Mon, Sep 9, 11:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 06 5:43 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: install wont accept seriel number

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 9:13 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Hi I got poser 11 in the Halloween contest. I have reached out to everyone I even sent a email to carolyn@renderosity.com and never got a reply back I have done everything i know trying to get this resolved. and this is my last ditch effort before i loose my cool

I have been trying to access the Poser download manager. But i keep getting this error and i have no idea why I am getting it , According to Jennblake the serial number is good or vaild. But from the error message I am getting "No Download for that serial number" & Then when I click ok to close the errro another pop up comes up that says "Schannel: next intializeSecuityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was un able to check revocation for certicate."

This has been come very frustrating I feel like i was giving a product for a prize that is not valid.
I have tried many ways to get around his error. I have even tried turning off my Anti virus and trying reinstalling the installer . & STILL getting this same $%&# error messages.
So is there away to fix this or is this just a fake serial number prize and there is no poser software for this serial number like it says even though Jenn Blake says its valid.. frankly what I am starting to believe is that is not. when I reached out to SM they told me to contact rendo where i purchased the product this is madding. So do Anyone have ideas on how to fix this error message or could really be a fake number that I was given as I believe it is.? I have included screen shots My account showing the product that was given me Capture.JPG

The first error I get when I put in my serial number

1.jpg

The second error i get when I click ok on the first error message

error 2.jpg

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 9:38 AM

You may have to contact Smith micro and see if they can resolve the issue for you. Do you have another poser version installed?

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

ย 

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 9:47 AM

I have contacted SM and they told me to contact the rendo where the product was purchased. which I have & no, I have no other SM product installed

donnena ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 1:21 PM

I'm sorry for your troubles, and I'll try to help!
The issue is (according to the error messages) that this copy of Poser has already been installed the number of times allowed by SM's Download manager. Licensing isn't part of what Renderoisty is supposed to be taking care of, but rather than bounce you back to Smith Micro, I'm going to see if I can get you some help. Please be patient, it's Friday afternoon, and the folks who can help aren't volunteers and don't work weekends!

;>

Andy!

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 2:59 PM

Thank you for the help I got these error messages right from day one I received the download and license code. i have not been able to download poser or access the download manager at all so i have no idea why the limit on installs have been reached. that is kind of confusing

PrestonW ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 4:18 PM

Have you tried downloading the manager from smith micro's site to see if that helps?

https://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 5:42 PM

Hi Preston yes that was one of the first things i tried

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 10:07 AM

well its been a week since my last post and i am still no farther ahead in getting poser installed. I spent the $230 I had left over from my Christmas club money & was saving to buy and upgrade my poser content on new daz. content instead at daz3d . it could be freaking years before i get this resolved . heck it took me a month in a half just to get it. So I am guess you guys don't have any clue & didn't have any better luck than I did from Smithmicro getting this resolved... well it was a great idea for a prize too dam bad i can't get to use it.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 12:20 PM

That error is due to Permissions... If you are at work or behind a managed firewall, you can encounter that error.

You will need to contact the IT Staff managing the firewall.

If it is not a managed Firewall, contact support at

support.smithmicro.com

They will need some details you do not want in the forums.

ratscloset
aka John

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 1:02 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 January 2019 at 1:06 PM

Hi ratscloset
you did not read my whole post did you? I had turned off my AV and tried installing poser and still got the error. i have no other firewalls does renderosity? if they do they they need to tell me and correct it.

I had contacted Smithmicro already they told me that the serial number issued is not valid and i need to contact rendrosity . and rederosity says it is valid I need to contact smithmicro. who is right?

I had tried to get the download manager to work 15 ways to sunday. the error i am I getting imply the license code is no good its clearly states in the first error " no license available for that number" as the error does not say shut off your firewall. even though i had tried that.

This was a gift from renderosity for winning 2nd place in one of their contest. and this license never worked right from day one. I was told to contact, carolyn@renderosity.com which I did once and never got a reply I don't chase down people that I was told to contact and i have and never heard back from. . sorry I'm not PC that way . that just frustrates the crap out of me

But in making this post i would have though at least other user would have had this error message and would have a fix which is giving me the feeling that my hunch is right and this license is no good.

