Sun, Sep 22, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Played with Posette Recently? Or, what can a figure become?

Tiari ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:19 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:21 PM

Lately I'm on a quest to work with either underused, or, figureatively, "unuseable" figures.  I had done James, which is in my gallery, and Now I have turned my attention to posette.   This isn't to prove any points, but to "dig up" these figures, show their potential (if any i can find) to those who'd like to know whats possible with what figure.   

If you'd like to see a figure worked with, post it here, and if I have it, i'll get at it at some point and see what I can do with it.

Today, I worked with the ol "dawg" posette.

Posette (p4 default), default textures, lip texture from freestuff, gorgon wall, p4 plate armor in freestuff.  "halfsword" (dont remember where i got it) and post work.

Worktime total: 40 minutes

Dynamo ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:36 PM

Very nice, Actually alot nicer than some V4 stuff...  Proves it's all in the skillz

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:47 PM

I'll second that. It really is the skill of the artist.

(Site email sent)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:58 PM

Again I see ther proof that the older ones are the better ones.  One of the best Posette textures was the 'Photorealistic Blonde' by SandTyger.  Take a look at my gallery, and you'll see that I too have been working with these models.  I just did a clone of myself using Dork, with a whole slew of face MT's that I've culled from momodot's P4-MorphMan & Pitklad's P4 Domus.
The figure that REALLY needs attention is Judy.  While Judy's head is a bit odd, she has a lusciously full body, and bends better than any of the Vickies -IMO.  Stahlratte has recently released Wiktorija, a Judy/V3 clone with Judy's body and V3's head.  Another very good clone is Neja by Pitklad, a cone with his NEA Posette Head and Judy's body.

Commentary aside, this is an excellent render with a classic figure.  Do keep up the good work.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:10 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:11 PM

WHAT?!?!?

DPHoadley is not in here???

Great job with Posette!

EDIT: Man o Man I really am typing slow. I swear DP wasn't here when I began this!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:32 PM

file_367456.png

Posette, it just happens I was playing around with her also. Still problems with the hair, arch; ; ; ; ;

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

ialora ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:50 PM

Ha-ha!  Terriffic job!  Best Posette ever!  I've been trying to do the same thing.  I recently uploaded an image using the HeavyMan figure.  I was thinking about doing something with the old man and woman figures next or perhaps trying to make that poor lumpy Poser dog look good.  :lol:

Irene-

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 2:38 PM

file_367465.jpg

Left to Right: P3 Business Man, Dolly by Gerald Day, Domus (P4 Nude Man) by Pitkald), MoaphMan & Domus Combined (P4 Nude Man) by momodot & Pitklad morphed to look like dphoadley, P5 Casual Boy.  Background: Western Wall of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. David P. Hoadley

ialora ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:00 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:01 PM

Yup, I was inspired by that image to do my HeavyMan.  It reminded me that there is still plenty of life left in those old figures.  And they're soooo easy on your system resources too.  :)

Irene-

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:12 PM

file_367466.jpg

And you can always take a look on Nea and NeaP4 for more Posette Power! :biggrin:

My FreeStuff

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:24 PM

Yesterday I took the P3 business man, and cloned his head & hands with Dork's,and then remapped his neck in UV Mapper, so that I now have a vesion whose face and hands is P4 Nude Man texture compatible.  I've done something similar with the P4 Casual Mand and Woman too.  Now Posette and Dork can wear clothes without pokethrough.  Email me if any  of you would like a copy of the Object files: dph@013.net.il.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:36 PM

It's great to see some of the lesser-used characters get some exposure.

A few real beauties that have been largely ignored by the Poser community are :

• Elle by Neftis;
  • Farris by Kirwyn;
  • Natalia by Dacort.

Of course, these are all commercial products.

Re the guys, I think Don would be a challenge. I've seen a couple of good renders of him though.

