Tue, Oct 22, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: a horrendously gigantic impossible wish....

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 3:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:39 AM

I wish..
that there is a converter I can use toe asily change .vue into .obj. something as easy peasy as photoshop..open..save as.. (choose the file type u require) and save.
or anything for that matter...
sigh

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 8:52 AM

I know...sigh!  There are some really neat Vue freebies that would be great to use in our Beloved Bryce....

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 9:30 AM

some dude made that once... years ago. but never released it to the public :-/

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 9:42 AM

Quote - some dude made that once... years ago. but never released it to the public :-/

Is that 3D Explorer by xdsoft.com? Don't bother even going to the site. It's not there any more.
It would be nice to be able to convert from different 3D apps formats to the ones you need. sigh That will be a boon in the exchange department.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 10:47 AM

file_397186.jpg

Here's what I do to export for TG2....except I use .3ds as it also will give you an opacity/alpha map. *I* then run it thru Pose Ray to convert to the .obj that TG2 demands. Bryce will accept  .3ds easily, more easily in my experience than .obj so you may want to try .3ds instead. All the steps will be the same except you *will have* the **Generate alpha maps** option available which isn't there in the .obj export option.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 11:00 AM

can we use something that would turn .vue files into.3ds?? I know what you mean about bryce accepting .3ds files more easily than .obj. I've noticed that and find that a bit suprising..wonder why,
like rosemayr says ..there are really good models in .vue format..and we can't use em.
sigh....

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 12:12 PM

The problem is that VUE files are in a proprietary format (just as OBP and MAX files are) that can only be read by their native application and (if supported and allowed) exported in a format that can be read by something else.
It's not a trivial job reverse engineering binary file formats, in some cases it's not worth the effort for various reasons.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 3:39 PM · edited Wed, 09 January 2008 at 3:40 PM

file_397208.jpg

true nruddock..but the images collaged together in my previous post are me exporting a .veg out of Vue as an .obj file...it works equally well, even better as a .3ds file[for Bryce] as I noted before the .3ds saves also the alpha channel map. I converted this .3ds file in PoseRay to the .obj TG2 expects and it rendered fine[tho at a low res] in TG2. See image.  Question, seriously,...am I not clear in what I write or all y'all not reading the whole thread? I addressed all this in the earlier post.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 3:49 PM

file_397211.jpg

And here it is imported into Bryce 5.5

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dhama ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 5:29 PM

Need to add some water there mate... she's wilting a little. I know bryce ain't got no ECO (tm) sytems like Vue, but i'm sure you could use a water plain. :laugh:

Anyway, to the original question, why not make in Bryce what you want from a Vue object. Bryce is pretty versatile.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 6:22 PM

LOL...Well for me for starters, that ficus took all of 3 min. to convert.....took longer to get Bryce up and running nearly on this e machine...LOL. Plus I had zero research to do, so it's a time saver as much as anything, This is the first I've tried in Bryce, may try a few trees and see how they do as well. I started doing this to get veg for TG2 but these seem to work much better in Bryce IMO.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 7:31 PM

Quote - true nruddock..but the images collaged together in my previous post are me exporting a .veg out of Vue as an .obj file...it works equally well

Using the application that can read the files is cheating :tongue2:
I got the impression that the OP doesn't have Vue, if they did no convertor would be needed.

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 7:38 PM

basics, chaps, basics....
can you two..ie..bobbystahr and mruddock, explain it in baby language! (no googoogaaing.. btw.. :lol: )
so what i gather is that i can read a .vue in whatever and export it as a .3ds?
pardon me..it's just 7 am here..i've been up at 6am coz i'm heading to a conference..head's a bit fuzzy....

