Fri, Oct 4, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Cararra Pro 5.04 P6 scenes and transparancy issues! HELP?!?!?!!

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:18 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_327630.jpg

Hello, this seems to have only started since I installed the 5.04 update... is there any wat to fix it without trying to rollback to 5.03??? I've tried numerous times messing with the settings on the scalp (or base depending on the hair model) and the eyelashes but no success! I'm rather new to Carrara but not 3D proggies so I'm not a complete noob but I cannot figure this one out... I've tried everything thing I could think of but perhaps it's a bug in 5.04 that kills Poser trans maps! I dunno!! Sorry for the big boobedness in the pic... trying Posermatics Miki morphs... :) Any ideas & input would be awesome!!!!! Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:21 AM · edited Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:21 AM

To clarify... this has been happening on V3 and Aiko 3 as well and it's not just a Miki thing... OT I quite like Miki! She's so fine, she's so fine she blows my mind, HEY MIKI! HEY MIKI!! LOL!! Sorry! I'm stuck in the 80's!!

G

Message edited on: 02/19/2006 11:21

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

jt411 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 11:56 AM

Did you have the "Light through transparency" button checked in your render options? (Why did you make her boobs so small?)

ren_mem ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 2:25 PM

LoL, omg. 2 things, Must have alpha maps in the channels, then must have both options for light thru trans turned on, if you are using GI.(Both are in render room, one at the top and 1 under GI area below.)

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 7:54 PM

unless you draw arrows (like in the pict)..no one would look at her head anyhow... lol

ghelmer ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 8:55 AM

file_327631.jpg

>>>>>>>>ren_mem: "must have both options for light thru trans turned on" That's all it was!! Just ticked the second one and it was fine! Thanks all for helping! Guess I need to read the manual!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2006 at 12:22 PM

The manual helps, however, I doubt it is updated properly...this has been a small issue. It does have some poser tips in transposer.pdf and I think the other one. The change in 5.03 added this as part of the GI transparency issues that had been happening, then they corrected the overlighting in 5.04 When you don't use GI you obviously don't need the GI option (it will be greyed out).

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

charlesb ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 12:29 PM

Yes we added the "Light through Transparency" option for the GI in 5.0.3. The reason is that we had fix the alpha channel for the GI and that in some cases it can lead to extremely long rendering time without any real benefit. (Try rendering trees with Alpha masked leaves and global illumination, each rays for indirect lighting can go through thousands of leaves...) So I decided to turn it off by default to keep the fast rendering.

bluetone ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 6:04 PM

Thanx Charles! :D Now... can you fix the problem with the second pic? Seems to fade out right below the clavical for some reason.... ;)

charlesb ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 6:19 PM

I don't think that's a bug, it is probably just a lighting issue...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.