Sat, Sep 21, 6:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Disgusted!!

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:13 PM

Attached Link: http://library.rendervisions.com/renderositymessage.html

I have been a Member of renderosity for a very long time, Almost since it opened! rendervisions.com finally made it to the 2nd place on the webring after being there for a few years! Before it was rendervisions.com it was named poserosity.com. the name was changed to rendervisions.com in the webring as well. Just today I recieved a very accusing message at renderosity it can be read here: http://library.rendervisions.com/renderositymessage.html I have never ever been so disgusted in my whole life! All I have done in 3D i have done for renderosity! All my free items go through renderosity! I have given members here free webspace through our servers FREE for Renderosity!

I am completely disgusted by the message to me. I am not one to stirr up trouble but this is horrendous! Rendervisions.com has worked hard to get where we are today a fast growing art community that has just put up its own Marketplace. Is this the true reason we were wiped off of the webring?

Please know I love it here! I have allways tried to do whatever I can for this community. I have given my heart and soul into my 3D work and grown here.

I dont say much But I am going to speak up when I have been accused of something like that!

Thank you for listening
Much Love
Lady Cherry

webring.gif
Prev Rnd Next
Prev5 List Next5

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

ex_cal ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:39 PM

I wish I could say I'm suprised.. But I'm not suprised. When people are treated as doing something wrong because they do TOO well, there's a problem.

Hellmark ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:43 PM

Personally, I don't find it surprising. Do I think you did anything wrong? No. Lately rendervisions has been having alot of people dropping around because its a new community that has promise. I know I've recommended several people there.

lwanmtr ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:47 PM

Totally absurd!! Does Renderosity actually believe that no site can do well? Or rather a few people within the upper ranks.... I still like Renderosity, but this kind of thing is going too far....even if they are simply trying to keep people from buying there.

seansan2 ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:47 PM

Rendervisions is an excellent community. And Renderosity shouldent be afraid of some HONEST competition, LC Deserves better then that, she should be getting a trophy for the work shes put into Rendervisions not a backstab.

Hellmark ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:48 PM

Sorry, I meant that r'visions has had alot of dropping by.

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:50 PM

Lady C, I have the highest respect for your work and I know you've contributed a huge amount of stuff to the poser community over the years. It's very sad that you should be accused of something like this, especially since you known to be one of the more honest members of the poser communities. I notice that no shred of proof is offered for this accusation, nor is there anything in the mail that you could pin down as being a fact. It all seems to be based on very dodgy deductions. Sherlock Holmes would NOT approve. mac

Hellmark ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:54 PM

mac, is this the first time they've made decisions on a hunch and no evidence? no

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:56 PM

hummm- another new store- another new place for ppl to go

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:56 PM

I am not surprised either. It seems to me that Renderosity is not able to handle the amount of "growth" it is experiencing. It is using the "cut" cost approach to increase its profit margin. Anything deemed costly for them it tries to weed out. I've been following this "trend" since August of this year, and I believe it is still on going. I read more and more disturbing threads every so often about Renderosity's mistreatment to its members; some of them had contributed greatly to this community. It saddens me that this community has turned into a business environment rather than one that's for learning and sharing. I've gradually moved my buying habits to other sites, whom offer their merchants a better cut, in support of the artists who's spent their talents and time on their products/artworks. I feel for you, Lady Cherry. Business is not a personal thing, it is just business. In time, if enough customers feel it is unethical. The injustice done will take care of itself. JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

ronstuff ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:03 PM

Lady Cherry... disgusting is right! and that might be an understatement. What a shame that people such as you who really helped build this site by your contributions and participation over the years should receive such shabby treatment. I hope it is all a horrible misunderstanding and that it will be remedied. Your site is great, and I wish you the best success possible.

Riddokun ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:13 PM

well maybe they just did not catch the fact your site existed under its old name and so, earned all the members from its previous "existance" :) many people have hard time swalowing the concept of reincarnation :) well when i see the traffi i had on my dumb worthless website for the first 2 months (before the stats system of my host went mad and not deliver accurate stats anymore) i was frigthened at the amoutn of hits (a pointless number) and the bandwith traffic (more relevant)... 8 gb in 2 months it is insane, i even am glad my host did not dump me for that :) so i have no difficulty understanding how/why your own site went so popular indeed

Hyria ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:41 PM

This is sad lady cherry. I hope everything gets worked out.