Boreth ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 12:30 AM

The Export Plant option isn't  available in  d'Esprit and Pro, atleast not in my version of 6 Pro

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 9:17 AM

I use the PLE of Ver 6 Inf and it works well...and it's free.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dan whiteside ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 1:20 PM

Attached Link: Vue 6 PLE

Here's the link.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 1:35 PM

Thanks Dan...shoulda thought of that me self...good on ya.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 11:45 PM

lol...got the picture..downloading it now
thanksa ton..
ps..sorry for being a dumb blond moment.. don't ever try to figure out things without your morning cuppa and when rushing toa conference!
cheers

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 3:21 AM

LOL...NP Rosie...I absolutely never even turn my monitor back on before I've washed my eyes with coffee....STRONG  French Roast.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dan whiteside ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 7:37 AM

Ah yes - a cup of life. For me it's Starbuck's Breakfast Blend, that'll kick ass any morning!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 1:57 PM

Hm.. I start up with a cuppa coffee before my shower, then a redbull for breakfast... however, my next caffeine intake then does usually wait till halfway the afternoon or even later, so its still managable :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 3:01 PM · edited Fri, 11 January 2008 at 3:02 PM
Forum Moderator

StarBucks?  Christ, that's awful stuff. £2 a throw and that's about all it's good for - throwing.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 7:45 AM

I buy the whole beans at Winn-Dixie and grind them myself. Never set foot in a Starbucks shop. Guess Americans have different taste in coffee - never did find a Brit coffee I liked when traveling the UK ;-)

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 8:01 AM

Yep that Starbucks can put hair on you it is that strong. I kind of like it myself but none of those flavored ones too sweet to my taste.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 8:33 AM

starbucks hot chocolate.. 2 pounds 9 pence. never mind the price. and a krispy kreme donut to boot. great mornign kicker.not i india though..starbucks not allowed to enter because of their employee policy they had worked out... deal slashed completely..banned from entering India.
rayraz.. . my london trip was a no- sleep trip of four months. short of propping my eyes open with toothpicks.. i'd have my morning cuppa at home .. (instant..was at someon'ss home... two tsps) and down two redbuls on my wayout. did i fall asleep durin the day? bu 3 I was ready to fall. starbucks expresso.. worked for an hour or two..till i hit the pub and had a bailey's double shot. THAT felt good!
here.. i grind my own beans....

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 9:19 AM

btw.. still have to download the vue 6. india doesn't have true boradband..so takes me long..will let it download overnite tonite..then will try out bobbystahr's advice.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 10:09 AM
Forum Moderator

No disrespect to India or Rosie, but they just produced the world's cheapest car and yet they don't have broadband?  Some places need to get their priorities straightened out........

Let's see, mmmm......cricket, car, broadband......something wrong somewhere.
:b_funny:

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 11:21 AM

Thebryster..lol...i sure agree with you!
We have broadband..but not TRUE broadband...
I pay around 10 pounds for unlimited downloads @ 128 kbps. I get roughly anywhere between 90-120 kbps per day. I have been told by the broadband company (the main internet providers chaps out here) that is excellent..most people don't get more than 100 kbps! at 256 kbps..you get around 120-150- for 15 pounds a month. companies who pay thru their noses for 1mbps  to  i'm not so sure what..get less than the actual speed paid for.
And they want to make some cities wi-fi. HA!
oh.. no use geting wi-fi cards here..they as slow as a dial-up..most poeple use them only if they have to check mails, nothing else.
sigh...
and yup...a lot of people here wold agree with you....

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 2:51 PM · edited Sat, 12 January 2008 at 2:52 PM

Quote - ...I get roughly anywhere between 90-120 kbps per day. I have been told by the broadband company (the main internet providers chaps out here) that is excellent..most people don't get more than 100 kbps! at 256 kbps..you get around 120-150- for 15 pounds a month. companies who pay thru their noses for 1mbps  to  i'm not so sure what..get less than the actual speed paid for...

