Sun, Sep 22, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: to anyone who has bought the Renda character

TamiL ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:43 PM

I think I'll just keep my money and file the beta version from yesterday in my HaHa file!! Personally I would be ashamed if this were my product, especially when it could have been pulled yesterday when all the merchants got ahold of it and spelled out the issues.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:45 PM

"I was just trying to shed a positive view on her by stating that she does have potential and tho her release is rather obviously premature, with a little work she could be a very good model. She's not worthless crap." And I was just judging her as is. Sure, there's potential once she's fixed. But anybody snatching her up today thinking, "Oh boy, a new toy!" is going to be sadly disappointed until a fix is provided. And yes, I'm sure they'll fix her eventually, maybe even soon, but that's not the point. The point is that they're taking people's money NOW, for a figure that may (or may not) work sometime in the future. And with that attitude, I see no reason to to shed a positive view on anything they do. Honestly, if I released a product that screwed up by accident I'd be extremely ashamed. To do it on purpose, just because you're too damned money-hungry to wait until its fixed, is unforgivable. And that's all I'm going to say. Customers, you've been warned.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:06 PM

"Honestly, if I released a product that screwed up by accident I'd be extremely ashamed. To do it on purpose, just because you're too damned money-hungry to wait until its fixed, is unforgivable." I gotta go with the Xman on this one. If I spent my cash on this figure before reading this thread, Id be PISSED to the max and demanding my money back. Just what the poserverse needs, another female figure, and one thats terribly flawed. :::Snicker:::

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:06 PM

"Honestly, if I released a product that screwed up by accident I'd be extremely ashamed. To do it on purpose, just because you're too damned money-hungry to wait until its fixed, is unforgivable." I gotta go with the Xman on this one. If I spent my cash on this figure before reading this thread, Id be PISSED to the max and demanding my money back. Just what the poserverse needs, another female figure, and one thats terribly flawed. :::Snicker:::

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:17 PM

well I did buy her before this thread and after trying her I am not real happy. I wonder if refunds will be issued. I don't care at this point if it's a gift certificate

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:17 PM

file_258607.jpg

First of All I wouldn't call her crap...Yes she does need some fixing...But Daz Models also had problems when they first came out and people were glad when the updates came out...There's no need to be harsh about the new product...

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:22 PM

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:22 PM

bm

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:22 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:23 PM

She is lumpy...her arms look like huge bags of cellulite flopping around...there are bumps & bulges all over the darn place. There are even some on her knees(see pic in gallery)...and a bulge coming out of her foot(see gallery again).

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 14:23

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:24 PM

Sorry, artistheat...she looks so top-heavy there! I'm waiting for her to fall over at any given moment. ;)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:26 PM

and a bulge coming out of her foot Bunions?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:28 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=985115&Start=1&Sectionid=0&filter_genre_id=0&Form.Se

LOL at Xeno....nope...I do believe based on where it is...her arches are falling :) Note the lumps on the right knee/bulge coming out of left foot & the bulge in upper left arm close to the arm pit....IMHO major mesh distortions & flaws. Hope they get her fixed up.

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 14:35

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:36 PM

In real life, I've known a few women who approached being that top-heavy. Not many, but a few.

And they usually had "big everything else" to go along with the extra cup size.

A woman with a naturally thin overall build coupled with a big (natural) chest is a true rarity. It happens -- but it's highly unusual.

Ah, well......that'll neither persuade me to purchase a model: nor will it automatically put me off.

I'll see what they do with her. She might even become a worthy figure for my runtime.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:36 PM

artistheat, great lighting but the subject is hideous. OO Wow, at least Judy's mesh was mainly smooth. ^^;

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:37 PM

@ artistheat...that's great..at least we know her boobies morph. ROFLMAO...that's always a plus :) J/k - being sarcastic ;p

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:44 PM

Why would a small handfull of us that are not merchants buy this? If all merchants got her for free, I can't see very many sales. Now if they did the same as V3 and gave her to all of us, I could see a market in addonns and products. I'll wait and see what happens. But I can't see me paying for her. Just my thoughts. Long BM.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:46 PM

artistheat, I can see some major problems in your render of her....the crease above her breasts into her chest wall are not natural at all...the creasing of her right arm in a position where there shouldn't be any creasing. The point is, why bring out a new model that has the same problems and even some new ones that we already have with the mil people? This model should be BETTER...I see no inovations here. New models should be different, innovative, an improvement of what we already have, this one isn't. I have the base model and there is no way I'm going to spend one cent on any products, let alone spend money on morphs that you need to even make her different. A bikini and a model and expressions does not make for a good model when that's 29.95 to begin with. Let's do the math: Base model- $29.95..you get the model, expressions, bikini. I don't count the templates as those should be free anyway. Morph Pack-$24.95- In this pack you get all of the morphs so you can actually start using the character....still no texture. Texture set- $19.95 Finally, some textures to go with the model. Total of $74.85 ($75.00) to get her to the place you can do renders with her. OR You can buy the whole pack for $54.95...but you have to wait until you get the CD. Plus the money for shipping and handling which is 3.50...total of $58.45 (60.00) Personally, I think she looks a LOT like Vicki. She shouldn't have been released yet, she has far too many problems. I can't even evaluate it as a merchant, I don't have the whole character. I can't tell if the morphs will make the known problems better or worse...and I'm not going to spend money to find out. She simply is not different enough to justify spending money on her. Totally my own opinion, your own mileage may vary :)

