Sun, Oct 6, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT---Veeeery interesting state laws

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 8:23 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:59 AM

May eventually get banned here.  However, another interesting series of fact I found (since my creativeness is at an all time low) on U.S. state laws.

Better not break this law in Oklahoma.  Hunting whales is prohibited. 

In Tennessee, the only animal you can shoot from a car is a whale.  Darn good law

and in Oregon it is absolutely illegal for one car to be parked on top of another.  Jan

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 8:43 AM

Why do you keep saying that you'll eventually get banned here?  

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 8:55 AM

anyone got a Longbow? I'm a little behind in my practice...

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:02 AM

Personally I think any law against shooting or otherwise damaging whales is a good thing.

I am slightly confused about something though.  Much as I applaud their anti whale hunting program, aren't they both landlocked.  Any whale appearing in Oklahoma probably has other things to worry about.  Like why it's there? how it got there in the first place? it's a bit warm here isn't it? and why, not matter how hard I swish my tail, am I not moving forward?

Or is this a foresighted law intended to deal with the issue of whaling in the event of global warming flooding everywhere?

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:28 AM

Quote -  Why do you keep saying that you'll eventually get banned here?  

Time to break out the pitchforks & flaming torches yet? ban the witch! ban the witch!

ps plutom, I'm kidding. :tt2:

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:35 AM

Jenx--LOL-- banned for posting dumb OT's (I like posting dumb OT's).

Yepper, they are both landlocked.  Jan

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:35 AM

:lol:  I figure I may as well ask for a warning before it all goes down.  

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:36 AM

Quote - Jenx--LOL-- banned for posting dumb OT's (I like posting dumb OT's).

Last I checked, OT was not against the TOS ;)

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:36 AM

Quote - > Quote -  Why do you keep saying that you'll eventually get banned here?  

Time to break out the pitchforks & flaming torches yet? ban the witch! ban the witch!

ps plutom, I'm kidding. :tt2:

col--Jan

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:38 AM · edited Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:40 AM

Plutom most of my posts have either been OT or end up OT & I've been a member for years, I've had my wrist slapped more than once but never to the extent of being banned.

You have to do something pretty drastic to get yourself banned.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - Jenx--LOL-- banned for posting dumb OT's (I like posting dumb OT's).

Last I checked, OT was not against the TOS ;)

sort of a joke that went very flat---sorry.  Jan

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:47 AM

It's tough getting the punchline of a joke across on a forum when most of the readers have English as their second language, subtle humour usually just flies right over everyone's heads, parts your hair on the way past too. ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 10:17 AM

I got to be careful about that -- I think though that other countries eg Germany, France, China etc. have their own subtle punchlines that will fly over my head without parting anything.

It just sort of funny for example posting a regulation prohibiting something that could not possibly happen eg whales in landlock states or a stupid law stating that it is illegal to kiss a polar bear (I guess someone did it---once).  Jan

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 11:40 AM

And that person never lived long enough to boast that claim.

bjt860 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 12:41 PM

Here's two fron Kansas
Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats
No one may wear a bee in their hat

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:07 PM

Quote - Personally I think any law against shooting or otherwise damaging whales is a good thing.

I am slightly confused about something though.  Much as I applaud their anti whale hunting program, aren't they both landlocked.  Any whale appearing in Oklahoma probably has other things to worry about.  Like why it's there? how it got there in the first place? it's a bit warm here isn't it? and why, not matter how hard I swish my tail, am I not moving forward?

Or is this a foresighted law intended to deal with the issue of whaling in the event of global warming flooding everywhere?

John

Not likely, since most of the politicians in my embarrasment of a home state are convinced that greenhouse gasses are a myth.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:09 PM

Put the motor boat on a trailer behind the PickUp Truck, and then shoot the Rabbits while barreling down the highway!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Replicant ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:17 PM

I don't know if it remains on the statute books but at one time attempted suicide was a capital offense in Britain.
The one I like best is the British law that says that any pregnant woman who gets caught short can ask any policeman for his helmet to pee in.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:22 PM

Quote - I don't know if it remains on the statute books but at one time attempted suicide was a capital offense in Britain.
The one I like best is the British law that says that any pregnant woman who gets caught short can ask any policeman for his helmet to pee in.

AFAIK, it wasn't a capital offence but it was an offence.

I keep hoping Claire will get caught short and ask a passing copper for his hat.  In fact, I think every pregnant woman in England should make it their duty to pee in a copper's hat at least once a day.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

bjt860 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quote - Put the motor boat on a trailer behind the PickUp Truck, and then shoot the Rabbits while barreling down the highway!
dph

Good one.  Never thought of that.  Now I can have rabbit stew for dinner.

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 1:38 PM

Quote - Here's two fron Kansas
Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats
No one may wear a bee in their hat

Good one

(Picking on Kansas) another  Kansas state law--When two trains meet on the same track, neither will proceed until the other has passed.  I wonder what the punishment is for violating this law.

Fog has been banned in Kansas since 1793.  Rumors are that any fog sneaking in will be flogged 99 times.  Jan

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 2:24 PM

Quote - Fog has been banned in Kansas since 1793.  Rumors are that any fog sneaking in will be flogged 99 times.  Jan

I doubt this. Kansas became a political entity in 1854 (territory), and until the Lousianna purchase of 1803 the land was claimed by France.

bjt860 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 2:37 PM · edited Thu, 02 September 2010 at 2:38 PM

(Picking on Kansas) another  Kansas state law--When two trains meet on the same track, neither will proceed until the other has passed.  I wonder what the punishment is for violating this law.

