Sun, Sep 22, 6:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 4:31 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:21 PM

Hi folks

I've uploaded a pic at my Rosity gallery. The #207 one. So I know TOS. And usually I enable the Nudity Tag, because I know TOS and usually I draw nude women

But this time I thought on covering her hip. And her breasts. Nothing wrong. I uploaded it, and end of story the most of times...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1368305

A couple of minutes ago I've received a nice and kind email:

*Edited out personal email communications between staff and members

I love the 'noted in your member record' part. I was amazed not finding nice terms against me as 'bastard' or 'moron' or 'nigger' or something stronger to define me as a delinquent. Troubles of the pre-made emails

Mr. jumpstartme2, I ALWAYS draw nude women (well, almost always). And I always enable the Nudity Tag. TITS ARE HITS, do you remember? So what a pity for a single time I draw a dressed woman, with a lace poncho (but not as transparent as anyone could see a DEVILISH tit) and I don't enable the nudity Tag because there's nudity in it, just today your concept about nudity is different than mine. Oh, and obviously I'm not a mod (AT LEAST HERE) so you are right and I'm wrong and there's no discussion, Your Honour. Thanks for your tag, because lots of people will enter there searching an unexistent nudity, and don't worry. Surely I won't draw again a dressed woman, so I swear I'll enable my Nudity Tag in ALL MY FUTURE PICS

sigh

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:02 PM

Nudity? what nudity, i see no nudity here.

Bobbyk231 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:09 PM

Attached Link: www.alhannah.com

Casette - New TOS approved clothing not requireing the "Nudity" tag. 

kimber89 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:15 PM

I agree, what nudity? She has a lovely poncho on and a beautiful render too.
I see a more "nudity" with a tight bikini with nipples poking out...wonder if they'll start to flag those as well, including "Hooker-wear"!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:21 PM

no te enojes, cassette. they will never refer to you as a 'bastard' or 'moron' or 'nigger' here. I think they have a rule that if there are small pieces of tape or cloth covering the breasts or crotch, it's still defined as "nudity". but enforcement would vary, depending on who complained about it or who received the complaint.

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:23 PM · edited Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:29 PM

Perhaps now people in bikini or underwear need nudity tag... 

Hey, Kawecki, perhaps your burka is also Nudity tagged !!!

:lol:

EDITED
MissNancy, once Animotions banned me a pic. Then I was using a nice BatLab's top with a main transparent part, so you could see clearly breasts and nipples. I used the opaque version of the top and end of story. But... I'm trying to see a single nipple in the middle of that poncho's lace, and... damn, I can't

Lucky mods, with their x-ray vision... :lol:

CASETTE
=======

kimber89 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 5:35 PM

LOL They see the areola. Oooooooo my eyes! It's sooooooooo obvious, sooooooooo out there, I will be scarred for life!! The horror of seeing a hint of the areola!!!!! ;)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 7:42 PM

I know I'm blinded for life now. It's a scene which will forever be burned into my virgin memory.

My Facebook Page

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 8:29 PM

Once met a woman reporter at an airport in a tropical country.  She was wearing almost the exact same type of areola-revealing lacey top.  Distracting to talk to her.  Good think her cameraman was goofing off, or it might have been too obvious where my eyes were looking at. 

Eternal Hobbyist

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 9:28 PM

I don't know maybe this isn't the popular opinion here - but I can see why it was done.  What's the big deal though?  I mean your big deal about a simple reminder?

As a parent of a child very much into graphic arts, and gifted - who peruses some of the galleries - I'm sorta thankful that they do err on the side of caution.   By no means a prude myself nor do I limit my daughter from seeing tasteful art, but I do appreciate the warning so that I can glance myself real quick before she does.

