Mon, Sep 16, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 5:45 PM

I saw your earlier post, but it got me wondering if they actually asked him to update it, and he said no because he's no longer doing anything 3D since he's now retired.

I'm seeing Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser Scripts list, it just doesn't do anything but the initialization process. When I tried to open it to use it, nothing happened.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:04 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:05 PM

Miss B posted at 6:00PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365470

I saw your earlier post, but it got me wondering if they actually asked him to update it, and he said no because he's no longer doing anything 3D since he's now retired.

I'm seeing Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser Scripts list, it just doesn't do anything but the initialization process. When I tried to open it to use it, nothing happened.

It doesn't show up in mine at all. And I checked the addons folder. It's not there. But I still have the Poserscripts folder and all the files in that. saved those from the earlier version- before all the updates- because it has all the data files needed for conversion.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 8:30 PM

OK, I'm going to have to check the Scripts Menu next time I have Poser open, because I use Joe/Netherworks Script Servant addon which gives me the Scripts Menu as a separate window that I can dock, or leave floating. That said, however, I'm now wondering why I would see it there, if it wasn't in the main Poser Scripts Menu.

OK, I just opened Poser, and it IS in the Poser Scripts Menu. I wonder how come some folks no longer have it listed. Anyway, I clicked on it in my Scripts Servant panel, and got the popup it was initialized, which is what I got the last time I tried it. What I DIDN'T try was to follow the instructions to open the Wardrobe Wizard window, which is done by clicking on the Window Menu, and then choosing Python Scripts, and this is what I just got when I did so. Whether it works or not, I don't know, as I haven't played with it.

WardrobeWizardMenu.jpg

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 9:43 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2019 at 9:43 PM

Miss B posted at 9:33PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365504

OK, I'm going to have to check the Scripts Menu next time I have Poser open, because I use Joe/Netherworks Script Servant addon which gives me the Scripts Menu as a separate window that I can dock, or leave floating. That said, however, I'm now wondering why I would see it there, if it wasn't in the main Poser Scripts Menu.

OK, I just opened Poser, and it IS in the Poser Scripts Menu. I wonder how come some folks no longer have it listed. Anyway, I clicked on it in my Scripts Servant panel, and got the popup it was initialized, which is what I got the last time I tried it. What I DIDN'T try was to follow the instructions to open the Wardrobe Wizard window, which is done by clicking on the Window Menu, and then choosing Python Scripts, and this is what I just got when I did so. Whether it works or not, I don't know, as I haven't played with it.

Well it's not in mine. Always before, it would appear at the bottom of the Scripts Menu under PythonShell and at the top of the scripts window.

WW gone.jpg

It's not in either one now.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:03 PM

Weird. I wonder why I have it and you, and others, don't. ~shakes head~

Butterfly Dezignz

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:50 AM

I just copied the WW stuff from the earlier, now defunct, P11 installation as is to P11.2. Works well for me. P11.2 does not include it so I believe that is the only way to get it back. I use WW's various functionalities all the time and can confirm it does work with P11.2.

tim ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:07 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

FYI - one of the topics on the table for future versions of Poser is how the software can best support a robust and safe eco-system for 3rd-party python apps.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:18 AM
Online Now!

Oh wow, that'd be marvellous. May I ask a question: as there are a lot of 3rd party pythons that became obsolete/ unable to be used due to different Python versions (purchased content), is there a layman's way to recompile those or a way to give us a tool that does that? It is beyond annoying how many great texture-making scripts died that way. I'd guess 'robust and safe' may be referring to circumstances where future Python iterations may be covered, hence my question. And appreciate the info!

tim ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:28 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

A strong eco-system would likely be based on the creators/maintainers of these tools receiving some form of compensation for their efforts. In typical software publishing, this happens through new releases that update the software periodically to a changing world. If a market develops for these scripts, then hopefully updates would be available at a reasonable price.

structure ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:30 AM
Forum Coordinator

mdbruffy, if you installed poser over your previous installation, you will find Wardrobe Wizard in the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PhilC folder, it appears that you are just missing the menu, I would suggest you get everything and do a search for wardrobe Wizard. Let me know whether you find it or not.

