Mon, Oct 21, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quote -  

Not sure what you mean by 'the injection morphs obviously DON'T work'. Obviously V4 injection morphs don't work on Genesis - she's a different figure with a different mesh, just like V3 morphs don't work on V4. Plus she's not set up to use any kind of INJECTION morph, DAZ started with injection morphs with V3, developed them with the ExP system with V4, but they were always a nightmare for support and with the new Genesis system and the DSON files they have dropped the whole notion of injecting morphs. When you install Genesis morphs, they are then just there next time you load a Genesis - there is no injecting anything at all.

Genesis morphs work on Genesis. And as I explained above, with DS4.5 and the GenX plugin you can also convert all generation 3 and generation 4 morphs to Genesis versions as well. (With the GenX plugin, you can convert all V4 and M4 morphs. To convert M3, V3, S3, D3, F3, A3, H3 and G3 morphs rerquires GenX expansion packs). So you can use V4 and M4 morphs on Genesis (and the pose files that set them to create characters), but ONLY by converting the morphs (and pose files) with GenX.

Thank you for clarifying.

MAT files and hair for V4 work on the Genesis figure, but the morphs don't.  So, if I buy the morph bundle packages from DAZ and install these into my Poser runtime, they will be available to use when I load the Genesis figure, right?

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:01 PM

Quote - Are you trying to use V4 injections on V5?  I might be wrong on this, but I think the main reason it doesn't work is because Genesis is much lower poly (about 1/4 the number of polys that V4 has), so it makes sense that the morphs wouldn't work. I am still installing things so don't know yet if V5 has injections of her own.

Morphs  will only work on a specific mesh - same polys in same arrangement other than being morphed around. It is enough that Genesis is a different mesh to V4/M4, doesn't matter whether it is higher or lower polys.

As to actual ploy size, base Genesis is under 20000 polys, which is less than a third of V4s, thsu using less computer resources both for the geometry and morph deltas. But presuming you render it with the subdivision on the higher setting, then for the render it will actually be a higher rez than V4.

As above, there are no injections. You install morphs with the DAZ installer, or drop the data directory from a morph pack over the data directory beside the runtime while also adding the runtime for the morphs, and when you next load the Genesis (from the importer) all the morphs you have, including the new ones, are just there. No running the little app to update the figure as with V4 after installing morphs. Absolutely no injections of any kind. The morphs will just be there in the figure after install. For characters with custom morphs, the custom morph would just be added to Genesis like any other when you install, and you would then have a pose file jsut to set teh morph dials  but not to inject the morphs - the morphs will be in Genesis without any injecting.

General Body morphs for Gensis come ins ets like the Genesis Evolution essentials, they then mix with Basic Female, V4 morph for Genesis if you have that, V5 shape if you have that, M5  if you have that. It's called the Genesis Genepool. You don't get e.g. a fat morph for V5. Yu get a fat morph, and then that works with V5, M5,  Basic female, the V4 Genesis shape or whatever.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - Are you trying to use V4 injections on V5?  I might be wrong on this, but I think the main reason it doesn't work is because Genesis is much lower poly (about 1/4 the number of polys that V4 has), so it makes sense that the morphs wouldn't work. I am still installing things so don't know yet if V5 has injections of her own.

Morphs  will only work on a specific mesh - same polys in same arrangement other than being morphed around. It is enough that Genesis is a different mesh to V4/M4, doesn't matter whether it is higher or lower polys.

As to actual ploy size, base Genesis is under 20000 polys, which is less than a third of V4s, thsu using less computer resources both for the geometry and morph deltas. But presuming you render it with the subdivision on the higher setting, then for the render it will actually be a higher rez than V4.

As above, there are no injections. You install morphs with the DAZ installer, or drop the data directory from a morph pack over the data directory beside the runtime while also adding the runtime for the morphs, and when you next load the Genesis (from the importer) all the morphs you have, including the new ones, are just there. No running the little app to update the figure as with V4 after installing morphs. Absolutely no injections of any kind. The morphs will just be there in the figure after install. For characters with custom morphs, the custom morph would just be added to Genesis like any other when you install, and you would then have a pose file jsut to set teh morph dials  but not to inject the morphs - the morphs will be in Genesis without any injecting.