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:50 PM

Is it just me or is there a strange ridge above her breasts in artistheat's render.?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:53 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:54 PM

Not just you..there is a very deep ridge above her breasts....even more noticeable over the right one(the pics right)....so much for morphing boobs to size FFF ;) DAMN! LOL

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 14:54

vilian ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:15 PM

I wouldn't buy her even with fixed bugs. Too much like V3, not much of (and too expensive) support. They could've make those promos better. On the first promo pic her arms looks worse than Posette's. And that bikini top looks like something made really too fast. It's plain ugly, and all those strings pose very unnatural on her body.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:16 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:31 PM

I am always a little shocked by bad presentation from people who should know better. Putting aside the fact that the product is not finished, bad presentation is an instant turn off for me. Think back to V3's presentation - whatever you think of V3, it was professional and that gives you confidence in the merchant. Basic marketing.

Compare the Renda presentation from rpublishing to that of Blackhearted's presentation for his add on morph - professional, and attractive. He knows how to sell a product, though, saying that I would add that he also has a deserved reputation for quality - you can be certain his morph will be as good as it looks in his renders!

The rpublishing presentation uses poor renders and awful composition. It doesn't give you confidence in their design skills or aesthetic sensabilities. When you consider that they don't have a track record to sell on, this is product suicide in my book, however good the product may be. (or not, as the case may be)

This sort of poor launch also lets down the merchants who have invested their time to provide initial support, there are some of the best here - they are worth more than this!

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 15:31

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:25 PM

file_258610.jpg

I am having problems getting the morphs to load. My system is a Pent. 3.2 with a gig of ram and I sit here forever waiting for all the morphs to load.

Anyway, here is a quick pic using DM's new set with her.

Jerry McCant

Jovial ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:27 PM

Just thought, the release timing might actually be very important.

Think:

Don has his Judy,
M3 has his V3 (and/or SP3),
James has his Jessie,

And now there is lonely Mr. (rather bendy and gorgeous-lookin) ApolloMaximus with no-one to get close to.

It is so obvious, Renda must be the intended partner of Mr. AMAX.

They do say opposites attract.

Thanks to all for the very honest and frank info about Renda and her failings. I will definitely save my money for when ByAnton makes his female counterpart of ApolloMaximus.

Also much nearer to the top of my shopping list is Jim Burtons excellent (although slightly anorexic) revamp of Jessie as Glamorous Jess.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:33 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:36 PM

Well, the aftermarket products are nice that is for sure :)

But I'm still not buying into it, if you will forgive the pun. All of the beautiful second skins, skin textures, architecture and morphs are simply not going to hide the fact that the mesh still needs work.

I hope that they make the appropriate changes, the uv mapping is a freaking nightmare, the resources that are going to be used or have to be used are not for the faint of heart, simply because of the uvmapping.

Even though they have been working on it for "months" as we have been told, it's still seems like a rush job to me.

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 15:36

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:35 PM

Wish DM would release the same set for V3, won't be buying this one anytime soon. Marque

XFX3d ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:38 PM

ODOL: Want to show one with different colours between the meshes to see the deviations more easily, i.e. maybe red on one and green on the other?

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:39 PM

Bookmark

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

XFX3d ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:43 PM

"It is so obvious, Renda must be the intended partner of Mr. AMAX." We thought Apollo Maximus was paired with David, and Seth got both Anna* and Steph...? * For the record, Anna is NOT Seth's sister. Seth is from North Jersey and of German and French nationality, and Anna is from Hobart, Tasmania and mostly Irish and English. And '18' is 'teen' so feel free to post them at 'rotica doin' whatever. Betcha didn't know there was back story!

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:43 PM

Well, note that ApolloMaximus is not going to be alone for long, his companion is already being made. So no -- Renda is NOT the companion fiogure for AM.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:46 PM

Just curious, did anyone beta this model? Marque

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:54 PM

There are a few new females in the works. Anton is developing a counterpart (ok, I won't say partner) for Apollo, Seraphira is again working on her project, Wusamah posted preveiws of his new woman (which may or may not mark the end of his V3 support - we can only wonder), Neftis is well underway with another realistic figure, and Spanki does have one he renders here and there and may, perhaps, one day, eventually, let us purchase her - which we would like to do!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 3:54 PM

file_258611.jpg

Here ya go pal :) Vik3 red renda blue

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:03 PM

So what does this tell us?

RPublishing ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello, Thank you for all the feedback. The hip/thigh fix is in the works and should be available in the next day or so. Example image attached. Thank you, The team at RPublishing

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:19 PM

Tells me I don't need another V3. Marque

ryverthorn ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:20 PM

it looks kind of close to me ...