Locked Out

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:19 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:27 PM

structure posted at 4:12PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365608

mdbruffy, if you installed poser over your previous installation, you will find Wardrobe Wizard in the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PhilC folder, it appears that you are just missing the menu, I would suggest you get everything and do a search for wardrobe Wizard. Let me know whether you find it or not.

It wouldn't install over my original version. I had to uninstall first. My Primary Runtime is on a secondary drive- which is how I still have the data files. I have these: Main Runtime- WW.jpg

In the Program folder, there's only this:

Program folder- WW.jpg

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:52 PM

mdbruffy posted at 4:49PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365711

structure posted at 4:12PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365608

It wouldn't install over my original version. I had to uninstall first. My Primary Runtime is on a secondary drive- which is how I still have the data files. I have these: Main Runtime- WW.jpg

In the Program folder, there's only this:

Program folder- WW.jpg

Got to digging in other folders to see if I might have copied Philc's folder somewhere else. I did. But it wasn't all of it: Some of it.jpg

I've copied these into Poser, but WW still doesn't show up in scripts menu or the Pythonscripts menu. For those that don't know, I'm using 11.2.289

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:16 PM

I'm on a Mac and see that "Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py" is located not only where you show it, mdbruffy, but also in runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu

Might want to see if that makes a difference. I've run WW once in the past couple of days, but just to see if it started up (which it did), though I never let it convert anything.

Lee

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:26 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:22PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365718

I've copied these into Poser, but WW still doesn't show up in scripts menu or the Pythonscripts menu. For those that don't know, I'm using 11.2.289

That's because you have the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file in the wrong folder. That should be moved to the Runtime > Python > poserScripts > ScriptsMenu folder. THEN it will show up in the Scripts Menu.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:44 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:46 PM

Okay, I've copied it to the ScriptsMenu folder.Bringing up Poser now. It is showing up in the scripts drop down menu. But now I'm getting this:

New Error.jpg

and I put it right where you guys said to. Could the fact that the Python Shell still isn't loading be an issue here?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:19 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:19 PM

Okay, just got back from dinner and brought Poser up again. Got the same error message as before when I tried to start WW. But when I closed that window, this came up:

Error follow-up.jpg

Does this help us any?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:19 PM

OK, I just looked at your 3 screenshots above again, and I think I know the issue of it not working. You don't have the files in the correct folder.

The files in the folder where you previously had the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file has all the files WW needs to work (your 3rd screenshot), so you need to move all those fo the Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder (your 1st screenshot). I'm not sure what the Library 2 folder is for, but that's what's missing as far as running the software. You only have a handful of folders and the ww.ini file in that folder, but that's the folder where all the files (except the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file) should be located. Try that and see what happens.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:38 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:40 PM

Miss B posted at 8:34PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365774

OK, I just looked at your 3 screenshots above again, and I think I know the issue of it not working. You don't have the files in the correct folder.

The files in the folder where you previously had the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file has all the files WW needs to work (your 3rd screenshot), so you need to move all those fo the Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder (your 1st screenshot). I'm not sure what the Library 2 folder is for, but that's what's missing as far as running the software. You only have a handful of folders and the ww.ini file in that folder, but that's the folder where all the files (except the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file) should be located. Try that and see what happens.

I already did that. That's how I got it to show in the scripts drop down menu.The Library No.2 folder contains my Primary Runtime.

Already there.jpg

I'm still think it's tied to the PythonShell. Until that's working right, no PythonScript-related program's going to run.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 2:38 AM

Rhia474 posted at 2:34AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365605

Oh wow, that'd be marvellous. May I ask a question: as there are a lot of 3rd party pythons that became obsolete/ unable to be used due to different Python versions (purchased content), is there a layman's way to recompile those or a way to give us a tool that does that? It is beyond annoying how many great texture-making scripts died that way. I'd guess 'robust and safe' may be referring to circumstances where future Python iterations may be covered, hence my question. And appreciate the info!

You may try this script, written by Snarlygribbly. It is a patch, designed, among other things, to make Reality start up in Poser 11.2. But it also makes EZSkin 2 amd EZMat, that had lost their functionality in Poser 11, work again, and is mentioned to fix problems with third party python plug ins.

It can be found here:

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/

samsiahaija ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 2:53 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 2:54 AM

mdbruffy posted at 2:39AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365778

Miss B posted at 8:34PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365774

I already did that. That's how I got it to show in the scripts drop down menu.The Library No.2 folder contains my Primary Runtime.

