Wed, Sep 25, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 11:51 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 3:11 PM

Quote - It's been discussed a couple of times in this forum in the past.  The "chain" would be a sequence of body handles which are parented to one another, able to be posed as a chain, but deforming a common actor.  With body handles A through F, F would be parented to E, E to D, D to C, and so on, to A.

Sounds like it might be possible, but why would you want to do that, what's the objective?

Quote - I might have misunderstood what I was seeing when I tried the figure, but I think this is what Daz has V4 doing.  It's been awhile since I even loaded V4, but I have the recollection that all of the magnets.

I just checked, and yes the V4 magnets are driven by ERC, but seem to be used as joint twaeks, rather than for muscles.

Quote - Interesting!

Isn't this approach still limited to one otherActor, and wouldn't it sacrifice any influence on the parent in exchange for influencing the sibling?    I guess I should try the example, huh?

I'm not sure. A parent can be influenced by a number of children, so I'm guessing that a sibling can be influenced by a number of siblings. I'll check this out.

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quote - Sounds like it might be possible, but why would you want to do that, what's the objective?

In the past, I've tried body handle chains as a way of creating a poseable cape, which can be done in Blender.  I never got it to work in Poser.  I'm not trying to do anything like that at present.  When I mentioned actor chains, above, I was just including that as one of the various limitations of Poser's rigging system.

Quote - I'm not sure. A parent can be influenced by a number of children, so I'm guessing that a sibling can be influenced by a number of siblings. I'll check this out.

I was thinking more in terms of a sibling being able to deform multiple siblings.  I don't think there's a limit on how many actors could influence a given actor, but having the single actor influence several others seems like it might not work using otherActor.  Dunno.  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 5:34 PM · edited Sun, 28 November 2010 at 5:38 PM

file_462270.TXT

> Quote - ... but having the single actor influence several others seems like it might not work using otherActor.  Dunno.

It seems that it does work, I just checked. In the attached file, there are 3 twistY channels in the lThigh, each points to a difrent actor, and lThigh is influenced by yrot of all 3 other Thigh actors, and no other thighs are influenced by yrot of lThigh. With jointX, each and every Thigh has 3 jointX channels that collectively point to all the other thigh actors. So xrot in any thigh will affect all the other thighs via jointX.

I did not make any changes to jointZ channels. Strangely there seems to be some acidental linkage between rThigh2 and lThigh, because zrot of rThigh2 affects the lThigh, and I have no idea why this is happening,  😕  there may also be a linkage with the other rotations in respect to rThigh2 and lThigh. Any way, I can't be bothered to track the glitch down. At least the file seems to demonstrate the main point, that a joint channel can be influenced by rotations of several sibling actors. Other than that I draw no conclusions.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 9:45 PM

WMWBITNVOP

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

amy_aimei ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 10:13 PM

cage and lesbentley, you are really helpful.  I learn a lot from both of you.

The process of making JCMs is working in my case, the problem is time consuming and it is not transferable.  With a new clothing mesh for Antonia, I have to do it all over again! The pictures below look similar to what I did months ago, right.  I have to repeat the same exercise again.  I'm looking for the technique that I can "reuse" what I've done.

V4 is using many magnets, I think it is mainly for the tons of morphs it supported.  I'm not sure how the V4's "magnetized" pose on the clothing suppose to work.  It seems to have no effect on what I've made.  The examples below show the bikini set I made for Antonia on Antonia (top) and V4 (bottom).  Of course, the V4 version is modified but from the same mesh I made for Antonia.  It is lower polygon counts than the V4's mesh.  The results are the cases without any JCM.  BTW, I haven't start making any JCM yet. I drew the red line to indicate my targeted shape.  I'm surprised that the bikini set I made for Antonia work on V4 even without poke-through!  But it is very ugly at the back.  In fact, V4's own texture mapped panties look very ugly at the back too, therefore, it is not too bad.  Of course, I'm not satisfied with the result on V4.

Antonia Test

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 10:50 PM · edited Sun, 28 November 2010 at 10:57 PM

Quote - WMWBITNVOP

Eh?  That looks like some obscure internet acronym, but Google's never heard of it.

It's sort of the noise my brain makes, when it shorts out after a long day, too.  :lol:

We Must Write, But In Terms Not Violating Original Post?  😕

And, edit:

Amy, I'm not seeing any images attached to your post.  Just text, reading "Antonia Test".  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 12:18 PM

It's not an Internet acronym. It's me being cryptic, making a prediction in a way requiring that you puzzle out what it means. Thus I have deniability. grin

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 1:17 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 1:27 PM

Quote - WMWBITNVOP

Cool!  :biggrin: Regular or Pro?

