Mon, Sep 23, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: CRC check failed - Anyone getting this error when trying to unzip a Renderosity

JeniferC ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 3:28 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

Please post here if you are having this problem and are willing to help us troubleshoot it.  So far we only know of a few members having this problem and we've been unable to duplicate it. Therefore, we need help from anyone having the problem so we can figure out what the common denominators are.

Here is what we know so far:
Some files from new orders appear to be corrupt
Errors have to do with file size ( CRC check failed)
Zip corrupt File problem seems to only be on bondware sites
date of order or file does NOT matter (I previously posted that it did, sorry)

Here is what we need to know from everyone having the problem:

1.  Who is your ISP?
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs?
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs)
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager?
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running?
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?
  4. What browser do you use?
  5. Brand of your router/firewall for your local network? (see known issue with Netgear routers at bottom of this post)

Here is what we theorize the problem to be:
Packet loss between Bondware servers and user's ISP is causing the file size difference
Software problem interpreting the correct file size determined by Bondware's php script

Searches online state the problem can come from system (hardware) problems, buggy software or incomplete downloads. We're working to try to figure out which one is the case here.  Some tips for resolving are to

1. check for software updates
  2. do a complete virus scan
    3) remove previous files before trying to re-download
  3. reboot your computer
  4.  try a download manager
  5. try a different software to unzip - many offer free trials, but beware of betas because they could still be buggy.  (winamp, winzip, pkware, camunzip, izarc)

Thanks everyone for your assistance and patience while we work to resolve the problem.

Jenifer

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 3:38 PM

May I suggest a small test zip for those of us not buying atm but wish to help?

JeniferC ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 3:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=34331&key=4631

Sure.  That''s a great idea.  

This file is called test.zip and has 2007's press kit info in it.

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:03 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:04 PM

ok the zip opened fine here with no problems at all

my details -

1.  Who is your ISP? - Cogeco

2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? - 10mb Cable
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? - Xp Pro Sr3
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs) - Winzip pro 11
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager? - none

3.  What Anit-virus software are you running? - Kapserky 2008
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? - 11.6mb

4. Downloaded with Firefox 3

hope that helps.. it's coming upto Canada fine...

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:05 PM

Similarly, you could also go to your customer account and re-download an old purchase to a new, empty, folder, and try to unzip it.

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:26 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:31 PM

Just to add some heat to the fire ...

I've noticed something odd for the last 2 to 3 days ... a Renderosity page will load very garbled ... as though some of the HTML was missing/not sent to my browser.  The next time I access the same page, it will reload OK. 

I'm willing to guess that what I'm seeing is related to the ZIP issue (or at least similar). 

Here are your questions and my answers ...

1.  Who is your ISP?

Cablevision

1.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?

cable broadband

windoze XP SP2

n/a

n/a

1.  What Anit-virus software are you running?

ess from eset.com

7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?

n/a

--
Martin

p.s. I am seeing some additional unpleasant side effects: lock up the browser for 20 to 30 seconds; garble some of the images.  Yesterday I was seeing the right-hand sidebar come up in bright blue instead of the usual default grey. 

JeniferC ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 4:45 PM

Thanks Khai for helping us out. 

MGD, thanks for letting us know about the strange things you're seeing too.  I do believe our IP changes on Tuesday have played some part in the current problems and could have a relation to the slowness, garbled pages, and zip problems.  Are you able to download and unzip files from Renderosity? 

Mitzibear ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 5:30 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 5:36 PM

I am one of those having troube sadly with the zip files :( So here is my info

1.  Who is your ISP? bellsouth.net
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? DSL
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? **I have Vista 32 bit I have all the newest service packs.
    **4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs) Winrar 3.71
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager? Nope
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running?  **Norton Antivirus
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? 25.9 before downloading and after it says its 27,197,669
    **8) What browser do you use? **I have tried both IE and Mozilla
    Hope this can help some. Need any more info let me know. Also on Mozilla I could not ever see the posting window to post on this forum. I too have been seeing the weird images and such. But in IE things seem to be ok for the images. And I am in IE posting this now.

