Mon, Oct 7, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 8:23 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Lady Anne (Anne Boleyn type gown) for V4

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:06 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:28 AM

file_460814.jpg

Hi,

Finally, at long last, I got my own site.  Not much there at the moment but at least I don't have to bum upload/download space off others.  :-)

Q: Can I advertise/link to my free items I have on other sites here on the Renderosity Freestuff Forum?

A: Yes.

If I interpret the above correctly, then this post is legit.  If I misinterpreted it, someone please just remove the post.

I created Lady Anne Ensembles, with the intention of adding two or three more textures but I realized, after I'd done the Kettle Copper, with and without shaders, that more textures would take me a good week or two.  So I went ahead and uploaded Lady Anne ensembles in case someone wants to render the ghost of Anne Boleyn for Halloween.  Maps are also uploaded in case you want to retexture the dress.  All fabric maps, even the prop hood, is UV mapped to coordinating scale.  The jewelry maps are not but jewelry is not normally textured with fabric anyhow.

Please view the Readme first and look at the gallery images.  Make sure the outfit suits your needs before you waste time downloading it.  I use Norton and Norton swore the Runtime, and all the other files, were virus free.  Still, please use the product at your own discretion.

TOS -- same as all my others.  Commercial/personal renders are fine, but please don't redistribute the original textures, mesh, or rigs.  Although I modeled most of this mesh myself, I still used OKCRandy's V4Developer's Pack as a starting point for the rigging and the shoes.  Some of the textures were purchased, used with permission, and credits are given in the ReadMe.  All can be purchased here at Renderosity.

www.jan19.net

Downloads for all files, including links to large gallery images, are clearly visible via this link, along with the link to OKCRandy's Dev Pack, which is sold here, at Renderosity.

Thanks for looking and Happy Halloween!

Jan

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Yokasobi ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 4:02 PM

Thank you!

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 4:38 PM

Very Nice! Thank You!

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 8:22 PM

Oh, you're very, very welcome!  :-)

Thank you both for using the outfit and I hope you enjoy it very much.

And thank you for taking the time to say "thanks."  :-)

Jan

TuesdaysGone ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 8:33 PM

Oh wow! Great job. Thank you! Can't wait to use them in a render! :)

Tony.

JoEtzold ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 10:03 PM · edited Wed, 27 October 2010 at 10:08 PM

Hi Jan,

a great one again ... Thanks a lot ... :wub:  

And congrats for the own website ... may I have a wish free, please a little bit bigger text size and/or not in white color on a rather light background ... 😊 

But as first startup not so bad, really not so bad ... :biggrin:  

See ya

Jo

P.S.: What a god-damned new nasty editor is this .... :cursing:

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 3:39 AM

Thank you VERY much, Tuesday.  :-)  I'm really happy that you like the outfit.  Very happy.  You're welcome and I appreciate your thanks.

Hey, Jo!  ;-)  Thank you!  And for the congrats on the website.

Of course you may have a wish...bigger text and not white on a light bkg.

The company I went with has a sitebuilder with templates.  I just chose one that I thought 'fit' what I'd use the site for -- to upload free models.  But if you find it difficult to view then I'm sure others do, also.

So, of course, I'll revamp it -- just give me a couple of days.  The sitebuilder is the only thing that I'm not 100% joyful over, regarding that webhost service.  Everything else though is marvelous.  Their tech support is awesome.  The sitebuilder is a bit slow and not being trained in sitebuilding, I'm not familiar with other sitebuilders or how to upload thru fttp or whatever.

But actually I was thinking that I needed a new template anyhow because you can only do one file upload per page -- so I'll have to keep adding pages and adding pages...and the front page will get really cluttered.  Either that or just keep models up for a limited time and that's not fair to anyone who happens to stumble across this link.

So, yes -- I'll revamp the site.  :-)  Thanks for the critique!

"P.S.: What a god-damned new nasty editor is this"

LOL!  You always could make me laugh...I've missed that.  So good to see you again.

***Thank you all, so much, for the 'thank yous.'  You're an inspiration!

Jan** **

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 3:49 AM

Thank you.  You have been very generous.  Lovely creations.

Eternal Hobbyist

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 4:16 AM

Congratulations on getting your own site. I've added you to my links page - and thanks to your clever naming tactics, you're at the top of the list. :) (Apart from the affiliates, that is...)

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 5:44 AM

Thank you, Infinity!  :-)  What good are my models, if I keep 'em to myself?  That's no fun.  I appreciate your kind comment.

