Fri, Sep 20, 1:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 7:53 PM

;)

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

thanx Doug... best I could do on short notice. and AFAIK one size fits all :-)

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:17 PM

All hail the Great and Powerful Oz... ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:21 PM

we do sometimes reprimand people behind the scenes. Just because you don't see it happen, doens't mean it's not there. Lyrra the Overworked

ScottA ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:47 PM

Has anyone seen my cat? I can't find her. . Oh wait. I don't have a cat. Damn!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 9:21 PM

I keep coming back to the forum cause I want to keep up with the latest Noose. At noon I stop by for my lynch break. Sometimes I just hang out all afternoon.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

sargebear ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 9:36 PM

80 testers. reward was a copy of P5, humm good deal, or trade. lets see $349x80= $27,920 or if its $249x80=$19,920 thats a pretty good reward for Volunteers.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 9:59 PM

Its dead wrong to go after beta testers.

Besides, they're out-of-season.

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:09 PM

"Besides, they're out-of-season. " Yup. It's still Tourist Season until mid October.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Plastic Jesus ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:12 PM

"...behold the mighty beast, which striketh fear and loathing into the hearts of the multitude, upon this beast is a number, and that number is 5."

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:18 PM

Indeed, IB... Then it's Elk Season. (heh - my permits came in today along with P5 >:) ) I figure most beta testers keep quiet thanks to that great big Non-Disclosure Agreement they had to sign before getting the freebie copy to test out. Besides, if I were a beta tester, I sure as hell wouldn't say a peep about it to anyone, anywhere, especially in the face of all this witch-huntery going about.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:30 PM

Oh good, I finally got in a thread before it was locked. Way kewl. Hi mom!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:35 PM

Hey Eric, Didn't your mom ever warn you about who you were hanging out with?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:53 PM

lions and trolls and bears oh my ;]

sargebear ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 11:12 PM

it still a good chunk of change for volunteers.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:12 AM

"lions and trolls and bears oh my ;] " Get thee back behind that curtain, oh great Oz. ;] Yeppers Pengy. And then during the 12 days of xmass, it's Reindeer Season. You live in elk country, Pengy? Man - I am SO jealous. Only deer down here, and if you want deer bigger than terriers, you have to drive up into the Ouchitas or the Ozarks. Post a pic in the Tavern if you make a good bag, eh?

• Monkeysmell

Norbert ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:57 AM

goldenoddity sed: "Ok I deleted my Post's" Way ta go, ya big woosie. Reading through this thread is now an almost total MESS, thanks to you. Once again: "If you're not willing to stand behind what you say, DON'T SAY IT. Hmmmm... Taking a look at the forum archives here, 'goldenoddity' deleted ALL of their posts before they did us a big favor, and supposedly left. Well... I wonder who that masked woosie really was, anyway? Ah, well.. don't really matter. Sure they're already back with a new identity, primed & ready to be a total a-hole at somone else. Just can't wait... Ahhhhh... So much fun to be had around here. Yessiree.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:05 AM

Just found this in my inbox: "Yer all wrong. It's wabbit season. Signed, Daffy"

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:18 AM

snicker Duck season...

• Monkeysmell

mondoxjake ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:45 AM

Hmmm, think I have finally made up my mind about P5...after hearing 'verified rumors' I think I will wait and see what Daz comes out with. Maybe that will give me time to figure out this Poser 4 thingy.

mondoxjake ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:50 AM

While I am here and see you just above...I wanted to tell you I love your Katie texture from 'way back when'. She is my alltime favorite and I still use it on a regular basis.

DemolitionMan ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:55 AM

Norbert cute name Back OFF! Scott your totally annoying......! And no one with any web sense at all would even come close to admitting that their a member of AOL. I told her to stay out of this mess. lol I told her what kind of people she can possible run into. Look Golden is not Trolling this gallery she has been a member alot longer than alot of you and her experience goes way back to the early versions of poser ok. And no she didn't back down from what she said...I told her to delete everything and get out of the community totally and stop trying to inform people of this mess. Plus you can't always explain everything in a readable format when typing instead of talking. It's not the bugs, or the fact that the program is slow that's just the minor annoyance's.....The problem with us was when our legit copy's of poser somehow didn't make it through the registration process we were or so it worked out, banned from renderosity as warez peeps through a collaberation between CL and Render so it seems. We tracked down the xml and yes it was happening and we found the redirection page for it. I'm not blaming render I'm blaming CL for this. The objective is fair for protecting your product but when your software makes a booboo and innocent people are caught in the middle to me that's not acceptable. We are not exagerating or lying here. That and the Poser 5 EULA aggrement in the book which is pretty heavy handed on your art work. And some thought the beta peeps might have overexagerated the usability of the product. For all of you who can't afford a real program and love the simplicity of Poser and live and die by it hey, enjoy and sow what the program my reap for you. You are all more than welcome to endure this silly registration product just be carefull when you change a hard drive or graphics card don't tell me I didn't warn you. I have software with dongles on them if you know what that is, works more effiently than a software protection scheme. It's the principle here that has made me leave. I don't like anyone being that overhanded with their software that I pay for and support here for this program is gigantic. Would anyone even check out artwork made with other apps? This Troll is going back under his bridge and taking his club with him hehehehe... And to the other trolls here that are doing alot of arguing and don't even have the program in your possesion...ahhhhh how do I say this....you don't have the program but yet you defend what you don't have or understand. Sounds like I need to see a shrink on this one lol. Anyway good luck and enjoy it if you can..:)

