Sat, Sep 21, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Michael's Morphing Trenchcoat at DAZ

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 5:48 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:37 AM

Anyone else have trouble with this? Okay, so I broke down and bought from DAZ. 14.95 for what they were offering for the package was a pretty good deal. I download the file, try to run the EXE and a DOS box pops up briefly and closes. Nothing else, and it's too quick to see what the DOS box says. So I figure I got a corrupt download and try again. Same thing. I'm using XP so I right click on the file and deselect the option for it to shut down automatically when done. I take a look at what the DOS text box says, "Program too big to fit in memory" WTF? I have 400+ RAM so I know that can't be the problem.... anyone else get burned by this file, or know what the problem is? I've emailed DAZ but being the weekend I don't expect to hear from them till the end of tomorrow. Thanks, Tilandra

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 6:08 PM

I bought it and I didn't have any problem at all. Never saw a DOS box. Sounds like your download is corrupt. Kevin

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 6:09 PM

You're not using Netscape are you? There was a note about some versions rearranging parts of the file on download. The note was on the download page. Kevin

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 6:24 PM

No, I'm using XP which comes with IE 6.0. There were no notes for 6.0, and I've not had a problem with any dowload from DAZ before this, and I've been downloading from them a lot since getting XP and this version of IE. I've downloaded at least 8 of their free items (including the screwdrivers just yesterday), and several fixes for Stephanie since getting IE 6, all of which use EXE files and no problems with those. Also purchased hi-res texes for Steph, which I downloaded from their Order History screen same as the trenchcoat, and no problem with that either. Could I really have gotten two corrupt downloads in a row? It's a brokered item, I just figured the vendor didn't package it properly and it slipped through DAZ's QA testing, since they're all Mac users over there I've heard. Having used my two downloads, it will be later tomorrow until I can try again, since I have to email them about giving me another link. I'll see what they have to say, since no one else is having this problem. Thanks

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 6:29 PM

Related note... Can a downloaded file be corrupt and still be the same exact size it's supposed to be? I always thought the size would be off if it got corrupted...? Tilandra

Grey_cat ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 6:34 PM

I use windows ME with IE 6.0, and I have the same problem. The download ended before you gone the complete file. You've got to watch the download the whole time to make sure your not disconnected before you get the file.

queri ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 8:41 PM

I've had corrupted files with the same size as the good files-- it threw me off too. Hard to tell which was which. I haven't installed the coat yet-- let you know when I do. Usually Daz detects when the download isn't completed properly and doesn't count that. However, I had a bad download recently that wasn't caught. Any problems go right to Reba, she'll take care of you. Emily

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 10:07 PM

The Trenchcoats arent a brokered item. and what's that suppose to mean anyway? Daz does all the packaging for the Brokered stuff too. ;) Doug (barely hanging on as a broker)

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

JDexter ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 10:12 PM

Also, don't click on the download link, instead right click and use Save Target as . . . There have been some bugs with downloading off the link. It is not consistent, but try it this way. I had no problem with the coat and I have XP/6.0 as well. JDexter

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 11:06 PM

Email Ron from the addy at the daz site and tell him what happened. He will probably help you out as you should have a receipt emailed from Daz to prove you bought it. Marque

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 11:35 PM

I emailed them right away, hoping to catch someone working on the weekend :) I log in when I check out, so they always have my purchase history listed. They were really cool about giving me a new link to Stephanie when I discovered out of all my backed-up DAZ stuff, Stephanie was the only one I missed. Still haven't figured out how that happened since a file after Steph was backed up. It's a mystery. Didn't realize they did the packaging for the brokered items, but that does make sense since they "brand" each one with the DAZ logo and stuff. Guess I'm used to their ways here at R'osity. You know how it is... got a new toy, ticked I can't use it. :P

queri ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 1:28 AM

I finally ported my download over to my Poser laptop. Did your's look like the regular exe?? Mine didn't, had that mini window appearance. And, just like yours, started to work, did a little Dos dance and then quit. I'll be writing them tomorrow about getting a fixed one. I bought it very early. My system P4 1.6g, Sony Design Studio running Windows ME and IE6. Everything else I downloaded at the same time-- LA and Athena hair-- worked just fine. Emily

