Sat, Aug 3, 11:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: So, ya ready for it?

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 3:12 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

Just curious.

Since you seem to have deleted the thread asking a simple question, after avoiding the question and then outright telling me that it wasn't worth your time to do so.

Would hate for you to be caught unawares.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 3:19 PM

they're ready. they've already lined up a coupla goombahs from new joisey, all set with the concrete galoshes :lol:

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:09 PM

Sorry ynsaen, not sure what you mean by the title? Please clarify and I'll be glad to help you.

The original thread was moved out as the thread was done and only stirring left.

Your question was answered several times by several different staff

Thanks

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:21 PM

The original thread was moved out as the thread was done and only stirring left.

then locking the thread would have sufficed rather than removing it. what signals do you want to send? hmm?

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:24 PM

Khai,

Sometimes its best to move the threads rather than just locking at our discretion and this was one of those times.

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:27 PM

then why hve more offensive posts just been locked rather than moved?
sorry, I'm just looking for consistancy and logic. you see, if the post had just been locked with the msg, 'Sorry, this has run it's course' then no one would have thought any different and the matter would be over. removing the post sends a signal that you don't like the questions raised and you are now trying to suppress them. so no. it  was 'not one of those times'. a little thought and you'd send a much better customer message out.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:32 PM

Khai,

The thread was already left there for the whole week, if your view from above was the reason it was moved, don't you think it would have been moved last weekend?  We made the decision to move it and its time to move forward. 

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:34 PM

Oh and I'm not sure of what more offensive thread(s) you are referring to but if you ever have a question on a particuliar thread in the Community Center forum that stays, then please feel free to send me the URL by Site Mail and I'll be more than happy to review.

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:45 PM

reply removed due to realisation of futility.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 5:08 PM

I'm sorry to see that thread is gone. It had some real insightful questions.
:blink:  :sad:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 7:51 PM

Quote - Khai, Sometimes its best to move the threads rather than just locking at our discretion and this was one of those times.

Absolutely!  I agree completely! I compare it to removing an unfortunate pet accident from the middle of one's living room carpet.  Only a slight stain, but the odor is now gone!

It would appear, however, that further housebreak training is in order.

Angelsinger ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 10:49 PM

wonders what everybody is talking about.

lol

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 1:27 AM

Quote - > Quote - Khai, Sometimes its best to move the threads rather than just locking at our discretion and this was one of those times.

Absolutely!  I agree completely! I compare it to removing an unfortunate pet accident from the middle of one's living room carpet.  Only a slight stain, but the odor is now gone!

It would appear, however, that further housebreak training is in order.

So asking questions or voicing concerns/complaints is like messing the carpet? Yeah man,you're right. We should all be good little robots, never questioning decisions. 

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 11:58 AM · edited Sun, 16 July 2006 at 12:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - So asking questions or voicing concerns/complaints is like messing the carpet?

Sir, there is a difference between stirring the shit for one's pathetic personal gain versus constructive dialog between members and staff to bring about effective resolution.

Quote - Yeah man,you're right.

Well, of course!  Thanks for taking notice :)

Quote - We should all be good little robots, never questioning decisions. 

Well, I for one do not follow that ideology, nor do I feel other members here do either.  Have you been around the last several weeks during the upgrades of major components of this web site?  Were you part of the democratic process of voicing concern on the design decisions of Renderosity which, by the way, ultimately led to changes requested by its members?

No?  Why not?  Where have you been?

In the three years I’ve been a member here, there is one thing I’ve noticed about Renderosity: they seem to listen to their members, which is more than I can say for many other web sites of this nature.  Some of the changes have been controversial, but I didn’t see a reduction in membership, which at one point in time I was foolish enough to predict would happen.  And I’ve also noticed that Renderosity seems to be listening to its members even more lately.

And when do they listen?  When they and their members are not faced with useless, pointless, antagonizing drivel by rabid in-the-back-row members who it seems their only goal in life is to moan, whine, bitch and complain in a demeanor that would make Stephen King proud.

