Mon, Sep 16, 10:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 12:26 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 10:51 AM
Site Admin

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:26 PM

does this mean those of us that use Poser 11, or back, standard edition, not Pro, will have to BUY the pro version? will the standard version even be supported going forward?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomokatu ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:57 PM

I ALREADY have Poser 11 and PPro(2014) installed. I looked at the offer of Poser 11.2 but did not see a quoted price.

1. What will it cost?
  2. Will the upgrade accept my existing serial nos from the Smith Micro installations or will the installer require that I purchase a new Poser 11 (& PPro (2014)? I still have an active installation of Poser 7,
  3. Will I still be able to use this if I don't use the installer and buy a new Poser 11?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:56 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:58 PM

Hi

I have the same questions, for a rollout they are pretty vauge. I don't really know where, when, or what I need to have.

I read the part about changing my serial number etc, but why not handle the change through the normal updater?

I'm not sure what's going on here, I haven't been active on the forums for a while and didn't know that Poser was going to some other company until I got the email.

So, anyway where, and when am I suppose to get this update, I'm at ll.1.1.somethiing that I think is the latest version. I also have Poser Pro 2014.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

samsiahaija ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:25 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:28 AM

I am now heavily assuming stuff, based upon things implied in the email I received.

1 - Happy, happy, joy, joy, a trainload of new content included in Poser Pro 11.2

2 - The pending problem: Smith Micro stops their online licensing system, that had Poser phone home on a regular base to keep it running. Without this, Poser Pro 14, Poser Game Dev, Poser 11 Standard and Poser 11 Pro will no longer function. At all. (I wonder if Poser Debut 10 is also affected, as it has the same installer.)

3 - The solution to the problem: one free update that serves all.

It is heavily implied that we all get a free update to Poser 11.2 Pro. Also those on P14 Pro, P14 Game Dev or P11 Standard. One that we are being told we MUST download and install. As it would be not very nice leaving us without a working version of Poser. (It is probably quicker and cheaper then creating new patches and installers for all the affected versions of Poser) But it will mean waving goodbye to Poser 14 Pro, Game Dev, P11 Regular, etc, as they are all phased out. Unlike earlier versions of Poser, they will stop functioning, due to the Smith Micro licensing system. (So blame Smith Micro, not Renderosity. If these assumptions are correct, they're really rather generous.) To soften the blow, we will have new content to play with.

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:11 AM

The free update is only for Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 owners.

I am wondering about PoserPro 2014 too - it didn't need activation, only PP2014 GameDev started that. As far as I know ... but I AM worried. I wrote a ticket asking the new support, but some weeks later still didn't get an answer (which does not make be positive about the whole move). PLEASE?

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 7:07 AM

@ Kerya. The update is for PP2014 GD, P11 and P11Pro. Those versions of Poser use the SM license server which will stop working for those particular programs only. That means that if you have one of the three versions I've listed, your software will crap out when the SM license servers stop listening to Poser requests for authorization. Other SM programs will continue to function with the SM license server as they always have.

The version of Poser you use has always been tied to the SN. The same download that gave you standard also gave you Pro. It just required the correct SN to unlock the extra features. Bondware's new license server will simply stop issuing dumbed down serial numbers. All Poser features will unlock with your new upgraded sn. That is what all versions moving to pro is all about. Everything is in your Poser. It just may not have been unlocked before due to the serial number being a non-pro number.

Only Poser users from Game Dev onward need worry about this. PP2014 without the GD upgrade will work as normal. Versions previous did not require a "call home" then and will not require one now. Patches and tech support for PP2014 and lower will stop. There will only be a single version of Poser from now on. You've had everything all along anyway. It was only your serial number that artificially made more than one product.

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 7:25 AM

Thanks for answering! I do like my PP2014 (NO Game Dev). There were no patches for PP2014 anyway since Poser 11 came out (and that is ok).

New question: if I decide to upgrade somewhen (next year or so) in the future, will Bondware recognize my "old" SmithMicro serial?

wfbp1w ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 8:26 AM

As long Poser 11.2 doesn’t support Genesis 2 without fiddling around to get Gen. 2 to work I will keep Poser pro 2014.

OldCode ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:08 PM

I hope my version of PP2014 keeps working too. I use Poser a lot with Lighwave. The PoserFusion extension does not work well with Poser 11 Pro, and would probably be even worse in Lightwave 2018/2019. Being able to bring my Poser scenes into Lightswave is the heart of my workflow and I don't know what I'll do without it. The FBX exporter from PP11 does not work very well.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:56 PM
Online Now!

I personally think the link above is pretty clear.

'Poser Pro 11.2 is a "bridge" release. It does not contain epic new features, but rather bridges differences between the old Smith Micro version and the new Bondware version of Poser. This means things like license management, software distribution methods, branding, asset store search and so on, have been updated.