English Bob!  Whoa!  Long time, no see!  And you've added me to your links page?  I'm honored!!!  :-)  Rest assured I will return the favor, just as soon as I get back from my appt. this morning.  Got a...well, I could use Jo's words and make this funny but I won't...got a dr's appt this morning so it'll be this afternoon before I can put your link up. 

I just finished logging into that sitebuilder and spent almost an hour putting up a 'revamp coming' and trying to correct a bug in the links.  That's bewildering.  Some work and some don't.  So I gotta get ready or I will miss it and then I WILL be swearing.  :-)

But thank you...thank you all!  :-)

Jan

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 6:23 AM

Okay...got it up.  :-)  Thanks, English Bob.

Infininity, I just realized that my comment to you sounded a little hurried -- it's just 'cause I'm trying to get ready to go to the appt. and can't stop fidding with that site (I swear, sitebuilding is obsessing) -- and I'm sorry.  :-)

Thank you much for taking the time to comment...if it were not for nice people like you all, I would not be doing what I'm doing.  So again...thank you.  :-)

Y'all have a great day!  You've certainly started mine off with a bang!  ;-)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 6:36 AM

Thanks for the link. It wasn't that urgent, you know - certainly not something to squeeze in before a doc's appointment. I hope that doesn't go with a bang, by the way. :)

Further to the footnote on your links page, your Renderosity link works fine for me, but bear in mind that Renderosity itself is currently broken. The front page and the freestuff have broken out in error messages.

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 12:57 PM

Quote - Thanks for the link. It wasn't that urgent, you know - certainly not something to squeeze in before a doc's appointment. I hope that doesn't go with a bang, by the way. :)

Further to the footnote on your links page, your Renderosity link works fine for me, but bear in mind that Renderosity itself is currently broken. The front page and the freestuff have broken out in error messages.

Are you kidding?  :-)  It was urgent to me.  Besides, what if I'd gotten killed going to the dr's office?  ;-)  I'd never have gotten a chance to return the compliment.

All kidding aside, I'm tickled pink that you linked to my site.  Also looking forward to exploring your website so I can gather info and create a better description other than "artist whose skills I've admired for years."  :-)

Okay...back from the doctor (saw a robbery, too, or the aftermath of one) time to get the revamp on the road.  Can't have Jo unhappy.  When Jo ain't happy...ain't nobody happy.  :-)))

Oh, thanks for the tip about Rendo...it's got some strange code coming up when you click the link but I imagine that'll be fixed soon.  :-)

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 1:32 PM

Thank you so much, Jan, and congratulations on getting your own site!

Elfwine ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 5:16 PM

Oooooo! Very nice! Thank you so very much Jan19!!

I gotta download this and try to convert it to Aiko3 as I don't use Vicky4.  ; )

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 7:15 PM

Thank you, Bakapo!!!  :-)  It's a lot of fun, having my own site.  So nice not to have to bum space off others.  And I find myself taking greater care with my models, knowing they'll be put up on my own space.  :-)  I'll bet I conformed Queen Anne 3 times.  :-)  Anyhow, thanks for commenting!

Good luck with that, Elfwine!  Would you let us know how that goes?  The conversion to Aiko 3?  I've had people before ask me to convert dresses to Aiko 3 and I have no idea to do it.  She so tiny!  So I'd love to see what you come up with.  :-)

Thank you, both, again!  :-)

Jo, I redid my site...how d'ya like it now?  It is better?  ;-)

Same format but darker bkg and bigger type.  I was afraid I'd have to totally redo it but the content stuck.  All I had to do was change the bkg color and enlarge the type!  :-)

Redid the links page, too.  I can't wait to add more links! :-)

Can y'all tell I'm kind of excited? 

Hugz all round,

Jan

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 7:46 PM

This dress is gorgeous - thanks so much!!!! 

I'd taken a quick look at the old site earlier today. The new one is SO much easier to read-thanks for changing it! 

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 7:49 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks to the growing chrous of thanks here. I do love free things especially when they are historical stuff. I'm not only a sci fi buff... I am also a history student. Thanks!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 8:29 PM

Thanks so much! Beautiful!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 8:58 PM

This is so great. :-) So encouraging. You all have NO idea how much I appreciate your comments!

Alisa, thanks!  I'm glad you like the new setup.  :-)  So Jo was right...about the site being difficult to read.  I definitely want it to be user friendly!  Since it was set up for the user!  :-)  Thank you for letting me know that my afternoon's heavy labors were worth it!  Nah...it was honestly a labor of love.  I love to work on that site.  Just wish the sitebuilder was a wee bit faster...

