Mon, Jul 8, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: First Time Buyers receive 35% OFF!!! - ???

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 11:04 PM · edited Sun, 26 May 2024 at 1:45 AM

I just read the last Newsletter.  Would anyone care trying to explain this perspective for me?

Basically, what I think is being said here is that Renderosity would like to try appreciating people it has never had business experience with; more so than those whom it has already begun to form monetary relationships with.

An old friend and I were just talking about this today, and neither of us could appreciate this campaign.  Comcast does this same thing; but for the life of us we ca'nt see anything, that our having contributed/invested in it's financial benefits, doing for us now! 

Unless there is another/bigger incentive, around the corner, for Repeat Customers?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 12:22 AM

One way of looking at it is that you are already a customer , and they want to attract new people who may tend to buy more .

Renderosity I am sure appreciates you , loves you as a customer , and would give you a big warm hug and peck on the cheek , but its not allowed under US  rules for professional conduct in the workplace .     😉

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 11:58 AM

Thanks markschum, you're input is always appreciated!

I feel Discriminated against, and that the money I've payed Renderosity is being Squandered! I will certainly look twice, to find other sites selling the same vendors products, next time I make a purchase; and I will opt not to make that purchase here, if at all possible!

On the table we have an offer of %35 off, which is a great way to attract newbies; but I seriously do not think Renderosity should Burn Bridges to See the Forest Through the Trees; especially where it is Us Veteran Members that will be/have been making a newbies' day at Renderosity, memorable, until our feathers get ruffled like this...

If I were the Renderosity Administration I would certainly not let this offer run, without an equal or better offer to it's existing clients, contributors, investors, and partners!

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 1:28 PM

Rendo has provided 10% off if you buy $25 or more coupon in the past , so they do have promotions from time to time .

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 1:36 PM · edited Sat, 09 February 2008 at 1:40 PM

Thanks again for the hugs, markschum!

What I'd like is in on this, without wishing to have forsaken my monetary experience with Renderosity; as if that should ever be what is happening!

I've received 2 $5 GFs,in the past, for being a current member; but with the purchase of a  $15 item, this deal is superior.  This to me is unacceptable; again, from the standpoint of an experienced user, as I've a huge wishlist with plenty of expensive items.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:09 PM

We had the same deal last fall. I wish they would do more of them actually.

But companies frequently do discount incentives to get new customers.  This is just another incentive by a business trying to boost their sales through new customers.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:58 PM · edited Sat, 09 February 2008 at 10:07 PM

👎

It's Robbing the Cradle; anytime anybody concerns themselves with Only a single Portion of our population, especially for private/monetary gain, they have done so by having begun begging for Discriminate Criticism!  Granted existing/return customers count as only a single portion of our human population, but somehow with business experience in mind, I'd managed to overlook this! 
:m_redfaced:

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 12:12 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 12:13 PM

The cold hard reality as simple as this:
They want to attract new customers. Maybe members who haven't bought anything yet, maybe also hoping word will spread around the Poserverse and new people will join just to take advantage of the offer.
Current members who have bought stuff already are just that. I'm sure they're "appreciated", but the likelihood that they will buy more without any sort of inventive to do so is pretty good.
If I were running this business, the last thing I'd want to do is have people get used to the idea that they get tremendous sale offers frequently, or anytime somehow not doing so seems "unfair". You don't want people getting too used to that sort of thing, because then they expect it more and more.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:08 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:19 PM

:m_think:

😄 Hey MikeJ!

:closedeyes: Thank you for that Cold Hard Reality!

:m_thumbd: Your Definition of "New" Lacks Existence of Business' Growth!

"I'm sure they're "appreciated", but the likelihood that they will buy more without any sort of inventive to do so is pretty good."

:biggrin: Previous Purchasers are better than any place to expect my Sales Team to Learn Business!

"If I were running this business, the last thing I'd want to do is have people get used to the idea that they get tremendous sale offers frequently, ..."

:wub: Happy Valentines, Mr. J!

"* *...or anytime somehow not doing so seems "unfair"."

😕 I did'nt get this part, would you please reiterate?

"You don't want people getting too used to that sort of thing, because then they expect it more and more."

:thumbupboth: The Feeling, you're Expecting, is "Revenue;" you never offer sales that will hurt you, financially, so it's business to have fun with Us time and again! 

:tt1: Just try and remember where it is you Are Coming From?

:m_confused2:

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:19 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:20 PM

Quote -
I did'nt get this part, would you care to reiterate?

Not really. I already wrote that, and upon re-reading, it seems perfectly clear to me.
I believe the word you were looking for is "elaborate", but I don't feel like doing that either.