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:20 PM

file_258613.jpg

hmmm....... using the left thigh bend exactly like that I get the two looking alike. My V3 doesn't look like that

Jerry McCant

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:26 PM

Renda`s breasts need to have a fix also ;)

My Renderosity Store

angielyn ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:28 PM

She should have been fixed before released considering everyone knew of the problems before hand.

Lyric_ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:30 PM

Looks to me more like a broken Renda vs. the fixed one. ~shakes head~

I closed my eyes and saw heaven, I opened them and the face before me was heaven on earth

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:51 PM

Wow!...BM. :-)

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 4:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_258614.jpg

>> "...and Spanki does have one he renders here and there and may, perhaps, one day, eventually, let us purchase her - which we would like to do!" Hehe... my gal's back in the body shop, having some 'proceedures' done - erm, I mean "she's currently vacationing, somewhere in Beverly Hills" ;).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:02 PM

oh Spanki, she is well.... simply gorgeous!

Jerry McCant

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:04 PM

She's beautiful but this one also looks like a morphed V3. Am hoping somone will create a character that looks more like someone you might bump into on the street instead of on a catwalk. 8^) Marque

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:04 PM

Well after all that i think my question has been answered... Renda seams to be too similar to V3 to make it work a purchase. Thankyou all for the comparisons which have hopefully helped everyone else make up their own minds. And i look forward to seeing Antons female counterpart for Apollo Maximus...hmmm,anyone know when that will be released???

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:08 PM

Wow! Beautiful work Spanki :) She looks great!

My Renderosity Store

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:11 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

" Tells me I don't need another V3.
Marque"

another V3? give some of the merchants a chance to do some work with her marque...
SoftgoodImage38442b.jpg

personally, i dont think shes as bad as some people are making her out to be (yeah, having created an add-on for her i have a stake in the thing, but thats not why im saying this). give renderosity a chance to issue a fix for the joint params - they have been working on them since it got brought up and there should be a fix soon. there are areas on her that are improvements on V3 - personally im very pleased with the shoulders. you need to know how to pose them (observe how your own shoulder joint works, and duplicate it in poser by moving both the shoulder and arm. remember the arm doesnt go straight up 90 degrees, it goes forward and then rotates up about 65 degrees from there, or more depending on your flexibility) but after using poser for 5 years or so i finally did my first 'arms raised above the head' render where the figure didnt look totally unnatural like the unimesh figures and posette tend to do.

shes also lower res, which is nice. v3 is a little bloated, and many of you folks would be shocked at how many poser users still cant use the unimesh figures because they dont have enough RAM, or theyre on win9x and poser crashes every time they load them in a scene or they hit render. many of those that can load a unimesh figure crash when they try to render two.

also, the figure is not by Daz: which is a good thing - in order for the poser market to truly flourish the stranglehold that Daz and CL have on it have to be loosened, and this is a step in the right direction. there are many people working on it, and it has potential. hell, i would support her based on this alone - that the more successful she is the more people will realise that Daz is not the only source for original poser figures out there. its very unfortunate that it was released with some joint issues, but no doubt theyll get fixed and the renderosity merchants will work their magic on her and she should turn out OK. she is a bit rough around the edges, but labeling her as a 'POS' is pretty harsh.

keep in mind also that this is Renda 1.0. not Renda 1.1, or Renda 2.0, or Renda 3 SR4. she is totally new, so some issues will undoubtedly arise. i dont think a Daz original figure exists that hasnt had at least one CR2 update, and vicky 3 has had dozens and years of development/rehashment time from the original zygote vicky 1 mesh. have any of you purchased the original Daz dragon? not the mil dragon, the older one. the one that was like $60 when it was first released. i nearly cried when i bought it and first tried to pose it. Daz isnt immune to such mistakes either.

so yeah, shes a bit rough, but shell be fixed soon and she gives both an opportunity for a new, less resource intensive figure in your poser library and also paves the road for a renda 2.0 and a larger poser market that isnt totally dominated by CL and Daz. in that respect, give it a chance to grow rather than crushing it before it gets off the ground.

cheers,
-gabriel

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:13 PM

Waiting on that myself shedofjoy :) With so much competition in the Poserverse regarding characters....I just can't believe a new one was released in this condition let alone, based on odeath's pic is so darn close to V3. We are all looking for something new & innovative...not more look-a-likes and in far worse condition so to speak as compared to other models that are available. ~sigh~ when will people learn :( Well, hopefully the merchant will get this worked out. That said, not like anyone give a damn, but I'm passing on this, regardless if it gets fixed. Too many promising models in the hopper being worked on that appear to be much more promising. I will hold my $$$ till then.

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:13 PM

I'm less cautious than I used to be about purchasing new models, thanks in part to the wardrobe wizard and then because I'm learning to model with a view to producing dynamic cloth. Soooo, I'm very interested in seeing how some of the new models turn out... I've been watching the progress of Spanki's model for what seems like ages. I'm sometimes prone to impatience, this time because I really like this figure. Take a look through Spanki's gallery to see why. I'm also keeping my eyes open for that corset for SP:)

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:17 PM

Blackhearted, if I ever buy this figure it will be because of that morph! I've seen nothing else that would persuade me, but that, in the future, just might.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.