Fri, Oct 4, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: replace body part with prop, do goals have to be redone?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:11 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 2:28 PM

I swapped Simon's left foot with a boot using the replace body part command.  Now, when I move his foot, the toes stay. (looks like he stepped in gum.)

When I look at the goals for his right foot, the goal is the foot, not the toes.

And there is a bunch of toes parts, if it is a goal issue, which toe?

or, do I need to divide the boot into a foot and toe group and then swap the toe with the boot toe?

Poser gave me a message about turning off bends to make the new 'foot' act properly, but when I turn bends off, the boot doesn't bend when I bend the foot, the upper part of the boot comes off his shin.

it's not actually a boot, I sized James's grey sock to Simon.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:57 PM

If you replace two adjacent body parts with props they will become unwelded at the seam.

The way I would do this would be by editing the geometry declaration in the CR2 file.

In place of:-

actor rFoot:1
{
storageOffset 0 0 0
geomHandlerGeom 13 rFoot
}

You put:-

actor rFoot:1
storeageOffset 0 0 0
objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Your Directory:Your File.obj
}

Then just set the original toe invisible.

Other methods are available, parenting, conforming but if it were me I'd try this.... "just because" :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:07 PM

I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 8:43 AM

file_432370.jpg

This is what the gooey toe looks like.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.