Tue, Oct 1, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Another Virus

FlyByNight ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:09 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:40 PM

Just went to read a comment posted on one of my recent images and was infected with Java/ByteVerify!exploit virus. Sheesh! What is going on here?

FlyByNight

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:18 PM

I just got a prompt asking me to install Java.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:20 PM

Just went in to the marketplace and looked st the 2D content page, norton throws a wobbly
VIRUS WARNING "TROJAN VIRANTIX.C"
SO YOU MAY WANT TO STAY OUT THE MARKETPLACE FOR A BIT

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:29 PM

This just happened to me also, except I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to install (Java) but was warned of potential threat by Norton.  I looked all over to try & let Renderosity know of this, but can find nowhere to notify them of such a thing.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:34 PM

I looked all over to try & let Renderosity know of this, but can find nowhere to notify them of such a thing.

easy method - PM an admin.

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:45 PM

Well I got it! It showed up as an ActiveX Install to run it - and I did, thinking nothing of it and found that my system went nuts and my computer shut down almost instantly!!!  When it restarted, my anti-virus could not come on, and it auto install a AntiVirus cleaner which is running in safe-mode now. My system has been thorough infected - I had better not lose any files! This is crazy!  I'm watching this go on while using my husbands computer.

I do ALOT of shopping here! I use the gallery here! But I cannot afford for this to be happening. I've had this discussion once about going elsewhere for the gallery and sticking with Daz3d for content... looks like - that may have to be. Because I don't see Rendo doing anything about it!

You would think they would put up an immediate frontpage warning to all that visit here! No such warning in sight! For the customers that come through here, I find that rather negligent that no warning has been put up. I think I just found a reason to make a major freeze on my content spending!

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:54 PM

Because I don't see Rendo doing anything about it!

if you check the Community Center you would see they are working on fixing the problem and have taken the member pages offline until they have done so. that's hardly them not doing anything is it?

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:57 PM
jeffg3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 3:57 PM

There seems to be a widespread attack on forums.

A large number of forums have been hit in the past few weeks.

Daidalos ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 5:06 PM

I will make a post in the staff forum and bring this thread to the staff attention.

"The Blood is the life!"

priss117 ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 5:33 PM

Yea I got that warning when looking in the marketplace. I'm sure their working on it.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 5:45 PM

I use the most recent version of Mozilla-Firefox and haven't noticed any problem with pop ups or virus/trojan warnings here.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 5:52 PM

Yup- It tried on my comp but I have Pointstone Mamutu installed- It caught it straight up and blocked it. :)

camtheman ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 7:24 PM

Haha, i got a few of those java things as well. you just have to know your computer and how it lets you know about real updates. I knew that update pop up was fake the first time it came up. I just hit the lil red "x" at the top of the pop up. I also checked my computer for viruses a min ago and found nothing. So im assuming that hitting the lil red "X" really does work in not pull in the trojan virus... just a thought.

camtheman ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 7:35 PM

Quote - Well I got it! It showed up as an ActiveX Install to run it - and I did, thinking nothing of it and found that my system went nuts and my computer shut down almost instantly!!!  When it restarted, my anti-virus could not come on, and it auto install a AntiVirus cleaner which is running in safe-mode now. My system has been thorough infected - I had better not lose any files! This is crazy!  I'm watching this go on while using my husbands computer.

I do ALOT of shopping here! I use the gallery here! But I cannot afford for this to be happening. I've had this discussion once about going elsewhere for the gallery and sticking with Daz3d for content... looks like - that may have to be. Because I don't see Rendo doing anything about it!

You would think they would put up an immediate frontpage warning to all that visit here! No such warning in sight! For the customers that come through here, I find that rather negligent that no warning has been put up. I think I just found a reason to make a major freeze on my content spending!

hmm, perhaps you shouldnt blame Rendo for you accepting that virus on your computer. They are doing what they can do fix it. It takes time, and by throwing out your frustration online is not going to help at all. Viruses pop around the internet like corn on the kettle, its a common thing for this to happen. So im surprised that you are shocked at this happening.
I'm not going to lie, i do feel bad that your files could be lost at any min, ive had that happen to me as well, but putting in negative content about the site that has been supporting your art work for the last some-years is probably not the way to go. I know for one thing that WoW gets problems with it many times and it is in a day that they finally realize whats going on and post a msg about it to gamers. It just takes time. Rendo is like an art community, and by that it works from its supporters, those who make accounts and browse here would be part of it. If something is goofing up with the site it is best that you let others know and even Rendo Masters as well if you really feel that they are clueless about what is going on. That way, instead of being a panicy frustrated browser cuasing more stress you could be assisting in getting this taken care of. Can you get that?...