Thunderstone!  A fellow historian!  Very nice to meet you.  :-)  Thank you for your comment and for your 'thank you.'  I hope you enjoy the dress.  :-)  Just got some cool textures and I'm hoping the artist will let me use them to make some more textures for the outfit.  If she doesn't, no hard feelings.  Those are beautiful textures though!  :-)

Thank you, Acadia!  :-)  Love your Santa icon.  It's that time of year...I appreciate you taking time to comment.

Again...this is wonderful...I'm inspired...and you all have filled me with new enthusiasm!  :-)

Jan

Lzy724 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 9:07 PM

Nice Job Jan!!

hug

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 9:43 PM · edited Thu, 28 October 2010 at 9:46 PM

Iz!  :-)))  Hey!  So you're Lzy?  I could've sworn I read 'Izy' at DNA!  I swear, I'm going blind.  (Calls eye dr. in panic)  ;-)

Thank you, hon.  I really, really appreciate you stopping by...very much. 

Had dr's appt. today and worked on site this afternoon so was swamped but will see ya in the DZ tomorrow.

Hug back!  :-)

P.S.  Will see the rest of you guys tomorrow, too!  I want to respond to some threads, especially since people have been so nice and encouragingly responsive to this.  :-)

JoEtzold ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 10:29 PM · edited Thu, 28 October 2010 at 10:31 PM

Hi Jan,

I love that new background color ... red is often a problem for eyes but this broken pale red is very eye friendly and the text size on the home page is well done. So I can second Alisa completely ...  👍

But you should have a look to the site builder if it's having something like a general default choice. Then you could set the text size a general default for new pages. For now on the links page you have the old smaller size.  In each span argument for the text parts and links the text size is defined as small ( e.g. ) and this is mostly refering to a normal text size like 6 or 8 in windows terminology. This also is condensing the link underline to the link text not looking so good.

Hm, download entries ... with those sitebuilders this is often working like setting up a gallery which also allows more than one entry. May be worth a check in the help file if even such is there ...  I have tried 4 or 5 such sitebuilders (including the strange behavior of M$-Word for such stuff) and in the end I have found it is much less nerving to do it by manual html coding ...  :laugh:

But you will learn it by the time I'm sure ... good success for that by now ... :thumbupboth:

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 12:35 AM

I admire your work so much and am very grateful for your generosity.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 2:57 AM

Hi Jan,

**I love that new background color ... red is often a problem for eyes but this broken pale red is very eye friendly and the text size on the home page is well done. So I can second Alisa completely ... **

Thanks!  :-)  Good...I wondered about the red but I love red so much...and like you say, that's kind of a pale red.  I appreciate your critique, Jo.  Seems you were right on.  :-)

But you should have a look to the site builder if it's having something like a general default choice. Then you could set the text size a general default for new pages. For now on the links page you have the old smaller size.  In each span argument for the text parts and links the text size is defined as small ( e.g. ) and this is mostly refering to a normal text size like 6 or 8 in windows terminology. This also is condensing the link underline to the link text not looking so good.

Err...technical stuff!  :-)  There is a default size to that template and it is tiny!  I wonder if the text size is looking different on different screens.  It looks HUGE on my screen.  I even wondered if it was too big!  I'll need to compare it on different computers, I guess.  :-)

Hm, download entries ... with those sitebuilders this is often working like setting up a gallery which also allows more than one entry. May be worth a check in the help file if even such is there ...  I have tried 4 or 5 such sitebuilders (including the strange behavior of M$-Word for such stuff) and in the end I have found it is much less nerving to do it by manual html coding ...  :laugh:

Now that is giving me a few second thoughts...the organization of that template and downloads.  I may have to learn coding, as you said, unless I want someone to maintain that site for me, which I do not.  I love working on that site...it's a joy!  I get a book and prop it up beside me and wait while the builder updates and wait...but I get a lot of reading done!  :-)  No kidding, it's fun!  Right now, while there's only Lady Anne, not so much of a problem.  And next time I can put the maps in the Runtime.  But people oughta be able to read the ReadMe before they download.  Maybe I could just post the contents on a page rather than making it a download file.  I like the way the Gallery is set up though!  Pretty smooth, other than a thumbnail merging into a thumbnail.  I hope people realize they can click the second thumb and get a BIG picture.  :-0

But you will learn it by the time I'm sure ... good success for that by now ... :thumbupboth:

Thanks!  I built a free Yahoo site YEARS ago but that's the only thing I've ever done, regarding website building.  I think you can start from scratch with that builder and add modules but I'm not that confident yet.  But hopefully, I'll learn!  :-)

Thanks a LOT for the input -- I'm so glad you will tell me the truth and not sugarcoat.  :-)   That is very cool!

