Sun, Sep 15, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:45 pm)

Subject: Done with DAZ

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:44 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 5:24 PM

I no longer suport nor do busness with DAZ. There are multiple reasons but the first one is I can't install any of my purchases. I have 18 items setting that my antiV absolutly wont let install. My antiV has given me warnings since DAZ went to the new installers. With the last up date to my antiV it just will not let them install now. And I trust my antiV more then DAZ. DAZ installers are the only thing I am having this issue with, so ....

Now why is this here instaead of on the DAZ forum, easy same reason you don't see this discussed on DAZ; I am sure I am not the only one with this issue, because of DAZ's fasiest forum censorship. DAZ's forum is strickly for questions, prase, and commercial posts. Nothing more.

kylumi ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:26 AM

Your virus software is giving False/Positives.....its heuristics is wrongly detecting a character string which it see's as a Virus.  If your using Norton then you will have to get used to it. :lol:

Bejaymac ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 9:30 AM

BitRock installers are notorious for causing virus alerts in your AV, they are designed to throw up a 'flag' if you d/l them with a multi threaded downloader, but I thought most AV's had gotten wise to this a long time ago.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:28 AM

Actually Stan, I told you and others, on the Daz3D site, that AV apps were throwing up false positives as regards some Daz installers, so I don't know how you can say it is not discussed over there.

I also told you that this has been discussed on at least one of the AV suppliers forums, and it was agreed there that the latest upgrades of AV software were more prone to throwing up these false positives.

In fact there even a couple of fixes annotated, to help people get round the problem.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TheMentalDude ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:55 AM

Never had an issue with any Daz installer, been using Eset NOD32 for years.

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 2:53 PM

Simple solution!!! temporarily turn off your anti-virus app then run installers. Never had a problem with daz installers other than they keep changing them. However I believe we now have Zips, awesome.

Cheers

GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:06 PM

Chohole, easy, every post I make on the subject has been deleted. It is not open for discussion on the DAZ forum.

As you can see it is most antiV not just the one I use, so DAZ is right and all the antiv are wrong? Do you honestly beleve that? And isn't antiVs to keep viruses off your machine so you pause them so you can install something with out question?

Think about this, you didn't get that piece of content from DAZ, your anitV goes off, do you pause it and install anyway? I seriously doubt it. 

So are you really sure they are false posatives? If they are they are the only ones I have ever gotten. I find it highly doubtful I would only get "false" posatives from 1 company.

L I can't even open a DAZ sales email without getting a "oneclick" warning. So all DAZ sales emails go right to my trash.

I think people are just far to trusting of DAZ.

And that isn't even half the issues I have with DAZ.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:09 PM

It's probably not open for discussion over there because you're receiving the correct answer and not believing it - DAZ installers legally downloaded from their website do not contain viruses.

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:14 PM

Stanley if it is not open for discussion, how come I can distinctly remember the discussion, and my answer to you.  Has your memory slipped that much.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TheMentalDude ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:33 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:36 PM

manleystanley - what antivirus are you using? have you contacted them to inform them that their software is producing false positives?

I have Eset NOD on the PC and Sophos on the Mac and neither have complained about any .exe from Daz

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:19 PM

Still trust avast far more then DAZ.

Once again I reiterate. If you get a virus warning from a non DAZ piece of content would you pause your anitV to install it? Then why do it for DAZ content?

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:03 PM

Avast has had these problems in the past with DAZ installers, but they are false positives.  Avast has choosen to set itself to 'paranoid' level and throws up a warning any time anything is a little hinky looking to it.  I switched to MicroSoft Security Essentials and have never gotten a false postive or a virus.  MSE is free, not a resource hog and updates itself quickly even on a dial-up connection

parisgranville ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:36 PM

The hueristics engine Webroot also identifies some of the older installers as viruses. I turned the antivirus off, but they still don't install. I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't have any qualms turning the virus software off for daz installs, if that would work.  Now when I click I don't get a virus message, but they still don't install. I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

• There is also no way to contact support now.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:39 PM

...I never had a virus issue with Daz installers and I'm using NIS which is prone to issuing false positives. Annoying? Yes, but it means it is doing its job.  All you have to do is change the permission status (don't have Avast so I'm not sure how to do it there).

My complaint with the .exe installers is that they mess up the runtime (particularly the Content/Studio folder) with folders that contain no loadable content. I am very pleased Daz will be offering a Zip file option (which will be retroactive to older content as well) which shows they have listened to us.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:00 PM

Just to throw another option out there, I stopped using Norton many moons ago as a lot of baddies would slip through just browsing yahoo, and it would slow to molasses speeds all the time. Anyway, a free alternative that I've installed on my last four machines is AVG. It hasn't flagged any downloads of either daz or Rendo content, or forboden installs, which I've throughly tested (coincidentally) as my main rendering machine has tons of ShareCG content in addition to paid stuff from both sites.

