Fri, Jul 5, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 7:45 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No ebots at all

Adavyss ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:59 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2024 at 9:23 PM

Am I the only one?
I don't receive any ebot at all (gallery, forums...)
Nothing

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 3:01 AM

I just recieved an eBot about you posting this. Lol. shrugs all the logs say the eBots are going out. N

-Nicholas

Adavyss ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 3:15 AM

hi Nicholas

And I just received one for your answer. Good.
But I did'nt received any for the posts made yesterday

And BTW, there are spoons
Cheers

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:40 AM

I'm still not getting the ebots for my favorite artist :(  I get all the others.

Any idea when this can be fixed.

hugz

Joan

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:20 PM

I got multiple emails about my favorite artists this morning. The logs show no errors sending favorite artist emails through the night. I don't know what to tell you beyond that.

-Nicholas

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:08 PM

Thanks

I wait a couple of days..then bug ya again :)

hugz

jjean21 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

I'm getting e-bots on gallery comments and MP sale items but the ones for my favs are still sporadic. There are 4 of my favs in the gallery now, one posted 16 minutes ago the other three over an hour ago and still no e-bot (however the good news is I found them without one LOL)

jjean21 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

I'm getting e-bots on gallery comments and MP sale items but the ones for my favs are still sporadic. There are 4 of my favs in the gallery now, one posted 16 minutes ago the other three over an hour ago and still no e-bot (however the good news is I found them without one LOL)

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:48 PM

I'm not getting ebots when my fav artists upload either :(   Havent had since the gallery was changed over.

Before the change I wasn't getting forum post ebots.  I'm getting those now.

Gill

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:24 PM

Glad it's not just me...was feeling a little picked on LOL

hugz

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:43 PM

Check your favorites under your options and make sure they are set to notify if they say turn notify on then they are set to not notify but if it says turn notify off then they are set to notify you. Some may have reverted back to not notify when the gallery was converted over. Other then that not sure what could be wrong.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

jjean21 ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:23 PM

Just checked and mine all say 'turn notification off' but I still just had 3 favs post and  got e-bots on 2 of them..the 3rd is still in never never land. Still as the song says 2 out of 3 ain't bad LOL

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:27 PM

I just got one a few ago so maybe they're starting to kick in now.  :)

Gill

louly ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:36 PM

All my favourite artists are set to notify but I don't get emails for all of them, only for some of them... That's an even worse bug to trace lol  I deleted one off my list and added him again to see if that makes a difference. Also, one artist who is usually very popular thought that he didn't have a big response because of the subject of his picture. But I think people don't get notified, so there are less comments in the galleries...

Thinking about it now that I see the checkbox... I was getting notified for one topic I contributed to in the forum but I never checked it to be notified.

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:49 PM

I just got my first fav. artist ebot in 4 days...just one. All mine are set to notify, that was the first thing I check on. Let's hope they keep coming.

hugz

Adavyss ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 2:52 AM

**@ SndCastie

**I checked.
All my favourite artists are set to notify, and I did not receive a single ebot since 13/06/2006

Star4mation ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 1:42 PM

Very erratic these e-bots sometimes I get them, sometimes I dont!!!  :(

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

liewald ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 12:19 PM

I've had No Ebots Either......... HELP!!!!!!

Kinouk ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 3:45 PM

*Well it's Wed. and still no ebots for my favorite artists. Are you any closer to getting this fixed? *

hugz

Joan

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:10 PM

Please check your spam filter and make sure they are not getting caught in there. We have tested heavily and the ebots are going out as they should.

Doc000 ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:40 PM

They're still not working properly...and no, the ebots are NOT going through my spam filters.  The few ebots I do get come to my inbox, not to my spam folder. 

But, I've gotten to the point that I really don't care anymore.  The attitude of  "It works for us...tough luck if it doesn't work for you!" is starting to get a little irritating, and I honestly don't give a flip anymore if they ever do start working.

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

All mine are say "Turn notifications Off" (which means notifications are on).  I have received some, but not all e-bot notifications, and no they are not in my spam filter. 

For example, I received a notification that IgnisSerpentus had posted an image on monday, but not one for Prog, who uploaded an image on the same day.  IgnisSerptenus has also uploaded two images yesterday and today, and I have NOT received any e-bots for them.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

louly ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 5:14 PM

Same here. I do receive some ebots for some artists and none are in my spam filter. But for example, Awadissk is in my favourite artists, I even deleted him from my list and added him back to make sure it would work and I still don't receive any ebots for him.  For other artists like Valouchufy, sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't...

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 5:15 PM

Doc,

We have been testing, researching, etc and the logs show they are all going out. Not at all trying to ignore or act like its not happening, I don't do that. its hard to replicate this and understand it because we tested with multiple accounts, multiple email provider addresses, in multiple ways and got every single ebot . Now some did go in the junk email on one email account, one email account got caught in the spam filter so I was just double checking with you all because I am most definitely trying to help and have been on this issue since the beginning.  When the logs are showing that on our end they have sent as they should then it seems to be saying something is happening on the other end so since I am not at you computer with your email account, I'm asking questions.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:09 PM

Doc,

I have sent you an email, can you please respond to it as soon as possible. I want to test something with you.

Thanks

Kinouk ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:12 PM

I'm going to add Awadissk, cuz I know he posts an image everyday. It's just my fav. artists ebots I'm not getting. I have no spam folder.

hugz

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:14 PM

Kinouk, Please go and add me to your favorites now if you could. StaceyG

Then post back so that I know you have done it.   I'm getting ready to do a test image upload so I want to see what happens

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:21 PM

Stacey, I just added you right now (6:20 server time), bu tyou uploaded an image at 6:04.  I have it set to send notifications.  If you upload another image, I'll tell you if I get it or not.