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 9:19 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to pop in here and let you all know that our tech guys have been working pretty much round the clock since the first time this occured last week.  They were able to gain some very helpful information this time very quickly.

We have made some posts in the threads from the CC forum last week and today. We will keep you all updated.

Thank you

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 12:24 AM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 12:27 AM

Quote -
hmm, perhaps you shouldnt blame Rendo for you accepting that virus on your computer. They are doing what they can do fix it.

Excuse me, I say what I feel when I feel it!!!! As for the rest - my point of them doing nothing about it??? **WARN PEOPLE from page ONE!!!!

** That to me is doing something with CONSIDERATION to those that come here! Frontpage, at the top warning! And if you think I'm wrong for feeling angry and saying what I have - Lord please - let me count to ten before I get REAL nasty!!!

I spent 3 hours running a Anti-virus, scared to death while watching it as it was attached to several files and needed to be deleted, and that thankfully did find it all and clean it all up - leaving my computer intact! The stress from it alone gives me the RIGHT to VENT! They knew this was going on for over a week! People frequent this site and trusts it to take care of those trafficking here! I'm not stupid - I know it happens alot - but to be at a site that has as much traffic as this site does and not place an immediate warning in bold red at the top is being NEGLIGENT - you don't like my words and heat about the matter!? At this rate - I don't care - my point stands! You WARN! Very simply matter until the matter is resolved.

UGH!!!

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:06 AM

Quote -
Yup- It tried on my comp but I have Pointstone Mamutu installed- It caught it straight up and blocked it. :)

By the way - thank you for this - I've found it, downloaded it, installed it. Info comments like this I can appreciate!

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:06 AM

Quote - sorry to hear that MKeyes maybe this will help
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2008-050916-1055-99

Thank you too!!! I've found a remedy!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:15 AM

Quote - There seems to be a widespread attack on forums.

A large number of forums have been hit in the past few weeks.

There is also a couple of virii going around in email ("We have hijacked your baby" is one) with a trojan in the attachment (NEVER EVER open attachments from unknown sources, please, ever, never, ever).

Unfortunately, the scum-sucker, low-life, crapheads must be getting restless of late.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:23 AM

I do have to agree with MKeyes that a warning is not too much to ask for, and I'd go so far as to put such a warning on EVERY page a user might access.  Having this happen with the same java trojan two times in a few days, well, I hope the site admin team is learning from this experience and will be a little more proactive about alerting users to this kind of thing in the future.  While I'm pretty jaded and cynical - I would never ever ever run an installer prompted by any website's content - a lot of people trust Renderosity completely.  I imagine that trust has been harmed greatly over the past week.

Would it be so hard to put a warning banner at the top of any page, in this kind of event?  Not like it would have to replace the marketplace advertisements at the top of every page (nobody minds those after all), maybe a red link beneath the random market banners.

My Freebies

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:25 AM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:29 AM

Quote - > Quote -

hmm, perhaps you shouldnt blame Rendo for you accepting that virus on your computer. They are doing what they can do fix it.

Excuse me, I say what I feel when I feel it!!!! As for the rest - my point of them doing nothing about it??? **WARN PEOPLE from page ONE!!!!

** That to me is doing something with CONSIDERATION to those that come here! Frontpage, at the top warning! And if you think I'm wrong for feeling angry and saying what I have - Lord please - let me count to ten before I get REAL nasty!!!

I spent 3 hours running a Anti-virus, scared to death while watching it as it was attached to several files and needed to be deleted, and that thankfully did find it all and clean it all up - leaving my computer intact! The stress from it alone gives me the RIGHT to VENT! They knew this was going on for over a week! People frequent this site and trusts it to take care of those trafficking here! I'm not stupid - I know it happens alot - but to be at a site that has as much traffic as this site does and not place an immediate warning in bold red at the top is being NEGLIGENT - you don't like my words and heat about the matter!? At this rate - I don't care - my point stands! You WARN! Very simply matter until the matter is resolved.

UGH!!!