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:53 PM

file_367468.jpg

Andrew I totally agree with you about Don P5 models were designed in a reasonable resolution to take advantage of the P5 introduced poser feature of smoothing. I have played with Don quite a lot and he is a great figure! It is a pity people don't understand how many good figures they already have and keep using the same figures again and again making galleries here sooo boring! :glare: Here is a custom morph I've made for Don it is available at [PosetteForEver ](http://www.posetteforever.com/)

My FreeStuff

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 4:08 PM
diolma ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 4:19 PM

file_367473.jpg

I too have been working with Posette lately. Not the figure in itself, but as a "clothes-horse" for a set of Dynamic clothing (now that P5 is available free/cheap). I'm trying to learn Hexagon for modelling clothes, so I took up a (persnal) challenge..

It's a Harem/Belly-Dancer outfit. The latest (and probably last) version contains 5 separate items (Veil, 2 Arm bits, Top, and Pants). Plus a version that comprises all 5 bits as a single .obj.
(and a couple of "jewels" as a bonus).

No texture maps, but I've set up some "Material Room" nodes as a starting point.

I have a .zip available which should extract properly into the Props room.

This is about to be released as a Freebie at another site (which the TOS prevents me from naming). I'm hoping the above promo-pic doesn't cause conniptions...

But if you want it - I have it.. IM/PM me, and we'll work something out...

Cheers,
Diolma

vilian ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 4:29 PM
Online Now!

Great job ! She's beautiful :)
How about taking a look at Heroine ? http://www.darkanvil.net/freebie2.html

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 10:05 PM

file_367507.jpg

having started with Poser 2, believe me Posette is a Babe! she was very well supported by the community, the first with conforming clothes, and i think the first with trans mapped hair. I agree with DP, Judy needs work, Posette totally outclasses her

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 10:23 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2007 at 10:28 PM

Stahlratte´s Wiktorija

Stahlratte PoserWiktorija V3-Judy hybrid made by special request for David P. Hoadley. Must have Objaction Mover to decode Object file, using the P5 Nude Woman as a key.

Unzip to your dektop and put the pcf/obj file in your NEA folder in your Runtime:Geometries folder, and the Cr2 in any character library folder of choice.

All Judy body morphs work, All V3 head morphs work. All V2 textures work, but some materials have to be applied by hand if you use Judy textures. (Eyes and eyelashes).
There is a small texture distortion at the sides of the neck, but some quick postwork should fix it easily.

Before you can use the head morphs, first transfer the eye and head morph channels from V3 SAE to Wiktorija´s head with MorphManager. Then inject headmorphs in Poser as usual.

You can download her HERE

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 1:31 PM · edited Wed, 31 January 2007 at 1:32 PM

You guys are crazy and nuts! 
Must mean I'm in good company :lol:

And why can't I upload a freakin' icon?!!!!!

Eddy

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 2:57 PM

Downloaded Heroine and Wiktorjia....... their on the list lol.  My next though is Apollo

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 3:06 PM

pitklad ...

you've done a great job with Don there ! .....

Have you ever had problems with the eyelashes for the P4 and P5 characters ? They are either non-existent or really wispy so that you can hardly see them. The end result is that sometimes it looks like their eyes are popping out.

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 3:16 PM

The problem with P4 figures eyelashes is that it it not mapped well,the uvs space is to small...
The same goes for Don&Judy their lash geometry is already small and unfortunately not very well mapped...
Nea is and Domus will be better mapped for better lash textures 😉
A good texture always add much even for low resolution models and if we also take advantage of the smoothing option those models look more than decent :biggrin:

My FreeStuff

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 3:22 PM

Got NeaP4 she's on the list lol!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 6:43 PM

file_367573.jpg

Yeah, the Posette doesn't look all that bad with a good texture, but try putting her in some poses like these.

