Sat, Oct 5, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:41 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: OT Artist dies

sacada ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 2:39 AM

That is very sad and tragic news. Condolences

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:04 AM

That's so sad. He was one of the real good guys :(

Petunia ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:17 AM

Billy truly made each and every one of his customers feel like they were friends and neighbors even though we were all scattered. He will be sorely missed by the many many lives he has touched with his gentle ways. Diana

karanta ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:26 AM

Very, very sad :( My condolences to his family and friends.

My Renderosity Store

Sprinter ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:53 AM

OMG! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

nightfir ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:00 AM · edited Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:08 AM

This is so sad. My thoughts are for his family and friends. I can see him now sitting in a rockingchair outside his little sweetwood cottage enjoying the sun. As to his stuff on the marketplace... I suppose it will all get handled ie estate via his will etc. Which in some cases can take a long time to straighten out. Here's hoping for the best Brad.

Message edited on: 06/19/2004 04:04

Message edited on: 06/19/2004 04:08

Modulok ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:21 AM

My condolences. -Modulok-

deemarie ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:23 AM

"Tears flow down my face Oh lonely will be this place To hear he has entered an endless sleep With only his memory to keep" Billy was respected as an artist, revered as a merchant, and treasured as a friend. His departure will leave an emptiness in the community yet, may his passing bring us together to celebrate his life! Gentle Hugs to you Billy, Dee-Marie

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:43 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his family.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 4:47 AM

This is very, very sad news. Can't say any more than what's already been said. What a very sad loss.

Gill

kawecki ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:12 AM

Very sad, my condolences to his family.

Stupidity also evolves!

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:50 AM

My condolences to his loved ones and friends :(

hazelfaye ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 5:55 AM

What awful news, how very sad, my condolences to his family

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 6:23 AM

We have all suffered a huge loss. Not only his talent but his kind gentle nature. I remember my small talks with him so long ago....this is truly a sad sad day. Our thoughts are with all his family and friends and our prayers are with you. Sincere sympathy, for we have lost a great artist and creator. Sharen and Mike

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 6:53 AM

Damn. Damndamndamndamn. Heartfelt sympathies for family and friends....

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 7:39 AM

I am so sad:-( I always loved talking to him and he was such a nice person.

rasputina ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 7:41 AM

I am so very sorry, my sincere condolences to Ironhart's family and friends, prayers are with you and yours.

dfsmetsfan ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:09 AM

My heartfelt condolences to his family. This is a terrible loss and he will be greatly missed.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:11 AM

OMG! :(...the indeed is very sad news, we have lost a great artist & friend. My heartfelt condolences go out his family. DAMN!!!! So young :(

ivyroses ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:49 AM

This is very sad news. My condolences to his family & friends.

deemarie ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:07 AM

Attached Link: http://community.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=6803

Please take the time to post your respects for ironhart on the Renderosity "In Memoriam" page. [see link above - or click on the **In Memoriam** link on the sidebar under Hightlights] Dee-Marie

SimonWM ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:14 AM

I'm very sorry tohear this. My condolences to his family & friends.

Fillingim ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:33 AM

This is a terrible loss and he will truly be missed. My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends. Fillingim

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:43 AM

My condolences. (I'd think that if PayPal were given the death certificate or US equivalent they'd transfer the funds to his nominated bank account, from whence the executors could transfer them to his heirs, though if his family lack email they'd likely need help in dealing with PP)

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:49 AM

What a terrible shock - sorry to hear this! My prayers go with him and his family! God Bless!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

geep ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:58 AM

file_113340.jpg

With deepest regrets, dr geep ;=[

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

linnymac ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 9:59 AM

Such a tragedy to lose someone so young and so talented. My sympathies to his family and friends.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:02 AM

Sad, sad news. I never knew Ironhart, but was familiar with his work and tested several of his MP items (truly quality work). I understand he was a very generous and kind person. My condolences to his family and friends. -silver

linwhite ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:05 AM

Oh, God...NO!!!

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:07 AM · edited Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:09 AM

It is a sad day for the community and a sad day for his family and friends. My condolences to his family and friends. This is indeed a shock. He will be missed...

Message edited on: 06/19/2004 10:09

spinner ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:14 AM

Condolences. I knew his work, but not him but my sympathies to his family ~S

Richabri ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:22 AM

Very sad news indeed. My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:44 AM

my condolences to all that were especially near, and dear to him. i am glad that he touched all of our lives, in his space of time, with his wonderful talent.

keweljewels ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 10:56 AM

I am so sad, my condolences to his family and friends. I loved his houses and had a few. The few times I talked to him he was very kind and gentle. My dream was to someday have them all. Its sad but whereever he is at he will find peace. I would like to think he is living in his villiage now, in a place where there is no poverty, or illness, but in joy and in peace.

romanceworks ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:00 AM

This is very very sad news. A huge and heartbreaking loss. Our sincere condolences to those closest to Billy. Carol & LJ

SeanE ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:32 AM

my condolences and here's an idea since people seem to know him in real life ... why doesn't someone create a new paypal/payment account for his renderosity marketplace products and then someone at renderosity get off ther butts and get into the rendo-code to redirect the payments to this new account, and then someone (maybe the same one who set up the new paypal account!...) contacts his family and tells them how to access the money then at least if anything gets bought from rendo, the money doesn't just benefit paypal... and renderosity... ?????? yes? yes?