Actually, I don't feel like replying to this any more at all, but I will say this much: People have their own views of what to expect from a business. Obviously you feel either slighted or cheated, and that's fine, but to be demanding somehow they owe you something just sounds whiny and silly. It's not the same thing as bitching about a feature you would like to see, or something "broken".
You're demanding they accommodate you for no good reason, and threatening to take your business elsewhere. I'm sure they'll live with that, though.
I don't agree with RO's whole marketing thing, but it is theirs to do with as they see fit.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:51 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:54 PM

:blushing:

"Not really. "*

*👍

" ...whiny and silly."**

These were original thoughts.  I had'nt thought of  demanding much more than Consensus; if this, particular, Sale never saw my Desk That'd be fine. 

What it is I am saying is that the next next Renderosity Newsletter I see run across my desk, away from it's first site of my Renderosity Receipts Register, is going to get chewed like spam, just for this one!

:m_cigar:
Mr. Swatsabugger

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:56 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:57 PM

Well, that's a start.
I have a better solution for you though:
Unsubscribe from the Newsletter, and if one makes it through, tag it as Spam in your email filter so it and any future ones get sent straight to a spam folder where it can be deleted without ever being seen.
Then, either buy anything you might want or need from DAZ, or make  it on your own. You generally get better quality that way anyway.
This is what I do, and it works. ;)

Giolon ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 1:31 AM · edited Mon, 11 February 2008 at 1:40 AM

Well look what I Just got in my mail from Rendo' for Valentine's Day:

For a limited time receive ** 14%** ** off** of all purchases of $14.00 or more!!

I guess they love me, but not as much as the new customers ;)

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 2:20 AM

I haven't gotten it yet. And I haven't seen many coupons from Rendo at all this year; I thought that, perhaps, they discontinued it. The last one came when I had no cash. My tex refund is burning a hole in my pocket, and I've been hoping for a coupon to show up.

-- Jeff

pearce ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:22 PM

"I don't agree with RO's whole marketing thing, but it is theirs to do with as they see fit."

ditto.

~M

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 10:35 PM · edited Mon, 11 February 2008 at 10:41 PM

:m_fit:

"ditto."*

Unless you consider the fact that Our currency is all They are-really after; in which case "Their" ends become should become "Our" means!  A scenerio I'm just not buying into, literally! 

I, for one, am not about competing with ill-gotten gains!  Renderosity should realize it's overstepped it's boundaries, by offering something to Any Portion of the public(Discrimination;) especially without Financial Reason to back their advertising campaign up!  Basically they are'nt anywhere between a Rock and a Hard place, by catagorizing any of their Pa$t Cu$tomer$ as second class, to anyone whom has ever yet to have offered a dime!  I could see the opposite true, rewards for return customers, just because it's money from/for money; but this current status quoe is just a great big hickup, to anything I'd hoped my money was Brokered for!

:sneaky:

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:49 AM

I really don't understand why you keep going on about this.

Renderosity is a business pure and simple. They care about their bottom line. If this site doesn't bring in money, the business fails.

Offering deep discounts and bonus offers to first time buyers is a well known marketing tool that all businesses use from your hydro company to your cable company to the car dealership down the street. 

A business depends on repeat customers, but they also depend on new customers. A company can't stay in business without increasing their customer  base. In order to increase that customer base they need to advertise, target a market, give them an offer and watch the money flow in.

In this case Renderosity is targeting those who have never bought from this site before. They made them a 35% discount off of everything in the store.

While you may not like it, it's good business sense on their part.

If you really want to get up in arms about something, there are far more important issues in the world to get on a soap box about: World hunger, war, poverty, slavery, child exploitation... take your pick.

TBH I think you are making way to big of a deal over a company doing what they can to stay afloat in a competitive industry.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:42 AM · edited Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:43 AM

🤤

I do'nt think the ethics, of the situation, are hitting home Acadia; money is a wonderful thing, but Discrimination costs us everything, so that bottom line your taking about is pretty...Low!

This is just a No, No!  Like Children being repremanded, for acting dissfunctionaly, do tend to lash out at things that are without of their grasp; i.e. World Hunger, War, Slavery, etc. , but listen to them, then, and everything would be a Relative Evil!

In the United States All People Are Equal; this is, especially, evident when it applies to money!  If a Purple Human Being walks into my shop and I sell Him/Her an Egg, for $1; but then a Polka-Dot Human Being walks into my shop and I tell Him/Her an Egg for $2, then I've commited the Felony of Discrimination(period)  It'll never matter what kind of Human you are...just that you still are one; else we would be slipping back to a certain time in history when days were'nt so bright.

So th answer to the statement:

"I really don't understand why you keep going on about this."