No offense to you or your art, but this is one I would like to have seen first.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 11:02 PM

I guess we'll never see a Wendy O Williams pic here. .;) One man's meat is another mans' poison, or something like that.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 11:39 PM

Sorry Casette, but I do believe I see a nipple in there ... -but only if I look with a magnifyng glass.
BTW, would you believe that TWO of my renders posted in 'rotic were delted for not adhereing to the TOS, yes that's right, the site were anything goes deleted two of my renders for 'non-consensual violence'.  So, Go figure!
David P. Hoadley
BTW, I really DO love that render, and said so in quite blatant terms.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 11:56 PM

Ok, since this has been brought into the Poser forums, and it addresses me personally, I will respond here as well.

First Casette,  It is not allowed to post private emails between members and staff, and I have edited out the email you posted.

If you have issues with any member at Renderosity, {including members of staff} the proper way of addressing the situation is to write to the admins at admin@renderosity.com

As far as the particular wording of that email, as most know {and for those who don't} it is a standard automatic system email that goes out when a member of staff has to flag an image that is not properly tagged. The current wording in that auto email is being worked on, and will be changed slightly in the near future.

Also, anytime a letter is auto sent to a member, the system also records this and places it inside the members record. The letter reflects this.

As for the nudity flagging..let me define what Renderosity considers nudity, and what images must be tagged.

Nudity consists of/Needs to be tagged : Bare nipples, areola, bare buttocks or buttocks cleft, genitals {including pubic hair} This also includes transparent/sheer clothing where any of these areas show thru.

Your image had a sheer lace top, where the bare nipples/and areola showed thru, therefore it needed to be tagged. Your idea of nudity might differ from the ideas of Renderosity's, but whether partial or full nudity, it is considered nudity nonetheless, and must be tagged.

As for the general shape of nipples that push against clothing, a nudity tag is not required. The clothing would have to be transparent/sheer to require that.

Renderosity has enabled members on both sides of the fence {those who wish to view nudity, and those who prefer, for whatever reasons, not to} a way to view this site as they prefer, and that is why we have the nudity filters. If you dont tag your images properly when they contain nudity, those members who do not want to see it, and have their profiles set to 'no nudity', will have no choice but to see it. {try explaining that to your boss..} 😉

If you, or anyone has any questions about nudity, throw it out there..I'll answer where I can.

Oh, and btw......Im MS. Jumpstartme2..not Mr. 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:19 AM

"Renderosity has enabled members on both sides of the fence {those who wish to view nudity, and those who prefer, for whatever reasons, not to} a way to view this site as they prefer,"

dphoadley @ Ms. jumpstartme2
The above statement isn't exactlyt correct.  You've yet to implement my request for a tag that will filter out all the non-nudes (ie clothed) renders.  I'm still having to wade my way through tons of clothed renders to get to my few (and far-between) precious nudes. ;=D
David P. Hoadley

kimber89 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:40 AM

Raises hand I have a question...or two!!! I apologize in advance because I feel like being the cantankerous old cow that I am.... :)))

Is "buttocks cleft" the same thing as "plumber's butt/crack"? What about "Daisy Duke" shorts right up the wazoo? Are pasties considered "nudity"? 
What about man-boobs?? Why aren't men's nipples &  areolas supposed to be covered?? Talk about sex discrimmination...... :))))) ;)

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:46 AM

Quote - "Renderosity has enabled members on both sides of the fence {those who wish to view nudity, and those who prefer, for whatever reasons, not to} a way to view this site as they prefer,"

dphoadley @ Ms. jumpstartme2
The above statement isn't exactlyt correct.  You've yet to implement my request for a tag that will filter out all the non-nudes (ie clothed) renders.  I'm still having to wade my way through tons of clothed renders to get to my few (and far-between) precious nudes. ;=D
David P. Hoadley

I think it works sort of like a V chip on a TV set, where it just filters out the adult programs,
but can't be set to just filter out the kid friendly programs.  Internally it  assigns
each rating a number, with the more graphic a rating, the higher the number.  Then
depending on the setting, the tighter the restriction, the lower the number it lets
through.  But the program doesn't have the ability to filter out only low numbers and
only let high numbers through.