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:53 PM

Maybe people just started doing what I did...R'City was so slow for 2 or 3 weeks (or so), so I spent my time at other places (like Rendervisions...where I bought that luscious cutie and downloaded a lot of freebies!) Hang in there young Lady (Cherry)!

nitras ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 7:54 PM

This is a shame really - a shame for Renderosity. It seems they don't care for their good name anymore. I hope someone will read this and straighten things out. Nitras

zandar ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:21 PM

Well, I don't know how adept their server admins are, but it's pretty damn easy to check for cheaters to a toplist or webring. They're called server logs. I bet if they check their logs, and the referring IP's that are coming from your site, they'll see no foul play. Cheaters to webrings and toplists usually use Anonymous Proxy bots to fake hits to a site. Anonymous Proxies are EASILY detectable, and can be compared to a list of known bot proxies to get a definitive answer about cheating. Also, it's pretty easy to get a programmer to add a few lines of code to any script that would make it virtually cheat proof. It's not hard to deny hits from the same IP in a 24 hour period, or to simply bock hits from anon proxy IP's and not count them in the toplist. I'm surprised this is even a concern with 'Rosity, considering how long they've been in the e-commerce biz.

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:29 PM

I would be interested in the proof also LC.

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

slinger ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:31 PM

Saddened, but unfortunately not shocked.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Dalthyrian ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:46 PM

Sounds pretty lame to me .. unfortunately its the same all over the world. You do well, and they knock you down. All people want is for you to be "average" and along the same lines as everyone else. If your product is great and people keep coming back for more, they see that as a threat in some weird way and retaliate against it. Lame, but not very surprising.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:02 PM

watches silently

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:07 PM

Ack! looks nervously over should 'cause I know how the 'overworked' can be sometimes (wink)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:08 PM

errrr.... "shouldER". (ugh!)

CobaltDragon ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:33 PM

Well as a member of Lady C's site I am so pissed that renderosity offers no proof of their accusations. Funny but I thought that in this country you are suppose to be proven guilty by a preponderance of evidence. I can say this much that in support for Lady C I will no longer purchase Items from them. If I do find something I like I will contact the creater directly and hope something can be worked out. Shame on you Rosity and remember this what goes around always comes around.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:38 PM

LOLOL! I'm sorry, but I just have to be amused by this. Now I'm working on the assumption that this is plain old-fashioned incompetence rather than a conspiracy, and frankly, that makes it hilarious. Why? Lady Cherry was already an established column of the community when I joined several years ago! Combine that with the " We have extensive experience in the amount of time it takes for a site to move up to the number two spot" statement, and we have a Kati-chan ROTFL'ing. What can I say? I'm easily amused.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:52 PM

I just keep wondering if Renderosity is on a mission to piss off and alienate as many members as possible... It WILL cut down on site traffic, though. bonni (no longer at ALL surprised about ANYthing they do here)

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 10:56 PM

Very interesting... I really don't know what to think other than someone may have utterly misinterpreted or misunderstood Lady Cherry's / Rendervision's legitimate stats. She and her site - from its birth as Poserosity to its metamorphosis into Rendervisions has proven longevity and presence on the web. She's come a long way for herself and her site and had to endure setbacks not of her creating. Not to mention she's a very generous and all around nice lady.

I know for a FACT that this isn't the first time an RO representative (employee/volunteer) has acted beyond the bounds of legal interpretation or full & proper knowledge of all pertaining facts. I'm hoping that this will come to light, that her webrings stats can be returned to her, and that a huge apology is given.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 11:09 PM

I hope Lyrra or others here can forward this thread to those in charge before it gets out of hand. I'm also surprised at the direct and seemingly-unsubstantiated claim that Lady Cherry received, but I just don't believe that there's any great conspiracy behind Renderosity's actions. Let's hear their reasoning behind this before everyone starts packing their bags. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 11:32 PM

~just blinks and waits to read more shaking her head~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 11:54 PM

This thread has been brought to the Admins attention. They are looking into it. I'll let you all know as much as I can as soon as I get any information Lyrra

Foxseelady ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 12:39 AM

I must say this has peaked my interest. Hopefully it is all a mistake, that somehow it was missed that the site had a name change. I went over and had a look see, alot of what is offered there, I have seen go through here. It would be a sin to think that this would not get worked out and put right. Just my two cents....

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 2:11 AM

Lady C, Just joined up over at Rendervisions to show my support for your contribution to the 3D and Poser community :) For one, I'm glad there are alternatives.

spook ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 2:20 AM

ditto, lady c. i've just joined, too.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 3:18 AM

Good - another Poser site...just joined up

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 4:09 AM

Lady C - I've joined but I'm err... getting lots of errors trying to do anything... (for instance, entering the forum I get... Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rendervisions/web/header.php:32) in /home/rendervisions/web/includes/sessions.php on line 251) Might just be a temporary glitch :) As for the rest of all this... It's silly. I love the people round here and I would hate to lose this community, but I'm starting to care less and less for what goes on. I'm a customer darnit. I buy stuff. Ok, what I buy may only be pocketchange, but... I'm starting to get fed up with the stuff I keep seeing and I've come here for years, if you want to check my User ID. It's been around for god only knows how long. I'd say 4 years or more at least. It's only been in the last 6 or so months that things have started to rapidly go downhill (or maybe I just didn't notice) What gives???

