Tue, Oct 22, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Attn:Renapd-Leona & Posette?

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:33 AM

As usual, Leona, like your other creations, is fantastic. But what about the people who don't have or can't afford to buy Vicky and/or her clothes? My guess is there's a lot more people who just don't have enough disposable income in this community, to buy extras (like Vicky and/or her clothes). Vicky,etc. isn't that inexpensive, as you know. For some people, it's a lot of money. I only mention this because Leona is so wonderful, and it means that a lot of people can't take advantage of your generous and beautiful offer. Everyone here has Posette. Everyone doesn't have Vicky.

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 2:41 PM

Well its the old saying you can't please all the folks all the time :o)......we keep getting lots of requests for vikki stuff and at the same time if we bring out vikki or p4 items we get requests for the item to be made for the opposite figure LOL...so as you see its a no win situation unless we make an item for every variation so possette gets the most attention but poor vikki needs pampering now and then :o)......hope this helps, Steve

jnmoore ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 3:02 PM

Rena has a lot of P4 fairies at her site already, and there are more at Thorn Works. There ARE those of us who have been fortunate enough to have the wherewithall to purchase Vickie -- should we be totally excluded so your feelings won't be hurt? I understand that some of you are just starting out in life and have very limited discretionary funds -- I too was in that category for many years (I started in the US Army at the fantastic pay rate of $75.00 (US) per month), but now I am doing well, as I'm sure you will be also later on in life, so chill out and let the rest of us have a little fun, too.... -Jim

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 3:17 PM

gosh, Rena and Steve have made oodles of things for P4. I am so glad there are a few new things for Vicky. Obviously you can't please everyone all the time, so this time, its folks with Vicky S. Check out all the other goodies at PoserWorld and FairyWoods for P4--you'll be amazed.

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 4:58 PM

Maybee some of the goddies can be moved with morphmanager to a P4-Character. BTW: it's just a suggestion, haven't prouved that yet. SHARKEY

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 5:35 PM

That might be a solution,Sharkey. Would you be willing to try it and give us a report? By the way, I didn't mean to imply that things should only be made for Posette. I was just wondering if there was some way that Leona could be translated to the Posette formula, as well. There are a lot of wondrous creations in P4. Even some P3 stuff is still available, no shortage there. Renapd has contributed many of them, too.

tbsro ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 8:15 PM

I just wanted to agree that I thin Victoria is way too expensive and if she were $29.99 I would have bought her with accessories a long time ago. (ZYGOTE! HINT HINT! CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?) :)

michalki ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 1:28 AM

Zygote is a major supplier of Poser stuff, as everyone on this Forum should know. I don't want to sound unsympathetic to those who have not yet bought Vicky because "she's too expensive," but in order for any company providing goods to a very limited market to survive, people have to be willing to shell out some bucks once in a while if they want a future for their hobby/business/art. Which is not to say I think Zygote can't be a much better company, a more innovative company, a more responsive company, but come on, they're not all that bad! When I first got interested in computing, I noticed a similar lack of suport among users of Atari computers. A good machine, but too many Atari users were, in plain English, cheapskates who once they bought their first machine, only bought bargain basement used accessories afterward & who thought $100 was way too much to spend for any hardware. Well, guess what? Is Atari still a big name in the desktop computer market, as they were in the early 1980s? I don't think so. How to come up with the price of Vicky if you don't earn a fortune every week? How about avoiding MacDonald's or cigarettes for a month or so? There's your sixty bucks right there! If something is really important to you, sixty dollars or even a few hundred dollars is not that hard to come by. That also begs the question: if Poser is not a very important part of someone's life, why screw around with it at all? Sorry if my comments offend, but this issue of free stuff versus stuff you have to buy is always coming up on the Forum & it always mystifies me that in America in 2000 people who have spent more than $200 on Poser4 would be unwilling to pay $60 for a terrific adjunct to Poser. By the way, like many other people, I work at home, have a small handicap & struggle to pay my rent & other bills, but if Zygote came out with a new improved Vicky for $100, I'd buy her in a minute because apart from being a pretty good product, it's obvious that without my support, Zygote won't be around for long.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 3:03 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I don't have Vicky either but found I could still get the props. Just make sure you have steve's cape and Thorne's wings and go ahead and open up the file. You'll get some errors about looking for .obj's and maybe textures. Just click through them and then ..... wait. I mean patiently cause it may take a while. But eventually you'll end up with "something" in place of Vicky. For me it was John Ghastley's spanish dress! All the props were there though so I saved them to the libraries. You'll get: the hair, the paws for the bikini top front, the two lion's tails on the sides, the spear, the lion chain for the cape and the headress, and of course don't forget to save in your characters libraries the wings and cape (separately, so you can use them with whoever you like). That's it. You can try adapting Rena's texture for Vicky's bikini to Posette's bikini although I'm sure there are leopard bikini textures out there. If not, drop me a line. The only other thing that would be missing is the character's face but if you do a search in Fairywoods for morphs Rena has a set of six face morphs for Posette which you may find useful. Btw, I tried using morph manager to copy props to another PZ3 but it kept crashing. file too big I assume.