Already there.jpg

I'm still think it's tied to the PythonShell. Until that's working right, no PythonScript-related program's going to run.

I copied my entire PhilC folder into the scripsmenu folder, From there, I isolated the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from the meion folder to make it easier accessible. That seems to work. If I start the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from there, I get all the buttons.

It looks like this:

)WWizard.jpg

(Wardrobe Wizard starts up, but as a previous non-pro user I'm not familiar with the plug in and haven't tried it out yet. As it is, it mostly supports native Poser figures that I rarely use, and only have limited clothing for.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:57 AM

Miss B posted at 10:56AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365470

Odd. First thing I did with the new P11.2 was to convert a couple of dresses from V4 to Dawn. No problem.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 11:17 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 12:16PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365812

Miss B posted at 10:56AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365470

Odd. First thing I did with the new P11.2 was to convert a couple of dresses from V4 to Dawn. No problem.

Actually, I realized I wasn't opening the WW floating menu initially. Then I got it to open, but haven't had a chance yet to play with it.

Butterfly Dezignz

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 1:16 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 1:17 PM

And one other odditiy - several people have mentioned being asked where to install the files - I just worked through the installations right up till the latest, and at no point was I asked eaxctly where to install any file - just on which disc they were to be installed. In previous versions of Poser I think one could specify the exact location, but my memory plays tricks at times, so I'm not sure.

NB and any mis-typings etc might be due to the size of the type and the cataracts that are awaiting surgery; the waiting list is a year. Mind you, I now have a free bus pass. which is probably the only real benefit of getting old in the UK.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:59 PM

I copied my entire PhilC folder into the scripsmenu folder, From there, I isolated the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from the meion folder to make it easier accessible. That seems to work. If I start the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from there, I get all the buttons.

It looks like this:

)WWizard.jpg

(Wardrobe Wizard starts up, but as a previous non-pro user I'm not familiar with the plug in and haven't tried it out yet. As it is, it mostly supports native Poser figures that I rarely use, and only have limited clothing for.

I did that. And it still won't work: Did not work.jpg

structure ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:05 PM
Forum Coordinator

the only file that you should have moved to scriptsmenu is the wardrobe wizard menu. The rest of the files belong in python:poserscripts:Philc:wardrobewizardp11

Locked Out

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:49 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:50 PM

structure posted at 4:47PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365907

the only file that you should have moved to scriptsmenu is the wardrobe wizard menu. The rest of the files belong in python:poserscripts:Philc:wardrobewizardp11

I know you guys are trying to help - and I REALLY appreciate it. But I wish you'd quick confusing me. Wardrobe Wizard menu is already there- been there for nearly a week now. You guys told me to move it back then.

Red arrow.jpg

CobraBlade ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 7:38 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 7:42 PM

I don't want to confuse you further... but I just checked mine and this is where I found things. (on a Mac)

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/PhilC/Wardrobe Wizard P11/

Bellow are all the files in the that Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 9.59.36 am.png I don't know if anything else is required or if this will help at all.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 7:50 PM

CobraBlade posted at 7:45PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365926

I don't want to confuse you further... but I just checked mine and this is where I found things. (on a Mac)

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/PhilC/Wardrobe Wizard P11/

Bellow are all the files in the that Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder

I don't know if anything else is required or if this will help at all.

That matches where I have everything now. I'm still thinking the Python Shell is the problem. Until it's up and working, I don't think any Python-oriented script is going to run. On the other hand, does anyone know if these error messages tell us anything?

Error follow-up.jpgError 2.jpg

CobraBlade ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:20 PM

Quite possibly, as I don't think I'm having any issues with Python Shell. Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 10.48.19 am.png

What issue are you having with it?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:27 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:28 PM

CobraBlade posted at 8:27PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365930

Quite possibly, as I don't think I'm having any issues with Python Shell.

What issue are you having with it?

It won't come up: Same old.jpg

CobraBlade ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:35 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:39 PM

Hmm, well with all our files in the same places and very different results when we click on Python Shell, it seems likely.

This sounds like the issue you are having now. Poser startup error

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 9:17 PM

CobraBlade posted at 9:10PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365933

Hmm, well with all our files in the same places and very different results when we click on Python Shell, it seems likely.