I should add that it will be a weighty addition....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 2:23 PM

Quote - WMWBITNVOP

🤤  Oh man! I cant wait. Solves so many problems.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 2:42 PM

Quote - It's not an Internet acronym. It's me being cryptic, making a prediction in a way requiring that you puzzle out what it means. Thus I have deniability. grin

Oh!  I get it now.  :woot:

I've been posting about how Poser needs that for years!  Does this mean SM reads my posts?  Golly.  Maybe I even have secret powers, like some character in a Twilight Zone episode.  :scared:

(Walks away, muttering & slowly collapsing into paranoid delusions...)

(Runs back...)

Oh, and thanks for that, BB.  :laugh:

(Walks away, muttering & slowly collapsing into paranoid delusions...)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 2:50 PM

To be absolutely clear, though, I'm not certain about NVOP. Don't count your chickens yet, and I am not a spokeman. Just trying to give some hope (and reduce fears) since it has been brought up so much re: Vickie 5.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 3:16 PM

Do you think it may be compatible with Max implementations? Sorry I shouldn't ask :sad: I'll shut up now.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 3:22 PM

I don't know that much detail - just that it is on the mind(s) of those that should have it on their mind(s), and the conversations that should be happening are happening.

Plus I'm not supposed to say anything at all. (Ow, Steve, ouch - Steve, please ... OW)

amy_aimei ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 5:58 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 5:59 PM

Quote - Amy, I'm not seeing any images attached to your post.  Just text, reading "Antonia Test".  😕

Antonia Test

V4 Test

Just in case the pictures do not show up.  You can get it from:

https://sites.google.com/site/amyaimei/antonia/images/sampleAntonia.jpg

https://sites.google.com/site/amyaimei/antonia/images/sampleV4.jpg

corinthianscori ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 9:33 PM

Late to the party!

Antonia is looking incredible, the bending is excellent! So...when can the texturing start? Me and Zbrush wanna get to work!

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:32 AM

There are already some textures available at the moment so why not try your hand on some new skin now? 😉

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

amy_aimei ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 9:28 PM

There is a new morph for Antonia.  See the "Free Stuff" http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62704

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 12:17 AM

Nice work Amy_aimei.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 6:51 PM

Awww... what a sweet face!!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

edgeverse ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 6:52 PM

Yes, shes pretty. Great work.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

fabiana ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 8:37 AM

Seems that I lost some details... can someone tell me which is the difference between the 125 and the 125A cr2 versions????

thanks!!!

fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 10:43 AM

She is cute. Seems a younger girl morph for Antonia and the change in facial features is sweet too....adds variety to an already great little model. I might have missed it but is ther a younger Antonia body morh set out there also to go along with this cute young face?

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 2:17 PM · edited Wed, 15 December 2010 at 2:23 PM

Quote - Seems that I lost some details... can someone tell me which is the difference between the 125 and the 125A cr2 versions????

The only difference between the two versions is the UV mapping.  The "A" version for any release of Antonia uses the original UV mapping developed by odf.  The other uses a more recent mapping (I don't remember who did the re-mapping 😊).  There are textures available for both mapping versions at the Antonia Free Site.  The UV templates for both versions are included with the Antonia base download.

Quote - I might have missed it but is ther a younger Antonia body morh set out there also to go along with this cute young face?

There is a full body morph set for a younger Antonia at shareCG.  I think it's called "Antonia 19".  😕  IIRC, this was developed for an earlier version of the Antonia mesh and while all morphs will work, some of them may require adjustments to the breast type PBM on the Antonia base.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 5:41 PM

hm? There was no image for the morph. Is there by any chance some here?

Been following this thread but my mind is burned and the thread too HUGE to find it now.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 6:40 PM

Huh.  It looks like there used to be an image for it.  I remember there being an image, and there's a listing in Masterstroke's shareCG gallery for the upload.  Presumably the preview image was deleted for some reason.

The morph set is here, at any rate.  IIRC, it's a Poser 6+ .pmd file.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/37381/Poser/Antonia-Age_19/11

shante ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2010 at 8:28 PM

Thanks Cage. appreciate. Just wanted to see what the morph looks like But I'll figure it out. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2010 at 1:57 PM

The new morph looks great!

Sorry I've been away but moving leaves no time for anything else.