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:22 PM · edited Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:23 PM

Okay let me know. I just uploaded one not sure If you had already added me or if I was uploading at the same time you were adding..

I'll be doing another in a few minutes though.

Oh and I did get the ebot telling me you had added me, BTW

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:25 PM

Okay Giolon I just did another one because the time stamp on my second one was the exact timestamp on the ebot I got for you adding me. Let me know

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:28 PM · edited Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:29 PM

I got the ebot, Stacey!  I got both, Test 2 Ignore AND Test 3.

However, it doesn't change the fact that I did not receive notifications for IgnisSerpentus's images today (1:22pm today) and Tuesday (1:09pm Tuesday), but I did get the notification from her image on Monday (2:06pm Monday).  Also, I did not get notification from Prog's image on Monday (5:20pm Monday).

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:31 PM

Okay I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can. Thanks for the help.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:03 PM

I too am only getting some of my e-bots.  I'd guess I get 60-70% of them, but I know i'm not getting them all.  They're not going to SPAM, otherwise I'd not get any, and they're all turned on...I just checked.

shrug Not sure what you can do since the system seems to say they're all going out, but I thought I'd just point out it's seemingly not an isolated incident.  I didn't get the ones for Iggy or Prog lately either.

John

John

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:08 PM

In the thread "Information on the resizing images issue...."  I posted a note ' Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:03 pm' and did not get an ebot for it.  Edited key points of the note below.  Did get ebot for  thefixer Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:35 pm. But, not  Unicornst Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:47 pm.  No ebots have landed in Junk/Bulk folder.

Help.

" Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:03 pm
I am missing ebots for posts after:

**PJF  ** Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 2:55 am

through:

**FlyByNight   ** Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 11:34 am

Any reason for this?    Yes, I am subscribed.  &  Yes, this is an ongoing issue for me across a subscritions on all threads. "

Thanks in advance for checking on this.

Viking Lady

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:16 PM

I will pass this on and we'll see whats going on just please know that it won't be right away because Nicholas is all tied up working on the resizing thing but as soon as possible we will look into it.

Kinouk ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:20 PM

Ok Stacey,

I missed both of them..was eating dinner and feeding the dogs. I'm in Vegas, NV..so it west coast time. I'm going to add you now (5:20PM).

Let me know when ya post :)

Hugz

Joan

Kinouk ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:26 PM

Stacey do ya not have a gallery?

Joan

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

Well I did while I was testing but I deleted all the test images. I think I have enough info now as others helped out with this.  I'll let you guys know.

Thanks!!

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

Quote - I will pass this on and we'll see whats going on just please know that it won't be right away because Nicholas is all tied up working on the resizing thing but as soon as possible we will look into it.

Thank you for the prompt replay.  Will put this issue on my back burner.

Hands a delivery ticket for 1 case each of Red Bull, Bawls, Gatorade, Coke,  Pepsi, and 10 pizzas.

Viking Lady

Hedda ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:14 PM

I get an ebot about some of my favorite artists upload an image, but very often I do not get any,- but can see them in the "whats new" section that they have uploaded. I also saw 1 hour ago that 82 people had me in their favorite artist list, now when I looked it says only 30. So 52 people have deleted me from their favorite artist list in 1 hour??? :tongue1: maybe that's the reason I do not get any ebots,- maybe the favorite artists I have are beeing deleted from time to time? I really don't understand anything of this, and I know that bout 70-80 persons shouls be more spesific than 30, cause I always recieved an ebot before when someone added me to their list.

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:20 PM

Hedda, We just finished running a script to fix statistics for artists because somehow some things got skewed. This could be the cause for this sudden change. Sorry if that disappoints you :sad:. N

-Nicholas

Hedda ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:31 PM

Quote - Hedda, We just finished running a script to fix statistics for artists because somehow some things got skewed. This could be the cause for this sudden change. Sorry if that disappoints you :sad:. N

Hehe, no,- it doesen't matter for me if 100 or 30 people have me in their favorite artist list,- I do not allow comments or things like that anyway 😄 But maybe..I say  maybe some of those that had me in their favorite-artist list will think it's a bit sad if I am removed from their list :unsure:

Dragontales ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 11:15 PM

I know you're all looking into it, but I just wanted to add that I too am not getting all of my ebot notifications.  I get some, but not others.  Prog's is also one I didn't get.  I wonder if it's only with certain artists, or more of a random thing. 

Thanks,
Dragontales

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:24 AM

It seems to be completely hit or miss.  One of my favorites uploaded an image just a little while ago and I got no notice.  Yet, he uploaded 2 images yesterday and I got the ebot for only one of them.  And, I've just seen 2 more on my favorites list upload images within the last few hours...no ebots.

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 11:02 AM

Five more of my favorite artists have uploaded this morning...1 ebot notification.

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 12:10 PM

I just got one after 5 days :). And three have uploaded today that I know of!!

hugz

Joan

Azatoth ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 2:42 PM

I have subscribed to about a dozen artists here to be notified upon a new posting. Since the patch the notification have decreased massivly. After checking normally I found art by above artist, where no notificationhad been send.

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Edit: ty S.G. for refering me to this post.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:21 PM · edited Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:28 PM

Okay we found an issue that looks like may have been causing the sporadic ebot problem. Please keep me posted on how the ebots are working for you on anything after 3:00 system time today.

Thanks!!

jwiest ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 5:56 PM

Found at least two I didn't get after that, but I seem to be getting more at least.

John

jwiest ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 6:49 PM

Specifically since 3:00 system time today, I've missed e-bots on 6 out of 13 images that have been posted.

John

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 8:10 AM

Still not working.

Four of my favorite artists uploaded overnight...zero ebots.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.