Never could figure that one out.  But if any of you come to Wichita here's one you'll need to know

Before proceeding through the interesection of Douglas and Broadway, a motorist is required to get out of their vehice and fire three shot gun rounds into the air.

Wouldn't you love to see someone try that in these times?

replicand ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quote - No one may wear a bee in their hat

That is funny. In Chicago it is illegal to go fishing from the neck of a giraffe.

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - Fog has been banned in Kansas since 1793.  Rumors are that any fog sneaking in will be flogged 99 times.  Jan

I doubt this. Kansas became a political entity in 1854 (territory), and until the Lousianna purchase of 1803 the land was claimed by France.

Couldn't the state of Kansas had adopted the in place laws of  the  territory etc.  and one of French lawmakers wrote that law as joke (sense of humor).  Politicians have been known to adopt and pass laws without reading them.  Jan

Replicant ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:08 PM · edited Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:10 PM

A few more goodies.

In England it's still on the statutes that every man over the age of fourteen must carry out two hours of longbow practice every day.
In the city of York, it is legal to kill a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague. It's also against the law for a cab to carry a rabid dog or a corpse.
In France it is illegal to name your pig Napoleon. :lol:

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:27 PM

One pig named Nepoleon caused enough trouble, they don't want to repeat it.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Fog has been banned in Kansas since 1793.  Rumors are that any fog sneaking in will be flogged 99 times.  Jan

Couldn't the state of Kansas had adopted the in place laws of  the  territory etc.  and one of French lawmakers wrote that law as joke (sense of humor).  Politicians have been known to adopt and pass laws without reading them.  Jan

It would be in the state statutes, and I couldn't find it there. I found a citation on the web, but it didn't give any real reference, and seems to me to basically be a collection of urban legend laws. (Not to mention that the Lousianna territory wasn't really a political entity, it was mostly a vast expanse of hinterland owned by France, with a few settlements, most notably those in what is the modern day state.) I suspect that if there were such a law, it was probably a local ordinance, passed in 1893, and pertained to artificial creation of fog.

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 5:04 PM

In Hastings,Mi it's still on the books that it is illegal to shoot a black man durring daylight hours.

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 6:08 PM

Another TN law is:

More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.

Voodoo128 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 6:16 PM

Some funny California Laws

-Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
-Bathhouses are against the law.
-It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
-Women may not drive in a house coat.
-No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

And some local Los Angeles Laws

-It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.
-You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
-You may not hunt moths under a street light.
-It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
-Toads may not be licked.

-It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church.

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 7:18 PM

The toad licking ordinance is actually a drug ordinance. Some toads produce a pshycoactive drug in their skin.

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 7:28 PM

These are some pretty good ones.  Jan

Replicant ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 8:22 PM

I'd love to meet the legislator that came up with this one:

Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

And from a bit further afield:

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation. (I wonder which head.) :ohmy:

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 8:54 PM

Quote -

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation. (I wonder which head.) :ohmy:

Teenagers must have terrible acne there.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 9:45 PM

:lol:

Funny Missouri Laws:

• Installation of bathtubs with four legs resembling animal paws is prohibited.
  • Frightening a baby is in violation of the law.
  • You may not get an elephant drunk.
  • No person may have a “yard sale” in their front yard.
  • You may not attack birds with any type of catapult within the city.

My favorite one is "You may not get an elephant drunk".  Where is Missouri would you find some random elephant just hanging out at the local bar?? :lol:

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 12:29 AM

Quote - A few more goodies.

In England it's still on the statutes that every man over the age of fourteen must carry out two hours of longbow practice every day.
In the city of York, it is legal to kill a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague. It's also against the law for a cab to carry a rabid dog or a corpse.
In France it is illegal to name your pig Napoleon. :lol:

man i carry my corpse everywhere

guess i'll have to use the metro

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 8:41 AM

Quote - anyone got a Longbow? I'm a little behind in my practice...

Apache Longbow or Welsh longbow???? If needing a Welsh longbow one must produce they are a legal resident of Wales this way it's a good bet they will know how to use it properly. LOL!

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 8:46 AM

Quote - :lol:

Funny Missouri Laws:

• Installation of bathtubs with four legs resembling animal paws is prohibited.
  • Frightening a baby is in violation of the law.
  • You may not get an elephant drunk.
  • No person may have a “yard sale” in their front yard.
  • You may not attack birds with any type of catapult within the city.

My favorite one is "You may not get an elephant drunk".  Where is Missouri would you find some random elephant just hanging out at the local bar?? :lol:

Guess I broke a few laws here in Missouri by having a yard sale in my front yard selling drunk elephants. BTW you can't find any kind of elephant equipment at Bass Pro shop. ;)

My Facebook Page

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 8:55 AM

LoLReallyLOL.  I guess there should be a law against drunken elephants crawling across intersections-there are for humans.  In one state, it is illegal to crawl across the intersection (you can get your figures ridden over by lumber trucks hauling whales).

In Tennessee, it is perfectly legal to shoot Elvis Impersonators- probably that way in Nevada too (yeah probably an Urban legend.  However its funny) .  Jan

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 3:12 PM

Here in Detroit, we have some really dumb ones...this isn't even the state level, folks.

-You may not let your pig run free unless it has a ring in its' nose.
-Men, you may not scowl at your wife on a Sunday!  There is a fine to this (don't remember what it is, but I keep reminding my husband of that.)
-Thanks to overzealous hockey fans and their damned Octopi, if the security guards at the Joe Louis Arena catch you with anything that they think you might throw on the ice, you're goin' to jail.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.