I have tried your salutations many times before . . time for something that works.

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 2:10 PM

Hi.

I contacted the SM team..it took a little while to hear back..BUT today they said if you can email me the full serial/registration number to jennblake@renderosity.com they will do a reset for you and take off the previously installations so you can use it again. ๐Ÿ˜„

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 2:17 PM

you want to see something funny.. I have account at smithmicro.. but todaywhen i tried to contact them again for the 3rd time their site say I don't have account. I am sure glad i didn;t buy this software or I'd be really pissed 2.jpg3.JPG

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 2:30 PM

I know this sounds a little backwards, but try setting up a NEW account so that you can send a support ticket and once you start talking with them I am sure they can figure it out for you. Try that?

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 3:01 PM

poisinivy posted at 2:54PM Thu, 10 January 2019 - #4343413

Hi ratscloset
you did not read my whole post did you? I had turned off my AV and tried installing poser and still got the error. i have no other firewalls does renderosity? if they do they they need to tell me and correct it.

I had contacted Smithmicro already they told me that the serial number issued is not valid and i need to contact rendrosity . and rederosity says it is valid I need to contact smithmicro. who is right?

I had tried to get the download manager to work 15 ways to sunday. the error i am I getting imply the license code is no good its clearly states in the first error " no license available for that number" as the error does not say shut off your firewall. even though i had tried that.

This was a gift from renderosity for winning 2nd place in one of their contest. and this license never worked right from day one. I was told to contact, carolyn@renderosity.com which I did once and never got a reply I don't chase down people that I was told to contact and i have and never heard back from. . sorry I'm not PC that way . that just frustrates the crap out of me

But in making this post i would have though at least other user would have had this error message and would have a fix which is giving me the feeling that my hunch is right and this license is no good.

I have tried your salutations many times before . . time for something that works.

It is not AV or Firewall specific (that is why it is unique to Managed Firewalls) It is specifically permissions. This can be a setting for your Firewall, but more likely Security, Privacy Software. The error indicates the proper data was not transmitted. It has nothing to do with Activation, so other than to make sure it is a valid key, the key is not a factor. Again, this message is from Download Manager on your local system. It is not getting the proper data. In all previous cases, it has been due to permissions.

Some users not behind a managed firewall have resolved the issue by creating a new User Account on their system with Admin Rights called Test. This can bypass the impacting permissions, but may not if the permissions are System level and not User Level.

That is why I recommended you contact Support directly so they can get the specific details needed to assist you.

ratscloset
aka John

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 3:49 PM

They are asking you contact: cs@smithmicro.com

they will help you. ๐Ÿ˜„

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 4:24 PM

I have would you like copy of the emails?

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 4:37 PM

I know you are frustrated..and I cannot help that. I am sorry. BUT I did contact them on your behalf, they gave me that email to give to you, then asked me for your email and they will be on the lookout for your communication to them. This is the only way I can help you at this point. If you are too frustrated to contact them, I do understand. But this is the only way i have to help at this point. If you do not want to contact them, simply let me know and I will tell them you have decided against contacting them. I really hope you will try once more.

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2019 at 2:14 PM

Thank you I finely have someone to from SM helping me work through these errors messages.

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2019 at 2:15 PM

Great news. ๐Ÿ˜„

poisinivy ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2019 at 8:39 PM ยท edited Wed, 16 January 2019 at 8:40 PM

I just wanted to come back and thank everyone that help me get my poser up and running After about a week of hunting down Security protocol settings SM tech support was able to help me get poser 11 installed and running this is my first ever poser 11 render in Superfly using Blackhearted GND4 for alyson2 Thanks again everyone I really appreciate it

Anstasia.jpg

jennblake ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2019 at 9:48 AM

Great image!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ SO happy you are up and running! ๐Ÿ‘

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2019 at 9:56 AM ยท edited Thu, 17 January 2019 at 9:56 AM

We are so glad to know that you got this resolved!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.