Thu, Oct 3, 4:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Cross-figure Poses/Animated Poses?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 10:30 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:47 AM

Poser may be many good things, but having figure standardization is not one of them. In attempting to make a "generic" animated pose for arms, I find that almost none of the values will transfer well from one figure type to another (i.e.: P4, P5, Mil figures). Rotations turn out completely different. Is there any possible way to get around this other than making a pose for each figure? I'm asking because the project would be practically impossible (or strictly limited) if one must use that technique. Thanks for any insights and responses.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jupiterkris ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 6:54 AM

A "generic" animated pose can be used on other figures - with a correcting controller . The correcting controller moves the other figure to the generic figure's zero pose at value of 1 - the "generic" animated poses will then work on that figure .

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 3:29 PM

Okay, that made no sense whatsoever. ;) What is a 'correcting controller' (and I've got a rather good indepth knowledge of Poser)? I understand putting one figure into the same pose as another type, but what's this about 'value of 1'? Is this a Full Body master dial? How do you compensate for rotation variations between figures with this method? Thanks

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jupiterkris ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2004 at 1:17 AM

Sorry, I'll try again ... "Correcting controller" (newly coined) is a controller - Partial Body Dial that, when set to 1, will return the pose of the new (zeroed) figure to that of the old (zeroed) figure . Hope I make sense so far ... The way to obtain the Corrector is to : Superimpose the new figure on the zeroed old figure in Poser . Adjust the dials of the new figure till the pose matches that of the old figure . Save out a pose . Open the pose in a text editor, and check the rotational values . Create a Partial Body Dial on the new character with those rotational values that are non zero . Poses created with the old figure can then be applied to the new figure; and if the Partial Body Dial is set to 1, this should correct the poses for the new figure .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.