General Body morphs for Gensis come ins ets like the Genesis Evolution essentials, they then mix with Basic Female, V4 morph for Genesis if you have that, V5 shape if you have that, M5  if you have that. It's called the Genesis Genepool. You don't get e.g. a fat morph for V5. Yu get a fat morph, and then that works with V5, M5,  Basic female, the V4 Genesis shape or whatever.

Right, totally get that the morphs won't work because of the differing poly count ... the only thing I haven't found out yet is if there are injection poses that will inject (say) the V5 Evolution Face and Body morphs into her, or if it's a separate file that you load in from the library ... that was my main question. I've been trickling through the various installs and haven't gotten it all installed yet. 8-)

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quote - General Body morphs for Gensis come ins ets like the Genesis Evolution essentials, they then mix with Basic Female, V4 morph for Genesis if you have that, V5 shape if you have that, M5  if you have that. It's called the Genesis Genepool. You don't get e.g. a fat morph for V5. Yu get a fat morph, and then that works with V5, M5,  Basic female, the V4 Genesis shape or whatever.

Ah, so it's a completely different approach.  I have been enlightened.  Thank you!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:11 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:12 PM

There's nothing to inject. When you load the Genesis figure it scans for everything that's available to it and you can use anything you've already installed. When I installed the new morphs I bought for it they were just "there" the next time I loaded the figure.

Laurie

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:13 PM

@DavidGB

Do you have any workflows to get Zbrushed FBMs of GenX 3 and 4 back onto Genesis? Does the Gen X plug in do this or is it DAZ morphs only?

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quote - @DavidGB

Do you have any workflows to get Zbrushed FBMs of GenX 3 and 4 back onto Genesis? Does the Gen X plug in do this or is it DAZ morphs only?

i sent genesis to zbrush with goz in Poser and it did create a workable morph, but  not yet sure what happens if you save it.  New to this myself.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quote - There's nothing to inject. When you load the Genesis figure it scans for everything that's available to it and you can use anything you've already installed. When I installed the new morphs I bought for it they were just "there" the next time I loaded the figure.

Laurie

thanks!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:38 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:42 PM

Quote - with goz in Poser and it did create a workable morph, but  not yet sure what happens if you save it.  New to this myself.

Chances are, it's not going anywhere. This imports genesis for use in renders. Genesis is not native to Poser so you won't develop content in Poser. See if you can save the unsubdivided morph you made to an obj then use Morph Loader Pro to add the morph into Genesis. If you had just loaded DS4 Pro and used GoZ there, the resulting morph would have been added back as a morph dial that you could save and load into Poser.

Dimension3D also has a tool for loading genesis morphs, but I'm not sure how that would work, considering you could make a morphs specifically for V5 rather than the default genesis and in order to distribute the morph you have to use Morph Loader Pro "Reverse Deformation" option to extract just your changes to a morph dial.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - with goz in Poser and it did create a workable morph, but  not yet sure what happens if you save it.  New to this myself.

Chances are, it's not going anywhere. This imports genesis for use in renders. Genesis is not native to Poser so you won't develop content in Poser. See if you can save the unsubdivided morph you made to an obj then use Morph Loader Pro to add the morph into Genesis. If you had just loaded DS4 Pro and used GoZ there, the resulting morph would have been added back as a morph dial that you could save and load into Poser.

makes sense. Thanks.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:25 PM

Thanks Deecey. 

If you had just loaded DS4 Pro and used GoZ there, the resulting morph would have been added back as a morph dial that you could save and load into Poser.

*So, this the workflow when starting from scratch. man, I would love to put some of my V3fbms on a nice new rig, though...

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:44 PM

Who said there are no happy endings?

Geni sat quietly in the bottom of the pit as the Church debated loudly about who should cast the first stone. As they argued, a man rode up quietly on a small donkey. He spoke. “My name is Joe Carpenter, but you can call me J.C..

One of the children suddenly dropped his little golden calf and pointed up at the sky. The Congregation gasped in wonder as they saw fiery letters blazing across the firmament saying, "Behold, I have sent you D Son. Don't cross him!"

