Wed, Sep 25, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 9:47 am)

Subject: Finally!

masha ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 7:32 PM

Hey Mike :)

For my purposes, acro/dancing animations, I would lengthen upper arms a tad and the legs quite a bit more, but as long as I can do that myself  without wrecking it it's all good :)  I'm flattered that you consider my needs at all, thanks - after all you must go after your own vision and aims, and a 14k figure that bends so well is a dream!   Looking forward to downloading him again and should be able to post some renders for when you return. Take care.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 8:30 PM

Yo Phantom. Are you going to start wearing a wrestling belt and cape now? Gotta see that avatar.
A quick comment on the body type from that last pic.
imo...typically a figure with those slender of legs is also going to have a slender upper body, which this figure does not, or maybe it's the render angles. 
I'm talking as if this guy is an athelete and not a body builder.

You do excellent work, SM or DAZ should hire you. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 8:48 PM

they might be watching him.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2010 at 9:04 PM · edited Mon, 15 March 2010 at 9:06 PM

Hi Masha, No problem I can do that, longer legs and arms, perhaps move the shoulders in? How about the hips, are they too wide for a dancer?

DarkEdge, you're right, I was trying to not have to move the centers for the shoulders (lazy me LOL) But I guess if I'm going to do it I should do it right. I'm thinking I can either make it a seperate figure or I can use a joint insertion pose along with a morph that will load with a click. Or maybe better if I use the scaling to move the shoulders in. That may be best because it should work with clothing for both figures.

I will set up the scaling for the figure so that it all scales properly and that should cover alot of diferent body types. The only problems I can see for different figure types would be for a very overweight character, for that I may have to do a separate rig.

Ya got my cape and belt ready :) Been a very long time since I watched TV wrestling, last time was way back in Andre the Giants time. Ya I may be old, but still one tough SOB just in case any of you youngsters get any ideas. :laugh:

Esther, maybe, hope so.  :)

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 3:21 PM · edited Tue, 16 March 2010 at 3:28 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_449587.jpg

OK I have been working on body proportions, Brad was too tall anyway, so I shortened the body instead of lengthening the legs. I moved the shoulders in slightly even for a stocky guy they seemed way out of proportion.  Does his head look too large? I am used to seeing pinheads I guess.  But it still seems a bit large.

Anyway what do ya think, better? Body still looks too long to me I dunno.

P.S. this is the stocky version. Maybe he has too much dome on top of his head?

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 3:49 PM

If you haven't downloaded this yet, please do. It has so much potential that it's impossible not to be impressed.

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 3:57 PM

Looks reasonably well-proportioned, Mike. If you have access to 3d.sk, a good idea would be to superimpose a few comparable male images and compare.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 5:14 PM · edited Tue, 16 March 2010 at 5:15 PM

phantom3D:

Well, this IS the stocky version... Brad looks very believable. If you want to acheive a neutral figure from which larger and smaller characters can be morphed, I think you are coming close.

Thanks for asking about our observations. A few things that I see from head to toe:

The outer edges of the mandible seem a little wide (front view), but I have seen a few people with wide mandibles;
The inner aspect of the forearm seems to taper to a very thin wrist (front and back view);
The ankles and feet seem small for the rest of the body.

This is remarkable work. Sooner or later, the mesh and proportions will be settled upon, and changes will be made by the users with scaling, and morphs. I can't wait for the figure to be far enough along for Antonia to get a look at him.

Thanks for Brad. :)

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:23 PM

Note to youngsters...leave the old crazies alone! loads both barrels 😄

The guy as I see it in your pic is a fairly thick guy, so I am fine with the neck and head. The calves are too small for this body, possibly the hamstrings too.
The biceps looks like he does more than 12 oz. curls....oops, it's time for one of mine!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:27 PM

it's hard to say about the hed as we are very used to daz figures with their pinheads.  probably you should make his head fractionally smaller (not much), and maybe back of neck a tad shorter too.
agree about the wrists in the back to front axis - the side to side width is fine.
love es

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:30 PM · edited Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:31 PM

Mogwa: Thanks, glad you like him. He is getting to be a figure finally. Many new changes in the next full Alpha version. I will post the link in a few days.