I have heard from other folks of at least two different AV softwares that get tripped up with Daz's installers, but as others have said, Daz is going to the Zip format.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:40 PM

...I've never had an issue with things slipping through sinve I installed NIS.  There is little if any impact on my system's performance even when it is peforming a full system scan and I'm still working in 32 bit.

I'm not interested in playing IT tech contiually manually searching for, downloading, and installing freeware updates as I really don't have the time to do so. 

There was a major overhaul of NIS a couple years ago and Tom's Hardware recently evaluated it giving it high marks.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

parisgranville ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:50 PM

Does anyone know if the older products will be converted to zip installers?

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:00 AM

...as I understand, yes they will.  Not sure how long it will take though.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:34 AM

Quote - Does anyone know if the older products will be converted to zip installers?

I was told by DAZ it would be weeks before they showed up on their servers.  Give them time.  The priority is the store, then adding file formats to DS4 that don't work with anything else.

Blueblood ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:44 AM

I have used Avast for years, and have never gotten any virus warning on any Daz installer, not sure why you are getting them. On the other hand, Avast absolutely hates my updates of Adobe Master Suite, and I have to turn it off to install them.

There are lots of reasons to be upset at Daz right now, but I'm surprised that this is one of them.

CyJoe ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:45 AM

I don't have to switch my AntiVirus Software off to install any DAZ Content.

IF a Daz Installer wasn't working, most of the time it was because of a damaged File.

Clearing the Browsers cache and redownloading the file most of the time solved the problem.

If not, contacting DAZ Support helped.

In the worst case one can get back the money.

But ... Well, that's the way it woks for ME.

For me it seems that just the MAC Files will be ZIP's now.?!

My PC Files unfortunately are still .exe's 8(

And i'm sooo missing the PC OR MAC Filter for my downloads.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:56 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:58 AM

ManleyStanley said

Quote - Still trust avast far more then DAZ.

Once again I reiterate. If you get a virus warning from a non DAZ piece of content would you pause your anitV to install it? Then why do it for DAZ content?

And once again I say to you the same as as I said before. I visited the Avast Forum, and found a lot of people were having this problem, and it only happened after  we received an actual Update of the program itself, rather than the regular virus definitions updates.  And It is happening to other than Daz installers, which I also mentioned before including flagging up my old version of MS office as a suspicious program. a version which has been installed and running on this computer since I bought it. :rolleyes:

If you follow through on the install it does not tell you that it is a virus, merely that it cannot indentify it, and it offers you the chance to install it anyway if you wait a wee while, till that bit comes up.

It is indeed something to do with the Heuristic algorithms that Avast is now using, which are set to "Paranoid" mode as someone else has mentioned. Heuristics do not guarantee that an optimal solution is ever found.

If you Really want to investigate how paranoid Avast has become nowadays, ask BobbyStahr how many times I have asked him about what turned out to be false positives whilst searching Renderository freestuff.

Cyjoe said

Quote - For me it seems that just the MAC Files will be ZIP's now.?! 

My PC Files unfortunately are still .exe's 8("

At the moment, yes only the Mac files are showing as zips. It is not a small job converting in excess of 14,000 products to zips, and at the moement there are other priorities. :rolleyes:

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:58 AM

Well that answers my question as of Friday, I tried to install an old file that I had purchased and lost.  After the download I tried to install it, my Norton, ask me for the permission to install, I said yes, (cause it was a file I had before), after I gave it permission it did not install, looked everywhere.  I had to install it on a old XP machine that is offline, no virus protection, installed to a blank runtime and then I transferred the files....it was annoying.  Never had issues before with my norton, ever.

Hope they fix this issue soon. 

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:20 AM

I find that, having given permission for the install to run on Avast, it does indeed not install. However I then start the install process again, and that time it runs. Most annoying, but I do get things to work, eventually.

CyJoe ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:39 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:42 AM

Quote -**

At the moment, yes only the Mac files are showing as zips. It is not a small job converting in excess of 14,000 products to zips, and at the moement there are other priorities. :rolleyes:

Well, hopefully getting the Shop up and running flawlessly is the highest priority?! ;)

Sure, i would love to get rid of the annoying Installer.