The man reached down and lifted Geni out of the pit. He placed his hand on her head and proclaimed, "I command you demons, leave this woman!" There was a flash of light and the crowd cried out. Her wretched rags had disappeared and she stood before them clad in new raiment, a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress, Manolo Blahnik pumps, and holding a Prada bag. "It is a miracle," they exclaimed in wonder!

The man spoke thusly unto them, "Let there be peace in the world and let it begin with thee. Let the lion lie down with the lamb. Let the Lohans kiss and make up - Amen." Motioning for Geni to open up her bag he said, "And now your sister will pass among you and take up a collection, for verily, momma needs a new temple."

The Congregation was hushed as they dropped their stones and pulled out their purses. The children laughed and rushed to throw their calves into the bag. A lone dissenter on the back pew rose up to protest, but he was suddenly transformed into a pillar of salt. No one noticed that the man and the donkey had disappeared, or that the writing in the sky, now fading in the twilight, had changed. It now read simply, "Blessed are the peacemakers.”

No trace of the strange man was seen again, though years later, some who were there swore that they found the tracks of what appeared to be three camels … heading west.

And to all, a good night.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:52 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:03 PM

** WARNING**

If you plan to uninstall Poser, to make a fresh install now that SR3.1 is out?

Uninstall DSON also, or you will NOT be able to reinstall a fresh Poser...

You will have to uninstall Poser, AND uninstall DSON first.
Then you can re install Poser and re install DSON.

DSON blocks a folder in Poser Pyton lib preventing a fresh Poser install untill DSON is also uninstalled.

Report send to SM

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quote - Who said there are no happy endings?

Geni sat quietly in the bottom of the pit as the Church debated loudly about who should cast the first stone. As they argued, a man rode up quietly on a small donkey. He spoke. “My name is Joe Carpenter, but you can call me J.C..

One of the children suddenly dropped his little golden calf and pointed up at the sky. The Congregation gasped in wonder as they saw fiery letters blazing across the firmament saying, "Behold, I have sent you D Son. Don't cross him!"

The man reached down and lifted Geni out of the pit. He placed his hand on her head and proclaimed, "I command you demons, leave this woman!" There was a flash of light and the crowd cried out. Her wretched rags had disappeared and she stood before them clad in new raiment, a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress, Manolo Blahnik pumps, and holding a Prada bag. "It is a miracle," they exclaimed in wonder!

The man spoke thusly unto them, "Let there be peace in the world and let it begin with thee. Let the lion lie down with the lamb. Let the Lohans kiss and make up - Amen." Motioning for Geni to open up her bag he said, "And now your sister will pass among you and take up a collection, for verily, momma needs a new temple."

The Congregation was hushed as they dropped their stones and pulled out their purses. The children laughed and rushed to throw their calves into the bag. A lone dissenter on the back pew rose up to protest, but he was suddenly transformed into a pillar of salt. No one noticed that the man and the donkey had disappeared, or that the writing in the sky, now fading in the twilight, had changed. It now read simply, "Blessed are the peacemakers.”

No trace of the strange man was seen again, though years later, some who were there swore that they found the tracks of what appeared to be three camels … heading west.

And to all, a good night.

Very pertinent.  LOVE it! LOL

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:05 PM

Just got installed... all seems to work beautifully (noted the points made earlier in this thread about scaling needing some further fixes etc... I expect that'll happen readily enough though, eh?)

... and I've had a quick look through some of the coding of it... the cr2 calling the python, calling the dson loader is all very interesting stuff, technique-wise, I think.

The subdivision also looks to be very neatly done, from the brief play around I've been able to have with that.

Anyway... look forward to having some more time to play with this.

I very much see this, in the first instance, as "the way forward" for my existing Gen4 content... and also various pieces of Gen3 content, that I have held off using, or owning, because I didn't want to fork out for those old figures, if there was a chance that I could get Genesis in Poser (as we now have) and I could use the Gen3 content via the Gen3 shapes, Gen X, etc... I'll now be investigating this.

Whilst it's been great to have V4WM, I would say I use M4 and K4 as much, maybe more than V4, even.