But the main reason for the update is the depreciation of Smith Micro's licensing system and implementation of Bondware's licensing management for versions above Poser 10 (Poser 2014 Game Dev, Poser 11, and Poser Pro 11).

If you do not update, your Poser may not work if you have a version above Poser 10 because the licensing system will not be able to complete the over-the-internet check needed to confirm your license key.

If you want your Poser to continue to work properly, you must update.'

The above indicated versions were applying SM's 'phone home' licensing system which will now not work due to SM no longer owning Poser. Bondware is providing a free update to be compatible. It's a bridge release to fix the SM server to Bondware server issue that the above indicated versions faced. Bondware is, I personally think,. pretty clear that those owning the versions described should update because the previous owner's licensing system will no longer function and they'd like us to keep using Poser and they're giving us some nifty new content to sweeten the pot the inconvenience of uninstalling and re-installing means both in time and work on our side.

For what it's worth, I find this reassuring for the future of Poser and for my own desire to continue to use the software. I am not a content provider, a Python guru, or a software expert. I am an user, who tinkers with digital art and has some little disposable income to spend on her toy she uses almost every day. Your mileage, of course, may vary. But I'd like to express my gratitude here for those who worked behind the scenes or published communication to us, end users. Thank you.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:03 PM

i'll second that, Rhia. i'll bet there has been heaps of hours & work put in to this whole thing that we don't even know about. so yes - many thanks to Bondware, admins, beta testers, early adopters, etc. that have all come together as a community to give us something of this magnitude in what really has been such a short amount of time.

tho' a ways off, i'm guessing, if this kind of thing is indicative of what may come for say a P12, well, i'm just exceptionally chuffed for EVERYONE!

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:27 PM

I still don't quite understand this. I have working installed copies of 10, 12, 14P and 11P which I still use. Are they saying that my older versions of Poser will not work anymore?

GuernseyMan ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:02 PM

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:04 PM

GuernseyMan posted at 2:03PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362441

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

Thanks.

OldCode ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:41 PM

PilotHigh posted at 4:41PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362443

Thanks.

Yes, thank you! :D

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:02 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:02 PM

Nova era adest.

Downloading now.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:52 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:56 AM

I've been out of circulation due to losing hard drives, so I'm behind the curve. It's not if I'll update/upgrade -I definitely will- it's a question of how to go about doing so.

I have four workstations. Each has PPro2014GameDev. All of them have been running P11Pro on a beta license. I have five PPro2014GD licenses, two purchased P11Pro license (never installed), and the P11Pro beta license.

So, what do I need, to update/upgrade my four workstations to P11Pro 11.2? Obviously, I'll need to buy at least one upgrade for a PPro2014 Game Dev license. I see where/how to buy an upgrade. How do I handle the existing P11Pro licenses?

On a relatively trivial note, if there is no way to keep my PPro2014 Game Dev installs functional, that prevents me from doing P10 compatibility testing. Not hugely important, but a minor irk. What's the verdict on PPro2014 Game Dev?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:32 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 2:29PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362571

I've been out of circulation due to losing hard drives, so I'm behind the curve. It's not if I'll update/upgrade -I definitely will- it's a question of how to go about doing so.

I have four workstations. Each has PPro2014GameDev. All of them have been running P11Pro on a beta license. I have five PPro2014GD licenses, two purchased P11Pro license (never installed), and the P11Pro beta license.

So, what do I need, to update/upgrade my four workstations to P11Pro 11.2? Obviously, I'll need to buy at least one upgrade for a PPro2014 Game Dev license. I see where/how to buy an upgrade. How do I handle the existing P11Pro licenses?

On a relatively trivial note, if there is no way to keep my PPro2014 Game Dev installs functional, that prevents me from doing P10 compatibility testing. Not hugely important, but a minor irk. What's the verdict on PPro2014 Game Dev?

PPro2014 GD needs to update to P11.2, Same for all P11 versions. Updates are free, Your SM serial numbers will work. Your beta serials will not work. If you can downgrade 2014 one of them to non Gamedev (if still have those installers) you will be able to use PPro 2014. The earlier 2014 poses do not use the licensing server.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:51 AM

Thank you for the information, Wim!

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:41 AM

I've been running Poser in Ubuntu linux successfully since Poser 7 (if I remember correctly). I was going to skip Poser 11 entirely in favour of my PoserPro2014 but then this ownership thing from SM to Bondware happened. I upgraded to P11Pro and downloaded the 11.2 version. I'm happy to report that it installed without a hitch and seems to run (as far as I tested and fiddled some basic things) just fine. I had to upgrade Wine from version 3 to version 4 (still a stable release and even available to my old Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installation) for P11.2 to actually run but other than that I had to do absolutely nothing for it to work.