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:49 AM

Quote - Raises hand I have a question...or two!!! I apologize in advance because I feel like being the cantankerous old cow that I am.... :)))

Is "buttocks cleft" the same thing as "plumber's butt/crack"? What about "Daisy Duke" shorts right up the wazoo? Are pasties considered "nudity"? 
What about man-boobs?? Why aren't men's nipples &  areolas supposed to be covered?? Talk about sex discrimmination...... :))))) ;)

I once saw a TV show where some men were in a swimming pool.  One of the men was
Gay, and they did pixilate his nipples, but didn't pixilate the nipples of the straight men.

(Though I think they may have been doing this for a comedy effect)

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:59 AM

Quote - dphoadley @ Ms. jumpstartme2

Jumpy's jaw falls ~pulls herself back together~...ummm ok..we'll see what we can do about that Dp 😉

Quote - Is "buttocks cleft" the same thing as "plumber's butt/crack"?

Yup, thats the part ;)..altho it would have to be a good portion, and not just the very tip top...{like, yea..those plumbers who make you go 'eeeew'

Daisy Dukes..thats a tough one..and one that might need to be addressed further, including thongs..if everything but the wazoo is showing, best bet is to tag it. 😉

Pasties do not count as nudity..if the nipple/areola is covered completely.

Man boobs/nipples.....most cultures that I know of, do not see mens chests as a sexual area like they do womens. {and yes, I know some cultures do not view womens breasts as purely sexual..but Rendo is in the US and for the most part, the US views womens breasts this way, and requires them to be covered}

A man has no problems pulling off his shirt where-ever..but a woman does it, and she gets oggled or attacked....not fair really, but thats the way the chips fall :(

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 2:26 AM

"A man has no problems pulling off his shirt where-ever..but a woman does it, and she gets oggled or attacked....not fair really, but thats the way the chips fall :("

Dphaodley @ Ms. jumpstartme2 & **kimber89
**Regarding the above quote, the other side of the coin is that men as rule are more willing to put themselves in harms way, if necessary, in the defense of an unknown woman and/or her child, than they would be in a similar situation for an unknown man.
David P. Hoadley

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:03 AM · edited Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:05 AM

Okay, MS. (er ... sorry) jumpstartme2. The only part I'm agree with you is the 'It is not allowed to post private emails between members and staff' one (although the sense of my thread disappear without it, so as part of the mess I decided to publish it here, I think I'm not revealing any Rosity's deep secret)

First, if you can extract if from my writing up here: this is absolutely funny for me

Second, I draw nude women. Gosh, probably I'm good in it because people (better, mods) see nudes in my pics including when I don't draw nudes

Third, this isn't a transparence. It's a lace poncho. You need a very exhaustive examination if you try to see there a nipple or an areola. My pic is family friendly... and I swear if a fellow is looking for nudity, he doesn't spend his time in an hour with a magnifizer trying to investigate if that darker zone is an areola, he simply opens the next pic when a girl appears with watermelon boobs and pacifier nipples :lol:

Fourth, of course my idea about nudity is different than Rosity or yours. Here in Spain a woman could walk the street with that poncho (hey, in summer she would walk with that bottom too) without more problems than a bunch of avid sights. In RosityLand, angry policemen would put her a tshirt, and put a red mark in her morality card

Fifth, my only suggestion is to tell to The Writer, the one who writes Rosity's automatic emails, to reduce or smooth his/her email contents. 'Dear Casette' sounds family friendly and doesn't gives an impression of 'hey, delinquent'. And better to choose different words than the actual ones, giving me a feeling of a 'Pervert Card' where I'm loosing points until I'm finally a Rosity Officially Pervert And Bad Guy (oh, God ... :lol: )

Final (oooffff), I swear you  all my next nudes will be indubitably nudes, so I won't have another mistake forgetting a Nudity Tag. I've uploaded another one today (the NEXT from yesterday's one), I've dedicated it to you and... I'VE ENABLED THE NUDITY TAG

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CASETTE
=======

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:24 AM · edited Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:25 AM

That you DID, Casett, yously did -and it's a RIOT!  Ya SALAAM, zadiki, ya salaam! AZEEM, Inteh, Azeem!
David P. Hoadley