Staale ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 4:46 AM

If you mentions warez or they think you have a pirate version you get banned, if you repeatedly sell other peoples stuff in the store you become Merchant of the Month, strange policy... Staale

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:23 AM

Scott, Do you 'not have' a black cat? I found one a few months ago. IronBear, the deer around here are more like pets than game. Perhaps I shouldn't say this but they walk right into your camp and visit like a cat will. At least until they know they're being hunted. It would be better if game fought back, or knowingly offered their life. Yes it's time to move North, but I only hunt when there is a need to so I'll wait. I haven't got Poser 5 yet so I won't defend it, but betatesters? The tar and feathers store must be doing a good business. - TJ

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:31 AM

Heh. Daffy can say what he wants. I'm still reserving judgement on what it's open season on in this forum. ;] Maybe where you are, BM.... deer in the Ouchitas are a wee bit spookier than that. And for game that fights back, there's always razorbacks... a few hundred pounds of feral hog busily closing ground on you while soaking up .358 Norm rounds is impressive, to say the least. ;] Makes good bacon, also.

• Monkeysmell

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:04 AM

Iron Bear, We do have razorbacks on the west side of The Valley. I'm not as fond of the taste of them as of Deer. A friend has a membership with Ducks Unlimited and I've been out there once or twice, but generally I don't get out to the West Side much. I'll think about those razorbacks though if I can find someone to eat 'em. I think I know someone. - TJ

sargebear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:31 AM

someone calls it rewards, 1958 sort of the same thing happen to alan freed. what mr cooper calls rewards, alot of us call payment, or payola. after the testers did months of beta work, ( and to us work is work) one states, no deals, . what do you call it then? if someone did testing for me, i either have to pay them or give them a "reward", either way you call it , its still payment for service rendered.i mean $349x80 is a good chunk of change, ( and that isn't including S/H) seems to me that 30 grand could have helped one of his employees he laid off. as for the NDA, please, don't make me laugh, when you sign a NDA ( and i have a few under my belt) your really forbidden to speak about the product to anyone who isn't testing it. i think the day he got the program to some of these testers that the NDA went right out the window. or else how would i have known about who was testing months before release?sort makes me wonder why sign it at all, if your going to speak about it to someone.you can't hide under transparnet sheets. oh well mr cooper has made his bed, maybe he will get one of his testers to lay in it for a reward.

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:33 AM

AOL rules!!!!!

sargebear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:25 AM

oh no, i wasn't a tester,, i'm a mac user,,well thats the suggeseted reail price of the program, is $349, unless its been marked down to $249, still the thousand of dollars, if 80 ppl got a copy of P5, you think mr cooper could give that away for free? no it has to come out of someones pockets, it the numbers are BS as you so kindly put it, what does 80 copies equal out too? a buck niney five? and when i said to us work is work, it means, work is work, weather your making maps, making images, or even testing a product, work is work. did i pay $395,, nope not this time, last time i did, around $250 for P4. "hypothetical "employee he laid off" well the artical is in the ROS magazine... here in case you miss your issue: he states: it was horribale to see us go from funding ourselves and our people to letting go some of the emplyoees that were family. (issue 3)not my words but his. and i'm not blaming tester for anythign,, i'm sure they did the job they were asked to. but to say, no one got paid, no deals, and turn around and tell us, we did Reward them with a copy of P5. ( i for get what does P5 cost now? don't forget to multiply that by 80 now) i'm sure if you add your 2 and 2 together, you might come up with the same figure.