*is, Obviously!  Else you would at least recognize the problem, first, and then begin to help; from there!  And because Trolling is not allowed; so I should never expect someone to ever come into a thread of mine with that kind of attitude!  I posed this question for a reason, to see if there was an explanation I could stand by.  But just as $ is'nt an answer, neither is Mickey the Dunce's standpoint of  "I do'nt even know why...anything..." ever going to hold water!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 11:21 AM · edited Tue, 12 February 2008 at 11:25 AM

Quote - I do'nt think the ethics, of the situation, are hitting home Acadia;

There is no "ethics" involved here. it's about a business trying to recruit new customers in order to keep their business growing.

Quote - money is a wonderful thing, but Discrimination costs us everything, so that bottom line your taking about is pretty...Low!

Again, this is about a business using valid business marketing tools to attract new customers. There is no discrimination involved.

Quote - In the United States All People Are Equal; this is, especially, evident when it applies to money!

Oh? Tell that to the person on Welfare who wants to get a loan for a $5,000 car but can't because they don't have enough money, while his neighbour who makes $50,000 can get a car loan usually the same day.

There is no such thing as equality when it comes to money.

And once again, this issue is about Renderosity, a business, offering a discount to NEW customers so that their business can continue to grow and generate money.

It's a perfectly valid and well used business tactic used by thousands of companies every single day be it in the USA or Russia!

Sorry you are having a problem grasping that concept of business. Perhaps if you were in a position of actually running a business you would understand that concept more. A business can't exist unless it is constantly generating a new customer base. That's a hard cold fact of the business world.

*> *Quote - "I really don't understand why you keep going on about this."

*is, Obviously!  Else you would at least recognize the problem

It isn't me that isn't understanding this issue :)

Quote - Trolling is not allowed; so I should never expect someone to ever come into a thread of mine with that kind of attitude!

I posed this question for a reason, to see if there was an explanation I could stand by.  But just as $ is'nt an answer, neither is Mickey the Dunce's standpoint of  "I do'nt even know why...anything..." ever going to hold water!

It seems to me that you are the one trolling here....and passing out veiled insults.

You asked a question, it was answered .. several times. You even tried to play dumb and pretended to not understand MikeJ's reply to you. He was smart and bailed because he saw through your motive.

You aren't seeing the point because you don't want to see the point. So nothing anyone says to you is going to matter.

And on that note I'm done with this thread because IMHO it has ran it's course and all you are looking to do is rant..  So I'm done.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 12:24 PM

I concur , its a straightforward business choice to bring in new people.

Discrimination happens every day in the USA and I am sure elsewhere.  Everything from preffered customer with special offers , to incentives to change your ISP or cable provider or phone provider. If you have several credit cards already , its easy to get another one or two, dont have a credit card and they dont want to know you . 

If you have purchases you want to make but the discount offer is putting you off , then contact the store staff and ask if they will give you a similar discount . It might not do any good , but it won't hurt to ask .

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 1:28 PM

Many brick-and-mortar businesses offer similar offers to new customers.

For example...my favorite local pizza shop sends out $10 gift certificates in the local Chamber of Commerce's "welcome" package when people move here.  However, by the time I'd gotten it, I'd already ordered pizza a few times from them, and was unable to use the gift certificate, as the terms of the sale were explicit that the offer was only valid to NEW customers. 

Unfair?  Maybe.  Since, well, the coupon came about a month after I moved in.  However, it's the terms of the sale.  Those kinds of sales go on all the time around here, and I'll bet there are stores in your area that have similar offers.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 1:46 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2008 at 1:54 PM

:m_tired:

*" ...There is no such thing as equality when it comes to money."

and

" ...Discrimination happens every day in the USA and I am sure elsewhere."

'Nuff said! 

No more Trolls, please?

:m_heart:

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 1:54 PM

Posting a disagreeing viewpoint does not equate trolling.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:16 PM

:tongue2:

I'm not saying that there aren't Scapegoats, for Renderosity; I actually have named Comcast Cable/Internet, for my area.  What it i I'm saying(now) is just that "Scapegoats" actually are no real excuse, though; sorry.

Again, it's just a Fundamental-Function of Good Business that is being missed.  You're reaping the rewards, of loyal your patrons; and squandering that, on exactly what it is your loyal patrons are not!  This, in a long run, will surely turn around and bite your best business tactics.

Mind you I do'nt want this thread to get locked, rather than just be around for all to see, for some time.  I am sure Renderosity will suffer, if threads like this one go ignored.  And, then, there you have your punishment(without so much as an "I told you so..." from me)  So, I am not going to beat a dead horse here.  Allthough I will stay Subscribed to this thread, in order to gain more insight, from whomever else may reply; I will not be replying again!

:tongue1:

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 4:16 PM

Gotta have some perspective. Look at the other side. What if new members signed up just because they heard of this 35% off deal, only to come here and find out it wasn't any kind of special deal at all, because everyone else was getting it too?