But getting Products at all is a much higher priority. ;)

At least, MY live doesn't depend on all this. So ... i can be patient. ;)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:41 AM

Quote - Cyjoe said

To add to this. The Mac zips are still installers, the zip is just a wrapper. The true zips will be, as I understand it, platform-neutral as they are here (but there will be an installer you can install once to extract all the zips, should you wish). I imagine this is why they haven't coded an option to choose between mac and Windows downloads - in future it would rarely be needed.

finkysteets ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:58 AM

Quote - Avast has had these problems in the past with DAZ installers, but they are false positives.  Avast has choosen to set itself to 'paranoid' level and throws up a warning any time anything is a little hinky looking to it.  I switched to MicroSoft Security Essentials and have never gotten a false postive or a virus.  MSE is free, not a resource hog and updates itself quickly even on a dial-up connection

Thanks for this info re: MSE.  Am going to check it out for someone being set up that needs a freeware like this. 

I'm also curious.  These 18 files showing the "false" positives - are they older files or new ones re: Genesis and/or metatdata?

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 8:03 AM

On Avast it seems to be a mixture of both older and newer installers. It would seem that something in Daz3D digital signature just sets of the heuristic algorithms coded into the latest version of Avast.

I don't know which version of Avast Stanley uses, but I just the paid for, pro version.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:29 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:31 PM

..OK just picked up the Visual Style Shaders.  The download did bring up warning as there have not been enough evaluations of the file though Norton yet (this occasionally occurs with new releases).  It installed without a hitch save for the usual Windows Firewall message.

Again, I'm willing to put up with this from time to time to know that my system is protected.  The only time my system was infected was when I was using MacAfee and receiving one of the MS auto updates.  Apparently a "door" was left open and a redirect virus piggybacked on the DL. Since then I have all auto updates disabled (including Adobe Flash) and I've set all update services to prompt me first so I can evaluate and scan them.

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 8:13 PM

@ Chohole and D/S Mods and anyone else who knows:

I am not complaining about the Daz site, only wondering if I'm doing something wrong. All day today I have been attempting to shop a bit at Daz, but now none of my Plat. Club discounts are showing on any of my items. Only yesterday they were working fine. Am I doing something wrong or is this happening to anyone else? I don't expect Daz to have everything fixed quickly, only ASAP. I know that these things take time, I remember the last big changes here at Rendo. I just don't want to buy w/o my discounts, and wondering if it's my fault.

Please don't lock or delete this thread until I get an answer please, but I'll understand. You do what you think is best.

John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

finkysteets ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quote - ..OK just picked up the Visual Style Shaders.  The download did bring up warning as there have not been enough evaluations of the file though Norton yet (this occasionally occurs with new releases).  It installed without a hitch save for the usual Windows Firewall message.

Again, I'm willing to put up with this from time to time to know that my system is protected.  The only time my system was infected was when I was using MacAfee and receiving one of the MS auto updates.  Apparently a "door" was left open and a redirect virus piggybacked on the DL. Since then I have all auto updates disabled (including Adobe Flash) and I've set all update services to prompt me first so I can evaluate and scan them.

I do have all auto updates disabled, but did recently have an incident happen through McAfee (an old type revived).  I found it myself through an article.  I probably wouldn't have been aware it existed otherwise. 

Manual inspection is required for all installments now - since I'm feeling a little less confident.  LOL  Thanks for the input.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:44 AM

Tjohn said

Quote - @ Chohole and D/S Mods and anyone else who knows:

I am not complaining about the Daz site, only wondering if I'm doing something wrong. All day today I have been attempting to shop a bit at Daz, but now none of my Plat. Club discounts are showing on any of my items. Only yesterday they were working fine. Am I doing something wrong or is this happening to anyone else? I don't expect Daz to have everything fixed quickly, only ASAP. I know that these things take time, I remember the last big changes here at Rendo. I just don't want to buy w/o my discounts, and wondering if it's my fault.

Please don't lock or delete this thread until I get an answer please, but I'll understand. You do what you think is best.

John

This problem was spotted, and reported to the  PTB, but of course it was weekend so I am not certain if they have received the email yet.  Will try to keep you posted

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:40 AM

A few weeks back I tried the WOW demo. With in 2 days my email was flooded with spam; 800 plus a day, some one tried to hack my paypal account, and some one did hack my facebook account. I filed a complaint, and went to the forum, I was beat down fast, everything blaimed on me, it was all some how my fault. I got this from company reps and fanboys. Now I don't trust any of these companies or their reps.

I wont pause my antiV for anything, if DAZ content is flagged and wont install, I just wont shop there anymore. Simple as that. Not my job to report DAZ installers to Avast. DAZ wants it fixed, DAZ can deal with doing it. I don't beta for anyone any more.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thanks, Chohole! Glad it wasn't me (this time). :D

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

durf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:52 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quote - Chohole, easy, every post I make on the subject has been deleted. It is not open for discussion on the DAZ forum.