You can dress her up, but you can't take her out.  ;-)  

We've come a long way.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 9:21 PM

Jim Farris modded Posette until she could do those poses; unfortunately, the MODs had a disagreement with him about the wording on a thumbnail, so he's no longer here to tell us about it.
DPH

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 10:08 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

he's on the daz forums as xaa.  you don't have to buy anything to be a member.  and yes, he did mod posette so she can get in those poses easily.  but he also posed her very carefully.  that is to say, he optimized her for his own use, which meant one body part would do most of the bending while another would do most of the rotating.  i'm not explaining well at all, but it seemed to me that while he felt this was a challenge to figure makers, i thought of it much like someone who's written their own software.   it  proves a solution is possible for a single user, but not necessarily for general usage.   that said, he always says he's not an expert, and if he can do it, the experts can.  but i think he might be underestimating how much harder it is to do something to at least meet someone else half way on workflow. 

here's a link to the thread: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=51385&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
warning to those who feel the need to vehemently dismiss anyone raising issues with v4 - it's a thread criticizing her bending and showing better counter examples.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 10:33 AM

oop, that's still not the one where he talks about posing.  and i want to add that i know i would trade learning to pose a figure properly for one that could be posed properly.

JimFarris ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 7:17 PM

Quote - Jim Farris modded Posette until she could do those poses; unfortunately, the MODs had a disagreement with him about the wording on a thumbnail, so he's no longer here to tell us about it.
DPH

For you, David, I'll come back and post a reply. ;)

Unfortunately, I can't duplicate pose #1, simply because V4 in her default state is anatomically incorrect in the proportions of her arms and legs.  For those who have trouble believing this, just lower her arms to her sides and compare her to yourself - the length of her humerus, radius, ulna, tibia, fibula and femur are incorrect as compared to the rest of her body and as measured in head-lengths, and her armpit fold is too high (the pectoral muscle connects lower on the humerus in a real human).  Also, post #2 is physically impossible.  For those who don't believe me, try it - sit on your rump on the ground with your knee folded so that your ankle touches your hip.  That crackling, snapping sound is the ligaments in your knee and hip tearing.

My modded Posette was built with real human bends in mind.  In fact, to check her bending, I simply asked my wife to pose for me and took pictures, then fixed up Posette so she'd look the same.  As such, she can't get into some of the positions shown in the original image.

However, given those limitations, this is what my modded Posette looks like in poses that are roughly similar:

Click image to view full size

Click the image to view full size.  Image hosting courtesy of ImageShack.

pitklad ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 12:43 AM

Wow!
Jim this is fabulous! Great job!
Will this figure be available somewhere?
She looks really amazing! :thumbupboth:

My FreeStuff

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 6:21 AM

file_367710.jpg

I did a test with the standard Posette. Well standard, she has some face, breast, and thight morphs, but those are a leftovers from another project. Standard is not too bad; only some elbow and knee touch up would be needed if they are left uncovered by the clothing. Also, most of the deformatioons are from the lasts "read" most " extreme bends. Normal bending will not do this.

I think;

1. 30.000 poly's would be about ideal.
  2. If all energy HAD been put into improving Posette, (instead of creating zillion poly Poser killers) we would have had a great figure.
  3. Newer is NOT always better.
  4. Bigger is NOT always better.
  5. Whatever the figure; it is the texture that does "IT". We'v seen some great results with the morphed Poser 1 figures, and with the Poser 4 Lo Res figures. ==> Those are still THE best and ONLY ones, usefull for animations. (unless your super trooper machine can handle the newer models)

But lately, I see more and more people return to Posette. 
I wonder why?

Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 10:43 AM

file_367727.jpg

Good try Jim, but I don't think your quite there. 

I also think you are wrong on the "Unfortunately, I can't duplicate pose #1, simply because V4 in her default state is anatomically incorrect in the proportions of her arms and legs. " She exactly matches my references, the first stock Poser figure to do so. I agree with the too-high armpit fold though, but this was (I think) more about getting workable rigging than correct anatomy. 

How does your figue look when she puts her arms straight up, for example, as in a pose like this?As to pose #2, I surely can't do it (I'm old and inflexable), but I wouldn't say it could be done by someone who is supple. ;-)

Incidently, the figure in my poses isn't V4 (who can use the poses), it is SuperStar Vickie. Compared to stock V4, she has her waist moved up (shorter torso, longer legs). I think she is still within th erange of possable body types though, the classic 7 1/2 hands high (V4) and 8 heads high (as I've used in most of my other figures) figure is just an artistic ideal, people come in all shapes and sizes, after all.