I'm in kind of the same boat. Just got "1.5 mbps broadband" (pronounced "90 kbps" :lol: ); and it only costs an arm and a leg.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 8:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Actually, I think here in the UK they are going to have an investigation into why we don't get the Dload speeds we pay for.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:18 AM

ever that happens in India?? HA! fake reports, false investigations. companies land up in trouble..bribe the government officials.
ongoing story out here.... complacent. it's too much to fight for your rights here,. go round it, rather than get rid of the obstacle, or just accept it and say "we getting broadband, so what's the use of fighting for 50-60 little kpbs? it's ok. let it be. who wants to fight with government officials pofficials? and if the company gives us proper broadband, they'll charge us more."

suprising attitude, ain't it, for a country that just produced the world's cheapest car.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:25 PM
Forum Moderator

That's what you get for throwing out the British Rajh(SS) !!! 
:b_funny:

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 8:19 PM

in terms of coffe roast vs caffeine content, the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine. Taste on the other hand is the inverse - darker roast - stronger taste.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:42 PM

i ahte the taste of dark roast.. i get sa bean here call american bean..ahem. the dark one is called italian. i go for the american one..smoother on the tongue and you are right..higher on the kick.

Chris..grrr...   ok..i ain't complaining. you brits gave us the railway tracks thatw  e are still using till now. no change ever in tracks..maybe a few more lines added..but the old tracks are the same.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:51 AM
Forum Moderator

Rosie: We also gave you cricket, the English language and unless I'm very much mistaken - the most accurate maps of your fine country.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 7:16 AM

accurate?? . ahem..and who was responsible for creating a map  that divided the country into two... and look at the horrendous mess now because of the improper lines drawn? Sir Radcliff ought to have been clear in his dividing the country.. even though it should not have been done.  go thru http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

Chris..the three worse nitemares of modern history ever recorded..

1. Slavery
  2. the Holocaust
  3. Partition of India.

I pray that we never ever have to go thru a fourth.

hugs.. but yup... thanks for the railway system, and the language and cricket! (btw.. I back the west Indies if they play against India or at the World cup! :-) :-) )

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 10:24 AM
Forum Moderator

As I understand it, half the muslims of India couldn't wait to get into Pakistan. But there's another story.

However, I wasn't refering to the partition of India. From what I learned in history, the British Army walked the length and bredth of India measuring everything with a tape measure to create maps. What those maps were ultimately used for? I must have missed that leasson ;-)

At least you have an independant state. Here in Wales, we have to go cap-in-hand to the English government for powers to run our own country, mainly because the English don't believe that Wales is capable of governing itself.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 4:25 AM

At least you have an independant state. Here in Wales, we have to go cap-in-hand to the English government for powers to run our own country, mainly because the English don't believe that Wales is capable of governing itself.

Pfft! See what you get for not wearing kilts! You all love the sheep more than the haggis, servees ye right ;)

cackles madly, from Scotland :D

On original topic, meh, I loved bryce but moved to Vue while back, bryce still has some nice features I preffer (in some material UI areas) but, Vue is so much more capable...if only Metacreations hadn't made a mess with with Bryce, sigh.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 8:26 AM
Forum Moderator

Silverblade: There's only been two good things to come out of Scotland. Whiskey and the road to England.:tt2:

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 8:35 AM

well there was me ole Dad as well who came to Canada in 1929 after defending the free world idea in the Great War[WW1] heh heh heh.. ...😉

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 7:57 PM

lol.silverblade and the bryster... just got my permit free work visa for the UK... seems i'll soon start wearing a kilt IF i get a job.

btw..do women wear kilts?? . i always liked them..at least..u see men's legs.. :-P

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 10:25 PM

thebryster,
baaaaaaaaah! ;)
pokes him with a leek :)

Bobby,
oh cool! Lot of Scots moved ot Canada, think similar climate and even bigger hills inspired them ;)
All part of a plan to spread the kiltish ways :D
Did your love of music come from yer dad? Know a lot of people loved folk singing back then and music was common. Grandpa was always singing....mostly to annoy me Gran, hehe ;)

My cousin and his Dad are/were guitarists. His Dad could play like Hank Marvin from The Shadows, damn he was good!