Allright, look.
Right now your frustrated because some virus is chopping up your computer, i get that. I also put in on my last post that i know what your going through becuase i've been through it before.
Now, i get what your saying about the quote on the front page, but again... it takes time to do that, no? Things dont just magically happen and rendo masters arent looking at the site every min of the day, correct? They also put in that they are doing something, so quoting out that they arent doing jack smack is infact incorrect.
All im saying is that instead of throwing out your frustration and blaming others for your aggrivation, simply send msgs around to people on here about it or even upload a pic or somethin, or even msg rendo masters yourself. I mean really, again... dont you think putting up negative things about the site that has been supporting your art work for some years is a little...mean?
I mean really, how is making your text bigger and red going to get the rendo masters to see it? or even just your first lil blurb of aggrivation? do you know how many blog titles are on the look up page? do you think they spend their time reading everyone's quotes?
I'm not trying to bag on you, im just giving you an idea. Msg the top dogs that run this place because your first attempt to make things work by getting frustrated.... DIDNT WORK!! so instead of going back to it... try something else... trying communicating outside the box!
And just over all... im not making you wrong, im just saying that it isnt working, okay? Making people wrong is not what im about, keeping things working... is. If you want to get something done then vent to rendo controlers... right? i mean, what is this going to do? venting on here.
Rendo goofs up once (in your book) and that's it? your going ot dump them? and spam that they cant keep control of their website...
You say that it gives you the "right" to vent. hmm.... justification from the outside. how about taking ownership of what you do? if your going to pop on here and throw out a shish ton of crap, then say "i am venting because i chose to" instead of "it's the viruses fault that im venting." the world doesnt make you do anything. you choose to do it your self, as have i chosen to come on here and write this stuff out. correct? i mean really... that virus was meant to screw up your computer... not to piss you off. it was you whom did the choosing to get pissed off. which can go for everyone else on here as well. them, (other people whom quoted here) supporting your justification that the world is trying to screw you over. nice. well... being whom i am, im taking a stand for your power and saying "get off it!" you seem like a very strong-headed person who is just caught up in the heat of the moment. that being your computer problems. but really, shall you ruin your day and life because some idiot put a virus on rendo? or shall you overcome it and find a way to fix it? your choice...  ;)

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 3:03 AM

Quote - I do have to agree with MKeyes that a warning is not too much to ask for, and I'd go so far as to put such a warning on EVERY page a user might access.  Having this happen with the same java trojan two times in a few days, well, I hope the site admin team is learning from this experience and will be a little more proactive about alerting users to this kind of thing in the future.  While I'm pretty jaded and cynical - I would never ever ever run an installer prompted by any website's content - a lot of people trust Renderosity completely.  I imagine that trust has been harmed greatly over the past week.

Would it be so hard to put a warning banner at the top of any page, in this kind of event?  Not like it would have to replace the marketplace advertisements at the top of every page (nobody minds those after all), maybe a red link beneath the random market banners.

Okay, got that...

so... your complaint is that the website doesnt have a little red mesege at the top of the screen on every link that says " hey! dont be here! because there's a virus!"

or at least any msg for that matter that is a warning... so... if it is not there... and the rendo controlers arent putting it there... but you want them to... like really badly... what do you think you should do? spam an angry note on one out of a thousand blogs? or msg them and say "hey perhaps you could put a msg up there ot let those just coming on know about the virus."

It is simply straight communication. If something is not working for you... an expectation not being met... then the workable thing is to let them know about it. Theyre not going ot know what your frustrated about if you dont say it to them or if you just spam it behind their backs. right?

i would bet that MKeyes got hit with the virus just as the rendo controlers found out about it. so then when she complains that they didnt do anything before hand, she's basically saying "you didnt foresee this and you didnt let me know." because truely, at that time it was non-existant to the rendo controlers when she got the virus... and if fate made it so that the only way the rendo masters would know about this virus was through MKeyes, then they would still be clueless about it because from what ive seen she hasnt done anything but cause more stress on the blog sheet. correct? 

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 3:18 AM

Quote -
Allright, look.

Honey listen, I get the psychology of this and why you're doing it. Good for you. Everyone has that something something that ticks their boxes to give them a high ride on the righteous commontary to defend. Good for you... nice to know I've given you purchase for a place to set your soapbox.