Anyway, also compared to stock V4, SSV has modifed bending geometry, most of my efforts were in the legs (especially in the knees), as I thought her arms were already very good, but I added magnets to do things like straighten up her clavicles on arm-up poses (like the one shown), and others to pull down the armpit fold (as you already mentioned).She isn't perfect, V4 isn't perfect either, but the Posette isn't even in the same league.

I liked your statement about you modified Posette not costing you anything, too. For the record, SSV didn't cost me anything either, I got V4 for free (I was a beta tester) and all SSV took was several hundred hours of work. It is very hansome for you to give away your figure, but I would have never been able to afford the amount of time I have invested in SSV if she wasn't going to be for sale.

I do give away my own modded Posette, though... 

The problem with modding the Posette is once you recut her or even change the joint parameters she isn’t the Posette anymore- morphs don’t work, clothing doesn’t fit. I could build a "Super Posette" who could bend as good as V4, but what would be the advantage of that? Some parts of the Posette have too-low of a poly count to properly take textures, for example.  O.K., cut more polygons, remap her, but now Posette textures don't even work.  Time to move on, I think.

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 12:08 PM

Jim (Farris),

Nice work on Posette.  You have me curious though... you mentioned re-grouping her, so I'm wondering where she was regrouped and why?

Thanks.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

JimFarris ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 1:21 PM

Quote - Good try Jim, but I don't think your quite there. 

Thank you.  In turn, I don't think I've got her quite perfect, either.  The differerence, however, is that I refuse to accept "it's impossible" for an answer.

Quote - I also think you are wrong...

Quite probably I am.  However, I'm not going to get into a long discussion on the Rendo forums, because I don't want people to say "oh, he's come back, he didn't mean it when he left."  Contact me on the DAZ forums.  Or on my own message board, at http://xaa.proboards44.com/index.cgi .  Or e-mail me, if you like - xaa@3lefties.com  I left because I disagreed with Rendo policies, and since those policies haven't changed, I haven't come back.

Quote - It is very hansome for you to give away your figure...

Two things:  First, it isn't my figure.  The Posette model is owned by E-Frontier.  All I did was re-rig and re-group it.  Yes, I know, it sounds like I'm nit-picking here, but I'm not.  I am greatly appreciative of EF for creating her in the first place, and would never even for an instant deny their ownership of the model.  As to why I continue to use her, well, from the neck down, she's built like my wife.  As far as I'm concerned, you can't get any better than that. ;-)

Second, there is no way in hell I am giving this thing away.  I've been considering offering it to EF as a possible sale item, but I would never give this away.  It took six months to get Posette to this point, giving away six months of work wouldn't be generous, it would be insane. =P

Quote - The problem with modding the Posette is once you recut her or even change the joint parameters she isn’t the Posette anymore- morphs don’t work, clothing doesn’t fit.

The clothing problem isn't much of a problem - most clothes work with her as well as they did the original posette (which is to say, not spectacularly well).  I'm currently building a new set of clothing for her that works better than the original Posette clothing did for the original Posette, but this will take time to complete.

Quote - I could build a "Super Posette" who could bend as good as V4...

Which is precisely what I have done. ;)

Quote - ...but what would be the advantage of that?

For me, it proves a point.  I'm an amateur, I do this as a hobby.  If I can do this, then the professionals should be able to do better.

Quote -  Some parts of the Posette have too-low of a poly count to properly take textures, for example.

I disagree - but see the attached image for more information.

Oh = and Spanki?  If you'd followed the web-link on the previous page, your question would have already been answered, there is an image there which shows how she's re-grouped.

click for larger image

Click image for larger version.  Image hosting courtesy of ImageShack.