wal ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 4:56 AM

Michalki, avoiding McDonalds for one month? No problem. Avoiding cigarettes for just one day - NO way! :) But I agree with everything else you wrote. But on the other hand we have also to keep in mind that younger people like Anime786 (and some others) can't spend 50-100 $ every month or so just for a hobby. Thank god there are so many skilled contributors to the free downloads, making stuff for Vicky/Mike as well as for the default Poser figures! - wal

jnmoore ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 6:56 AM

Robert.Sharkey: It isn't possible to transfer Vickie morphs to P4 because the mesh, upon which the morphs are based, is different. HOWEVER -- if I remember correctly, I think Rena said the head of "Leona" is a P4 female head "grafted" onto Vickie's body, so the face morphs would be transferable to posette. I've tried doing that on other characters (and also exporting the morphs) using Morph Manager, but have so far been unsuccessful. There may be another way, however, for those of you willing to mess around with Java a bit.... Download "Compose V 1.1" from Traveler's site at BBay and follow the directions (those of you with Mac's will also need to download John Wind's Mac package as well). Compose is capable of extracting morphs and saving them out as obj files, which can then be applied to another character using the techniques described in the Poser 4 manual. 'Hope this helps you all.... BTW: Compose V1.1 and John Wind's Mac package are free. You can download any neccessary Java packages you may need from Apple or Microsoft (also free). There are also tutorials available at Traveler's site on how to use Compose V1.1.... - Jim Moore

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 8:24 AM

Michalki, I agree with you 100%. I remember the Atari and other sections in the old Computer Shopper, it got to be sort of a "hobbiest" thing, and with nobody spending money it eventually just faded away. Zygote's Vickie is what is keeping intrest in Poser alive right now, pending new stuff from Curious labs. Vickie is also a big improvement in her own right, and I think well worth the money. I will probably not be making any more items for the Posette, only offering Vickie items that can be made to work with her, like the Hollywood hair.

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 10:40 AM

But you can adapt some of these things such as hair. I adapted all the transmapped hairs to Vicky, so see no reason its not possible to go 'backward'. BTW, love the Hollywood hair, Jim S. Just got it. I haven't gotten Leona yet, but am sure, with Kalypso's suggestions, you can adapt P4 to something very similar with all the props, etc.

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 11:50 AM

Kalypso,I'm glad to hear that it's possible to translate to Posette. That was one of my main points, a way for people to use whatever format they have available, if at all possible. You don't have to be a student or a teen to have a somewhat limited budget. If you're one of the lucky ones, that's great. There are a lot of people with kids, mortgages,etc. who are on a very tight budget. Everybody in this "Great Economy" is not making money all over the place. Some people are barely getting by, some aren't even getting by. My job puts me in contact with people from all walks of life. I'm not talking off the top of my head. Some people here may even be using someone else's computer and programs. We don't know that, either.

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 12:07 PM

P.S. I used to be an Amiga fan,I loved the Amiga, I supported the Amiga and it had a very dedicated user base. What happened? The Amiga tanked because the people running the company, ran it into the ground with incompetence and lack of owner support. It never really recovered. No one got it right, and it died. A premature and needless death. Even the Mac has made a pretty good comeback. I still have my Amiga, I wish I could find a way to include some of the programs I have for it, in my PC. Amiga's OS needed very little of the memory, and required a lot less RAM to do a lot more. But it's gone now, and I really miss it.

Karl_H ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 12:14 PM

All I wanted to say was thanks to the givers like Rena, Steve and many others. Because of what they produce we the takers actually have something to take for free. No charge, no cost, not even a thank you note is needed to get some first class addons to Poser. As the Poser3 figures replaced the Poser2 ones, Possette has replaced Poser3, and now Vickie replaces Possette, this time next year something will replace Vickie, For those on a budget you will be one version behind the rest. Karl

D0GG0D ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 12:37 PM

I don't have Vic. so I really can't put her beside my other downloads but, I think more should be done for the great works that are free. Nene is just one example. Some of these characters are really good and probably better than the ones you have to buy. ( they are free )