Believable3D: Thanks, I do have a sub to 3dsk. I often dont trust the photo's though, most of them seem off to me, likely lens distortion. But I do use them for reference, have gobs of them printed out, all angles.

lkendall: Thank you for your observations. I see what you mean on the wrist and am working on it I plan to slim the forearm down a bit as well. Feet are too small. someone mentioned earlier that the foot is almost the same length as the forearm, I have been measuring and I found this is true if you measure from the inside to the wrist. So Brads feet need some more size for sure. I hope I will be done with the proportions by the next post.  Many problems with getting the various parts not only the right size, but to stay the right proportions throughout their range of motion in Poser. I have been finding though that if you have the proportions correct in the mesh, they play much better when bent. IE say the legs are too long, you have problems in poser with the knees being in the wrong place with many poses. But if the legs are proportioned correctly they look right throughout the range of motion (if your centers are correct)

Yes Brad is getting there, seems to be going faster now. Once I get this low poly set then it is an easy step for the high poly, I mearly need to divide the mesh. The next Alpha version will be to test and work out any problems with all the various bends, and any small mesh and shape problems. I hope after that the final shape will be set. Then I can move on to UV's, materials and morphs.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:33 PM

THERES A new texturing software for zbrush at rdna (I don't have zbrush)

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:38 PM

DarkEdge: Thanks for the observations I will see about adding some bulk to the calves, I cant get much detail in them but I can add some bulk.

estherau:  Thanks Esther, I think that is a good idea, the head does look slightly too large to me as well. The neck I will try to shorten it a bit in back, have to be carefull, because that area is very tight for bends. I have to give part of the neck in front to the head for the lower jaw to use for a true lower jaw that bends with bottom teeth, tongue and all in tact. (no morphs)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 6:45 PM

I'm not sure the neck does need shortening at the back. It looks oaky a the moment.  but if the head gets a bit smaller I think the neck at the back will need to come down a tad too.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 7:02 PM

actually I think it definitely needs shortening.  I remember now I've seen lots of muscular guys at my work and it's hard to fit a neck collar to them in hospital because the more muscular they are the less neck they have.  They tend to have "no neck" when they are very muscular.
Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 7:03 PM

we really are too used to looking at DAZ figures.

masha ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hi Mike,

How to critique  visuals without sounding too ignorant of the technical aspects, heh... The proportions and shaping of your high-res Brad in the first few pages of this thread were pretty damn good  except for neck and  a few bits so you have  an excellent reference for this low poly figure.  Is it out of necessity that they changed in this low-poly version?
Or did you simply want a different look to it? 

Back to the latest version you posted, as you, I feel the head is still too big and that by shortening the torso instead of the legs he acquired a spare tyre around his waist and hip, particularly from the back view, gone  is the nice taper to the waist. Of course we would be able to scale these back so it's all good, but you need a fairly attractive default figure to draw initial interest too.  Glad you'll be thinning down the forearms. I  also find that bending forearm with hand to shoulder the upper arm is quite a bit longer. :)

In your pics before this last u asked if hips need to be narrower no  I don't in that version, just the things I mentioned before.

I think low-poly Brad is of more limited interest for most ppl than the enthusiasm generated by high-poly and his bends and appearance - so before you leave for the ten days I would re-post some of those excellent pics to generate the anticipation Brad deserves. New people joining the thread need to be inspired too:)  Much as we hate to see you go, with a few days break  you'll  come back to it all with fresh eyes and a fresh perspective is just what often does the trick.

Looking forward to playing with the new downloads before you go bush. :)

Cheers!

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 8:38 PM · edited Tue, 16 March 2010 at 8:42 PM

Quote - Note to youngsters...leave the old crazies alone! loads both barrels 😄

The guy as I see it in your pic is a fairly thick guy, so I am fine with the neck and head. The calves are too small for this body, possibly the hamstrings too.
The biceps looks like he does more than 12 oz. curls....oops, it's time for one of mine!