Also let me add I have did a virus scan and got nothing, I have downloaded another unzip program and still get the errors. I have cleared out everything and rebooted as well and still I cannot unzip the files. It list files and says they have been corrupted.

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 5:45 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 5:50 PM

file_409054.jpg

Given the file size, this should have taken about 8 seconds to download ... instead, it finished before I could open the download progress page.  (as in, too fast). 

As you can see from the error popup message, winZIP didn't like the file very much. 

Additional information ...

Extracting to "C:Documents and SettingsMartin DiehlLocal SettingsTemp"

Use Path: no Overlay Files: yes

Extracting RenderosityMediaKit2007August.pdf

bad CRC f5ec4013 (should be 66235cd5)

Warning: the size of the extracted file (12282674) does not match the uncompressed size (12282620) recorded in the zip file

Some things to check ...

1. Have your programmers tell you the correct CRC. 

2. Has your new ISP created any caching proxy servers for your outbound traffic?  Those don't play very well with dynamically created web pages. 

--
Martin

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:20 PM

file_409059.jpg

Your web pages are now being displayed in a very snarky fashion ... right? 

--
Martin

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:21 PM

file_409060.jpg

more ...

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:21 PM

more ...

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:23 PM

file_409063.jpg

more ...

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:24 PM

file_409064.jpg

more ...

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:25 PM

file_409065.jpg

... finally the last

--
Martin

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:28 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:29 PM
  1.  Who is your ISP? - XS$ALL (www.xs4all.nl)
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? - DSL PPPoA (6 Mbit down/768 Kbit up)
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? - Windows XP 64 bit, SP 2
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs)  - WinZip 10.0 (build 6685)
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager? - No
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running? - None
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? n/a
  4. What browser do you use? Internet Explorer 7.0 64 bit.

File downloads and opens fine, no problems here.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:32 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 6:35 PM

file_409066.jpg

... and then I looked at the page to see why it displayed 5 times wider than usual ... it was very snarkey near the bottom ...

It looks as if somewhere, you have a port with a stuck transmitter. 

--
Martin

JeniferC ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 7:04 PM

Thanks for posting. This is good info to know.

MGD ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 9:00 PM

BTW, the screenshot wasn't a funky green at the bottom when I uploaded it ... and I still have a copy as evidence [grin]

--
Martin
p.s. Let me know if you want that last screenshot uploaded a second time for comparison. 

Mitzibear ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 11:37 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2008 at 11:37 PM

So has anyone found out anything? Its kind of frustrating buying a product this morning and still being able to download it but then the zip saying the files are corrupt :(

ChristineG ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 6:01 AM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 6:06 AM

Ok.. I’m having problems with the pages loading and freezing.

Never had that kind of troubles before..

First a thought it was my PC.. but I guess not.

The test zip was fine here with me.

Only problem I’m having is the pages freezing

Browser: Internet ex.
WinRar for unzipping the files
and AVG 8.0 Full version for Anti Virus program :-D

Children are Angels who's wings get smaler as their legs get longere

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 8:56 AM

At ChristineG - re: AVG8 - turn off Web shield & see how it goes.  I'm using AVG8(full version) & by turning off Web Shield the pages loaded as they should.

ChristineG ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 9:19 AM

Quote - At ChristineG - re: AVG8 - turn off Web shield & see how it goes.  I'm using AVG8(full version) & by turning off Web Shield the pages loaded as they should.

I will try that.. thank you

Children are Angels who's wings get smaler as their legs get longere

vegasite ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 9:59 AM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 10:01 AM

file_409105.png

The odd thing is that of all the files I purchased and downloaded, only one refused to open:  The Body Sensual: V3 Combo I, II, III I have now exceeded my download limit.

Here is what we need to know from everyone having the problem: 

1.  Who is your ISP? Cox
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?  DSL
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs?  Mac / 10.4.11
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs)  Stuffit 10 / build 235
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager?  No
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running?  None
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?  11.81 megs
  4. What browser do you use?  Safari / Firefox Gran Paradiso

MGD ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 10:38 AM

file_409108.jpg

I was checking in to see what progress has been made and got this botched web page ...