However, having a few websites of my own, where people frequent - a forum or two as well - it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to know what's going on at my websites! That's what you do when you have them, you check them, the reports and you listen to complaints that come in and investigate. A virus is a very serious matter - people are busy with a lot on their minds. It is very easy for someone to stumble in and not know about something that is my RESPONSIBILITY to know about and warn THEM ABOUT if I know it could cause them some type of cyber danger to their systems. Some people cannot afford to have their systems wrecked. If I find that there is something wrong - I send a newsletter out IMMEDIATELY - so they are aware. I warn what to look for - what not to do - so they are aware. That's my responsibility.

I expect no less from them here. The size of this place and the traffic does not matter - this is a business - and a serious one - they depend on people to come here and buy things! I for one love the place, but just because they do WHAT THEY ARE HERE TO DO - doesn't mean that their ass should be caressed when they drop the ball by not seeing to the safety of those who TRUST  -  RENDEROSITY!!!  As I always have.

{ I } - should not have to tell anyone JACK! That is NOT my responsibility! But theirs!!! Take responsibility for your business and structure it to TRY and protect those you depend on to grow it and keep it thriving. And as for your comment on THEY HOST MY IMAGES!!! You cannot possibly be so naive as to believe that they don't get something out of that? The gallery is the best promo tool for the merchants there is going ... they know that!

Renderosity has just as much responsibility to their customers as any REAL LIFE store that knows there is a threat to their clientele. Period ... enough said!

So I am going to leave my comment at that.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:00 AM

I'm not as upset as others by this and thankfully AVG picked this up straight away.
And it would have been nice (and easy) to have had a warning posted on all the Rendo pages.

I see it like this -
Renderosity is a community and a business.
When things like this happen, inevitably the bean counters hold sway and don't want the problem too widely advertised - not so good for business when people would scatter if they thought they could get infected.
Even worse when it happens on the money making pages.
If the problem occurred on the forums, they'd probably just take them off-line till it was fixed.
But on the MarketPlace pages, .... well that's a different matter.
It's all a matter of money and priorities.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:02 AM

I haven't had a problem with this "virus", which by the way isn't a virus. It's a way to exploit a window's vulnerability.

I've been doing some searching on the net and found this link which tells you a simple way to get rid of it.  The files sit in a cache folder, they don't invade your computer and affect other files.

http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=36725

So while I understand the concern, it's nothing to get your undies in a bunch over.  And please note, this is not directed to anyone in particular, it's just a general comment on this issue.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:33 AM

Quote - Things dont just magically happen and rendo masters arent looking at the site every min of the day, correct?

Considering the vast amount of money this site takes in, and the ENORMOUS number of credit card users, yes, Rendo site administration needs to be looking at the site every minute of every day.

My Freebies

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 6:09 AM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 6:17 AM

MKeyes

I'm interested in knowing what internet security you had running on your PC before it became infected, as I'm about to do a re-evaluation of mine adn like to know what works and what doesnt work so well.

camtheman, whilst I think you're being a little harsh in some of your response, many thanks for mentioning Mamutu; I'd not come across it before and am now trialling it

MKeyes ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 10:44 AM

I have Home Version of Avast - which works very well I might add. It's always had an immediate fix or block things that have tried to get through. Unfortunately, when this happened, I'd just started doing a render that was sucking a huge portion of resources from my computer, a 23 hour, 59 minute and 59 second render - Phew! I'd switched it off temporarily while rendering - had finished it and went directly to Renderosity for something, and then was prompted to run the ActiveX which I've done many times depending on the site I've been at.

Thinking nothing of it because I was at Rendo, I made the huge mistake of letting it run. Avast came BACK ON - on it's own immediately and shut my computer down. When it restarted, an alarm was going off that what I had was a Trojan - a Win32: something of the other and would do a scan in safe mode to remove it. It shut my computer down again and started the scan in safe mode. It took it over a couple hours to completely scan my system, but it found all traces of it removing it - thankfully - safely. I think it found like 20+ traces of it, because I had to click to say what I wanted to do with it.

Of course, freaking out and scared - as it went through it. HUGE lesson learned here! Needless to say, when the computer started back up, all was as it should be. Even so, I've downloaded and installed the Mamutu as well now. It's a trial for the time being, but I will be purchasing it in 30 days when it's over just as a companion to Avast!

Next time I'm rendering a monster image, I'll shut everything else down - BUT IT. Even though I did, it still responded. I don't like Norton Antivirus because it takes over everything! And McAFee was starting to do the same. As for Avast - I have no complaints at all - only praises!

