Sat, Aug 3, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Renda vs V3 -- brawling bimbos or secretly sisters ?

Aeneas ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 3:56 AM

If they weren't lured into this one that is.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:42 AM

Gill

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:44 AM

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:02 AM

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:05 AM

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:06 AM

:O)

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:46 AM

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:50 AM

I would love to know who modelled and rigged Renda.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:02 AM

trekkieWozHere.gif

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:04 AM

I would love to know who modelled and rigged Renda. So would a lot of people. Naturally, R'sity is going to cover for them, though. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

JenniSjoberg ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:15 AM

Disappointing

CRITIC, n. A person who boasts himself hard to
please because nobody tries to please him.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:18 AM

(looks at the geek evidence) Oboy.

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:29 AM

"I can see the rope was provided." ROFLOL! You're most welcome ED! ynsaen - as someone who appreciates god sarcasm - I stand in awe :D "But WHY???? If V3 is free, what is the point of having something identical? I don't get it." 1. For money (which exuses all). 2. V3 may not be free FOREVER. by Taria on 6/29/05 "Of course I have nothing important to say about the cr2 cause well to be honest. I'm a moron on those matters. Don't do coding and won't touch it for fear of screwing it up...lol" Are you saying what I THINK you're saying? It was YOU that did the Renda rigging fix?? ;D Cliff

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:32 AM

While we may never know (though I have a pretty good idea who it was). Either way, I don't really think it is important to know who it was. This a product sold by Renderosity and the owners of the website... they are the owners of the product and are the ones responsible for handling customer issues and complaints for the product... not the rigger. While the person who rigged the figure obviously cut some corners and pretty much put this website, it's owners and the product, as well as, any possible future product at risk, ultimately the responsiblity for the product making it into the store was the fault of the owners of the product who failed to inspect the product before releasing it to the public. The character rigger has to answer to the owners of this website for this grievious error, while at the same time, Renderosity and it's owners and assigns must answer to their customers for this error and the obvious disregard of product testing and handling before it was sold in such manner. My suggestion is let the owners of Renderosity deal with the Rigger and DAZ on this issue. And, I don't think there really needs to be an investigation into this whole thing, I mean comeon Folks, the owners obviously failed to test the product and had little concern over its quality before releasing it to the unsuspecting public (even against the better judgement of the other merchants creating product for it)... NO investigation needed, just good ol common sense at the obvious priorities by the owners and a healthy dose of caution before ever buying another product from here again. Problem solved & 'nuff said. Jack

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:33 AM

lmao@who3d

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:47 AM

Exactly, Jack. Renderosity was more interested in turning a buck than making sure they had a quality product, which is NOT how you should be doing it.

Kreations By Khrys

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:53 AM

For those that are concerned about RO doing the investigating... There will be others checking (I am sure DAZ will!) On a side note... as I read this I got an image of Menhdi rolling on the floor laughing until she was crying. (The crying was on two aspects.)

ratscloset
aka John

kfvik ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:04 AM

Bookmark'd

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:10 AM

Hey, I'll take a shrimp on the barbie and a beah, mate! :) kuroyume, you must be a designated Aussie ... you can pronounce beer correctly ;) Mahray ... you can't possibly be one of us - Aussies don't call for calm. How do you think all those terific drunken brawls would go if we all went around asking for calm. Sheesh LOL waves to Jack We always meet in these little off-the-wall places ;)

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:11 AM

BIG SIGH Well I guess my projects are on hold again Rolls eyes -3dz

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:15 AM

I know the feeling 3dzone

Typing Advisory :

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:18 AM

hugs 3dZ Sorry to hear that, hon. On the plus side, unless it was mesh specific, you can do a slight refitting to make it fit V3 better.

Kreations By Khrys

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:22 AM

I think D is up their forums are down

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

Moebius87 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:23 AM

...bookmark...

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:25 AM

says, in shakey old woman voice Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Kreations By Khrys

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:26 AM

I saw that i thought it was just be or my pc that was being fussy about the forums

Typing Advisory :

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:34 AM

Nah, DAZ's forums have been grumpy for weeks now. The hampster that powers their server has been getting tired, he needs to be left off his treadmill and sent on holiday ;) Cheers, Cliff

Mahray ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:35 AM

"Mahray ... you can't possibly be one of us - Aussies don't call for calm" I was trying to impress someone ;) Of course, as soon as I saw it wasn't going to work, I called for popcorn and pitchforks! And made scones. Mahray

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:36 AM

Oh man...why do I always hear about these things so late...anywho...I really just feel sorry for those who spent so much of their time and talent trying to make Renda worth purchasing...regardless of what happens they should know that their efforts were appreciated...as to some of the Rendo admins...I would agree with Gabriel that they probably had no idea that this was happening...I think they were just concerned with getting out a product...hopefully this will teach them a valuable lesson...if you are sponsoring a "made from scratch" model spend a little extra money and get someone who is familiar with the process to check the work and make sure it is really made from scratch...I'm all for pitchforks and tar and feather for the person or people who originally made this (oh what my gossip-loving heart wouldn't do for such information) but since Rendo' the company and individual admins will most likely get a considerable reaming from Daz maybe we should try to hold back just a little bit on them...Also ClintH I do feel that you are an honest person and will try your hardest to rectify the situation but I think you should try to look at it from the consumers point of view...it is just not right to have the accused or representatives of the accused judge the situation...if a merchant was accused of copyright infringment would you just accept their word that they tested the product found no infringment and everything is alright or would you have someone who is not the merchant go over it?? Jenn P.S. Okay this was a really long bookmark

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:38 AM

Oooh I luvs scones. 'Specially in this rainy winter weather :) Hands over plum jam and whipped cream to go with 'em

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:40 AM

Xena, we need your rain! My back yard was so dry yesterday that my mother bent her heavy duty shovel trying to dig out space for some flowers!