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:33 AM

This is just so... DAMN!!! :-((

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:40 AM

Although I didn't know him very well, the conversations we did exchange thru emails and IM's always led me to believe he was a kind and generous person, and I considered him a friend. My heart is very sad and heavy hearing this news. My deepest sympathies go to his family, friends, and loved ones. God Bless you Billy! Deb

Debbie M.

cecemckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.tartanthemes.com

How terrible. My condolences to all.

Cece Devlin McKenzie
http://www.tartanthemes.com
Cece@cecemckenzie.com

simdragon ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 12:35 PM

My sympathies to his family and friends.

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 12:44 PM

This is such a shock, as much of a shock as when my ex-husband/still friend died almost the same way: young, no one knew he was THAT sick, and he refused treatment, and has been depressed in some way... it was like he was just done with this life and ready to go on. I hold on to my personal belief that we do not die- we go on, we are still us, but no longer sick, depressed, we are free from the pain whatever manner of pain that is/was. Please don't blame yourselves, but yes, you need to go through all the parts of greif which includes anger and guilt... but he would want you to let the guilt go, I am sure! Love and good thoughts to you, Billy. (oh my gawd...my ex's name was Bill too... it just sunk in... how very strange). I am going to go cry now.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Strixowl ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 1:08 PM

Peace to you Ironhart and a great deal of love & respect. Blessings, Strixowl

FlyByNight ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 2:06 PM

It broke my heart to read this. M deepest condolences to his friends and family. I lost my husband in December, he was 56, and agree that is much too young to leave this world. But I think of IronHart in one of his lovely cottages now, my husband sailing the seas, both free of pain. You will be missed.

FlyByNight

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:08 PM

condolences to the family. If the man was ill and refused to see a doctor, well that was his choice, he may have had reasons unknown to anyone else. But it is rough on the survivors. Re: products in store and Paypal. Any assetts become part of his estate. The appointed executor has the responsibility of identifying those assetts and ensuring the collection and distribution of them to his heirs (if any). If he kept reasonable records all bank accounts, insurance policies etc are fairly readily identified. The best action to take (in my opinion) is NOT to make changes, particularly since he can't authorise them. By all means the people who administer the store should perhaps ensure account information is made available TO THE EXECUTOR AFTER PROPER IDENTIFICATION. I am sure that the store operators are able to get good legal advice on the contract issues. There is no reason why his products could not continue to be sold - as long as they are inherited by someone. They do NOT become public domain in any case for some years after death - I don't know the time for this type of product.

vggarcia ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:10 PM

I am truly moved by the host of condolences that have been posted here for Billy. I think he would be humbled and shocked to know how many people cared about him. He was often a pain, and you either loved him or hated him, but as someone correctly pointed out, you would be hard pressed to find a more generous guy despite his flaws. I had a dream last night in which he came to me and said he was ok, and I hope that's the case. Things will just never be the same for me, anyway, and I am grateful to see how much his life impacted the people here, so many of which he enjoyed interacting with, and whose talents he admired (especially Lynn's). Post 87 had a wonderful idea that I also thought of. Maybe someone here who has all his houses (like Lynn) can post them for Billy and get the money to his family since obviously billy can no longer send the artwork to any buyers. If any of you want to do this I'll try to get the address of his aunt and cousin so a check or something cen be endorsed over to them. Not sure how Renderosity would view doing this, but I can tell you no one left in his family is online and would have any interest or understanding of what to do with his art here, so anyone who knew him that would like to do this for him would be doing his family a favor. Billy wouldn't mind. Please also keep his online GF in your prayers. She's been in the process of moving and may have been offline, and she's going to find out about this by opening her email and seeing a note from me, telling her Billy died yesterday. I know it'll hit her like a hammer in the face, but I had no other way to tell her. I especially want to say thanx to Lynn for all she did for him. He never stopped expressing his admiration for her textures, and I know he hoped to do many more projects with her

juleyanne ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:23 PM

So young, so sad, My condolences to his family!! :(

drgnmztr ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 3:29 PM

As A fellow artist I add my sympathy as well. I pray he is happy in his new home and environment and out of the pain he was apparently suffering here in the physical world. But he will always be around all of us if we keep him in our hearts and minds.. He will be in mine.. Michael Suiter

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:17 PM

Oh how sad. My sincere condolences to his loved ones.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 8:53 PM

Oh my gosh.....I have an ache right in the pit of my stomache. I loved Billy's work. His little cottages were the best. I just put his little spinning wheel in my shopping cart yesterday. Billy was always so nice and helpful. Before I got Poser, he was willing to let me get help from Linwhite and Sharen at Sam's to convert some of his stuff to a Vue format so I could use it. I am very sad about this. He truly will be missed. My heart goes out to his family.

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2004 at 11:39 PM

This is indeed sad news. At this time his store will remain active. Renderosity will ensure that his account information is provided to the executor of his estate. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.