As you can see it is most antiV not just the one I use, so DAZ is right and all the antiv are wrong? Do you honestly beleve that? And isn't antiVs to keep viruses off your machine so you pause them so you can install something with out question?

If it's not open for discussion, there have to be something really wrong with those installers! may be it's daz, that install some spoof software to see you only use official products.

never take you AV down for false positives!

how do you think Botnets would be build ????

falsepositive i don't think soo........

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - Chohole, easy, every post I make on the subject has been deleted. It is not open for discussion on the DAZ forum.

If it's not open for discussion, there have to be something really wrong with those installers! may be it's daz, that install some spoof software to see you only use official products.

never take you AV down for false positives!

how do you think Botnets would be build ????

falsepositive i don't think soo........

Did you not see my answer to Stanley

chohole wrote

Quote - Actually Stan, I told you and others, on the Daz3D site, that AV apps were throwing up false positives as regards some Daz installers, so I don't know how you can say it is not discussed over there.

I also told you that this has been discussed on at least one of the AV suppliers forums, and it was agreed there that the latest upgrades of AV software were more prone to throwing up these false positives.

In fact there even a couple of fixes annotated, to help people get round the problem.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:51 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:52 PM

So let me get this straight, half a dozen antiVs are wrong, have been wrong for 6 months and DAZ is right?

Take this as you will, in my opinion if your antiV hasn't flagged a DAZ installer you might want to down load and scan your comp with a different antiV. Because if it missed them, not telling what has slipped on to your comp. I'd rather have false posatives all day then have 1 virus slip by.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 6:13 PM

The biggest source of false positives is from the heuristic models the various AV products use.

Installers by there very nature are more likely to trip those.

A good strategy is to rescan with them turned off, so that if it does trip again, you know it's matching a specific virus signature (and so increases the likelyhood that you've got a true positive).

Daja ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:12 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:23 PM

Quote - I no longer suport nor do busness with DAZ. There are multiple reasons but the first one is I can't install any of my purchases. I have 18 items setting that my antiV absolutly wont let install. My antiV has given me warnings since DAZ went to the new installers. With the last up date to my antiV it just will not let them install now. And I trust my antiV more then DAZ. DAZ installers are the only thing I am having this issue with, so ....

Now why is this here instaead of on the DAZ forum, easy same reason you don't see this discussed on DAZ; I am sure I am not the only one with this issue, because of DAZ's fasiest forum censorship. DAZ's forum is strickly for questions, prase, and commercial posts. Nothing more.

I have the same problem my Avast tells me its a virus but its not. if the installer is older, it will sometimes come up that way. I notice on the new installers Daz uses it doesn't say it's a virus. I've been doing this six years. The older 3D  models stallers Daz uses are outdated. Thats why it does that. Make sense? On my system anyway.

And it's not the installers that gives you the virus it's the act of downloading them.

Daz dos not harbor viruses on their site. That's not how a virus works. A virus passes through the simple act of downloading from the web, not installing. And it has nothing to do with a false positive. No such thing.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:50 AM

Stanley said

Quote - So let me get this straight, half a dozen antiVs are wrong, have been wrong for 6 months and DAZ is right?

Take this as you will, in my opinion if your antiV hasn't flagged a DAZ installer you might want to down load and scan your comp with a different antiV. Because if it missed them, not telling what has slipped on to your comp. I'd rather have false posatives all day then have 1 virus slip by.

I give up Stanley, given that you are not going to listen to anything anyone tells you. Avast has gone into paranoid mode since the last full rebuild of the program was installed on people's computers.

Or are you going to tell me that a CD, an actual microsoft CD, one that I have had for some 12 years I calculate, one that has been installed and working on several different computers over these years, has suddenly been infected with some sort of malware. That's a pretty clever sort of malware, one that can suddenly install itself onto a read only CD which has just been sitting in a stack of CDs in a rack near the computer.

nDelphi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:27 AM

Quote - Now why is this here instaead of on the DAZ forum, easy same reason you don't see this discussed on DAZ; I am sure I am not the only one with this issue, because of DAZ's fasiest forum censorship. DAZ's forum is strickly for questions, prase, and commercial posts. Nothing more.

This is just not true at all.

False positives caused by many anti-virus packages (and a myriad of issues, including bugs, installation issues, disappointments, and vents at DAZ, etc.) have always been discussed on the DAZ Forums. Do a search on Google and you will prove it to yourself, seeing as you will not listen to those who are trying to help you.