Yup I think ole Brads been curlin kegs again, The biceps are a little thick eh? O'course that could be the farmwifes fault , as ohnery as a heifer she is.   :lol:

Thanks Masha I will post some more of the high poly.  I'll look again at the high poly and see whats different.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2010 at 9:13 PM

Quote - Yup I think ole Brads been curlin kegs again, The biceps are a little thick eh? O'course that could be the farmwifes fault , as ohnery as a heifer she is.   :lol: 

ohhh dude, that was too funny! roflmao
touche' Dartanion

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 11:49 AM

Any updated information on Brad?

LMK

poliakis ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 2:15 AM

ya, one month is tooooooooooooooo long  :m_thoughtful:

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 11:33 AM

file_451249.jpg

Hi **lkendall**, **poliakis**,

Busy month.  Brad I have now rigged all body parts, fingers, toes, eyelids, tongue, etc.  This low poly mesh is working very well with all bends.

lkendall, You may notice I have made the feet 25% larger, I added a few poly's for bending but may need a few more in the toes. 

I worked on small things like the fingernails to define them better and straighten up the shape.

Masha, You may notice I made the legs longer and slimmed him down a bit.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 11:44 AM · edited Wed, 14 April 2010 at 11:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_451252.jpg

I worked on the side bend for the legs and can now get him to do the splits even as a low poly figure with very little crumpling of the mesh.  I also  worked on the face and head a bit. I fitted the eye sockets to BagginsBills eyes, but I am waiting to see if he is going to sell them or not befor I make them permanent. If BagginsBill decides to sell them I will need to work out what is necessary or put my own eyes in.

I have worked on the shape and feel this will be a good default shape for the low poly figure. So I am about ready to do the UV's. I am satisfied with the mesh and should not need to change anything. So once I get the UV's done I will make a quick texture and Brad will step forth in all his glory :biggrin:   Cant wait to see him with a texture.

Oh I also worked in some much better eyelids.  I may still need to make the head a bit smaller we'll see.  What do you think?

Silke, Esther,  You may notice I shortened the neck.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 12:06 PM

Lookin' good! :o)

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 12:36 PM · edited Wed, 14 April 2010 at 12:36 PM

Are you sure that you want to use my eyes? I'm not sure I can make that geometry/shader setup work without refraction (ray-tracing). And a lot of people don't want to deal with ray-tracing.

In any case, I'm thinking I want to give you permission to use/include the BBeyes for Brad. Even if I were to sell them, they would be different - customized for V4 or M4 or whatever.

The Brad version, built into Brad's head, would not cut into that market as far as I can see. Nor would the Antonia version. My problem (if I can use that word) is with the ramifications of the Creative Commons License that odf wants to use on Antonia. It makes all of it open source and parts can be broken out and sold by anybody. odf has said that isn't quite how it would have to work, but I haven't grokked the whole thing yet.

So, consider this official permission to include the BBEye with Brad, as long as you don't in-turn give copyright of the eyes to others.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 1:08 PM

Thanks LaurieA. He is now at 16500 poly with the genitals. I think that is still low but approaching medium poly mesh.

Thank you bagginsbill. Yes I want to use them much. I have the bone included in the rig for the cover so refraction should work just fine. Some may not want to use ray tracing but for those who want something better (me for one) these eyes are the best.

I will make sure your interests are protected in the license.   

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 4:34 PM

"once I get the UV's done I will make a quick texture and Brad will step forth in all his glory    Cant wait to see him with a texture."

Good News and Good work.

I for one am ready to see His Glory.

I hope you still have plans on doing some Kids...
after this last Failed effort by DAZ , I would even be ready to Buy them, can't say the same thing for K4.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 4:48 PM

Hi Niles :)

I am indeed doing two children, I had worked on some some a couple of years ago and shall just use those shapes with this new mesh. I have mostly been missing a decent mesh in the past that would bend the way I wished. But this one is excellent, I mean by that, that it deforms very well.

The two children will use this mesh but they will be separate figures (not a morph) because in order to rig them correctly and get the best figure I will need to make small changes in the mesh for child proportions. Also I will need to remove things like the anus from the mesh to be safe. But I will try to keep the same UV layout so that they can use textures interchangeably.

