Mon, Jul 8, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No ebots at all

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:54 AM

Tracked some more last night.  Since my last post here through Midnight system time I got 11 e-bots for 20 images uploaded.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the missing ones either.  Ones I missed earlier in the week arrived yesterday. shrug

John

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:46 PM

Since the announcement that it should have been fixed as of 3pm yesterday, I've seen at least half a dozen of my favorite artists upload images (haven't been to the galleries in the last few hours), but I only got an ebot on one of them.

Is there any status on this issue?

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:47 PM

Well Doc no not at the moment. We thought we had the issue found yesterday but obviously thats not it.  Back to the drawing board. We really apologize for the delay in getting this 100% resolved but this ebot thing is a bugger to try and figure out..

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:03 PM · edited Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:04 PM

If it helps.... I just found three from my list that I didn't receive the ebot for. And at least 4 people have told me personally that they are not getting any ebots from my uploads.

Edited to add that the 3 missing ebots are from the last 24 hours.

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:17 PM

I got one todays for Martin's image. I know 3 others I didn't get ebots for.

Joan

liewald ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 3:17 AM

Still No Ebots........

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

jjean21 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 6:16 AM

The e-bots are still terribly sporadic, I had one this morning and when I checkedthe gallery I found 3 other favs that I hadn't gotten notification about and they had posted after the e-bot I got.

DennisReed ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 12:52 PM

Quote - The e-bots are still terribly sporadic, I had one this morning and when I checkedthe gallery I found 3 other favs that I hadn't gotten notification about and they had posted after the e-bot I got.

Same Here?????????????????? Both of TallPockets 6/23 and 6/24, I am off to see the main gallery for more!

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 4:31 PM

We will continue to research this issue:)

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 12:45 AM

Sitting twiddling thumbs...................

DennisReed ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 2:11 AM

I missed a total of 7 notification for 6/24 I did get 6 notifications, and 7 comments. I did take 18+ pages to weed thru all images posed on 6/24! I do hope this gets fixed soon! :(

Dragontales ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 11:49 AM

I know I'm still missing ebots.  I don't have the time to go through and figure out how many, but I know they're still sporadic.  I too hope it gets resolved soon. 

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed everyone. We will get to the bottom of the issue.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:07 PM

We got faith in ya'll, Stacey. Or we would all have given up by now. LOL

liewald ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:08 PM

The thumbs they are a twiddling!!!!! faster and faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc000 ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:28 PM

For what it's worth, they're still hit or miss for me as well.  I have noticed that it seems that I get all ebots from some artists on my list, some ebots from others, and then there are some that I don't even think I've gotten ebots about since the conversion.

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:31 PM

The programmers are working hard on this ebot issue as we speak so hopefully it will be resolved once and for all very soon:)

mark4x5 ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:18 PM

I have noticed that I am only getting notifications for new images from a small subset of my favorite artists list.  I see new images by artists in the galleries but I don't get an "ebot" notification for thier images.

Am I doing somthing wrong, I used to get ebots for all artists before the galley change, but now only a portion of the list.  I hae not disabled notifications in the favorite artist section of my gallery

Please; any help here will be appreciated.   Thanks

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 6:16 PM

Please read my post above yours:)

SaintFox ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 6:56 PM

I hope that the problem will be solved soon as most of the images of my favorite artists and all of mine posted since the conversion started drowned in the "data orcus"... But I didn't want to complain but report something I saw today: When entering a gallery section like "Poser" there is a link saying "Please post commercial images to the Product Showcase gallery" . The attached link does not work (at least for me). The "copyright" link below leads to nothing, too. :huh:

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Giolon ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:04 PM

Still not getting all favorites e-bots, only some.  For example:

Image posted by Danceswithroos on Mon, June 26, 2006 @ 2:59 am, no notification.

Image posted by IgnisSerpentus on Tue, June 27, 2006 @ 1:50 pm, received notification.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:10 PM

I got a couple today I haven't gotten since the conversion and a few people are reporting that they are finally receiving ebots about my uploads.

Whatever you're doing....keep it up. grin

Janet

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:43 PM

I think I've been getting more today, but I'm certainly not getting all of them yet.  Quite a higher percentage I think though I've not been actively tracking them to be honest.

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:48 PM

The programmers did do some things today and have been keeping close tabs on the logs, we'll continue watching to see.

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:01 PM

Aha! I knew something different had to have happened. lol

Give them programmers some coffee and a pat on the back. Looks like they might be on the right track.

Janet

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:07 PM

This ebot deal is making us all crazy!!!  But never fear I have faith they will get it 100% back on track..