If not faced with that, they listen, and they help.

I’m somewhat well known for voicing my opinion here in the past, which, at one point, resulted in my banning.  I still do voice my opinion here, but these days I do so in a more creative, socially acceptable manner which I hope will result in change.  And when I do fly off the handle, if I realize I’m wrong, I have enough balls to go back and apologize.

But one thing I and the vast majority of other members refuse to do is troll the forums and post content which serves one purpose only: self-gratification of being a complete git.

Let’s face it, there are two types of membership here: being a productive member, or, being a vulgarian troll.  If you choose to be a vulgarian troll, don’t be surprised with Renderosity’s ultimate response.

ariannah ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 1:07 PM

Quote - Let’s face it, there are two types of membership here: being a productive member, or, being a vulgarian troll.

I disagree.  With the amount of registered members here, I seriously doubt all members could fall into only two types of categories.  I'd say there are numerous categories, depending upon whether or not said member is a regular poster, lurker, drive-by participant, occasional cruiser to the fora - well, you get the idea.

With all due respect TerraDreamer (I don't know you so have no beef with you), it always gets my dander up when someone is quick to stereotype or categorize in a limited, shortcut fashion.  I personally don't fall into either of the categories you stated above.  Anyone here who knows me can attest to that statement as being true.

But back to the point of this topic.....I also fail to see why leaving Elle's original topic in place would have been a problem.  There were some pertinent and informative replies.  For this reason alone, I think keeping the thread in place, even if locked, with a response saying it had run its course wouldn't have hurt anything.

As artists, we have the responsibility to delve into the deeper workings and nature of our surroundings.  This is inherant in our nature in order to create.  With that in mind, doesn't it follow that certain things will and should be questioned?   How else are we to grow not only as artists but also as human beings?

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 1:43 PM

naw, there are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary code, and those who don't :lol: but seriously, it's been a week already since that other thread? I don't recall the details, but I recall some of 'em provided some fairly good answers. you gotta realise, at some of these forum sites, they will freak out if you question their judgement, but I think they have handled the questions in a relatively reasonable manner here.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 3:07 PM

Quote - Sorry ynsaen, not sure what you mean by the title? Please clarify and I'll be glad to help you.

Your question was answered several times by several different staff

Thanks

Implication in the title was already explained -- dig up that thread and read it.

No stirring -- I was being uncommonly patient. The staff here was pointedly ignorning it. It embarassed you.

It was incompletely and partially answered by 2 members of the staff. Two is rarely considered to be several, and an incomplete and partial answer is not answering it.

In fact, it would better to state that you specifically said you would Not answer the question, as it wasn't worth your time to do.

I do have to give some applause to terradreamer.

That's one heck of a nice slap. Quote worthy, even lol.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 3:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - So asking questions or voicing concerns/complaints is like messing the carpet?

Sir, there is a difference between stirring the shit for one's pathetic personal gain versus constructive dialog between members and staff to bring about effective resolution.

Quote - Yeah man,you're right.

Well, of course!  Thanks for taking notice :)

Quote - We should all be good little robots, never questioning decisions. 

Well, I for one do not follow that ideology, nor do I feel other members here do either.  Have you been around the last several weeks during the upgrades of major components of this web site?  Were you part of the democratic process of voicing concern on the design decisions of Renderosity which, by the way, ultimately led to changes requested by its members?

In the three years I’ve been a member here, there is one thing I’ve noticed about Renderosity: they seem to listen to their members, which is more than I can say for many other web sites of this nature.  Some of the changes have been controversial, but I didn’t see a reduction in membership, which at one point in time I was foolish enough to predict would happen.  And I’ve also noticed that Renderosity seems to be listening to its members even more lately.

And when do they listen?  When they and their members are not faced with useless, pointless, antagonizing drivel by rabid in-the-back-row members who it seems their only goal in life is to moan, whine, bitch and complain in a demeanor that would make Stephen King proud.