Well 16500 poly's is as low as I could make so I hope that is low enough. Everybody happy with that?

Cheers,
Mike.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 5:47 PM

Quote - ...
Well 16500 poly's is as low as I could make so I hope that is low enough. Everybody happy with that?

Cheers,
Mike.

I'd have been happy with double that ;o)...lol.

Laurie

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quote - Well 16500 poly's is as low as I could make so I hope that is low enough. Everybody happy with that?

Antonia-121      38614
polys          38822
verts<br></br>
blMilWom      28984
polys          27433
verts<br></br>
blMilWom_v3      74510
polys          72712
verts

I'm quite happy with 16500.  :thumbupboth:  That's a remarkably trim geometry!  Wow!  :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

masha ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 6:15 PM

Hey Mike! Glad to see you back though I haven't been able to paticipate much myself in any of the recent  spurt of Antonia's  resources either.  How generous are people here!! 
Not to mention yourself of course, to share such a superior figure for free is remarkable!

I presume you too are inviting the participation of others in contributing stuff towards the free version of Brad, and that there will be as much enthusiasm  and support from all..

"I have worked on the shape and feel this will be a good default shape for the low poly figure."

Absolutely, his shape looks great!

"So I am about ready to do the UV's. I am satisfied with the mesh and should not need to change anything. So once I get the UV's done I will make a quick texture and Brad will step forth in all his glory    Cant wait to see him with a texture."

Nor can I. Wonderful!

"I may still need to make the head a bit smaller we'll see.  What do you think?"

It didn't jump out at me.  Will need to see him  closer for a better look-see.

"Well 16500 poly's is as low as I could make so I hope that is low enough. Everybody happy with that?

More than!  Excited is not the word!

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 7:06 PM

Quote - Hi Niles :)

I am indeed doing two children, I had worked on some some a couple of years ago and shall just use those shapes with this new mesh. I have mostly been missing a decent mesh in the past that would bend the way I wished. But this one is excellent, I mean by that, that it deforms very well.

The two children will use this mesh but they will be separate figures (not a morph) because in order to rig them correctly and get the best figure I will need to make small changes in the mesh for child proportions. Also I will need to remove things like the anus from the mesh to be safe. But I will try to keep the same UV layout so that they can use textures interchangeably.

Cheers,
Mike.

Great and Exciting News, I'm ready for Brad.
As far as removing the anus, no problem here 99.9 % of my renders are clothed, besides one look at most Kids and you can tell if they are "little _ssholes" are not.

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 2:45 PM

Phantom3D:

Welcome back. I hope you had a nice trip to your "rural" property.

I look forward to Brad's release. The work looks good to me. The head can be scaled if someone needs a slightly different proportion. I only see one standing render since your recent work, but the feet look a good size to me.

I don't do animations, so I am really looking forward to the higher poly version. I especially anticipate the P8/PP2010 version taking advantage of Poser's new rigging features (if those are still being considered).

LMK

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hi LaurieA, Cage, masha, Niles, lkendall,

I'm glad everyone is happy with the poly count. The count will actually be a bit higher, I forgot to add the eyes in there. Well I was shooting for under 20K and I will make that easily.

masha:  Yes I am inviting anyone who wants to to make anything they want for Brad. I certainly cant do it all alone, at least not in many years. :) Glad you like the shape, I like it better too now.

lkendall:  The high poly version will be at about 65K a bit high but it will have all the poly's necessary for really good morphs. The new rigging for Poser 2010 will be the same rig as this but will have all the extra enhancements. Extra falloff zones etc. It will not be so hard since I am starting with a great rig to begin with and just adding to it.

Well, I am working on the UV's right now and hope to have some more pics of the progress by tommorrow. I have the mesh all cut for the layout I want and am doing adjustments. (relaxing and adjusting for shear and distortion.)  Uv's are always tedious, but I have my process I work through for flat, low distortion results. The only thing I am not sure of is if people will like the layout.  It seems logical to me, but we'll see.