This sounds like the issue you are having now. Poser startup error

I was part of that forum. We never reached a definite answer back then. There's talk about adding paths to files- something I've never even attempted.

"@Y-Phil I dug a little deeper into wx.py and found that it's failing to load _stc.pyd. Turns out that the damn thing is a actually a DLL. So, I threw it into walker and it failed to find most of its dependencies, which are mostly core python DLLs in the Poser app folder. After manually adding that path into walker, it was able load them correctly. So, the problem is that somehow python in Poser isn't finding it's own DLLs when loading _stc.pyd?"

"semicharm 2 years ago

@Y-Phil Yeah, I have the same file in PP11. I'd thought about it being a file collision issue and checked windows to be sure, but turned up nothing. However, rebooting seems to solve the problem--at least temporarily. Something is probably screwing with the paths it checks to resolve dependencies and rebooting resets the path list. Not sure what's doing it. I've tried opening many of my common apps, but no issues so far."

This was- and is- over my head, but it sounds like the file- wx.py- needs to be re-written.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:11 AM

Since that happened to you 2 years ago, it seems to be a bit of a reoccurring issue. Unless this has persisted ever since you posted back then. Unfortunately, I won't be much help, since it sounds like a Windows specific issue will the DLLs. Might want to hit up Poser Support if you haven't already.

android65mar ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 5:32 AM

When I try and launch the standard version it tells me the grace period is finished and asks me to input a serial number. This I do and then it tells me it is wrong. So it seems we are being bulldozed into the pro version and a great deal of the content for the standard version does not work.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 6:59 AM

CobraBlade posted at 6:57AM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365958

Since that happened to you 2 years ago, it seems to be a bit of a reoccurring issue. Unless this has persisted ever since you posted back then. Unfortunately, I won't be much help, since it sounds like a Windows specific issue will the DLLs. Might want to hit up Poser Support if you haven't already.

It has been a constant, recurring issue. I have contacted Support- I sent in a ticket 13 days ago- and they've never even acknowledged it.

structure ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 7:56 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:08 AM
Forum Coordinator

android65mar posted at 1:55PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365965

When I try and launch the standard version it tells me the grace period is finished and asks me to input a serial number. This I do and then it tells me it is wrong. So it seems we are being bulldozed into the pro version and a great deal of the content for the standard version does not work.

You are correct, the standard version no longer works, That is why a free upgrade to the pro version was released. All standard content works in the pro version. The difference between the 2 is that pro has more functionality than standard, also, the 32 bit version has been discontinued, again a free upgrade to 64bit pro is offered.

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you?

Locked Out

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:09 AM

structure posted at 3:09PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365974

You are correct, the standard version no longer works, That is why a free upgrade to the pro version was released. All standard content works in the pro version. The difference between the 2 is that pro has more functionality than standard, also, the 32 bit version has been discontinued, again a free upgrade to 64bit pro is offered.

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you?

Standard version would be Poser 11 and not Pro. Not the content.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

structure ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:09 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:10 AM
Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

structure ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:10 AM
Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

android65mar ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 11:21 AM

structure posted at 5:14PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365974

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you? About 80% of the content in my poser 10 runtime

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 11:31 AM

@MDbruffy On your windows machine in the search bar type in startup apps. This will bring up a list of all the things that start when you start your machine. Make note of what starts and then turn them all off and see if when you restart your computer if you get the same error. If you don't then one (or more) of the turned off programs is conflicting with your Poser. Turn them back on one by one until you find the problem. If with nothing on and you still have the issue then try finding another computer to load Poser (using your install files) on and see if occurs there (should not). In the event that it works on another machine then most likely you will have to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Not much fun re-installing programs but it maybe needed.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

structure ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:03 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:04 PM
Forum Coordinator

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you? About 80% of the content in my poser 10 runtime

I would assume if poser is not running then 100% of your content is not working. You need to be able to open poser to use it. If your poser standard is version 11 and is not running because your licence key is invalid, you need to get the FREE upgrade to poser 11 pro - where your content will continue to work.