sulian ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 1:53 AM

Buy Athena Hair and Michael's Morphing Trenchcoat. Download of Athena Hair : ok Download of Michael's Morphing Trenchcoat : DOS box and nothing else (with IE6 or Flashget, i have the same problem). There is a problem with the exe. Using French Win2K and IE 6

scifiguy ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 2:17 AM

Yep, same trouble here. Also IE6, but I can't see how it could be related to the browser...I've downloaded lots of things from DAZ including another purchase on this same order and never had trouble. I download both tries, both completed, and the second time I tried save as. Made no difference. Ah well...Reba will be on it :)

sulian ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 2:25 AM

For me, it's the first time i have problem with download at Daz3D. And now, i have tested the link two times, now, i can't download anything else, arghh.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 5:20 AM

I was planning to buy this in a few days, after my credit card cools off. I'm glad I decided to wait. At least the sale doesn't end until the sixth.

MadYuri ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 5:58 AM

I had no problems with the trenchcoat even though I have XP and used IE6 for the download (right click and then 'save as').

starmkr ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 9:30 AM

I bought it over the weekend as well and running Windows XP Pro no problems.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 10:45 AM

it sounds like it's an IE problem or maybe an xp problem....install any new updates? I bought the trench (and those boots, yum) this weekend, both work fine....I use ME and mozilla though which handles downloads really well, you can tell immediately if the download doesn't work. I saw the pick of Gambit...that forced me to by it...especially for ten dollars off.

Tirjasdyn

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 10:53 AM

I,ve the same problem with the trenchcoat. Dos box, nothing else. Bought it yesterday and havn,t had any problem with the other items. Win2k and IE5.5 Robert

DonnyD ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 11:14 AM

I am having the same problem. Just bought it and the athena hair - the hair worked perfectly. Donny

DonnyD ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 1:01 PM

I just got a response from Reba with a download link. The link is supposed to be active for 3 days. I tried to download the file twice - once with IE6 and once with NN6.2. Still doesn't work... I guess I'll try tomorrow.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 1:04 PM

They may have had problems at the weekend - the Hunpack stopped part way on Sat., first time I've had a problem with DAZ

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 8:14 PM

I got the trenchcoat on Friday night. No issues. XP and Nutscape. (I hate IE - virus catcher extraordinaire!)

JetM ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 8:39 PM

I've got IE5.5 on W2K with the same problem. I wrote them this weekend and hope for a fix. Bought the Las Vegas hair at the same time and downloaded the Steph sample maps and those were fine.

queri ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 9:24 PM

I think they have bad coat Karma. Remember the wierd artifacts on the suitcoat? I'm gonna try on my old 98 machine. I tried on ME with IE6-- which I loathe and abhor, is there any way to turn back the clock on that one and get an earlier model?????? I also hate Netscape. I'm just a bundle of love tonight. LOL. So it takes few days, Daz always fixes problems. Emily it's too darn cold to do poser anyway-- I'm freezing in CA

Tilandra ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 4:38 PM

Received this email: "Thank you for purchasing the Trenchcoat. We apologize that when this installer was created, the PC version was corrupted. If you have experienced problems downloading and using the PC version of this product, please redownload using the link below." Link and password, yadda, yadda, yadda. HAH! I know I'm not stupid. Tilandra

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 4:56 PM

Did DAZ pull the trenchcoat from the store due to technical difficulties? I just browsed by DAZ, and couldn't find it anywhere, although the front-page ads are still in place.

Tilandra ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 5:06 PM

ronknights: LOL yep, mob mentality. Just took a look myself and didn't find it. Their update worked great for me, so I don't know why they'd pull it, unless they haven't uploaded it to the regular website as yet. If that's the case, I'm glad they took care of the people who already bought it first. That was nice. Tilandra

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 7:43 PM

I have the same problem with the trenchcoat, and got an email from Ryan, one of the new tech reps for DAZ (man, i'd love that gig). Anyway, as it turns out they're suffering a little bit of a backup in the service department, but Ryan was nice enough to let me know, and that my fix was coming. Working in the tech support services industry myself, i know how that is. DAZ still has some of the finest support I've ever experienced.

queri ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:26 AM

Reba wrote me back with the same kind of message, sounds like it was a serious problem with the download. Usually they get a major fix pretty fast. I don't think you can beat personal service, and I've gotten months after the purchase when I screwed something up. They are very good people. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.