Cheers,
Mike.

OT there sure has been an uproar here, (kids?) so I'm going home till tommorrow. :scared:

model342 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 4:32 AM

On the image you see marked points with file. There it looks as if it has (swimming rings). This is so wanted or can still change.

http://www2.pic-upload.de/17.04.10/juuef1ymwq5.jpg

Then I am impressed his motion scope already even though not all parts of the body functions. Includes the Cr2 already JCM ´s to control the movement or goes that far without JCM ´s.
It is a good idea in the shoulder area include an additional actor. My erachtens improves their x y and z rotation behavior.
The only what you could do more in the footer area nor toes insert an actor that man can then even moving.
But nansonsten is already very impressive for a low poly version since it know hardly edges from rendering.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 2:55 PM

Hi model342 :)

Yes I can still take out the "swimming rings" (love handles) in fact in the last one I have taken alot of them out.  :)

No there are no JCM's in the CR2.

Yes for a muscular male three shoulder parts are best, like Apollo :)

I have an instep in the foot is this what you mean?

Thank you I am glad you like him.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:28 PM

file_451446.jpg

Well folks I have a face UV that I think is pretty good here. low distortion and pretty square.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:30 PM

file_451447.jpg

I still need to cut and flip it so it is the same on both sides.

Her's some jelly beans :laugh:

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:31 PM

file_451448.jpg

And with a checker board.  It all came out pretty good I think I hope the layout overall will be easy to use.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 3:56 PM

Beautiful!  Love the jelly beans.  :lol:

Mmm.  Jelly beans....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 4:01 PM

Looks good, I even like it just Jelly Beans ....
Just a thought, wonder how he looks in TreeBark and Leaves  :)

model342 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 4:10 PM

Hi phantom3D.

I think the foot in two separate joint areas for better function. Zone 1 involves the toes. The rest of the foot is assigned in the 2.

If the low poly cr2 without JCM is ´s then this figure is until now is the most about what.
But what I still somewhat surprised is the Cr2 refers to an OBJ what slightly is incomplete. When I open the OBJ have several things not included or are not divided. Missing the eyes and the hands are not divided. If the hands just act like the whole figure then I would play to happy times with them.

I am already curious what is everyone.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 4:15 PM

Wow Mike...that's a darn nice looking uv!! As someone who does a lot of uv mapping, I'm impressed :o).

Laurie

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:42 PM

Thanks Cage, Niles, Model342, LaurieA  :)

Niles, I will looks for some bark and leaves.  :)

model342:  The model you have of Brad did not have any fingers or eyes or any of that. It was just a test model. But this one has all the body parts.  The next test You will get to try Brad out with all the body parts included.  :)

Thanks Laurie, hope it all works.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:45 PM

file_451457.jpg

Well Here is the basic layout for the body. I is prety flat and I think a good layout.  Maybe.  You are actually looking at the back of the figure with the chest sort of peeled down between the legs in front.  The genitals I will map separately later.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:47 PM

file_451458.jpg

Here is a pic of the cuts, hope you can tell what I mean by peeling the chest down between the legs.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 6:50 PM

file_451459.jpg

Here is a checkerboard pattern, but you can see that by doing it this way I dont have any badly stretched spots under the arms, or anywhere. I hope this layout is not too confusing.  😄

I can cut this layout up for a high res version and put it on separate maps.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 7:30 PM

Woot!  Got Brads library of congress certificate in the mail.  :biggrin:  So ole Brads got his papers now, he's a legit citizen.  so I guess I better let him out of Jail.  :m_bouncy:

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 7:33 PM

Quote - Woot!  Got Brads library of congress certificate in the mail.  :biggrin:  So ole Brads got his papers now, he's a legit citizen.  so I guess I better let him out of Jail.  :m_bouncy:

Wow, you're serious business.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2010 at 7:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Woot!  Got Brads library of congress certificate in the mail.  :biggrin:  So ole Brads got his papers now, he's a legit citizen.  so I guess I better let him out of Jail.  :m_bouncy:

Wow, you're serious business.

Me serious, not often.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.