Now I am all moved in to my new home, got cable and my INet again. :)

I'll try to keep up but still a lot of unpacking (tho I'm doing that slowly...LOL) to do.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

stepson ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2010 at 4:51 PM

Hi BluEcho :) Glad to see you back.

Really like the Nobara character, a nice fresh look to it. :)

Life is hard, but what a ride.

fabiana ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 1:37 AM

file_463045.jpg

Hello... I have been busy, very busy, ill, really sick, ill again, and busy again... all in that order :S LOL but never forgot Tony :)

Came to show you that she is supported in another of my hairs, Paris 65, that will be released next days.

Here is her with the new hair... she looks gooooooooooood!!!!

Fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

edgeverse ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 11:19 AM

Wow. Great hair.

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 12:29 PM

:woot: She looks so good with that hair. Thanks for supporting Tony fabiana. :)

Life is hard, but what a ride.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 9:56 PM

She has a fabulous look with that hair!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

wackymidget ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 3:55 PM

Quote - To be absolutely clear, though, I'm not certain about NVOP. Don't count your chickens yet, and I am not a spokeman. Just trying to give some hope (and reduce fears) since it has been brought up so much re: Vickie 5.

So, does WM stand for Weight Map?

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 4:12 PM

Quote - So, does WM stand for Weight Map?

I thought it stood for "watermelon metamorphosis", but now I think it must mean "wacky midget".  :lol:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 4:34 PM

I see your question. I got a (mild) reprimand and must not say anything - I can't even suggest that I know something. Just so you know I'm not ignoring your question.

wackymidget ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 2010 at 4:28 PM

Cage: That's so funny. Fortunately I wasn't eating or drinking when I read your comment...

Bagginsbill: Sorry to hear you got reprimanded. Thanks for the reply though

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 6:27 AM

Greetings of the season, everyone! Rero stopped sending me notifications, so I was under the impression the thread had gone into hibernation in my absence. Good to see that you guys kept the ball rolling.

amy_aimei: That bikini looks amazing. And of course you can do a Blender version of Antonia. I want people to be able to experiment. That's why she's licensed the way she is.

I am thinking of getting the 1.0 release ready for early January, maybe 11/1/11? Not sure I'll get all the things done that I was originally planning, but if I don't do it in the next 10 days, it won't happen for a long time. I feel it's time to get this off my chest, give you guys a chance to get serious about add-ons, particularly commercial stuff, and work on unrelated projects myself for a while. But don't fear, I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later to make further Antonia-related stuff.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 10:51 AM

sounds like a good release date odf :)

btw, is there a remap to v4's textures for antonia?

edgeverse ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 12:55 PM

THats awesome ODF, I love Antonia.

ghost13 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 1:13 PM

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

bagoas ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 3:23 PM

Just to let you know I really like Antonia and the 1.0 version will no doubt be my startup figure of choice.

B.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 5:16 PM

Quote - btw, is there a remap to v4's textures for antonia?

Not that I know of. There's a V3 remap by dphoadley, though, which looks pretty usable. I'm not sure about the best way to release that yet, but I imagine it will be made available in some form.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 9:54 PM

I've just uploaded the current state of Antonia to the Google site as version 0.9.126, and updated the Wiki.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2010 at 11:04 PM

Quote - I've just uploaded the current state of Antonia to the Google site as version 0.9.126, and updated the Wiki.

Oh, hooray!  :woot:  :woot:

Happy, happy, happy to see you back, odf!  :thumbupboth:

odf ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2010 at 5:23 AM

file_463286.jpg

Testing the low-res version of the mouth-open morph I started working on today. Quick, someone render her a big sandwich, or at least a banana!

proxi ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2010 at 11:08 AM

Eyes closed ok. I think,in mouth-open morph lips corner need stretch little down. Best mouth-open morph in James(P6) model. Maybe possible use is as reference.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2010 at 4:48 PM

proxi, good catch! I think the corners are indeed a little high up.  I'll try to find some photo references. Always better than copying other figures. 😉

bagoas ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 11:35 AM

Quote - I've just uploaded the current state of Antonia to the Google site as version 0.9.126, and updated the Wiki.

Hey, hey, hurray!

Thanks!

proxi ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 12:00 PM

proxi, good catch! I think the corners are indeed a little high up. I'll try to find some photo references. Always better than copying other figures.

With 3d model as reference possible use vertex/surface snaping. This more easy and fast way.

Thanks for your work.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 5:49 PM

Quote - With 3d model as reference possible use vertex/surface snaping. This more easy and fast way.

There's that, but you'll also replicate other people's mistakes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.