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:25 AM

Nice pic Casette, I will say one thing in support of the mod though: You're laying the blame squarely at jumpstartme2 for sending the warning e-mail which really isn't fair because decisions like these aren't made by one person but the whole of the mod team so singling out jumpstartme2 isn't really right!  ;-))

That said, neither is a warning about your image, there's no real nudity there [IMO] and certainly nothing that would offend, if someone clicked on it and didn't want to see nudity!  [They clearly wouldn't, see nudity I mean].!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

The issue is not the nudity, it's the authoritarian "We'll be watching you, buster," reaction. This was obviously a case where the ridiculous definition of "nudity" (pasties are Ok, but a sliver of areole isn't?) were violated by accident. So why does he have "a note in his record?"

And how convenient, that emails executing the Red Queen's orders are confidential. Did that get him another back mark on his record?

I'm curious about the pasties rule. How about a picture of a penis in a hot dog bun? Ok as long as the glans is covered? As I understand it, it's still nudity if you cover it with a non-clothing item, right? As in two allegedly naked people standing behind a bush? So butt crack jeans would be nudity even if you can't see the crack. Renderers be warned. It isn't enough to cover your plumber's butt; it's what you cover it with.

In my opinion, all pictures should be flagged nudity, because we are all naked under those clothes. Even pictures of houses should be flagged, if someone suspects nude people inside. That's do this right, and protect the world from the most important threat -- worse than global warming, mayhem in Iraq, the national debt, AIDS, and the desensitization of the human soul -- to America: naked pussy.

As I understand the Jesuitical parsing of the flag requirements, I need to check all three. Ten points to the first person who identifies the cause for each flag. And no, "Jesuitical" does not mean I'm a rabid hater of Catholics. Some of my best friends are bilingual.

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:41 AM

What skin discovered percental defines Nudity in RosityLand?

:lol:

Gosh, it's true... ALL WE ARE NAKED UNDER OUR CLOTHES!!! WE ARE CONDEMNED!!!

:b_funny:

CASETTE
=======

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:54 AM

Jesuitical

• adjective 1 of or concerning the Jesuits. 2 secretive or equivocating, in a manner once associated with Jesuits. ( Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English)

DPH

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:57 AM

*Dear Casette: about your pic Sweetly Tender, adding the skin total area that appears across the lace poncho's holes (using ACME's Nudity Degree Detector) we have discovered you're showing a 56 % of nudity. So the High Court decided YOUR PIC CONTENTS NUDITY AND YOU AREN'T ENABLING THE SACRED NUDITY TAG, SINNER !!! 
etc etc etc curses etc etc penalties etc etc ugly insults etc etc etc...

*God, my stomach... I can't stop laughing... :lol:

CASETTE
=======

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:57 PM · edited Sun, 21 January 2007 at 12:58 PM

:(   I don't want to be a meanie and lock this,  but this thread is really serving no constructive purpose.

Please, let it go now and move onto something more constructive and productive :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:00 PM

Casette says: no more

CASETTE
=======

Tiari ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:23 PM

I actually after reading this, have a question!

A real one, not a joke one.  What if your figure is nude, but in a pose, say crouched positon where no naughtiness shows?  No clothes at all, but no actual sighting of naughty bits, is that still nudity persea?

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:28 PM

Yes!! 

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:47 PM

this seems to be a regular debate recently, the subject of what is or isn't considered nudity and/or offensive viewing for the average member here and is worthy of a mass debate, but i think we should all agree to dissagree.....

...so can you all please stop mass debating all over these forums!

you'll go blind you know!!

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 2:19 PM

Im kinda baffled as to what is so "offensive" about asking someone to respect what others might not want to see.  I understand that 90% of the world at large is interested in seeing a large breasted woman in nothing but a lace poncho and  thong - so Im all about those people being able to see that.   

I honestly (with all due respect) can't understand why OP (casette) feels so put off about respecting other peoples desire to not see.

I do think it is an interesting topic.