Beyond that, of course, I also now have the choice of the Gen5 (M5 and V5) stuff too.

All of which is fantastic. Choice is a great thing I reckon, ultimately.

Many thanks to the folk at both Daz and Smith Micro who worked on realising this.

I feel as if, now, in many ways, the UrSkeks are whole again... and I feel like I'm a much happier Gelfling for it 😉

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:15 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:27 PM

Now I'm confused.

Do I install the DSON first and the Genesis Essentials first, or is it the other way around?

However, I can't seem to find the Daz People or the Genesis anywhere in my Character folder.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:33 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:35 PM

I installed DSON first, into it's default install location.

Then the other two Genesis Essentials installers, I installed into a new runtime parent folder (that I simply called "Genesis"). Then I added that new runtime folder to my Poser Library.

EDIT: The new Genesis cr2s should appear in a "DAZ People" folder in the "Character" folder (i.e. "Character" section in Poser Library) of whatever runtime you install to, I think?

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:01 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:02 PM

Attached Link: Aiko has a question...

This link shows the age old question: Does my butt look big in this?

Quote - > Quote - question..how does clothing poke through gets solved without the option to apply smoothing?

I haven't seen an answer to this question and hope this will help you:

Step 4 - Help! It Does Not Fit! (scroll down to this step)

No wonder you can't find an answer to that question! :laugh:

regards
prixat

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quote - @DavidGB

[/quote

Bearing in mind I don't have or use Zbrush, so this is as i understand it as far as the Zbrush and GOZ bit goes:

As you want to use Genx transferred morphs, you have to use DS anyway, so you'd be best using it as the tool for all the workflow up to having the finished morphs ready for use in poser.

So it would go something like:

Start with DS4.5 with GOZ (free) and GenX plugin (not free) with additional GenX packs for the gen3 figures whose morphs you want (the gen4 figures are covered by the base purchase of the GenX plugin.

Use GenX plugin to convert gen3 and 4 morphs you want (and presets to apply the morph combinations if applicable).

Load genesis, apply one of the GenXed gen3 or 4 morph and export to Zbrush via GoZ plugin. Refine morph until finished. Return to DS and reimport from Zbrush with MorphLoader, defining morph namem morph group etc during the import,

Save new morph as a .dsf asset. That's all done for use in DS. And the Poser importer will load Genesis with the addition of the refined morph next time.

Keep repeating process through all GenX morphs you want to produce and refine in Zbrush.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:06 PM

Being unable to try it out: can subdivision level be changed after import?

Can one save as cr2?

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:06 PM

AND we can confirm that this is the REAL Genesis.
Everybody sitting down? :-)

OK, load the Genesis from DSON.
She will load and work fine..

But now?
Zoom in on the feet, and more on the toenails. :-)

In parameters palette? Select the head.
In the head, select the "AA" morph, and spin the dial.

What do you see???
Right LOL : Talking toenails. :-) :-) :-) :-) LOL.

Zoom in on the fingertips, and spin that same 'AA' morph
What do you see?
Right LOL : Talking fingernails.

Have fun.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quote - This link shows the age old question: Does my butt look big in this?

Quote - > Quote - question..how does clothing poke through gets solved without the option to apply smoothing?

I haven't seen an answer to this question and hope this will help you:

Step 4 - Help! It Does Not Fit! (scroll down to this step)

First question ... did you use the Scripts > DSON Support > Transfer Active Morphs command on the clothing?

No wonder you can't find an answer to that question! :laugh:

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:09 PM

DSON blocks a folder in Poser Pyton lib preventing a fresh Poser install untill DSON is also uninstalled.

good sleuthing, thanks

I installed DSON first, into it's default install location.

Then the other two Genesis Essentials installers, I installed into a new runtime parent folder (that I simply called "Genesis"). Then I added that new runtime folder to my Poser Library.

I did the same but put essentials on my C drive which got rejected. I never read the manual...

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:10 PM

@colorcurvature
PS, yes you can change SubD after loading, its in the documentation also.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:20 PM

Ah. That works for all poser content now? Or its plugin respawning the figure?