Then we'd have threads from new wankers whining about how they'd been suckered into joining, thinking they were getting some Special Treatment, when the truth is, they're no more Special than any other idjit around here. 😉

If it were up to me, complainers would get an additional 35% tacked ONTO the price, just...for the hell of it. 🆒

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 7:13 PM

Quote - If it were up to me, complainers would get an additional 35% tacked ONTO the price, just...for the hell of it. 🆒

Suggest it to DAZ, they could make a fortune with that business method :biggrin:😉

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 8:38 PM

Angelouscuitry

You started this thread in this forum to complain about something you don't like and that is your opinion and your point of view BUT just by posting the original post you opened this topic up for others to come in and give their point of a view which is also THEIR right.  That is NOT trolling so please do not call names such as "trolls" to those that have their point of view on your point of view. 

Regardless of how you feel, you need to understand that other members have the right to disagree or explain how they feel about your point of view without being called trolls.

Regards,
Stacey
Community Manager

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 9:53 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2008 at 9:57 PM

All set...

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2008 at 5:56 PM

Stacey, are you ever going to find a picture of yourself you're happy with, for an avatar?
I bet you've got a whole lot of shoes too, don't you? 😉

BTW, while I'm thinking about it, happy Valentine's Day! 😄

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2008 at 7:44 PM

Well I got all my hair cut off so I took a new pic. I'm still learning to style it the way its meant to look so rest assured that once I get it right, then I'll have a new pic for you to see, heehee.  I just like to keep you guessing which avatar pic will show up when you see a post from me..

And YES I have a lot of shoes. BUT I did get rid of a bunch about a year ago. I actually counted just for the heck of it and I had 296 pairs..I'm down now to about 75 so thats not too bad is it?  :)

Thank you for "Happy Valentines", it will probably be the only one I get aside from my son:(  Poor Poor me   

:b_sad:

Happy Valentines to you Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 5:40 AM

i think your new ava makes you look like you had been sent to stand in the corner (something about putting ants in JenX's pants), and after your half hour in the corner, to reflect on your crime, you have just been told that you can come out and play again.........but that you must play nicely this time........

and this is the international face of mischief, that greeted your releaser, upon givin' you your pardon.

"......oh yeah!...i'll play nicely this time.....bwaa-ha...."

"i'll play reeeeel nice THIS TIME!!!........ah.hah....AHH!...ha-ha........hahahaha.....HAAAAAAAaaaaaaa!!"

(the bwa-hahah's gradually faded as you ran further down the corridors)

happy Valentines Stacey!!!
(see you were wrong again.....now you is a lucky you)

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:09 AM

wait....who's in my pants now?

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:35 AM

well after looking at this for some time now!!

i can't see that there is a way to answer that, without it sounding like, i'm asking whether or not you are wearing any at all, and then where is that conversation gonna go...eh? i will just look all smutty and stuff!!

so i will answer "green!!", and hope that it was a trick question!!

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:41 AM

LOL.  Actually, my pants are a nice pair of dark blue cord.  Not green. :tt2:

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 11:21 AM · edited Thu, 14 February 2008 at 11:21 AM

Quote - i can't see that there is a way to answer that, without it sounding like, i'm asking whether or not you are wearing any at all, and then where is that conversation gonna go...eh? i will just look all smutty and stuff!!

If we would all just admit to being nudists, there would be no need for  political correctness where pants are concerned,  LOL

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 12:11 PM

Man, it's TOOO COLD right now to be a nudist here :P

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 12:51 PM

It's -46 Celsius with the wind chill right now.  Tomorrow is supposed to be -48 Celsius.  That's -50 and -54 Fahrenheit respectively.  We are officially colder than Syberia! which is currently only -40 Celsius with the wind chill!

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 1:04 PM

Yeah...you're in Manitoba, right?  I knew there was a good reason I left, LOL.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 1:17 PM

Quote - Yeah...you're in Manitoba, right?  I knew there was a good reason I left, LOL.

:tongue1::tongue1:

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 1:34 PM

-50!!!! eeeeek!!!

even if you adjust the Y dial a bit, there is gonna be some noticable shriveling, if we hold the noodie volleyball championships 'round your way then!!

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 3:52 PM · edited Thu, 14 February 2008 at 3:55 PM

y'know - considering "pants" is normally used in the UK to refer to underwear, I just inhaled a mouthful of coffee. :)

Quote - wait....who's in my pants now?

:blink:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yeah...you're in Manitoba, right?  I knew there was a good reason I left, LOL.

:tongue1::tongue1:

hee hee...I know I say this too often, but, srsly, dude, I grew up in the DESERT.  Desert kid+cold place = NO GOOD.  :P

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:49 PM

Quote - y'know - considering "pants" is normally used in the UK to refer to underwear, I just inhaled a mouthful of coffee. :)

Quote - wait....who's in my pants now?

:blink:

Then this would be a bad time to mention that my nickname is Jenipants?.....and that my blog title (worpress, natch) is "Inside Jeni's Pants"?

ggl

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.