Fri, Sep 20, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: i bet mine is bigger than yours... :) (pics inside)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 4:59 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:38 AM

file_54366.jpg

my mouse callous, of course -- what the hell else would i be referring to? (people need to get their minds out of the gutter) are you a computer slug? do you bear this telltale brand - the notorious mouse callous? if sherlock holmes were around in these times, he wouldnt have to try very hard to identify the hardcore computer slugs among us :) the mark of the computer slug - the unholy offspring of hundreds of hours of dragging the mouse hand across a computer desk or mousepad... so come on folks, get your digital cameras out and snap a pic of your mouse callous - display it with pride, and share it with the world. but i bet mines bigger than yours :) ive been developing it for over 6 years now. if i actually saw the light of day and had any more skin pigment it would show up much more clearly :( cheers, -gabriel

jeweldragon ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:01 PM

lol you are warped :-P i dont have one hehe

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:03 PM

file_54367.jpg

lmfao. i have a baby one!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:04 PM

one day, little grasshopper, you will develop the mouse callous into truly heroic proportions... ..and then you shall learn to walk on the rice-paper

TheWanderer ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:05 PM

Hi Get a mouse mat with a rest or a seperate rest at least thats what they tell us at work! Mines caused through playing multiplayer games on my friends networked machines while lying on his livingroom floor. Dave

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:11 PM

if anyone can produce undoctored photos of a mouse callous that will defeat my mouse callous, i will burn all of my products onto a CD and mail it to them. call it the new 'annual renderosity mouse callous awards' :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:11 PM

Mouse calluses, no. Guitar calluses, yes. I use a wrist support for mouse and keyboard, so that part of my hand/wrist doesn't ever drag across the desk.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:12 PM

I have a trackball, but some nights I do have thumbanightis... of course that could just be old age creeping up. ~G~

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:14 PM

lol silly i HAVE a mouse pad.. it doesnt matter, as long as you drag your wrist you'll get one ;) lol i JUST noticed this liek 5 min ago... how funny... we are the silly ones ;)

Valandar ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:16 PM

I thought Mouse Callouses came from running in those wheel things... wait, those are hamster callouses...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:16 PM

the scarier thing is that ive actually worn smooth all the 'texture' from most of my mouse, and some of the letters off my keyboard :) kindof reminds me of the steps of ancient buildings - how the passage of time and millions of feet will wear down even granite... quite frightening when you think about it :)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:18 PM

val - come on, post a pic of yours. or are you afraid that my mouse callous will defeat your mouse callous? bwaHAHAHahahaaa -- tremble at the sight of my mouse callous :) fear its might!

Valandar ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:20 PM

Heh, I don't callous easily... ALL of my skin is leathery. Also, all I have to take a pic with is a dinky webcam... but since you asked... gimme a few minutes for P5 to finish a cloth sim, and I'll post one, bro.

Replicant ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:23 PM

file_54368.jpg

No callus worth speaking of, but as you can see I've developed huge muscles in my clicking finger. :o). I was always told things fall off if you play with them too much. Not true. They just get bigger and bigger. :o).

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:25 PM

I didnt know we had a competittion on mouse callouses. Guess I shouldnt have bought that optical scroll mouse and the padded mousepad.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:28 PM

Strangely enough I have no calous, just a lump like Rio and an area of very very smooth red skin. I do have a mat, but it's for the mouse as the table I have here is a lousy contact. Don't use one at work. later jb

Dizzie ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:42 PM

ROTFLLLL Replicant!

Valandar ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:52 PM

file_54369.jpg

This is me only bit... a reddish area with a small callous at the base of my palm...

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:56 PM

stares at baba's weirdly purple thumb

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:56 PM

congrats man :) shakes val's hand you are now an offical computer-slug :)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 5:58 PM

"stares at baba's weirdly purple thumb" lol... didnt have the flash turned on, and i have 'fluorescent lighting compensation' turned on on the camera (and we nio longer have fluorescent lights, heh), so that might be the reason for the discoloration. my thumb is actually white :)

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:02 PM

Hmmm.... I don't have any calluses on my hands, and here's why... 1. I use a LARGE table just for the kb and mouse, and spread out all over it (with a separate table behind it for my computers and monitors). 2. I don't use a mouse mat. I use a graphic artist's cutting board. Measures 30 x 40 cm, costs about $10, and NEVER wears out. 3. I use the kb whenever humanly possible. Of course, I do have a large callus on my butt from sitting here all day. Does that count? mac PS Don't panic! I'm not going to post a pic of it. LOL.

