Sat, Sep 21, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Just a thought to run by you regarding Fractal Galleries...

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 12:12 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:27 PM

It strikes me over and again how there is a huge difference between the fractals that are produced in 2D, such as Apo and UF, and other fractals that are produced in 3D, such as XD and one or two other programs. I don't feel that the 2D fractals can in all fairness be compared with the 3D ones, as 3D is a different concept altogether. I was therefore wondering what the practicalities would be for having both a 2D and a 3D FRACTAL gallery, each with their own Hot lists, challenges, etc.? How do other people feel about this idea?

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Fractelaar ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 1:22 PM

There are a lot of fractalprograms with a 3d tool inside Nicky most are freeware so as FE ,Chaoscope,ChaosPro a lot of Qurtinion tools etc etc Why not use it ?? Its funny that the UF users, use hours and hours work for creating something what looks as a real sphere or Egg and i think why? As you have so much another tools But i have total not a problem with a special 3d fractal section :-) But this a old story the same for adding things in a fractal that not belong there and uploading it in the fractal section :-) I think let we have fun and try to create a nice end result Cheerio Arend

Fractelaar ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 2:15 PM

""One of two another programs :-)" Okay here a real little list and for sure not complete Chaoscope ,Vision of Chaos,ChaosPro,FractVizion,LS systems, Strange attractor, 3d landsape toolinside FE and a few programs special for the Mac and then all the Qaurtinion tools and i am sure this a little top of the ice nountain So maybe you can create a apart section for UF and Apo LOL Cheers Arend

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 2:19 PM

Oh dear, I don't want this to become yet another of those hot debates, especially if it's already happened here in the past! My points are based purely on the assumption that there are those of us who prefer not to use the more user-UNfriendly 3D programs, and those that do like to use them. Yes, I have also noticed more and more MM stuff being accepted into the fractal section, and have just moved mine out of there into the MM section - actually before I read this, as I realised that I, also, rather objected to such free use of MM as if they were really true unadulterated fractals. If this is all going to become contentious, I'd rather the whole string were deleted. Maybe the moderators could just see what they think?

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Fractelaar ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 2:43 PM

Why delete the string ? I think this the right place for your really interresting question Let people say what she really think about this fact I am really inquisitive about that and hope on a few another reactions then only mine :-)) Cheers Arend

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 8:41 PM

I don't think of it as a competition, but a gallery of art, and I love to visit the Fractal Wing :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

nickcharles ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 10:47 PM

Hey Nicky There is nothing wrong with the question you raised. Yes, this has come up before, but no problem there. It may be a possibility down the road, just not at this time. Of course, we will get everyone's input first before that can happen. I rather think it is nice to see as much diversity as we have in our gallery, and like that it's all grouped together. Everyone has their fav programs, and though I myself may never post works with the likes Xenodream and others, I do like to see what others can do with them :D Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

SimonKane ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 7:05 AM

I don't see much point in separating the 2d and 3d stuff. As far as I'm concerned, it's all 2d - you look at it on a computer screen - whether you create the illusion of 3d by using software which renders 3d models, or by using other skills to create shadows, depth effects and so on in programs like UF, is irrelevant to me, and I quite like being able to see all of it without having to visit other galleries. Best wishes, Simon.

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2005 at 1:28 AM

I like the diversity of our current setup actually... many different programs that create so many amazing images... can't beat that I reckon! T.

Who? Me?

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2005 at 10:30 AM

Though I think I understand where your coming from, Nicky, I'm with Simon and tdierikx on this one. Love seeing the varied results from different fractal generators, whether they be 2D or 3D (or give the illusion thereof). We lost a few fine artists when it was decided that anything mixed should go in the MM gallery. Don't want to segregate the talent or the media, as long as the fractal is the focus. :~)

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2005 at 3:37 PM

I fully understand where you're all coming from. No problemo! Linda, my feeling is the same as yours re the MM work if a fractal is the main focus, but I'm not sure how much MM has to be involved before it definitely becomes MM rather than Fractal categorised! It's on that basis that I got concerned at the amount of MM that seemed to be acceptably appearing in the Fractal Section, and since it gave me concern, I decided that I should follow my own instinct and not assume mine would be any more acceptable than anyone else's might! There's a lot to be said for not having separate sections at all! lol! Just separate genres, so that we can all just concentrate on the composition and creativity side, no matter what our programs are. But I KNOW plenty of people would not agree with me on that one either! Oooooooh ain't it all a confusing muddle for someone like me! Sorry for the bother, at the end of the day I can see everyone's point of view, and my own pales into insignificance!

AnnaKirsten

My Website

bumpyduey ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 9:58 AM

You do raise a very good point and the issue of MM had me looking at my own gallery. I seem to be spending just as much time in PSP making the borders and backgrounds of my fractals than in UF. However the background is only there to emphasize the fractal itself (hopefully :o) Are they contenders for the MM section or OK where they are? Until I'm yelled at and hit repeatedly with a big stick I'll continue to post them in fractals. What does everyone think?

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 2:17 PM

When I personally refer to postwork leading to more of a MM contender, I'm referring more to the addition of many other things in the picture, such as a figure or some other thing(s) that may detract from the main emphasis of the fractal itself, although it is intended to enhance the whole image. I am sure that making backgrounds, borders and siggies inside your favourite editing program is quite acceptable, as these should be purely an enhancement to the fractal itself. Ultimately though, it obviously isn't for me to say! That's simply my own thoughts on the matter. Hope that helps?

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.