Please take special note of the banner ad ... "Something has gone horribly wrong" [grin]

BTW ... I have seen some sugestions that the antivirus software is causing this, or that users should turn the antivirus software off; etc. 

That is really bad advice ... i don't have any idea how that stupid rumor ever got started ... but lets put a wooden stake in it now.  After all, if several different people are suddenly having the same issue (and they have various different kinds of PCs, different OS, different antivirus) ... How could the antivirus be the common cause???

--
Martin

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 11:11 AM

1st no one said to turn your AV off.  For those JUST having issues with screen display & those who just have AVG8 - FULL VERSION - turning the web shield off solves this issue & ONLY them does this apply.  By turning off the Web Shield you are NOT disabling the anti-virus - anti-spam portion of the AVG8 ONLY!

Since you don't have AVG8 you have no idea of what I speak of.

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 11:51 AM

Thank you all for the feedback, we are still looking into it. Please understand this is probably going to take some time to figure out since we cannot duplicate the problem and it's happening so sporadically.

vegasite, you had simply reached your max downloads. I have reset your downloads so you can try again.

MGD & ChristineG, Please note that one said to completely turn off the anti-virus software, only the Web Shield on AVG8.0.  There are known technical issues with AVG's web shield that causes pages to freeze or not load properly. We have been able to duplicate that problem with AVG's Web Shield in our office. You can leave the rest of the anti-virus features turned on, so your computer is still protected.

There is a possibility that some of the problems experienced when using Netscape are browser based, the bright blue is a good example of the browser not supporting transparent backgrounds. Renderosity's design is best viewed in Firefox and IE.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 12:21 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 12:22 PM

Well its not to well viewed in Firefox either. I have to come into IE to even post on the fourms cause on Firefox the posting box is not even showing up. Not to mention all the trouble MGD is having I am too having in Firefox. The webpage is really messed up in firefox as well. Like I say to even post a reply  I have to use IE. Or else there is not box to write my replies in.

scanmead ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 1:38 PM

Mitzibear, if you use NoScript with FF, you need to 'allow' Renderosity, because the reply boxes are Java script. Test file downloaded and opened fine here. 1) Who is your ISP? Earthlink 2) What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? DSL 3) What OS do you run and what version and service packs? WinXP SP2 4) What software is used to Unzip the file? (version & service packs) Iceows 4.20 5) Do you use any type of download manager? No 6) What Anit-virus software are you running? PC-cillan 7) What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? Before 11.6MB/After 11.5MB 8) What browser do you use? Opera 9.21 and Firefox 3

Momcat ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 1:42 PM

I'm using Firefox 3, and I have intermittent problems with the graphics anomalies, and form fields.
The only consistent form field issue is that the page auto-scrolls up whenever the enter key is used while writing a post.  I have had 3 instances of other form field issues.  One time last night, the form field was only represented by a white table, no post controls at all.  The other two times, it had to do with the attachment field not showing the file that was browsed to, but the file did still upload as it should.  The graphics anomalies are random and inconsistent.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 3:01 PM

I actually had no problems prior to Rendo doing what ever they did the other day to the site. Everything went downhill from there. Firefox was working just great up until then. I did nothing new on my end.

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 3:52 PM

I've posted this elsewhere and had sent an email but here it is to keep it in one place.

Yesterday I had issues other than the zip ones as well, like MGD I had a garbled site and occasionally session Ids at the top of the screen.

I wanted toa dd I've also had image issues lately - images don't load correctly, they have pixelations through them as if they are corrupt.  this is rare, but it's happening.

In FF3 I had no FCK textbox to reply or initiate posts.
In IE 6 I had the boxes but was unable to select or type in them.
I'm also having an occasional page jump when hitting enter (that may be FF3 but it only seems to be happening here)

Zip files in one order:
1 zip was fine, it was a small zip (check my recent order for info).
The other zip had the CRC error and wouldn't open (it was a larger zip)

I tried the larger zip again today and it still is corrupted.