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:05 PM

Mouse calluses, no. Guitar calluses, yes. I use a wrist support for mouse and keyboard, so that part of my hand/wrist doesn't ever drag across the desk. Yes, guitar calluses are a good thing at least. And I also use a wrist support for both my keyboard and, umm, what's a "mouse", trackball. Nothing worse for a guitarist than CPS. BYS

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:07 PM

Hm I think a little magnet trick or a callous dial will do the trick......

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:27 PM

Colossal pains in my wrists, elbows and fingers. Getting old is no fun at all. :( One ray of hope - I was told by a surgeon a couple of years ago that I'm actually helping my condition by playing a musical instrument. Yes, it's a repetetive motion, but a different one. So, all you people who don't play music, now may be a good time to learn. The intro to Ziggy Stardust is: ||:G///|D///|C(add9)///|////:|| 4x Learn that and come back to me. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:36 PM

I learnt that one the day the album came out. LOL. Yep, guitar calluses, I got.... but I don't count them. They've been a part of me for so long. mac PS My current favorite is Slow Burn - F/Am - Cool song.

Replicant ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:38 PM

I've never been tempted to play any musical instrument ever since my Mum thumped me for whistling dirty songs. :o).

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:49 PM

A whole CD collection??! oh I can beat your mouse easally. mine is almost purple and rather large. 8hrs on puter mouse at work, then come home and another 4-6 almost every night hahaha! woooo I need a life. Maybe it's my hand and that's why I can't get a date. Oh, wait, that would require me to be outside the house or not working, nevermind. I am seeing a doctor about the loss of feelin and the developing carple tunnel I got. looks over at the Wacom on the floor, one day, yes one day

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 6:56 PM

machineclas - pictures speak louder than words :) my callous will defeat your callous :)

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 7:00 PM

Mine's only about the size of Rio's. We both have dainty, ladylike callouses. :) Maybe that'd be enough to win me Frazella, anyway. But gah, I have no digital camera. Gabe, that's a whopper. I think you're going to remain undefeated. Now for God's sake, dude, go out and get some fresh air!

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 7:15 PM

Closely examines wrist.....damn... No callous to speak of - maybe because I have a cigarette ash burn scar that I got when I was four (NO - I didn't smoke - my dad's cig ash dropped on me) in that particular spot. BUT, I did notice a particular habit I have - don't know if it's because I use an optical mouse - but from working all those wretched year at the Post Office, the meaty part on the heel of my palm is like really big - it looks freakish to me L. I don't drag my mouse/wrist around - I tend to lift the mouse up with my fingers and bring it back - so in lieu of a callous - that area of 'meat' on my hand is red from being rested on all the time and all the lines/texture have almost been worn off...

Ravnheart ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 7:30 PM

Well I dont have a callous because when mine started I went and bought a mouse pad with a wrist pad :P But what I have I cant show ya. My back is trashed due to sitting in a piece of crap chair for a year. Always remember the most important piece of equipment you will ever own is a great chair! :)

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 7:46 PM

Always remember the most important piece of equipment you will ever own is a great chair! :) Amen!!! ahem baba dear

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 9:09 PM

The only thing you have to watch when playing guitar, especially classical, is over bending the wrists, which isn't a good thing while flexing your fingers. On the other hand, plectrum picking is probably good as it'll strengthen your wrist and arm without the undue stress. Oh, of course I meant CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome). My brain is on standby today; must be the a brain callus. :) BYS

Kageboshi ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 9:13 PM

Sorry to say, no such thing for me!

bknoh ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 9:41 PM

No callous, but I did fight a strange rash for a few months that appeared on my thumb, the side of my index finger, and the top of finger #2. Took me a whole month to figure out that those were my mousing fingers and I had developed an allergy to my mouse. Diane