I'd love to continue this discussion, but not on this board.  Anyone who would like to continue to chat with me, please use either the DAZ board, my own messageboard at http://xaa.proboards44.com/index.cgi , or contact me via e-mail at xaa@3lefties.com . I respect all of you who have posted here so far, but I find I can no longer support Renderosity in any way.  Thank you. =)

wertu ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 2:33 PM

A certain someone personae non grata here at RMP shared with me an absolutly beautiful Posette that wears V3 clothing off the rack! So beautiful posed without clothes it is a shame to cover up though! A beautiful figure. Beautiful even in very large hi-res renders. I am sorry I can not share it with you. Politics have got so nasty. Remeber when figures like Eve and Azura where freely distributed without so much stressing and fighting! I would love a super Eve that wore V3 skin and clothes.... why V3? Market suport. Why Posette... poly count. All I would want is a few more on the underside of the jaw and breast maybe. Why Eve... grouping and genitals. To bad I am a no talent end-user.

This person also put fixes to smooth the eyebrows lips and nose at Posetteforever I believe.

Mr. Farris, That is gorgeous work! Superb. Let me know please when you get this to market since I check the usual places less and less now. Best of luck to you... maybe e-f can pitch it to animators or the Poser Artist crowd (that IS a neat program). I would love to be a tester if you need one .

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 3:58 PM

Quote - Oh = and Spanki?  If you'd followed the web-link on the previous page, your question would have already been answered, there is an image there which shows how she's re-grouped.

Uhm, ok.. I went and looked.  So that explains how she was regrouped, but not 'why'.  You might want to consider purchasing "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5" by BL Render, if you haven't already (if you have it already, turn to page 119 and read from there).

There are reasons for grouping meshes certain ways, but it looks like not the reasoning you used it for (it doesn't really matter, for example, if the split between the forearm and shoulder is below the elbow, above the elbow or at the center of the elbow - within reason, at least).

You might also notice that Daz went back to a 'Posette' style chest group on V4.... the V3 method didn't really buy you anything, unless you want the shoulder joint (as opposed to the collar) to affect some of the chest area directly.  If you're going to use JCMs there anyway, then there's no reason for it to be cut up like that.

Anyway, I understand that you don't care to participate here, so I though just thought I'd pass that pointer along.  It's a great book and a must-have (IMO) for anyone doing rigging work.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 9:40 PM

WOW!!!!!! She's a beauty Tiari!! what a great inspiration...Im gonna have to try her now....LOL ~Nancy~

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 12:32 PM

file_369894.jpg

In the upper half of this picture, you can see how I have just started on this very ambitious project, i.e. remapping Posette’s texture map to accept V3 Skin textures. It is my hope, that by doing so, maybe she won't be considered so Old Fashioned. This desire grew out of my efforts of having previously remapped the Anywoman (Posette with Genitals) freebies hip and genital t o conform to regular Posette skin textures. While I like the results, I think that she'd texture even better and more seamlessly with a V3 style UV.

In the lower half, you can see the fruit of my efforts of the past two weeks, which I spent re-mapping the PosetteWG (Posette With Genitals) figure’s hip and genital area. Anybody who's familiar with PosetteWG in either her ‘Anywoman’ version by imagorabbit version, or Arduino's P4WWG version, will recognize immediately how the hip texturing has become smooth and is now unblemished with the unsightly seams that once plagued this figure, and keep it from becoming a true variation of the Posette figure.

This is perhaps my fifth or sixth attempt to re-map this figures hips, and invariably al my previous efforts failed because my version of UV Mapper pro just wouldn't allow me enough magnification to untangle some of the figures mixed up texture areas. (Hellborn originally made this hip for the P3 Posette, but when it was cloned into the P4 Posette, some texture areas became rather fouled and over laid by each other.

It was because of my experience in unraveling and re-mapping this figures textures, that I decided to tackle the even greater challenge to remap Posette herself so that she can use V3’s textures.  I figure that with V3’s 'Bear Rug' texture style it both regular Posette, NEA, and PosetteWG will texture better than they do at present (aside from the fact that there are a great many free and commercial V3 textures that would look great on Posette, and that Posette would look great on them. So, therefore my present effort, wish me luck.

Credits: Skin texture is the Posette Brunette by SandTyger.
                Seam Guide by SnowSultan.

Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.