Just a FYI report for anyone that might be interested/curious about linux compatibility with Wine.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:59 AM

So does this mean going forward there won't be a perpetual activation requirement like the SM license system required?

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:14 PM

appears servers at posersoftware.com are overloaded. just get the circle of nothing loading wheel.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:27 PM

Hi

Well it upgraded to Poser Pro and I finally got it to use the Runtim in the Poser directory.

Be careful installing the optional content, a lot of it just takes you to a page to buy things in Poser not actual content, I think I'm going to start over and be more selective from the start.

I would have preferred to leave the old install but it forced me to uninstall it in order to go ahead even though I was installing to a new directory.

It wants to put your Runtime in your Users folder on C: no matter what you do.

So I have some work to do before I can open my old files in it.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:32 PM

MikeMoss posted at 2:31PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362697

Well that's not going to work for me, that's for sure. Hmmmmmm, it's definitely going to be interesting.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:42 PM

I would have preferred to leave the old install but it forced me to uninstall it in order to go ahead even though I was installing to a new directory.

If Poser 11 detects a previous version installed it will prompt you to uninstall it. It has always worked this way.

During setup, you will encounter a number of screens. This screen asks you where you want to install the new Poser installation. By default it should install to c:Program Files| Poser SoftwarePoser 11

2019-09-19_14-14-59.png

The components screen checks the Application Support Files automatically. These support files install the Poser reference manual, the face room files, and other support files (I can't remember if Kinect Capture files are also included in this, or in the main installer).

2019-09-19_14-19-55.png

The screen shown below is the one you will be most interested in. This is where you specify the folder into which the Runtime folders will be installed. For this, choose the radio button under "Other Location."

2019-09-19_14-20-06.png

For example, I usually just select my D drive. The installer automatically appends a folder named "Poser 11 Content" to whatever location you select, and then the Runtime folders are installed beneath that.

2019-09-19_14-20-20.png

If you want to choose a location where your Poser content is already installed, select the folder DIRECTLY above the folder named RUNTIME. For example, if you have your content installed in D:/My Poser Content/ Runtime .... choose the My Poser Content folder.

After you choose your folder, go back to the Select Custom Content Location screen. Make note that Poser will automatically add the "Poser 11 Content" folder to whatever you select. So if you do want to overwrite files in your previous location you will have to backspace to remove the "Poser 11 Content" text in the file path.

2019-09-19_14-20-27.png

The other alternative is to install the new Poser content into a different runtime, and then add your old runtime in as an external library.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:43 PM

(oops my apologies, I forgot that my screen caps would be in hi res LOL ... sorry they are so big)

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:23 PM

Kerya posted at 4:20PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362372

The free update is only for Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 owners.

I am wondering about PoserPro 2014 too - it didn't need activation, only PP2014 GameDev started that. As far as I know ... but I AM worried. I wrote a ticket asking the new support, but some weeks later still didn't get an answer (which does not make be positive about the whole move). PLEASE?

IS there a free upgrade for owners of Poser Pro 11.1.x whatever? I do have this version. Am I still supposed to pay $99 to get to version 11.2? (I do NOT care about the extra content. I've got too much content already.)

Also, I do have Poser Pro 2014, which, I guess, is Poser 10. I did not get the Game Development feature. So, from what I'm reading, it sounds like Poser Pro 2014 will continue to work even if I do not upgrade. Is this correct?

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:28 PM

PilotHigh posted at 4:27PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362443

Thanks.

Uh, as I read it, I would not call this a "Free Upgrade." It says that "after 21 days you will be prompted to purchase a license." So, I think they will deactivate version 11.2 after 21 days.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:31 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:32 PM

IS there a free upgrade for owners of Poser Pro 11.1.x whatever?

Yes, the update is for Poser 11.x (whatever) to Poser 11.2

Also, I do have Poser Pro 2014, which, I guess, is Poser 10

Poser Pro 2014 without the Game Dev features should continue to work OK. GameDev WILL need to be updated to Poser 11.2

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:35 PM

But is it "Free" for Only 21 Days? Or, is it a free upgrade for as long as you like? Where can the free upgrade for as long as you like be downloaded from? When I follow the link given above, I read: "The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number."

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:38 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:39 PM

I installed it... and now it will not open

Capture.PNG

Now I have to uninstall and try again. I hate this.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:06 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:10 PM

If you did install from the download page, then there might be something in your registry that is holding things up. Perhaps using something like Revo Uninstaller (paid) or Geek Uninstaller (free) might help resolve your issue. The Poser uninstaller leaves things behind in the registry and wiping those things out might get you past that. You'll need to re-register the program with your serial number in that case, because it will probably see it as a completely fresh install.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:44 PM

Are you guys aware that the PoserSoftware.com/downloads page isn't working??.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:46 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:45PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362783

Seems to be working ok here ....???