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 12:59 PM

Your welcome MKeyes :)

If you watch http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ for a few months (check daily) it should come around again and you can get a free liscense for it (Mamutu).
Also watch for another program by the same company called Total Privacy 5
It's just like Mamutu but with more bells and whistles. I've seen both cycle through a few times  :)

Everyone should have an good anti-virus AND a malware program now-a-days.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:59 PM

Hi all,

Wanted to point you all to the thread link below so you can read over a posting made by JeniferC with some more details regarding this issue.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2748464

Thank you

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:11 PM

Hi all This is Traveler from RDNA,

We have been testing RDNA daily to make sure that the site is clean and free of the Web attack from last week. So far all of my scans have came up clear. If you are getting some sort of notification from your Virus or Spysweeper program, please... if you can, take a screen shot or write the info down, and email to me at: morphman@nycap.rr.com Also let me know what part of the site you were on.

If you have not cleared your web browser's cache since the attack, you should do so. You very well could have one of the effected pages stuck in the saved data, which would trigger the alerts all over again, even though the site is clean.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:19 PM

Traveler, I hope the Site Administration, has contacted the FBI to report this criminal activity.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:22 PM

I believe the attacking sites were in Russia. Not much the FBI can do I guess.

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:27 PM

Honey listen,

Okay MKeyes, got it.

It is true that this is like an outside buisness, and with that the owners, you'd think, would be keeping an eye on things. You said your expectations were not met. Perhaps you could let them know of this. I know for sure that the people at my job are like worms, they dont come to me straight about what they are expecting and if there is a problem with how i do my job. they wait until they have a nice little laundry list of crap on me and then they come up to the supervisor and let it all on them so that they can get me fired. But the thing is, what they are expressing to me is that they think im a bad ass worker, but behind the scenes its, "This guy sucks." So is it really fair that i should be fired when i never knew i wasnt meeting full expectations until that moment?
It could show on this by simply the fact that Rendo has indeed failed to meet many people's expectations with this virus buisness. I get that. Shit, if i got that virus i would be off the friggen walls. Because again, ive been through your situation before and lost all of my writing pieces and graphic pieces and music from itunes that i payed for ...over some hundred bucks of music... and if it was to happen again becuase of this website and i was never informed about it before, i'd be writing some serious notes. But not on here, you know?
I get your venting, shoot i did that on myspace for a few years. But then went through a curriculum for living and realized how i was being and the negative space i was creating for others. I also get, again that your a powerful person. Just in holding up some-odd number of websites and keeping a strong eye over them both. That is bad ass. But perhaps the Rendo controlers arent like that, as you've said as well. What do you think you could create from this? I realize you said it wasnt your job, but it also isnt my job to help someone getting beat up when i pass by. It is just an action taken by the chooser to do something. I mean from what ive read you seem to hold true to renderosity, with the trust and all. Perhaps you could help them create a more efficient way in working this website. I know for damn sure if i was a website controler and i got a msg from a person like yourself about the frustrations you've had to go through because of the situation on the web, and then you invite me into an idea that could help better the flow of the website... in this case the msgs on the site links... id be blown out of the friggen water. but if that doesnt work and the controlers dont go for it then bring up the buisness thing you just wrote out. You could better create the safey you are looking for and many others would appreciate it and thank you for doing so. So would I infact. It's just knowing how to use your shit, you know?

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:40 PM

Quote - Considering the vast amount of money this site takes in, and the ENORMOUS number of credit card users, yes, Rendo site administration needs to be looking at the site every minute of every day.

Then let them know that. Again, it is your feed back that counts.
And this is also like a community, if you know someone who knows something about viruses then let the Rendo controlers know about him/her so that they could get in contact and get this thing working again, for your safety with files and art pieces. Could you imagine how fast this problem could be fixed if everyone on this website was to give even the slightest amount of help? Either through contacts or even msging others. Have you heard of chain mail?
Right now it seems as though your playing like a ninja or something. You know there is a problem, but your not willing to put out the effort in letting people you know, know about whats happening. If you got hit with a virus on here, well that sucks, but how about letting other's you know , know about it so that they dont end up in the same boat? It seems as though you are wanting your butt wiped for this problem. Fine, w/e, but let them know that. be like "hey, i thought you guys would have full control over this situation, and that i wouldnt have to worry about anything going wrong." Simple as that. But instead you've chosen to pop on here and support MKeyes justification on getting pissed of and throwing it out on this chat line. There's nothing wrong with that, it just is. But if your going ot complain about it then you may want to consider jumping up to the plate and trying this on... msg Rendo controlers that you do not feel safe through this website anymore. And then perhaps they may cut you a deal you'd be glad on having. Can you get that?