1. Who is your ISP?
    Verizon
  2. What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?
    DSL
  3. What OS do you run and what version and service packs?
    WinXP
  4. What software is used to Unzip the file? (version & service packs)
    WinZip 8
  5. Do you use any type of download manager?
    No
  6. What Anit-virus software are you running?
    AVG
  7. What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?
    Before 22.77MB/After 22.7MB (not unusual files are often a smidgen larger online)
  8. What browser do you use?
      Firefox 3 & IE 6

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

turtleheart ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:01 PM

I got a crc error message when trying to unzip.  I have comcast cable, Win XP Pro with SP2, no download accelerators, windows live one care, using winzip and IE 7

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:22 PM

No problems here...and here is the info.....

1.  Who is your ISP? - AT&T

2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? - dsl

3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? - Xp Home svc pk 3

4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  windows unzip and winrar

5)  Do you use any type of download manager? - No

1.  What Anit-virus software are you running? - AVG 8 Free edition with RESIDENT SHIELD turned off.

7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? -... 11.5 mg before downloading......11.5 after dl and before unzipping.  11.7 after unzipping.

1. Downloaded with IE 7

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=14076

The fact that you didn't have a problem with the small file could depend on when you downloaded and opened the smaller file.  I think if you redownloaded the smaller file, you've have the same problem.

Are any of you running your own domain name server?

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:31 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:33 PM

Quote - The fact that you didn't have a problem with the small file could depend on when you downloaded and opened the smaller file.  I think if you redownloaded the smaller file, you've have the same problem.

Are any of you running your own domain name server?

Jen, both files were in the same order, I downloaded one and then the other consecutively, but I could try to download the small one again.

Not running my own domain name server.

edit nope the smaller download opens just fine.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 4:46 PM

I'm running a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain at home, my workstations connect to the Internet through this domain. So I do run my own DNS server.
No problems here.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Momcat ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 5:01 PM

BTW, that link comes up as restricted content for me.

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 5:13 PM

3DA - Wow!  It's really small (about half a mb).

Momcat, I changed the status of that link so you should be able to read it now. The link is to the article about the IP address changes, which you might have already seen.

featherwitch ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 6:55 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 6:58 PM

Hi there-
Figured I'd put my 2 cents in here as well as I, too, am having issues both here and at another Bondware site. I got one product there to work properly after clearing my browser cache, but one still refuses to unzip properly. I did what turtleheart suggested here in another post and may have gotten something to work (haven't tried it in Poser yet).

1.  Who is your ISP? Comcast
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? Cable
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? Win XP home SP2
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs) WinZip 9-SR1 (purchased version)
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager? No
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running? Computer Associates Internet Security Suite '08 (tried downloading other file with firewall off- no luck)
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? Various
  4. What browser do you use? IE 7

I have also noticed garbled images on both sites as of the last few days- strange colors and pixel-ly blocks through an image, or an image not loading at all. I had installed XP SP3 before, but un-installed it when things started to go wonky- thinking it may be the problem. So far no. I wasn't having any problems prior to the last few days...
Hope they get it figured out for you all (and us too)!  :o)
~Amy / featherwitch

Mitzibear ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 7:16 PM

!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeGeometrieshairClioHairV4_M.OBJ. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesHairClio HairClio Hair.hr2. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTR.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX01.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX02.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX03.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX04.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX05.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX08.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX09.jpg. The file is corrupt

This is what I keep getting. I have dumped cahce etc and still I get this :(

featherwitch ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 7:45 PM

Addendum to last post:
Tried unzipping tonight's purchase of Danae's Milan with WinRar- same CRC errors. Cleared browser cache and re-downloaded it. This is the error file from WinZip:

Extracting to "C:Program Filese frontierPoser 7"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Extracting !!!Milan_Morph.png
Extracting !!!Milan_Morph.pz2
Extracting !!Milan_Basic_SetUp.png
Extracting !!Milan_Basic_SetUp.pz2
Extracting !Face_BlackEye.png
Extracting !Face_BlackEye.pz2
Extracting !Face_BlackEye_NH.png
Extracting !Face_BlackEye_NH.pz2
Extracting !Face_CatEye.png
Extracting !Face_CatEye.pz2
Extracting !Face_CatEye_NH.png
Extracting !Face_CatEye_NH.pz2
Extracting !Face_Natural.png
Extracting !Face_Natural.pz2
Extracting !Face_Natural_NH.png
Extracting !Face_Natural_NH.pz2
Extracting !Face_Smudgy_Eye.png
Extracting !Face_Smudgy_Eye.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_Black.png
bad CRC d1637d71 (should be c80d360e)
Extracting EyeLashes_Black.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_Blonde.png
Extracting EyeLashes_Blonde.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_BlondeLight.png
Extracting EyeLashes_BlondeLight.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_Brown.png
Extracting EyeLashes_Brown.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_Dark_RedHead.png
Extracting EyeLashes_Dark_RedHead.pz2
Extracting EyeLashes_RedHead.png
Extracting EyeLashes_RedHead.pz2
Extracting Eyes_Blue.png
Extracting Eyes_Blue.pz2
Extracting Eyes_Brown.png
Extracting Eyes_Brown.pz2
Extracting Eyes_Green.png
Extracting Eyes_Green.pz2
Extracting Eyes_LightGreen.png
Extracting Eyes_LightGreen.pz2
Extracting Lips Glossy_Brick.png
Extracting Lips Glossy_Brick.pz2
Extracting Lips Glossy_Candy.png
Extracting Lips Glossy_Candy.pz2
Extracting Lips Glossy_Nude.png
Extracting Lips Glossy_Nude.pz2
Extracting Lips_Matte_DeepRed.png
Extracting Lips_Matte_DeepRed.pz2
Extracting Lips_Matte_Natural.png
Extracting Lips_Matte_Natural.pz2
Extracting Lips_Matte_Red.png
Extracting Lips_Matte_Red.pz2
Extracting Lips_Moist_Natural.png
Extracting Lips_Moist_Natural.pz2
Extracting Lips_Moist_Purple.png
Extracting Lips_Moist_Purple.pz2
Extracting Lips_Moist_Red.png
Extracting Lips_Moist_Red.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss.png
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss1.png
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss1.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss2.png
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss2.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss3.png
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss3.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss4.png
bad CRC 35fca14d (should be 6bbd341a)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (42372) does not match the uncompressed size (42368) recorded in the zip file
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss4.pz2
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss5.png
Extracting Lips_SP_Gloss5.pz2
Extracting License.txt
Extracting MilanReadMe.txt
Extracting BrowsMask2.jpg
Extracting EYEB.jpg
Extracting EYEG.jpg
Extracting EYEL.jpg
Extracting EYELG.jpg
Extracting HeadBlackEye.jpg
Extracting HeadBlackEyeNB.jpg
Extracting HeadCatEye.jpg
Extracting HeadCatEyeNB.jpg
Extracting HeadMessEye.jpg
Extracting HeadNatural.jpg
Extracting HeadNaturalNB.jpg
Extracting LashesNatural.jpg
Extracting LipsGlossBrick.jpg
Extracting LipsGlossCandy.jpg
Extracting LipsGlossNude.jpg
Extracting LipsMatteRed.jpg
Extracting LipsMoistPurple.jpg
Extracting LipsMoistRed.jpg
Extracting MilanLIMBS.jpg
bad CRC 306d73b3 (should be c70028c0)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (1286209) does not match the uncompressed size (1286427) recorded in the zip file
Extracting MilanTORSO.jpg
Extracting MilanTORSO_NH.jpg
bad CRC 0e19c129 (should be d9e0508c)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (1267285) does not match the uncompressed size (1267280) recorded in the zip file
Extracting TEETH.jpg
Extracting Thumbs.db

Sorry so long, but I wanted to include everything in case it may help.  ~Amy

Mitzibear ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 8:17 PM

Hey I can see the thing to post again in Mozilla :) Going to try redownloading the files too see what happens.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 8:22 PM

Nope Still can't unzip it.