*A wee bit Ot but I'm reading a book now called The Boleyn Inheritance.  It's got a lot about Anne of Cleves in it.  She was your countrywoman, was she not?  She's presented as a very nice lady, very down to earth, very good-hearted.  Thank goodness, she survived Henry's temper.  :-)

Anyhow, thanks again and I'm really glad we reconnected!  :-)))

The dog is being bad...do you think I should resort to the pistol-training again?  Joke!!!  :-)  I stopped that.  It was fairly ridiculous, wasn't it?

Jan

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 3:04 AM

Quote - I admire your work so much and am very grateful for your generosity.

Thank you!  :-)  I appreciate your comment.  Honestly, it is a real joy for me to make something and share it and know that people like it a little and can use it.  I stopped making clothes for awhile and I missed it a LOT!

I'm grateful that there are people like you who will use what I make, tell me 'thank you,' -- and hopefully I'll get to see some renders with the dress!

Whee!  The artist that created the beautiful texture pack is gonna let me use it and I'm very happy about that!  Some vendors don't want you to use their textures except on commercial stuff, which is totally their right and choice and I respect that.  But I just realized, I need to acknowledge the texturers who've been so good to me, allowing me to use their stuff on free items.  I do intend to remedy that oversight by linking to their stores!  :-)

All this interaction has done a wonderful thing to my mood...I'll tell y'all that!  :-)

Jan

JoEtzold ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:42 PM · edited Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:42 PM

Quote - It's got a lot about Anne of Cleves in it.  She was your countrywoman, was she not?  She's presented as a very nice lady, very down to earth, very good-hearted.

That was her main advantage to survive good old Henry ... it seem's she was far away from what was his taste and so no much jealousy to let her go or better push her away ... :sneaky:

Quote - do you think I should resort to the pistol-training again?

Why not ... if it help's ... :laugh:  But as I said keep an eye open before shooting down some Boeing ... you know that's than may give those troublesome discussions with homeland guardians about why a Boeing got lost ... :scared:          :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 7:56 PM

LOL!!!  I doubt I could shoot down a Boeing.  Maybe a cropduster...hm, never thought about it from that perspective.

I kind of moved away from the pistol-training.  When the dog's hair started falling out.  No, I'm joking.  It didn't fall out.  That dog's got hair that'll grow to China if I don't keep it cut.  But she is so stubborn!  One sight of that pistol will bring her fat little body right to the door though.  I swear, that training method was born out of sheer desperation.

Oh, boy...after I got permission to use those beautiful textures for Lady Anne...now, I've been poisoned!  I honestly think someone slipped rat killer in my chicken pot pie.  Either that or I didn't cook that pie long enough...may be salmonella or chickenella.  Anyhow, I think I've got to drink some baking soda and go to bed.  (That's my remedy for upset stomach...baking soda).  Of all nights...

Oh, well...I'll do Lady Anne textures and work on the site links tomorrow.  I've got more good links that I want to put up.

Oh, jeez...I'm gonna be ill again...

Will see you all tomorrow, lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

Lzy724 ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 9:24 AM

Quote - Iz!  :-)))  Hey!  So you're Lzy?  I could've sworn I read 'Izy' at DNA!  I swear, I'm going blind.  (Calls eye dr. in panic)  ;-)

Thank you, hon.  I really, really appreciate you stopping by...very much. 

Had dr's appt. today and worked on site this afternoon so was swamped but will see ya in the DZ tomorrow.

Hug back!  :-)

P.S.  Will see the rest of you guys tomorrow, too!  I want to respond to some threads, especially since people have been so nice and encouragingly responsive to this.  :-)

Yep, but thats okay, it happens everywhere, some places it looks like an I... when its really an L. I answer to it all. LOL.. hug

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 9:39 AM

"Call me anything, but call me three times a day."  :-)

That's my motto -- except I don't eat breakfast much.  Scrambled eggs look...well, scrambled and fried eggs seem to stare at me like eyeballs. :-)

Guess I could eat cereal...

Anyhow, it's Lzy!  I will remember.  :-)

Hugs, back!  :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.