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:30 PM

LOL, BH, now are you REALLY expecting us to believe that callous came from mouse strokes? Or Rio strokes? (sorry, just kidding) Serioiusly, dude, you need to revamp your mouse. Change your settings. It may be rough at first, but you'll get used to it. I've adjusted the settings on mine so that I never move my wrist once it's on the table. (I say table 'cause I opted--LOL, pun intended--for an optical mouse a few years ago). I use a mouse so much (work in IT 8 hours a day and then add to mouse-usage at home) I actually got it 'cause I was tired of cleaning the ----ing lint out of the darn thing every 2 months or so. So, as I am trying to explain...I can go from one corner of the screen to the other with less than a half inch movement on the table. So, my wrist just lays there while my palm (and fingers) guide mouse movements. Since it's optical, I don't use a mousepad and it REALLY glides on the desk surface (a quick wiping with Windex once every 2 months or so makes it glide like a dry towel on a freshly-waxed car surface). PS: Tell Rio I bought 4 decks of "her" cards. I say, "hers" 'cause I will see the back she did on every card. 2 decks for me and 2 decks for gifts.

Patricia ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:33 PM

Just the barest patch of roughened skin on my wrist, but my Other Half refers to me as a real "Mouse Potato" which should count for something ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:43 PM

file_54370.jpg

Mine is huge. A testament to how long I actually spend on the computer. I've tried hand cream and everything but it just won't go away. I wish someone would invent a glove type thing with a little gel pad in it right where that callous forms. Any enterprising inventor types out there? ;o). Laurie

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:48 PM

...(and if you have the mouse options installed), turn on the one that records mileage. That will REALLY freak you out!

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:49 PM

rotf@chuck!!!!!!!!!! actually i have an optical mouse too..still gettin a callous! ;) i use a mouse pad cuz w/o one it wears away the pretty finish on my desk :( so i must protect it! "my" cards?! lolololol! youre so cute ;) BRAVO to Laurie!!! I think we have a winner!!!!!!! see she didnt wuss out on us! go girl!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:53 PM

ACK!!!! goddamnit!! throws in the towel beaten... and by a girl no less UGH!!!! well laurie, unless someone else posts a mightier callous than thine, youve won the trophy in the first annual renderosity mouse callous awards :) email me at caerlon@hotmail.com with where you want the cd mailed to :) bet you'd never thought anything good would come out of that thing, huh? youll never look at it the same way again :) snicker

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:54 PM

a mouse odometer? rofl id be willing to bet that ive 'moused' further than ive walked this last year :) but i dont know wether i should be proud, or horrified at that :(

Rio ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 10:55 PM

squooshes her puter slug Hooray for Laurie!!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 11:00 PM

LOL Rio...I ain't shy ;o). My hubby hates it (and so do I really...makes me look like a TRUE geek...LOL)! Actually, it was bigger than this if you can believe it, but I work on it sometimes with an emery board! Yeah, I really said that ;o). I gotta get a life...LOL. Anyone got one they can lend me? Hehehehehe... I tried the wrist pad thing, but I can't get the freedom of movement that I really need. So I sacrificed good looks (ha) for my craft ;o). I tell ya, the sacrifices we make...hehehehe. Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 11:08 PM

CD Gabriel? I didn't even read that post...LOL. I'm drooling already, but let it go awhile. Some one HAS to have one bigger than mine ;o). I hope...hehehehe (although I would LOVE to have the cd...LOL). Laurie

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 11:22 PM

"id be willing to bet that ive 'moused' further than ive walked this last year :) but i dont know wether i should be proud, or horrified at that :( " Gotta agree with that one, BH! (nice thread you started...hehe)

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:53 AM

Lol - what a bunch of geeks we are!! I don't have a wrist callous, I have that part of my hand just off the edge of the table. And I lift my mouse all the time. But the alternate pivot point then is your elbow. So I have callouses/rashes on both tips of my elbows from the armrests of my computer chair that need perpetual cortisone ointment treatment to stay reasonable. Oh lordy.... I think I'll go out and ride my bike :o) :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:57 AM

.... And oh yeah, making music doesn't help my elbows at all, since I do my music making on the 'puter as well. A complete studio with keyboards, mixers, racks of synths, samplers and sequencer, loops and fx etc. Ah well. At least it's a load of fun! :] Fish

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 5:36 AM

I don't have to worry about mouse callouses. I hold the mouse still and will the universe to move around it. It's a chi thing. H:)

Simderella ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 6:12 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!! I didn't know anyone else thought about this.. LOL I have an optical mouse so i don't use a mouse pad.... i don't really have a callous.. but a red & shiney patch of skin.. hehehe. so attractive.. LOL

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.