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:50 PM

Deecey posted at 5:49PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362784

It seems to be now. But the first time I went to it, I got a 404 Error-Page could not be found. But like I said, it seems to be working now.

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:01 PM

image.png

The cant connect to internet sounds like a firewall problem

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:16 PM

I think it's more likely that it's looking to connect to the Smith Micro activation server, which is probably no longer on line at this point.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:08 PM

Why would it try to connect to Smith Micro? I used the link in Yesterday's e-mail. But it's working now. That's what counts- in fact I've already downloaded everything and plan to spend Saturday installing it.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:58 PM

There may have been some preferences or something stuck in limbo in the registry that pointed to old information. He appears to have resolved the issue as he mentioned in another thread that his second attempt at installing fixed it.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:19 PM

Deecey posted at 10:19PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362808

There may have been some preferences or something stuck in limbo in the registry that pointed to old information. He appears to have resolved the issue as he mentioned in another thread that his second attempt at installing fixed it.

Okay.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:45 PM

Well, that was easy. It installed right over my old P11, no problems at all. I gotta say, I am very impressed by the new content… Thank you to all merchants who gave such marvelous products for this update!! Good to know that Poser is in good hands here at Rosity.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:46 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:47 AM

mdbruffy posted at 1:45AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362787

Deecey posted at 5:49PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362784

It seems to be now. But the first time I went to it, I got a 404 Error-Page could not be found. But like I said, it seems to be working now.

It kept giving me blank pages a few times during the day, but I just kept going back and downloading what I could each time. Eventually I got it all.

I suspect the server was inundated with everyone trying to download at the same time.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:00 AM

Miss B posted at 3:59AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362840

mdbruffy posted at 1:45AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362787

I suspect the server was inundated with everyone trying to download at the same time.

That's possible, too.

fatmess ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:17 AM

Hi all. I also did the upgrade yesterday night and I got the same as below. I have uninstalled Poser, reinstalled, checked my firewall. Everything is as it should be. I have contacted support and not heard anything back.

Does anyone have a fix for this or know a way around it. Thanks in advance

willyb53 posted at 4:15AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362790

image.png

The cant connect to internet sounds like a firewall problem

Bill

OhWee ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 8:00 AM

For those of us with offline Poser installs, is there an opton for an offline install update at this time?

I purchased Poser 11 Pro through Renderosity, if that's relevant.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:00 AM

I am a casual Poser user but I wanted to make sure I'm up to date. From what Deecey it's not matching what happened for my update. I think the update went into the old Smith Micro folder as I think that's where the installer found the current installation for Poser 11 Pro. So should I uninstall the whole mess and have it install to the path that's screen shot above? Looking in my Program Files folder there is no Poser folder, so I ASSUME it all went into the Smith Micro folder. Thanks so much

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:05 AM

RAMWolff posted at 5:04PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362914

I am a casual Poser user but I wanted to make sure I'm up to date. From what Deecey it's not matching what happened for my update. I think the update went into the old Smith Micro folder as I think that's where the installer found the current installation for Poser 11 Pro. So should I uninstall the whole mess and have it install to the path that's screen shot above? Looking in my Program Files folder there is no Poser folder, so I ASSUME it all went into the Smith Micro folder. Thanks so much

It'll work anyway if you installed on top of the old one.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:46 AM

mdbruffy posted at 11:44AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362798

Why would it try to connect to Smith Micro? I used the link in Yesterday's e-mail. But it's working now. That's what counts- in fact I've already downloaded everything and plan to spend Saturday installing it.

wonder why I am not getting emails from Rendo ... I get wishlist stuff but have not gotten any of the recent emails on this upgrade stuff. |

BTW .. I did finally get into the site and downloaded the 11.2 and all content. Installed 11.2 and it stated trial good for 21 days. I then put in my serial number and nothing was said about it being 21 days or forever ....

SchelleFire ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:01 PM

inquire posted at 3:01PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362766

But is it "Free" for Only 21 Days? Or, is it a free upgrade for as long as you like? Where can the free upgrade for as long as you like be downloaded from? When I follow the link given above, I read: "The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number."

This probably means that your license key didn't take. It should be an update to Poser Pro 11.2, not a trial.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:56 PM

While I did backup my preferences, it wasn't necessary. I just followed the prompts, hitting next and it installed perfectly. You will not find a folder that says Bondware. I still see that my PP11 is in the Smith Micro folder. It even saved my 3rd party scripts and my external runtimes. This is only a guess but if you try again when the traffic is less, you might see success. I had a few network failures in downloading but I believe it was simply due to the sheer volume of people all upgrading AND gaining the free content. If you check the other threads, Darkseal had a similar error but it worked for him. Personally I chose, USE YOUR EXISTING PREFERENCES. It might make a difference.

When was the last time you tried?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.