Locked Out

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:16 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:18 PM

Richard60 posted at 1:15PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366009

@MDbruffy On your windows machine in the search bar type in startup apps. This will bring up a list of all the things that start when you start your machine. Make note of what starts and then turn them all off and see if when you restart your computer if you get the same error. If you don't then one (or more) of the turned off programs is conflicting with your Poser. Turn them back on one by one until you find the problem. If with nothing on and you still have the issue then try finding another computer to load Poser (using your install files) on and see if occurs there (should not). In the event that it works on another machine then most likely you will have to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Not much fun re-installing programs but it maybe needed.

I just had a complete wipe and re-install of Windows 10 little over a month ago. This problem occurred before and after. The original Poser 11 pro was one of the first programs I re-installed.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 2:48 PM

Well the only other ting is to try it on another computer. In 95 my squadron got 16 brand new computers, my shop got 2 of them (all the same). The two in my shop would not import a text file into Access the other 14 would. Reloaded multiple times using various install disks etc. No help. Finally brought a working machines reg key over and even though they were the same looking at them it fixed the issue. Reload the OS etc and it was broke again. Point being computers are way more different then people think as common belief is that if it runs on one it will run on all, especially if they are the same config. You may be unlucky and have a computer that cannot run Poser 11 no matter what you do.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 3:45 PM

Richard60 posted at 3:35PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366050

Well the only other ting is to try it on another computer. In 95 my squadron got 16 brand new computers, my shop got 2 of them (all the same). The two in my shop would not import a text file into Access the other 14 would. Reloaded multiple times using various install disks etc. No help. Finally brought a working machines reg key over and even though they were the same looking at them it fixed the issue. Reload the OS etc and it was broke again. Point being computers are way more different then people think as common belief is that if it runs on one it will run on all, especially if they are the same config. You may be unlucky and have a computer that cannot run Poser 11 no matter what you do.

First up, the only thing not working is Wardrobe Wizard. There is a work-around on that by getting and using EvilInnoce's X-dresser stand alone. Not crazy about it, but's a close second, Second thing is, I don't have another computer to install Poser on. My art comp was originally special built by the shop for me so I'd have a large Hard drive and plenty of RAM for Poser. Third, I've used other programs- Photoshop Elements, UVMapper, Sketch-up- and I've never had any trouble from any of them. Fourth, It's only P11Pro. I've been a Poser user since P5. I beta tested WW when Philc introduced it. This has not happened with the earlier versions of Poser I've used. I guess I'm just out of luck till P12 comes out- just have to hope the problem ends here.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:27 PM

There was a standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard once, I used it back when I was a Daz Studio user. Since you're in contact with Phil, maybe he can give you a download to it. Might be the only thing you can do until this issue gets fixed (which might not happen until Poser 12).

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:48 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:48 PM

CobraBlade posted at 8:47PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366103

There was a standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard once, I used it back when I was a Daz Studio user. Since you're in contact with Phil, maybe he can give you a download to it. Might be the only thing you can do until this issue gets fixed (which might not happen until Poser 12).

Already tried that. He said he hasn't updated it in years. He has had others asking about it, so he might bring it back. But what do you do in the meantime? Not a lot of choices out there.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:23 PM

mdbruffy posted at 12:44PM Sun, 06 October 2019 - #4366107

Already tried that. He said he hasn't updated it in years. He has had others asking about it, so he might bring it back. But what do you do in the meantime? Not a lot of choices out there.

That's really cool that there there is a chance of an updated version in the future now. I normally do conversions with both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser and keep the one that turns out the best as they both have pros and cons. Anyway, even though the standalone version of WW2 hasn't been updated in a while, I would think the same goes for the version built into Poser... so a shame you weren't given a download of it to try it out.

But yeah, unless someone finds a fix it doesn't look like much can be done right in the meantime.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:29 PM

CobraBlade posted at 9:28PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366123

mdbruffy posted at 12:44PM Sun, 06 October 2019 - #4366107

That's really cool that there there is a chance of an updated version in the future now. I normally do conversions with both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser and keep the one that turns out the best as they both have pros and cons. Anyway, even though the standalone version of WW2 hasn't been updated in a while, I would think the same goes for the version built into Poser... so a shame you weren't given a download of it to try it out.

But yeah, unless someone finds a fix it doesn't look like much can be done right in the meantime.

Like I said earlier, I'm probably stuck till p12 comes out- and then it probably won't have WW in it. That's the way my luck runs.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:31 PM

Looks like this is happening to a few people, was just trying to see if I could find anything else on it and came across this post too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.