RedHawk ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 2:25 PM

Quote -
...so can you all please stop mass debating all over these forums!

you'll go blind you know!!

Oh my god.....too funny! :lol:
People mass debating all over the forums intead of all over the galleries! It's an outrage! 
(anyone need a tissue?)

<-insert words of wisdom here->

kimber89 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 3:14 PM

Wait, wait ,wait, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute!!!! C'mon Acadia! This is really interesting...not mention just plain HILARIOUS :))))))

It just doesn't make sense to say pasties are ok yet if arms/hands are covering the ENTIRE nipples & areolas (which btw cover a heck of alot more than pasties) have to be flagged for nudity.  It's not logical!!! ;)

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:07 PM

ROFL Red Hawk, I was  so Slooooooooooooooowwww there, I completely missed that one, Oh and nice one vince3!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

templargfx ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:13 PM

What I find so funny about this whole nudity tag, and the ability to switch off viewing nudity is that it seems it was done to make it "safe" to view renderosity without fear of any nasty images come up.

but the funny thing is, this whole website is so NOT work safe, I mean look at some of the banner images, look at people avatars, and the work left untouched by the "no nudity" view. 

I love rendo, but I never make the mistake of trying to view this site at work in a window any bigger than 1/4 of my screen, just to be safe. after all, theres that whole fair use policy at work....

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:25 PM

This may or may not help you guys out, but....

Just use common sense.  I know that common sense differs from person to person depending on their upbringing and / or culture etc.  However, if you have to stop and question if your image should have a nudity flag, then just stick on the flag.  What harm is that doing?  Heck, chances are it will increase your views!  

Just don't abuse the nudity tag by flagging images that  couldn't possibly be construed as "nudity" (IE: flagging an image as nude because the horse in the scene doesn't have clothing on it)  because that will defeat the whole purpose of the nudity flag.

I don't understand what the issue is about flagging an image nude if it's warranted.  Is it because some people feel that by applying the "nudity" tag to their image that they are casting themselves into an undesirable / perverse light or something? 

I can tell you that unless it's an absolutely blatent nude that is not flagged nudity, or a picture that has zero nudity that has been flagged nudity, that there is great discussion behind the scenes about each image that comes into question before any changing of tags or action is taken.

From what I've seen in my short time as a co-ordinator, all of the staff give great care to be fair and unbias and consult together to make these decisions.

I know some people are black and white when it comes to "rules" and unless they see something in writing they will consider it "ok" by exclusion.  There will always be "if" and "what if" when it comes to rules, and in the case of nudity it's impossible to include every single possible example of what could be construed as nudity because there will be always be someone who wants to test the waters in order to push the limits.

The TOS is there as a guideline only, and as with most guidelines it's open to interpretation by anyone who reads it... you know, all of that differing common sense stuff  :) ... however, the following is pretty clear. 

Quote - Nudity consists of / Needs to be tagged : Bare nipples, areola, bare buttocks or buttocks cleft, genitals {including pubic hair} This also includes transparent/sheer clothing where any of these areas show thru.

If your image falls outside of that and you aren't sure if it should be tagged, flag it or better yet, ask a staff member. The staff member won't be making the decision on their own.  They will likely post it in their discussion forum and ask what the others think and then let you know.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

badmoon ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:28 PM

Attached Link: For casette

@Casette, thank you for this thread it insired me to make a new prop and to post a new picture!  (dedicated to you!)

ecko30 ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 11:39 PM

if that's the case (i just looked a your picture) i wonder why a couple of mine made it through
nice picture

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:31 AM

Isn't it about time that rendo had a system of maybe just warning people in a less confrontational way then they seem to have now? The way you do it now seems to upset people who don't usually produce nude images but slip over the edge.
Surely there has  to be a better way?

