Thu, Sep 19, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Ruby Tuesday - Want to see the Poser 5 figures rendered?

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:10 PM

The hair animation!!!!!!!!!! Can't speak....

quixote ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:21 PM

We're cutting a Poser 5 crop-circle tonight. What date should we put in the top right-hand corner of the field?

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:22 PM

the render with the reflection really looks great! ( hope its not the trick jim burton used sometimes :-))

queri ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:29 PM

Thank you for the Poser 4 renderer-- for some people that may mean they can get P5 now and upgrade their computer later. For me, it means that for those renders I'm going to throw into Painter or plugin to death in PS, I don't have to spend too much extra time on. The rest I can go crazy on-- once I figure out what all that means. Shaders?? I would love to hear a render time on that reflection pic. And please tell me its a professionally done manual and not some rinky dink thing. This Program needs a Photoshop quality manual. Did I mention thank you???;)))) Oh well, thank you again. and even though I don't think Judy's face is all that great, I have the greatest faith in Poser morphers to go nuts on variations. I Loooove her body, little bit more like reality.;-) Did I bother to thank you? Emily

queri ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:30 PM

I forgot, those look a awful lot like RDNA Eyez. Emily pixel buckets???

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:39 PM

^_^

williamsheil ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:56 PM

Looks great, but, er... is the depth of field an animatable property of the camera as well, or is it only settable as a fixed distance value in the dialogue box for the entire animation? Or is there a depth map option for post production? Bill

jkm ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:59 PM

Can the FireFly render engine do cel shading for a cartoon or comic book look?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 3:06 PM

Queri - Shaders are beyond cool. Trust me, you will love them, as I have loved them all that time ago whilst building gaming maps :) /P

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 3:31 PM

Please tell us it's soon....

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 3:59 PM

Would you guys at Curious Labs be willing to shoot me a sample cr2 file so I could try and fit any Poser 5 changes into Morph manager 6? Thanks

MaterialForge ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:03 PM

Hey quixote, can I help on the crop circle? (grin) Thanks for posting the images kupa - can't wait! (y'know, Judy would make a very good Janet, now we just need Brad, and Rocky, and...)

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:04 PM

that pic with reflection must be some kind of fake, sorry: - her face is lit in the reflection but not on this side - her neck is lit in the reflection but not on this side - her right ear is free from hair but her reflection has it covered - etc... - anatomy of her back is just wrong. rib cage too short, the rest is too long... (man, is it only me nagging? i can't believe that nobody else sees the mistakes...)

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:19 PM

aleks - my experience with mirrors is they can have different lighting than the environment they reflect. Now are these truly mirrors or portal renderings? If its a portal rendering you won't get exactly a mirror. Portals are used in game engines. Basically the camera is placed at the portal, the scene is rendered from that viewpoint then the resulting render is placed as a texture on the portal geometry. Somewhat similar to p4 shadow maps where a render is done at the light position to get a shadow mask. I'm curious to see the actually materials setting dialog. I'm wondering if they allow us to set smooth shading on or off for materials so we don't have to break verticies to get flat surfaces.

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:20 PM

aleks, I see the elements you're pointing out, but I don't see them as mistakes, but just tricks of perspective and lighting. The most startling discrepancy from the real world for me is how the figure is lit from (apparently) within the mirror. If it's reflected light from behind her, it wouldn't look so much whiter, and there's be more shadow in the reflection from where she blocked the rear-light. However, given Poser's ability to turn off shadows for objects and lights, the lighting is perfectly possible in Poser. I rather like the new "Judy" - face reminds me of Jane Krakowski aside from the mouth...

quixote ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:27 PM

Silver: Dang, Ya. Haul it over here. Aleks: take it easy, man. These were probably done on his lunch hour, between bites and all. Cut him some slack. There's no competition here. If you don't like P5, just don't buy it. Q

S Mallarmé

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:37 PM

I think you are wrong aleks there is a light directly in front of her that while it has no source in the scene negates all of your arguments with the spot light pointed directly at her front from directly in front of her you would barely see it from her back and you can see it at the edge of her shoulder. and as for the hair it is also there but much less visible becouse it is not lit directly from the back.

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:55 PM

I'm with what several others have requested to see. Can we see a kneeling pose maybe with arms over the head? Please. Would like to see very much. Can she do it? The pose with the guy is promising, but not quite to the extreme angle that would answer what we want to know. Can Judy kneel convincingly and have her arms over her head and have that look right? The render windows look cool.