Neither one drinks coffee but I can definitely give them pats on the back:)

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:15 PM

Coke?  Mountain Dew?  Jolt?  I think we could chip in for whatever they need. :D lol

John

williamsn ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:08 PM

I DO SO DRINK COFFEE!! :-) Mmmmmmmmm now I'm go fix me some Starbucks in me coffee maker 😄. N

-Nicholas

westonmi ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:38 AM · edited Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:38 AM

Well you did "something" alright because I've just gotten 19 bot-mails announcing the release of 1 product. Don't you think that's a bit much?

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:44 AM

Yeah, I've not counted, but I've just gotten at least 10 for Morris' latest.

John

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:52 AM

We're having a stampede now?.....Im getting normal.

Now Nic, you sure you didnt give those frisky ebots some of that Starbucks did ya? :m_laugh:

Seriously tho guys, Nic will get it figured out 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

westonmi ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 1:05 AM · edited Wed, 28 June 2006 at 1:17 AM

I've now removed Morris as a fav merchant and yet I'm still getting the bot-mails...total is up to 24 now. Is there a way of turning the bot crud off short of removing folks from your fav lists? If there isn't a way, could you add one?

bogwoppet ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 1:07 AM

I just received 25 ebots for the same new product by Morrris! One minute I don't get any - now I'm flooded with the damn things - guess it'll sort itself out sooner or later.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 2:01 AM

Will direct Nic here guys..hang tight ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Fredy ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:31 AM

29 ebots from the same Morris product. Did I win? ;-)

Honestly: this is getting ridiculous... :-(

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:42 AM

This has been reported to the programmers. Did it seem that Morris was the only vendor you got that many ebots for? 

Fredy ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:56 AM

So far only from Morris so many ebots but also a few days back from Vali's product about 6 ebots or so if I remember correctly .

If you need the timestamps from last ebot invasion I can post them.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 11:54 AM

Darn!  I can only tie Fredy for 29 Morris e-bots! LOL  I also got quite a few for one of Vali's products that one time too.  Nobody else though.  At least not yet. ;)

John

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:29 PM

Quote - Still not getting all favorites e-bots, only some.  For example:

Image posted by Danceswithroos on Mon, June 26, 2006 @ 2:59 am, no notification.

Image posted by IgnisSerpentus on Tue, June 27, 2006 @ 1:50 pm, received notification.

This is the last post I received an ebot for, in this thread.  Full header data sent to williamsn under separate IM.  This is an ongoing issue with CC, TG, and Fractal forums.  Is this helpful?  What other data is needed to track this SNAFU?

VikingLady

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:46 PM

Have you been online since then?  I believe you only get one notice for the thread until you've logged in again, not one for each and every post.  At least that's how it's worked for me. :)

John

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 5:07 PM

[top] [reply] [unsubscribe] [print] [save]

4 pages :: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I am subscribed to this thread as the boxes above show. I am supposed to get an ebot for every post, as I did with your post.  I did Not get any ebots for postings between previously quoted ebot and yours.  :(

VikingLady

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 11:24 PM

Image posted by Prog Wed, June 28, 2006 5:10 pm, no notification :(

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:20 AM

vikinglady, You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return. Example. You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread". Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet. Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots. You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you. Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it. I'm not sure exactly why you sent me that email header, but it didn't contain any information that was useful for me. Thanks anyway tho. Help is always appreciated. We're pretty sure we got the problem tapped down now. eBots in the galleries should be gradually returning to normal over the next couple of days. N

-Nicholas

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:33 AM

Quote - vikinglady, You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return. Example. You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread". Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet. Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots. You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you. Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it. I'm not sure exactly why you sent me that email header, but it didn't contain any information that was useful for me. Thanks anyway tho. Help is always appreciated. We're pretty sure we got the problem tapped down now. eBots in the galleries should be gradually returning to normal over the next couple of days. N

N,

This ebot system/prog seems totally different and limiting in the quantity of ebots sent.  Prior to camelot and merlin coming online, I was receiving ebots with each posting to a thread I subscribed to.

To clarify; the new system has a 1 ebot limit, and is reset each time you go to that thread from an ebot?  Or am I still confused?

VL

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:40 AM

VL, You are incorrect in that this eBot system actually works identically to the way it did in the old forums. You are correct in your summation that you receive only one eBot until you revisit the thread, at which time it is reset. N

-Nicholas

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 11:06 AM

Hmmmm... Seems Vali released a product 10 times today. lol

Fredy ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 11:11 AM

Yep, 10 ebots for Vali's new product... 

Fredy ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:23 PM

add another one... makes 11...

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:10 PM

Same with Placebo.
This is getting ridiculous.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:24 PM

Yesterday, it looked as if the favorite artist ebot problem had been resolved, but I'm starting to miss some again today.  Any chance of getting an update on this issue?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.