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 1:09 AM · edited Mon, 22 January 2007 at 1:16 AM

"...so can you all please stop mass debating all over these forums!"

dphoadley @ vince3
I'm reminded ot the musical Hair: '....Mass-debation can be fun...'
David P. Hoadley
PS: LANGUAGE tag affixed just to be on the SAFE side. ;=P

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 1:39 AM

I'm reminded of Rydell High and that ever dreadful "Mark On your Permanent Record"! Oh wait, maybe that was Rock-n-Roll High School wth the Ramones and not Grease. Geeze... high school movies all blurring together in this fog I call a brain....

tainted_heart ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 5:06 AM

Hmmm...I've examined the image in question by Casette over and over again and I cannot see any evidence of nipples or areola. Now I've seen a few bare breasts in my day, so I know what a nipple and it's surrounding areola look like and, for the life of me, I don't see any in that image! Not even if I use a magnifying glass!

Could the mod that made this decision post the upper portion of the image in this thread and circle the area where they think they saw what they believe to be nipples and/or areola? It would be educational for us all so we can understand and not make the same mistake.

I think this is a case of "mistaken identity". I do have to admit the image is quite "titillating" but a little titillation doesn't always add up to a nipple. I suspect it's a reach to think anyone might admit they made a mistake here and apologize to Casette.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

jjroland ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 9:00 AM · edited Mon, 22 January 2007 at 9:04 AM

I can see it - right boob. 

If it was up to me - in all honesty, I would make the guidelines more strict .- As it is they seem fairly minimal to me. 

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 9:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote - I'm reminded of Rydell High and that ever dreadful "Mark On your Permanent Record"! Oh wait, maybe that was Rock-n-Roll High School wth the Ramones and not Grease. Geeze... high school movies all blurring together in this fog I call a brain....

Are you sure it wasn't "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

LillianaSapphire ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:21 PM

**Hiya all,

I think its all about respecting people and what they do and do not want to see, so i agree with thumbnails not having nudity. However, in regards to mods informing members to put the nudity tag i feel is just silly. If a mod sees an image with nudity and the member forgets to add the tag, why can't the mod just add the tag and then its there, done, no hurt- no fowl.....

shrugs

In regards to Castte's images, some of his stuff is full on nudity, but his work is of a standard I felt was good enough to be published in a magazine i produce. So in regards to this image he posted here,  this image is pretty tame! I see no nudity apart from a the ouside of the nipple. To some maybe that's offensive, but not to me.

Anna**

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:42 PM

Quote - I actually after reading this, have a question!

A real one, not a joke one.  What if your figure is nude, but in a pose, say crouched positon where no naughtiness shows?  No clothes at all, but no actual sighting of naughty bits, is that still nudity persea?

I belive that is refered to as implied nudity and generaly warrents a nudity tag.
that is assuming enought of the figure is visable that it is apparent that there are no clothes on the figure.

i believe the logic is that dispite the fact that you can not see the "naughty bits" it is apparent that the figure is not wearing clothing that would cover the "naughty bits" and is therefore nude. Tag it.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:52 PM

Quote - **..in regards to mods informing members to put the nudity tag i feel is just silly. If a mod sees an image with nudity and the member forgets to add the tag, why can't the mod just add the tag and then its there, done, no hurt- no fowl.....

to me, forgetting is forgivable, but not knowing (or not beliving) the tag should be there should be corrected and the user notified so that in future they can tag appropriately.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 5:16 PM

but as I have said before surely they can be adivsed in a less confrontational way  then seems to be being used at the moment.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:41 PM

On a related note; I just noticed on the front page here that they're going to be setting some rules about thumbnails soon. It also has their definition of nudity.

Paradoxically, while I don't have a problem with nudity, my employers do, so I'm of mixed mind about it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Barrelhaus ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 7:11 PM

In my opinion this whole thing about censoring nudity is a load of BS.
What people are creating here are works of ART.

Censoring works of art is the real obscenity.

Any one visiting a site that supposedly showcases ART should expect to see the nude human body on occasion, if it offends thier twisted sensibilities then fuck them.

Go to the Disney site.
Now there's a twisted view of reality.

"Have you ever made a just man?"
"Oh, I have made three," answered God,
"But two of them are dead,
"And the third--
"Listen! Listen!
"And you will hear the thud of his defeat."

-Stephen Crane

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.