!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeGeometrieshairClioHairV4_M.OBJ. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesHairClio HairClio Hair.hr2. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesHairClio HairClio Hair_M.hr2. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesPoseMAT Clio Hair!MAT Clio 02.png. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesPoseMAT Clio HairFit P7m.pz2. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: The archive is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesPoseMAT Clio HairStyle 23.pz2. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: The archive is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX04.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX07.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairClioHair_63628.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesplus3dHairClioHairTX08.jpg. The file is corrupt

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 11:03 PM
  1.  Who is your ISP?
    mts.net.  They go through Sympatico

High Speed DSL

XP Pro with all of the SR and updates.

Mostl Winrar , but also Winzip. Sometimes the one that comes with XP
All 3 unzipped the test zip file

Not really sure what a download manager is, so I guess I don't. I just click and it downloads.

CA Antivirus
    CA Firewall with the settings changed to allow downloading of .exe, .zip and .rar files. Unless that setting is changed, there are problems.

The test file was 11.6 or 11.8 (sorry, forgot which one) prior to download
The file shows at 11.5 on my desktop

1. What browser do you use?
    I use Mozilla-Firefox 1.5.0.8

I would have people check their firewall settings. I have found that every problem that I've had has been firewall related.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 11:21 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2008 at 11:23 PM

Ok, I just went and redownloaded 2 zips from a purchase I made earlier this month.  They are part 1 and part 2 of one pacikage.

I could open them no problem using Winrar and Winzip. All of the contents extracted without an error.

However, when I right clicked on the zip and picked "Compressed Zipped Folders" which comes with Windows, and tried extracting the runtime folder, I got a windows popup window error message saying the following:

"The system cannot find the file specified"

The way the "Compressed Zipped Folders" works is that when it opens up it looks like you are viewing files in a standard folder.  To extract the contents you just drag and drop to where you want.

When I tried dragging and dropping the runtime to another folder, I got that "The system cannot find the file specified" error, and the only files that were actually extracted to where I was dragging the runtime to was a .DS Store icon, the Renderosity License and the product readme.  None of the actual product files were copied.

I repeated the exercise with the marketing zip that was included earlier, and managed to open the zip with the "Compressed Zipped Folders" method and I was able to drag and drop the marketing folder to another folder without any issues.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Moloryx ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 5:37 AM
  1.  Who is your ISP?
    UPC

Cable 40Mbit

XP SP2

Tried Winzip 8, Total Commander, Windows Explorer

No

AVG8, but with it on or off same problem

On site: 10.24 MB, download: 10.2 MB (10,735,183 bytes)

1. What browser do you use?
    IE6 and FF3

Error:

Extracting MG_Dress.cr2

bad CRC e8a289e2 (should be a00201aa)

Warning: the size of the extracted file (21139191) does not match the uncompressed size (21139596) recorded in the zip file

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 6:39 AM

I tried something, I right clicked: browsed the folder: and then pulled them out.  It seemed all went well until I opened Poser and found I had empty folders and no content. 

-Galileo

Mitzibear ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 9:12 AM

I tried to download the Zip file that was placed here for a test and got this

!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioTest_34331.zip: CRC failed in MarketingRenderosityMediaKit2007August.pdf. The file is corrupt

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 10:30 AM
  1.  Who is your ISP?  AT&T Yahoo
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? DSL
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? WINXP (Win32) Servixe pack 1
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs) Winzip 8
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager?  No
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running?  Avast Free Home edition
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?  Before=11.6MB ... After=11.6 MB
  4. What browser do you use?  Opera 9.5 and again with Firefox3 and Explorer 7.

Test file downloaded fine all three times, no extraction problems and I opened and was able to read the document.

Problem with Opera and Firex is no reply window on forums but it's there with Explorer.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 10:42 AM

I'm using Firefox 3, and only once did I have an issue with no text field showing up.  I don't think that particular issue is Firefox.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.