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:46 PM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 2:48 PM

I appologise if i am coming off harsh, as some have stated. I just get a little fueled up by chat lines like these. Ive said before that i play this game WoW, which has a world chat line and i run into people who toss out immature dialog all the time. Not that what you write out is immature, just that it has the same effect. And ive come to figure that being straight is the thing that makes it work best.
So if you feel offended about what it is that i write out, then let me know. KK?

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 3:32 PM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 3:34 PM

Quote - Right now it seems as though your playing like a ninja or something.  ... Can you get that?

What prompted this kind of response?  I didn't even address anything at you directly at all.  Site admin staff is obviously reading this thread, StaceyG has responded here multiple times.  EASE UP.  It's great to be loyal to the site, but you're taking it pretty far.

edit: some small advice for you.  Don't talk to people using WOW as your standard of behavior.  Imagine I'm standing right next to you, in person.  Would you talk to a stranger's face like this?

My Freebies

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:44 PM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:46 PM

Quote - I believe the attacking sites were in Russia. Not much the FBI can do I guess.

They can do plenty... You'll be surprised how often the FBI goes to Russia and Europe to cooperate with Interpol to capture these scums... Oh yeah... If these scums are Russians, and they get caught... Well, let's just say, American justice is a luxury hotel palaces compared to the Russians.

And I do hope the scums get caught by the Russian police. There's no such thing as police brutality over there.

:b_tonguewink:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:47 PM

Yes, I have been keeping up with this thread and I really hope that everyone just takes a deep breath and tries to treat each other with respect regardless of your thoughts on everything.
Its okay to have your opinion or thoughts but we need to be respectful of each others opinions and thoughts as well:)

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 4:59 PM

tomatoes...pitchforks....torches....Get 'Em 'Ere... Bulk Prices! discounts for the Elderly (90+, Must have note verifying age from both parents)... Pitchforks.....

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 6:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - Right now it seems as though your playing like a ninja or something.  ... Can you get that?

What prompted this kind of response?  I didn't even address anything at you directly at all.  Site admin staff is obviously reading this thread, StaceyG has responded here multiple times.  EASE UP.  It's great to be loyal to the site, but you're taking it pretty far.

edit: some small advice for you.  Don't talk to people using WOW as your standard of behavior.  Imagine I'm standing right next to you, in person.  Would you talk to a stranger's face like this?

Right,

I invite you to do something, okay? Go back... and read what it is that i wrote in the view that we're friends... okay?
Because there is some sort of mix up here. So please, go back and read what i wrote and think about where it is that i'm coming from and you may see my point of view for this situation.

Do you agree that going to the problem and confronting it is much more workable than writing angry notes on a chat line? 
Do you agree that you havent done much to help solve the situation aside from getting angry at me, the virus and Rendo?
Do you agree that you may be reading what it is that im typing in a different way then im actually trying to get across?
This doesnt just hit you, it hits MKeyes as well.

And then also, just to finish this up... cuz this is getting redundant. "what promted this response?" is there something i said that offended you?
because again, like a wrote in my last msg, im not trying ot come off as mean and i did appologise if i was. so if there was something that struck a nerv... pls let me know. Im not on here to make enemies...

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:11 PM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:17 PM

Um Thunderstone, given Georgia, and now the Poland Deal.

Russia isn't going to help the FBI do jack right now.

That said though, I wonder if this is the "cyber war" Russia threatened over the Poland deal.

Just so you all don't think I'm nuts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/may/17/topstories3.russia

http://www.crime-research.org/articles/Conrad07/

http://www.circleid.com/posts/russian_cyber_attack_on_georgia/

"The Blood is the life!"

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:16 PM · edited Thu, 28 August 2008 at 7:17 PM

re: camtheman
Yes, there are a few things that offended me.  I don't know you, you don't know me, and I expect most people would be a bit nonplused if you spoke to them in person the way you were addressing me.  I was in fact one of the first people to report this problem, both times, I actually provided some very specific information about this specific hack and I've suggested a couple of different things to avoid problems like this in the future. 