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:56 PM

hay the firefly renderer may not be perfect and I'll still probably use the bryce renderer for complex reflections but I think that accusing Kupa of creating a fake is a little harsh

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:03 PM

hey she's got one of them things... you know those things that no p4 woman has by default you know..that thing I'm telling. waves hand in air hey teacherrrr! teacherrrr! I can see her...ummm.. you know...

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:07 PM

yes in a previous thread Kupa revealed that all the adult P5 figures would be anatomicly correct ;P

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:09 PM

now I wonder if don comes with a pnumatic morph? ;)

quixote ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:16 PM

If it's an example of refraction, then the light may be refracted through one of the globes. Extreme left is my bet.

S Mallarmé

Q2 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:17 PM

Nice improvements all around compared to P4. Even joint bends are better, though still a problem. Fairly easy to fix in post for stills, but for animation, well, hopefully this will be addressed in the free upgrade to Poser 5.1! :) Any new clothes come with Poser 5?

gryffnn ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:18 PM

Steve - love seeing the dialogs! It's like taking a quick look around the new home you're getting ready to move into, and imagining all the happy times to come!

Mosca ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:20 PM

I know what wdupre's first body-putty project is going to be...

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:22 PM

"yes in a previous thread Kupa revealed that all the adult P5 figures would be anatomicly correct ;P " OMG... Gallery Flood Warning is now in effect at Renderotica! Heh... used to be that you had to get Eve, Vicky WGRM-T, or post-work the umm, 'bits' into place. This oughta get real interesting... /P

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:25 PM

Who me? he said trying to look innocent

TalmidBen ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:28 PM

Kupa, don't be discouraged by some doubters and naysayers here, P5 is going to rock. You'll never be able to satisfy some who are bent on criticizing Poser. Even if you created the most fantastic software program on the entire universe (excluding the Planet Zerkotan, they make superb software there), you'll be criticized. But, you probably already know that . . .=-) Ben

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:31 PM

the reflective spheres look kinda odd somehow to me. They have reflection, but in so doing seem to have lost their indications of being a sphere. Does that make sense? I'm having trouble explaining what I mean. they don't have shadow or highlights at all. They're just super reflective and almost disc looking. can the renderer do reflective with shadows and highlights still evident?

EllPro ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:31 PM

SO WHEN IS THE GAWDDAMN RELEASE DATE?

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:33 PM

file_20816.jpg

My revision on the left, the original on the right. I got slammed by Entropic for making baseless statements about Judy, so here's one with a picture. Judy as she appears in Kupa's renders here has a number of facial proportions I'd get in trouble with an art instructor for using. The eyes are still too wide, nose is too high, philtrum too long, and the mouth is tiny. Any first year student will tell you the corners of the mouth line up with the pupils. Look at real people and you'll find Nature's actually pretty strict about this. The mouth and chin look like someone's put a magnet in reverse on the area. Maybe these are morph dials at work, but she looks like a caricature of the Irish, perhaps the wee folk. Is this really her default face? If so I've got my work cut out for me--again.

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:40 PM

I want to see a picture of how the collar/shoulders work....can we see them with their arms straight up over their heads? Scarab<-(slow minds want to know....)

Kiera ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:48 PM

Duane: don't tell me you would like to have a default face that you want to use for every render. That would be mighty boring. ;)

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:56 PM

gotta side with duane on this his 'new' redhead babe is much more babalicious than the original. however, that being said... give a person a $10 bill and they'll bitch about why its not a 5 and 5 ones... You can't satisfy everyone 100% of the time, and honestly..you're lucky if you can satisfy a very small percent a very small percent of the time. so, that being said...kupa...gimme my p5 now! :P BT

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:11 PM

Kiera: No, I'd like a default face whose proportions demonstrate a semester's worth of sketching the head at the local community college. It's a royal pain in the ass to create and tweak a suite of head morphs just to compensate for mistakes that shouldn't have been made in the first place, the kind of mistakes that stick out like a sore thumb and stick to every character you try to develop without these corrective morphs.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:26 PM

Man, Duane, I want character not perfection! Sheesh. The thing I love most about Judy is her wide set eyes!!

xvcoffee ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:28 PM

So goood bye Rooby Tuesday
Who cam hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmmmmm

(gets over blown with wave of nostalgia and gets the Melanie CD bungs it into the DVD player and looks at the case to get its number only find Ruby Tuesday is the ONLY FING TRACK BY THAT PERSON NOT ON THE CD OR ANY CD OR THINGIE IN THE WHOLE B.... PILE JEE....S @##&@* IVE GOT ABOUT 1OOO+ LPS AND 45S COLLECTED THEM FOR YEARS I WAS A CHART COMPILER AT ONE TIME YOU THINK ID HAVE A FEW DECENT RECORDINGS OF MELANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh well b...ger it, just read the thread.