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 1:28 PM

We will never stop making stuff for the P4 figures, infact I'd go as far as saying that MOST of our stuff will be for the P4 figures for 2 reasons, the first being that if you own Poser you have the standard figures so you can please most of the folk and those not 100% happy can use polyette :o) and second, I don't like the way Vikki looks so I don't enjoy making stuff for her as much as I do the standard figures, thats not to knock the job Zygote did on her its just a personal taste thing......We will be making stuff for Michael though coz he rocks :o)........Jim are you doing anymore hair buddy coz the hollywood hair is just awesome man WE NEED MORE and after a discussion on the poser list lots more folks agree :o)............Steve

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 2:29 PM

DOGGOD, you can use any of the P4 stuff for Nene and Kozaburo's other characters. You may have to slightly alter it just a bit, but for all intents and purposes, its just the P4. The face/texture are the big issues with her, I believe. Almost all of Rena's things are P4 except for Leona and Rose (from Titan) as far as I remember. She did a couple of textures for some Vicky clothing I think (the evening dress??), but almost everything else of Steve's and Rena's are P4 so will fit Nene and others G. Steve--I'm excited about you doing some things for Mike--I love him too--and feel really hindered by not having some cool things for him. I haven't had time to do much with his clothing, but suspect that I actually 'could' do more by using transmaps and new textures. Still, I'd like some new 'basic shapes' to work with. And--I can't wait until the new CD--I have WarriorDL's Mike composite, so I can use your men's P4 things with him. Diane

D0GG0D ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 2:59 PM

Thanks for the info Picnic. I'm new to this so I tend to ask questions before I try something. So....can't Vic.s clothes be altered too or are they just to different to be easy? I haven't tried either yet. I'd like to add to my above message that a lot of stuff like partial and full morphs and textures are also needed for these free characters. Seeing a cool character created from another one and then not having the files to use it really sucks. Once I get better at what I'm doing I'll stick with something everyone can enjoy.

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 3:13 PM

DOGGOD, do you know about Traveler's site--MorphWorld??? YOu can add any morph from his site or anywhere else to any of these characters--if they are for P4(and he has more than one can imagine). In truth, I have some of my own older P4 'characters' that are based on Nene with added morphs and I mix and match textures all the time-plus I took some of Nene's morphs and added to other characters. Try using any other P4 texture ( and there are gaboodles--look at HappyWorldLand, for instance, but in Freestuff here too)on Nene or any of your other P4 characters. Add some morphs with morph manager, change hair--anything that is P4 based can be used on any other P4 based character--I mean textures, clothing, etc.--sometimes you have to adjust if they are morphed heavily in the body. I have not tried taking Vicky's clothing to P4, but mainly because there is so much P4 clothing there is no real need. In fact there is a composite Vic head/P4 body done primarily so we can use P4 clothing and still have the wonderful Vicky head. Vicky's clothing pak from Zygote is very good and very flexible IMO with other transmaps and textures, but you won't get anything you don't have for P4 somewhere already. I think you will find that there are very few characters that you won't be able to use with the basic P4 models. There is not much out there for Vicky and very little for Mike--other than the fairly basic Zygote clothing pak--altho' there are lots of textures and transmaps to transform Vicky's clothes. If you aren't sure about some of the characters, ask--or read the 'readme' which normally states that they are P4 based.

D0GG0D ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 10:24 AM

That's good news. Thanks for all the feedback picnic. One last question. Can Vic.s textures be used on P4? I seem to remember seeing something about remapping the P4 some place, maybe even there. I'll have to double check. I've been there a few times. I like the comic sight and renderosity better. I'm not ready to form my own character yet and like seeing what effects morphs already included in custom character have. I like the Hulk morph by ? and most of the characters at Succubus Nation. I'm interested in creating a comic. I really can't get over the realistic look in other models though and hope to apply it to unrealistic body styles.

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 10:53 AM

No, textures are model specific. If it is a P4 texture it will only fit P4 characters and if it is for Vicky, then only for Vicky and Vicky characters. However, you can adapt a Vicky texture for P4 or vice versa. I have done it with several of Anton's photorealistic textures (found at Propsguild, I believe) and one of dthuregrif's--adapted for Vicky. You need to have an understanding of how to create a texture and also how to use a graphics program with layers, but once you do, you can 'adapt'--but never use directly one for the other.

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 11:28 AM

It was more rhetorical than absolute when I started it. But so many good hints and helps for the Vicky-deprived have come in, it's taken on a whole new slant. As usual, Renderosity and its' community, have more than lived up to expectations. They've exceeded them.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 1:53 PM

Steve- yes, I will surely do more hair, I've finally got a "system" that works for me. Hair is one thing I will also be producing for the Posette, but only in combo sets for the other figures as well. I've been very happy with the way the "Hollywood hair" looks and the comments people have made about it.

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 2:25 PM

Thats great news Jim, can't wait :o)...........Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.