This Google search will bring up pages on the topics from the DAZ Forums:

false positive site:forum.daz3d.com

Due to the updates at DAZ 3D you might have to view the Google cached versions of the pages if you require to read the contents.

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quote - This Google search will bring up pages on the topics from the DAZ Forums:

false positive site:forum.daz3d.com

Due to the updates at DAZ 3D you might have to view the Google cached versions of the pages if you require to read the contents.

And If you use

false positive site:forumarchive.daz3d.com 

You can even have that search without relying on the Google cache 

krsears ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 7:02 AM

If one is so worried about viruses, malware and such, then one is using the wrong OS for what is being done or one needs to change their computing habits.

This slavish devotion to a single tool is crazy.  Once the OS becomes a limiter rather than a facilitator, it's time to look for other options.

Kendall

Bejaymac ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 7:19 AM

I use Avast and have done for years, yet I don't get any virus warnings from DAZ installers, so the big question is how are you downloading them?

BitRock installers were designed to be a major PITFA to bit torrent users, the multi threaded download system those programs use causes the installers to "throw up a flag", which makes an AV think there is a virus in the file. The problem is that the same can happen if you use a download manager or a 'fancy' browser downloader, as they also use the multi threaded download system.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:15 AM

I don't get the warning when downloading. I download the content the way everyone else does. Right from my DAZ account with no helpers.

I don't get the warning from freebie zips, I don't get the warning installing app demos, I don't get the warning from installing games, I don't get the warning from updates, the only time I get it is trying to install DAZ content.

I'm sorry, when some one is standing knee deep in water telling me it isn't flooding, I'm not going to beleave them.

If DAZ doesn't want to fix/change it's installers so they don't set off antiVs that is on DAZ. If DAZ doesn't want to contact the antiV companies to resolve the issue that is also on DAZ. If it is a false positive issue you would think 8 months is long enough to resolve it. The only conclusion I can come to is there is something in the installers DAZ doesn't want to change, that reads enough like a virus that my antiV wont let it install. That is enough for me to not want it on my machine.

And once again I will ask the question everyone seems to be avoiding answering, if you downloaded content from a site besides DAZ and it sets off your antiV would you pause/turn off your antiV to install it?

If DAZ doesn't want to resolve this issue, DAZ doesn't want me as a customer. And I am sure I am not the only one, just the most vocal. I am not shoping some place where their content consistently sets off my antiV. If renderosities content consistently set off your antiV would you continue to buy and download it? If runtimeDNAs content consistently set off your antiV would you continue to shop there?

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:41 AM

No and I don't get any warning when I put a CD in the CD drive, but I get an alert (a false postive) when I try installing it.  So now do I contact Microsoft and tell them that my official microsoft Office CD is sending my Avast into Paranoia mode, what are they going to do about it. ANd do I then tell them I am going to stop shopping at microsoft because my AV has done this.  Yes of course I am. rolleyes:

Ian Porter ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:42 AM

You may have a virus on your system which is infecting the executables once they have finished downloading onto your system, but it's clear you are not really interested in getting an answer.....

blondie9999 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:20 AM

Yeah, like content from DAZ is just going to be chock-full of viruses.  Uh-huh.  Sure.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:20 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:21 AM

Put in a google search for Avast false positves, and see just how many results you get come up. I list just the first few I found this way

http://www.helpmyos.com/t1483-avast-false-positives

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96034.0

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96895.0

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=89968.0

Or one virus difinition that resulted in many sites getting blocked by Avast

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?/topic/131584-avast-false-positive-bans-innocent-sites/

Or even a false positive that flagged up one of windows XP core files as suspicious file and reccomended that is was removed.   Hmmm

Please note most of these were reported to Avast on their own forums.

I don't know about you, but I am thinking of changing my Anti Virus program, not my 3D shopping habits

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quote - Put in a google search for Avast false positves, and see just how many results you get come up. I list just the first few I found this way

http://www.helpmyos.com/t1483-avast-false-positives

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96034.0

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=96895.0

Or one virus difinition that resulted in many sites getting blocked by Avast

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?/topic/131584-avast-false-positive-bans-innocent-sites/

Or even a false positive that flagged up one of windows XP core files as suspicious file and reccomended that is was removed.   Hmmm

Please note most of these were reported to Avast on their own forums.

I don't know about you, but I am thinking of changing my Anti Virus program, not my 3D shopping habits

My dear little valleys girl!!!

Do you ever get the feeling your bashin your head up against a mineshaft wall :laugh:

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi Kylumi, yup I do get that feeling. It;s like I am trying to ascend that mineshaft with the winding wheel inoperative :rolleyes:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.