Kreations By Khrys

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:42 AM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:54 AM

On the plus side, unless it was mesh specific, you can do a slight refitting to make it fit V3 better.

No,with my limited time in the 3d world lately,I think I'll keep my focus on my own figures in progress,atleast I'll know who made them and how.
Khrys,you may want to check out the portal,one of those figures is up your ally :0)

-3dz Message edited on: 06/29/2005 07:54

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:44 AM

b OO k Ma KeD ...

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:53 AM

I would like to know who modelled and rigged Renda. This doesn't mean I excuse Rosity's part in this. But I doubt whoever made this figure sprung from nowhere, like Athena from Zeus' forehead. They probably have a Rosity store, and a bunch of previous products, and I want to be sure to avoid them.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:56 AM

at this point i think we all want to know but never will

Typing Advisory :

Berkley ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:57 AM

Oh, look! Poppies!!! Maybe this explains what the PTB were on when they unleashed this mess ;)

niandji ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:58 AM

bookmark.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:58 AM

Uhm, just on a little side note of playing devil's advocate - V3 doesn't come standard with many of those channels in her cr2 - perhaps the international beauties do though. I figure they are planning on creating add-ons that compete - the names aren't "original" and may have been a listing of what they wanted to add. As for the rest - no comment, waiting to see. I have no doubt that DAZ is checking into this as well, they probably began to do so as soon as she was released, I'm sure they saw the similarites in body type between their baby and Renda, or did soon after the body shot comparisons were shown. Give them time to work on it - starting this thread for one's own self fulfilling purposes, especially when one knew it was being looked into already? I wonder - do you feel better now?

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

stahlratte ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:59 AM

Oh boy, its really tough to keep up with Rendos ever changing TOS. Didnt they used to have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards copyright infringement ??? Bwaaaaahaaaahaaaaaa.... stahlratte

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:00 AM

LSM, actually, she does. SaE/Sr2 v3 both do.

Kreations By Khrys

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:03 AM

stahlratte, Our copyright policy states. "Based on the DMCA, upon receiving a Copyright notification of an alleged copyright infringement claim, Renderosity will, within 1 business day of receipt of the Copyright Notification, suspend the availability of the challenged product in The Marketplace and suspend any payment otherwise due the merchant of the challenged product." It will be handled today after an investigation. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:09 AM

"The Bad Publicity is in it's the last throes." bB

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:09 AM

"No investigation needed..."

Don't be silly. The investigation is essential to finding someone expendable, someone without legal representation, someone 'waaaay down the chain of command, to crucify for the mob. "Yes, it's true. He did it. If only I'd known when I took him to my bosom what a person of not high ethics he was. And even now we are investigating more and more, to determine if any other otherwise insignificant persons are implicated in this betrayal of R'osity's moral high ground, so rest assured we will know the truth about this heinous crime, and tell you as much as we like...."

Did you think an important person was going to take responsibility? Where do you think we are? Japan?

M

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:10 AM

stahlrette - really? I never cracked that cr2 open, will do so later today when I get home. Was that done to make it easier to accept International Beauties I wonder.... Regardless the ulterior motives for posting this thread when they knew it was being looked into - nope that just caused 6 products to be removed from my bookmark wishlist and a link to be removed from my site. I'm not saying it should have been hidden - but there were reasons it was done like this and that was accomplished.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:11 AM

I personally don't think sixus1 or anyone else who brings copyright infringements to the community should be looked down upon (regardless of their reasoning)...infringment effects everyone in this community and I am personally grateful for this thread because I was on the verge of purchasing Renda related products and I definitely don't want to have to go through another copyright problem like the ones concerning bytemeok, gothicangel, and many others from the past. As much as I don't agree with the taking out of pitchforks before something is proven I disagree more with leaving the community in the dark...we can at least start to have the pitchforks sharpened because in this case it seem obvious there is a violation. Anywho Sixus1 I appreciate you informing me about this you just saved me lots of money and a severe headache because if I had spent all my money on this I would have used it come hell or high water it is just not fair that because some merchants steals the people who fairly purchase are punished. Jenn

SilverElf_SE ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:12 AM
Kassia ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:14 AM

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:17 AM

Lots of motives floating about, hopefully most figure to look a little deeper. However, even without the V3 JPs, 'rosity still deserves a pie in the face for releasing that thing without testing it well (not following their own testing standards), and not listening to their own merchants who said it needed more work.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:21 AM

Here, here. I've got the banana cream coconut cherry apple pie right here. (figured I might as well get a lot of flavors involved!)

Kreations By Khrys

ann0314 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 8:22 AM

HMM would love to have an opinion but at this point I on't I respect Sixus so can't imagine it being BS on the other hand I guess I don't fully understand all of what I am reading....I will say that having P5 and P6 if you said it was only a P6 thing I COULD believe that P6 did this because P6 does INJ channels and morphs from previously used figures if you don't shut P6 down and re-open BEFORE putting in a different figure and I do have proof of that on my own PC...and have had to redo some of our mil kids figures etc because P6 INJ V3 morphs...GRRRR...anyway if it ALSO is doing this in P5 as stated then maybe UH OH is in order as P5 isn't know for having that issue and I myself have NEVER had it happen since I have bought P5. So guess I will just hang back and wait to hear whether all these issues are FOR SURE P5, P6 or a P6 bug that is then being carried over and re-opened in P5. Gosh I think I need a Poser to english dictionary now LOL HUGS!! ann :O)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.