Erosiaart,
Welcome to the UK! :) While I hope you have a great time here, please forgive us for the ill-mannered louts that many youngsters are now, sigh, most of us British folk are pretty nice, just the young scumbags are, alas, more vociferous currently :/
I actually get embarassed for my country , seeing idiots like that Jade Goody, sigh.

I'm old fashioned, manners in this country (the entire UK) are deplorable now, sorry to give you a negative before you even arrive here. I'm just apologizing and giving fair warning in advance, as I know most Indians are very mannerly and considerate  :)
The very large Indiian community across the UK should give plenty of help and comfort though.

My Uncle in law is Indian, from Kerela (correct spelling?) He moved to America in the 1960s, met and married my aunt there, he's a computer genius, brilliant man!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 11:00 PM

lol..silverblade... lol..i've been to london tons of times, and i so  seem to get along well with everyone... jabbering to oldies feeding the ducks at st james park, having the tfl pple help me out whenver me get lost, smiling at the bobbies and having them smile back, being me good ol self and having so many people come back to me with positive vibes! oh.. even had the security chap at st paul's whispering gallery chat with me for hal fhour and then shock the wits out of me by whispering into the wall when i was way across so i could experience it first hand etc.
kerala is is the right spelling...have you been there? you ought to..the houseboats are a wondersite to see... he'll tell you about it.

lemme get a job first sir.... :-)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 2:52 AM

Ah cool! :) I'm just fed up with all the nitwits here, Gasgow would grow hair on a rock  ;)

Alas I haven't been to India, Australia 15 or so years ago is only far off place I've been (I lead a boring life :P). 

My uncle works like a beaver, hardly anyone seems him, lol! Only see him once in a rare while when my aunt can get him to stay put for 5 minutes. Got some pics last year from one of my nephews, he was spending some months in Indialot of the time in a tea plantation where they had a beautiful hotel  (they take after their dad, VERY clever folk, but also like their Mum...they can actually relax, hehe)

Good luck with the job, Erosi' ! :)

Oh, I have bunch of Bryce / Vue / UVmapper tutorials if anyone needs ;)
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/tutorials/htm/index.htm

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 3:15 AM

@silverblade33...My Dad came from a long line of Prince's Street Tailors in Edinburgh, but due to mustard gas in WW1 his vision required glasses, decreasing his worth as a hand sewing tailor [no machines in their shop]. So he stayed in the Army, went to Egypt where his first wife died of T B,[all too common then], and as he had lost a lung to shrapnel at the very end of the war, could vo longer live on The Island, was told his best choices within the Commonwealth were Australia in the dry outback or the Canadian prairies so he got here just in time for the depression. Fortunately had picked up the ventriloquist's art somewhere along the way, he never did say, and fell in with a band of, for all intents and purposes, hobos, and they formed the Dixie Minstral Show Band and performed in Minstral Blackface for most of the depression going from gig to gig by freight train.....Vaudeville is what's in my blood...LOL...as well as hand tailoring...For a decade I did high quality hand sewn leather every and any thing custom. I got the music in my soul from the Pentecostal Church Choir I went to from birth until I learned to think for myself, heh heh heh.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 6:48 AM

There are indeed a lot of people with roots in Scotland here in Canukustan. (Cameron on father's, Campbell on Mother's myself)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 10:45 AM

My ground ID is Bob Purves, and Purves is a sept of the Cameron Clan so we're way back related...LOL and my ex wife was of the Campbell Clan...small Scottish World indeed.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 5:56 PM

Bobby
yikes! He had a hard time,but he sounds like a right trooper :)
used ot be a great black and white minstrel show here in UK before that became politically incorrect, sigh.

Great granddad became an ardent communist after WW1...every time they entered German trenches they had lovely concerete bunkers, while the British soldiers were in mud...and always there were cement bags as flooring in these bunkers...

So, come end of the war, great granded going home finds theBritish staff officers had used much of our concrete to build an underground city for themselves, all nice and safe, and the SAME company had made concrete for the germansand us...so Great grandpa blew his stack, lol.

I'm from the Neil clan, not MacNiel,but just Niel...Macs are youger wannabes :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.