She still cant bend her legs ...(?)
vert-thingie count?
Adolescent?
one of the little people?
Taylor and the other one obsolete?

(Look what theyve duuuuun to my.......)

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:30 PM

Swell, if your art director likes anime gals in an office setting. Not so swell if he wants simple but believable characters.

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:33 PM

Just placed mine.....................

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:34 PM

hay duane if it werent for those lousy p4 heads we wouldn't have your great p4 charicter morphs. think of it as your first P5 challange, do for the actual model what you did for the picture and I will be the first to download it, and give Kudos.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:35 PM

Duane said: "I'd like a default face whose proportions demonstrate a semester's worth of sketching the head at the local community college." So, Duane... what's stopping ye from building one? After all, you could make a killing if you released a 100% anatomically perfect-in-every-sense-to-your-ultimate-satisfaction humanoid mesh, yes? I mean, look at DAZ - they released a butt-ugly-by-default humanoid mesh (The Vickster) with a ton of inherent flaws according to any student of anatomy, yet you can do so much with it, it gets used everywhere, and DAZ ain't exactly hurting for cash. So here's the challenge... build a mesh and market that critter, right here in R'osity - seriously. I'll be first in line to buy it so long as it holds up to stringent cross-study with my wife's unabridged copy of Gray's Anatomy, and you price it reasonably. But until that time, I gotta know something: Where do you get the vantage point from which to be so arrogant, demanding, and deterministic about what Curious Labs should or shouldn't have done with their default model? After all, "Those who can, do..." Fair enough? /P

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:38 PM

Thanks Duane, I couldn't figure out what was bothering me about her face and now I know ;). She looks much less like an alien in your fixed image above - quite pretty, in fact. And not to knock Sydd and Co.'s fine textures and morphs, but I'd still like to see the default character mesh (no morphs) with no texturing. I hope there have been some improvements in the joints/etc. but unlike others here, I don't expect miracles and assume there will continue to be some joint problems, I just want to see what the foundation mesh looks like. Also, despite my comments above about the reflection falling apart when it gets recursive, I'm tickled pink to be getting reflections at all - it was just an observation ;).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:43 PM

Will there be any volumetric visible lighting in poser5?? to simulate foggy or hazy environments to show sunbeams through a window??

My website

YouTube Channel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 6:45 PM

Where is the Anti-Alias option for the FireFly renderer? Or is that what the post filter is for?

Flak ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:09 PM

Hmm, not bad, CL. Not bad at all.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:14 PM

Folks, Just wanted to share that the critique of Judy is fine. We fully expected it. And to boot, we're fully prepared for it. We know that not everyone likes the first release of any figure. As each one has been released, they're run the gauntlet, and over time peolpe have grown comfortable with their appearance by using the figures modified with custom morphs. Here's our plan. The Face Room. A little background detail- Over 40 3D scanned, real world human heads (they were attached when scanned) were entered into the Face Room database. the data was aggregated into groups likes eyes, noses, cheeks, etc. The data is really acccurate, because it's based on scanned heads. (along with their scanned textures) This database is used in two basic ways. 1- Using P5 sophisticated photo-matching technology, a set of photos can be used to model a head to look like a real world person. 2- Infinitely modify the Poser 5 base figures appearance with dozens of very accurate parameters. The best part of the Face Room? It dosen't bog down your CR2/figure with hundreds of extra morphs to thin the nose, widen the cheeks or even narrow the eyes. They live in the Face Room! Bring Judy in, and dial away. Dial a little, or dial a lot! Duane's right. Every art student knows what the desireable proportions should be. Set those up for Judy or Don, or the kids in minutes, or even better, make then look however you want... You want face morphs? Let me show you some face morphs!

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:15 PM

file_20817.jpg

...one out of six screen caps....

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:16 PM

file_20818.jpg

...two...

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:16 PM

file_20819.jpg

...three...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.