If not faced with that, they listen, and they help.

I’m somewhat well known for voicing my opinion here in the past, which, at one point, resulted in my banning.  I still do voice my opinion here, but these days I do so in a more creative, socially acceptable manner which I hope will result in change.  And when I do fly off the handle, if I realize I’m wrong, I have enough balls to go back and apologize.

But one thing I and the vast majority of other members refuse to do is troll the forums and post content which serves one purpose only: self-gratification of being a complete git.

Let’s face it, there are two types of membership here: being a productive member, or, being a vulgarian troll.  If you choose to be a vulgarian troll, don’t be surprised with Renderosity’s ultimate response.

Interesing.

I've been a member of Renderosity longer than you and I've notcied that Renderosity doesn't listen to the membership unless it serves their purposes and their goals.

I've also done far more to defend Renderosity than I have to slam it. And when I do slam them, I generally avoid the "useless, pointless, antagonizing drivel by rabid in-the-back-row members who it seems their only goal in life is to moan, whine, bitch and complain" methodology. I prefer to snark and poke and annoy.

As for the implication of vulgarian troll, please correct yourself.  I'm a Trollette. And, more specifically, an ynsaen trollette. Applying masculinity or reason to my actions is likely to place you in a difficult spot.

The "pet" analogy was much better.

The desperate gamble to converst Renderosity in a  into a social networking site will pay off -- long term.  In the short term, though (two years, I'm estimating at this point), the cost will be rather great, and the benefit will transfer to their largest competitor.

Given that Renderosity is a red headed step child for Bondware, that's a reasonable thing to do.

Given that Rosity's long been the hub of an expanding community, and the methodology used to enact that change is asinine, its not so reasonable.

The basic rules of usability have taken a back seat to the programming, and despite this, the staff of renderosity continues to be condescending, dismissive, and rude to the very membership they are claiming to be doing this "for and because of".  Even in their little Front Page Articles, which explain nothing and work overtime to sell features without giving them any sense of value.

Tilting at windmills, yes.

But at least its fun.

Simon_P ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 4:29 PM

Renderosity/Censorosity* (*delete as appropriate) aren’t interested in your opinion because it’s not in keeping with theirs.

If your thread had brought money in it would have been made into a sticky and linked to from the front page, Yes I am that cynical.

This thread will most likely suffer the same fate. Lock to test the water, and when they think it is forgotten discretely remove it and hope no one will notice (they will)

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 4:59 PM

"Have you been around the last several weeks during the upgrades of major components of this web site?  Were you part of the democratic process of voicing concern on the design decisions of Renderosity which, by the way, ultimately led to changes requested by its members?

In the three years I’ve been a member here, there is one thing I’ve noticed about Renderosity: they seem to listen to their members, which is more than I can say for many other web sites of this nature.  Some of the changes have been controversial, but I didn’t see a reduction in membership, which at one point in time I was foolish enough to predict would happen.  And I’ve also noticed that Renderosity seems to be listening to its members even more lately."

Why yes, I have been around. Stating my opinions as I see fit. I don't frequent Rosity as much as I once did. Mostly due to the LACK of listening from the PTB. But I do still pass through on occasion and voice my opinion.

In the three years you've been coming here you feel they listen to their members? Man you're seeing things I haven't been seeing. It usually takes an epic shit storm for them to change their minds. Often they don't even WHEN the members are up in arms. Were you around for the AOY fiasco? Or when they banned certain merchants from the merchant forum because they happened to Mod at another site as well(couldn't let all those super secret plans out don't you know). Or when they killed C&D.OT, and the Bar because someone might question or complain about decisions they may make?I've watched this site shoot itself in the foot yearly for the last six years, and it's looking more and more like the Sept. Foot shooting/BBQ is a might early this year.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 6:18 PM

Okay this has gone on long enough and I am locking this thread.

Please do not start another thread on the same topic.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.