Silke

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 4:37 AM

Rendervisions? hadn't heard of that one, looks like I'll be wandering over for a peek shortly too ;)

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 5:18 AM

Sounds to me like a classic case of shooting first and asking questions later.

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 5:20 AM

Hmm... I just registered in Rendervisions as well :)

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 5:24 AM

... and bookmarked Rendervisions as well :) Seems like a good publicity stunt to me :) Only joking, in truth I'm appalled by the email rosity admins sent to LC.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 6:48 AM

Wow... Renderosity is censoring something... now that's suprising... (Did you catch the rolling of the eyes and sarcastic tone of voice) While I love the community and thank everyone here for their help, the admins here have the trigger finger of Billy the Kid. That's the problem with having no accountability.... you can pretty much do whatever you want and not worry about. If I treated the users at my company even a fraction of the way some of the admins treat people here... I'd be fired in a heartbeat. Why? Accountability. I'm held responsible for my mistakes. Are they here? Nope. I guess that's why it's good to be a god... you don't have to answer to anyone.... and you can blame everything on the devil.

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 6:49 AM

Hi Lady C, I am very sorry to hear of this action and am on my way to visit your site. It sounds wonderful! Warm Regards, Nancy Deer With Horns (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 7:08 AM

Oh get over it it's not worth it, us little monkeys are at the bottom of the tree your pissing from!

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 7:27 AM

DarkMatter_ Spoken like a true noob.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 7:35 AM

Absolutly horendous!!!!! shakes head....I didn't know about this site either....now that I'm registered :). Another place to shop....WHOOOOHOOOOO.

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 7:40 AM

"If I treated the users at my company even a fraction of the way some of the admins treat people here... I'd be fired in a heartbeat. Why? Accountability. I'm held responsible for my mistakes. Are they here? Nope." And nobody really cares. They bitch about it for a little while and then forget all about it. The only time people REALLY care is if it's affecting them, personally, in a profound way. Little pokes and prods, especially if they happen to someone else, can be blown off pretty easily... bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 7:59 AM

Not true Elizabyte... I remember when there was just one main Poser community site... but they did some things that pissed people off and there was a split... some people went one way... some people went another... You've only been at Renderosity for a little over a year... us old timers remember a very big split in the Poser community that happened because people in charge didn't listen to the people of the community enough. It's still somewhat like the Hatfields and the McCoys with some members of Renderosity and 3DCommune. However, the nice thing that came out of it was that there ARE now two main poser community sites...

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 8:27 AM

I count more than that....and none of them are perfect, because they are all run by falliable people. I visit at least four of what I consider vibrant communities; a fifth I don't because I made a mistake and the owner, instead of being gracious, decided she wanted me to grovel at her feet for my sins. Sorry, no grovelling. And no shopping there. But people have plenty of choices, and I find all I need and want at the others I visit. And that's true of all of us. I honestly think, and this represents my viewpoint only, that Renderosity as an entity is going through some changes and changes are never problem free. I hope this one is resolved because I do think Lady Cherry has a point....but I also think a better, more descriptive subject heading and posting in the Forum News and Team Contact would have had more potential for getting a response from the adminsitrators. Fortunately Lyrra has taken care of bringing it their attention, and I hope, I really do, that this can be resolved civilly. I can hope. Because I don't think name calling gets us anywhere.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 8:52 AM

Dialyn... I say two main Poser communities because these two sprung from the original "main" poser community. There are definatley more, although some are more specialized, like Renderotica (erotica)and Animotions (comics). Still, I doubt with as many regular members as 3DCommune and Renderosity.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 8:59 AM

Actually I think you're both wrong ookami & dialyn, Renderosity is not a community nor is any other site that anyone cares to mention. The poser community is the people who visit the sites & who use poser. The people running rosity need a reality check once in a while, rosity is not the entire universe when it comes to poser, never has been & never will be.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 9:05 AM

Good point c1rcle... The community is the people... Renderosity and 3DCommune and the others are just places to meet.

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 9:12 AM

As a matter of fact, I've had an account here since 2000. I was offline and away from the communities for a little over a year when I was pregnant (difficult pregnancy) and when I came back here, my membership had expired, so I had to renew it (and that's where the visible date comes from) If you could see my purchase history, you'd see it goes back to 2000. My purchase history at 3D Commune also goes back to 2000. My purchase history with DAZ goes back to before they were DAZ (i.e., the Zygote days). My point was that the majority of users here don't seem to care much what goes on. They come, they shop, they may drop in on the forums (or not; I didn't use the forums until pretty recently), they don't care much about the behind-the-scenes activities and politics. Certainly not enough to actually do much about it (other than bitch a little bit). Basically, the admins can do pretty much whatever they want, without accountability. Now and then, yes, small groups break off and form new sites/stores, but still, Renderosity trundles on doing the same old same old. That's basic human nature, though. I don't expect any more or less from human beings than to be human. bonni

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 9:38 AM

Sad, but not exactly surprising. You can always count on Renderosity for entertainment.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.