JHoagland ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:41 AM

kupa- First, thank you for returning the same forums that you once posted promotional Poser 5 to, every week. It seems like we haven't heard from you at all since the release of P5. If we had seen these [bugs], they would have been addressed prior to shipping.... and some bugs simply dont turn up until the product hits the real world of users. So, the "pressing a shortcut key while on the Parameter Dial palette doesn't work" was never caught by the testers? And, yes, this has reproduced and reported by a number of users. (And, yes, I did report it to tech support... I'm curious to see if it will be fixed in the patch.) What about multiple levels of Undo? (Sorry, that's a "feature", not a "bug".) Body morphs on Judy and Don not working at all? Are you saying no tester caught this? What about the fact that the floating Paramter Dials palette covers the Library? Feature or bug? Are the names of P5 figures are "standardized"? (Are the lady's clothing still prefixed "P5Female" in some folders and "P5Woman" and "P5Womans" in other folders?) --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:07 PM

"That number is plain BULLSHIT. It assumes that the testers would have paid full price in the first place, which means that the beta testers would have to have been chosen from people who have never owned a copy of any version of Poser before. It also assumes that the people who tested it wouldn't be getting a comp copy anyway...people who contributed content, for example. Seems that after that, the "thirty grand" gets whittled down pretty small?" Oh come on Legume!! that Dollar figure is as legitimate as microsofts multibillion dollar annual "Losses" to pirated copies of MS office that they "would" have sold on CDs that they "would" have burned on mass duplicators they "would" have used if it were not for those damned Chinese :-/

My website

YouTube Channel

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:57 PM

Here............kitty,kitty,kitty,kitty,kitty,kitty

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 3:55 PM

wabbit season

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 4:03 PM

Attached Link: BOOM!!!!

.....................DUCK SEASON FIRE!!!!!!.........................

My website

YouTube Channel

sargebear ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 4:27 PM

palyapus season,,one of gods most amusing creatures.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:51 PM

I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the Com... (Opps, wrong answer!) I was not a Poser 5 beta tester, nor have I ever seen the program run... Poser 4 still works fine, incidently!

Im4Angels ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:45 PM

Hey, IB, if you're jealous of those in elk country, how about those of us in the land of moose, caribou, deer, etc? Oh and all kinds of different bear, even polar. Haven't seen any iron or sarge varieties though. LOL

Vitzer ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:18 PM

Never hunted bear before. Deer, elk, boar, yeppers. Ever seen a black or brown bear feasting on rotting trash? Talk about disgusting. They are foul animals.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:46 AM

Wolf359 ::Daffy picks beak up off ground and replaces it on his face.:: "Yer dissssspicable!" On beta testers not revealing themselves - the witch hunting, get out the tar and feathers, string 'em up attitude that's QUITE apparent in this thread is EXACTLY THE REASON they don't reveal themselves, NDA or not. If you were a beta tester and seen that there a mess of people that want a piece of your hide, would you even hint at the fact you tested the program that thoso witch hunters are screaming about? I did beta for ver. 3,4, and 5 of AOL Mac so I know that not all of the bugs are squished in testing and what work perfectly on my mac might not on yours so as the line goes, 'your milage may vary' so you want a 'perfect bug free product'? then become a tester and stomp them bugs yourself til then get off your high horse about who did the beta on P5 cause if any of them are reading this thread they sure's hell ain't gonna tell you.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 1:26 AM

Scott, The cat will contact you when it wants something. ". . . and the ravonous beasts having devoured the last of their enemies, turned upon themselves . . ." - TJ ,from the book i haven't written yet.

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:04 AM

What are you talking about Bikermouse? What cat? I don't own a cat.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:13 AM

Attached Link: FREE T-REX WALKS IN C4DXL

Do you own a T-rex???? if so, Many thanks!!!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 1:47 PM

LOL!

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 10:36 PM

Scott, "I was misinformed." - Humphrey Bogart in Casa Blanca - TJ

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:59 PM

I WAS a beta tester, you want to target one. Fine here I am. I did the work that was asked of me and I did it to my best ability, I am not ashamed to state that I was. Thanks Steve for standing up for "us" I appreciate it!! Jack

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 1:35 AM

file_24903.jpg

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 2:54 AM

off the hook!

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 10:31 AM

:-(

Hiram ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 3:12 PM

file_24904.jpg

Good God almighty, ***what kind of place is this???** We can't troll anymore; we can't bash the software developers; we can't name-call or make up statistics - not without someone proving that we're idiots! I'm deleting all my posts, my gallery and all of my freebies (I think there are like, six of them) I'll use one of my aliases to defend myself and then I'm leaving Renderosity forever!!!!! (jeez, some people's kids!)*

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 4:36 PM

Well....... The sad part is I don't think the person who left was really a troll Hiram. Just someone who is easily excited and jumped before finding out what she's talking about. Like that's a rare thing around here. ;-) That doesn't make her a troll or a bad person. Just misguided. I kinda feel bad for chasing her away. I never wanted to do that. ScottA

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.