Do you agree that you haven't done much to help solve the situation aside from writing angry notes on a chat line, getting angry or whatever?  You are making assumptions that are wrong, and presumptions that you're not entitled to.  EASE UP.

My Freebies

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:04 PM

Quote - re: camtheman
Yes, there are a few things that offended me.  I don't know you, you don't know me, and I expect most people would be a bit nonplused if you spoke to them in person the way you were addressing me.  I was in fact one of the first people to report this problem, both times, I actually provided some very specific information about this specific hack and I've suggested a couple of different things to avoid problems like this in the future. 

Do you agree that you haven't done much to help solve the situation aside from writing angry notes on a chat line, getting angry or whatever?  You are making assumptions that are wrong, and presumptions that you're not entitled to.  EASE UP.

Awesome,

i appologise for assuming you hadnt done anything about it. As for myself. I'm not so angry as you may think. Infact this virus hasnt even effected me because i dealt with it accordingly before it took effect. So for myself im not so frustrated as you may think. And yes i do agree that i havent done anything about it. But that is not my complaint. My complaint isnt that there's nothing being done about the virus, right? It's that people complain on here and they dont lift a finger to complete it. For myself, i am taking action. As i have just stated my complaint, so you know what it is and you know that i am acting on it in a non-compulsed way. Which is coming on here and suggesting a more workable way of dealing with this problem, right? I didnt come on here calling anyone names or dissing on their life or putting them down in dirrect text. All those views were simply the reactions of those i confronted. 
That is cool how you took the initiative in doing something about it. I grats you for that because not many people would do anything except complain on a chat line like so. It is not wrong that people havent done this, it's just that by not confronting the issue one is simply not getting anywhere. Which is what im trying to show you. BUT, i know now that you allready know what it is that im talking about. Which is something i hadnt known until you wrote out this little text blurb. So perhaps we could work something out... it is true that i havent met you until this chat line. And i'd hate to think that this is the ending of our meeting, hatred, because this is not what ive been trying to create. Is it cool that we meet eye to eye?

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:17 PM

file_412942.jpg

Group hug, yadda yadda, obligatory cat picture.

My Freebies

camtheman ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:21 PM

[Peace]
Real

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 8:45 PM

man wish someone would make a slee stack been looking all over for that figure lol

I got this virus too it locked up my system not allowing me to access my programs but clever me I went through the trash bin to access my system, and then I had to go online and find out how to get my desk top,start menu and control panles working again, it all started with a java update that installed itself without asking permission it called it self quick update, after 2 days of tinkering with different virus and script cleaners i was finally able to remove most of the problem, however my clock on my toll bar still says VIRUS ALERT! and I have not been able to get my programs to display in my star menu yet.

camtheman ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 1:23 AM

Quote - man wish someone would make a slee stack been looking all over for that figure lol

I got this virus too it locked up my system not allowing me to access my programs but clever me I went through the trash bin to access my system, and then I had to go online and find out how to get my desk top,start menu and control panles working again, it all started with a java update that installed itself without asking permission it called it self quick update, after 2 days of tinkering with different virus and script cleaners i was finally able to remove most of the problem, however my clock on my toll bar still says VIRUS ALERT! and I have not been able to get my programs to display in my star menu yet.

When i had this sort of problem, i hacked into my computer from my dad's system and pulled off copies of the files i wanted to keep then i wiped it and re-installed everything. Infact! at that time i only had the admin accoutn on my computer. So when i did that it was literally on my dad's other computer. But now that i dealth with that, i made a second account, a back up account that actually doesnt get infected unless you access the shared folders. So by that i command promted the file ziping of the pieces i wanted ot keep and them emailed ot myself and did the wipe. I had it happen three times. It was the third time when i found out that interent still works on the second account. So i popped up on there and then uploaded programs that held of the virus until i could find away to clear everything up. So yeah. just got ot know your system and how it works with other accounts and computers.

Zanzo ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 3:54 AM

don't use internet explorer.

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2008 at 6:16 AM · edited Fri, 29 August 2008 at 6:18 AM

.. or if you must use IE, disable ActiveX

Personally, I prefer those browsers that comply with the Internet standards. in other words most alternatives to Internet Explorer - Firefox, Opera to name but 2.

And to reiterate, the 'virus' that started this thread is easy to remove as described above,a nd does not require draconian measures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.