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:23 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:28 PM

Quote - Ah. That works for all poser content now? Or its plugin respawning the figure?

It's one of the features that are included in the DSON support scripts. Seems to be DSON/Genesis specific.

EDIT: Yes, it's Genesis-specific. Just tried it on Andy and it was ineffective.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:30 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:36 PM

Bearing in mind I don't have or use Zbrush, so this is as i understand it as far as the Zbrush and GOZ bit goes:

As you want to use Genx transferred morphs, you have to use DS anyway, so you'd be best using it as the tool for all the workflow up to having the finished morphs ready for use in poser.

So it would go something like:

Thanks DavidGB,,

That looks like a proper pattern to load Daz morphs into Zbrush and back out onto Genesis and into Poser.  I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible yet. The tech is new but has to be more user friendly than the cr2 hack/export/ UVmapper/Zbrush/ UVmapper/Poser/vertice error nightmare I used to do...

wait,,, I did not see this part for some reason. I need to stop scanning posts

Use GenX plugin to convert gen3 and 4 morphs you want (and presets to apply the morph combinations if applicable).

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:34 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:36 PM

I see. Wish I knew how this works without breaking JCMs at the group borders. I didnt think   its actually possible To subdivide a JCM perfectly. The bending seemed to be unsteady there. Maybe something was improved  there. Interesting :) Or maybe the figure is not split geometry. Cool things to research.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:44 PM

Cool things to research

So is colorcurvature back on board or still bored on board? ;) Genesis is outlined as a single object in Poser preview*..* very interesting*.* You'll love it*

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:44 PM

Did everything, now, it's gone.  Got Genesis in my runtime, loaded it with DSON, and nothing, even in scaling.  Man, I goofed somewhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quote - So it would go something like: ...

Thanks DavidGB,,

That looks like a proper pattern to load Daz morphs into Zbrush and back out onto Genesis and into Poser.  I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible yet. The tech is new but has to be more user friendly than the cr2 hack/export/ UVmapper/Zbrush/ UVmapper/Poser/vertice error nightmare I used to do...

wait,,, I did not see this part for some reason. I need to stop scanning posts

I should just add - I don't, as I said,  have or use Zbrush, and therfore don't use the GoZ bridge plugin. But I do have Hexagon, and have done what I described using Hexagon and the DS Hexagon Bridge (use GenX to transfer V4 and M4 morphs to Genesis; load Genesis and dial up one of the transferred morphs; send from DS to Hexagon via the Hexagon Bridge; refine morph in Hexagon; send back via the Hexagon bridge to load as new morph in Genesis with Morphloader, creating the channel name, group etc in the process; save morph as asset). So my assumption is simply that using the DS GoZ bridge is much like using the Hexagon one. On the general question of modifying with 'a modeller' then it's certainly possible via this route ... even if there isn't a bridge plugin to the particular modeller. Without a bridge plugin, or if the GoZ one doesn't return the morph via morphloader automatically the way the Hexagon bridge does, its simply a matter of maybe having to save out of DS the obj of the morphed Genesis (at base resolution - that's important), not necessary with Zbrush as the plugin definitely will send the mesh straight to Zbrush, and/or maybe having to save out the morphed Genesis from the modeller as obj which you can then import onto Genesis as a morph in DS with Morphloader from that saved obj even if the GoZ brdige doesn't return the obj via morphloader itself.

As always, you just need to make sure that in the modeller you don't change the mesh in terms of actually altering what vertex is connected to which other vertices, and watch you don't change the scale of the mesh (or if you do change it, then change it back).

Do note that you can also export Genesis to a UVmapping tool to generate a different UV map for the figure, then reimport as a new, alternate uvmapping on Genesis that can simply be selected in DS, and called with a pose preset in Poser. This can be useful, for example, with a more extreme morph that would stretch the textures too much at some points if using the V4, M4, V5, M5 etc mappings; you can remap the figure to suit the morph, and the pose that the user useson Genesis to dial up the morphed figure in Poser can at the same time switch Genesis to the custom UVmap as it loads the textures.

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:03 PM

Quote - Cool things to research

So is colorcurvature back on board or still bored on board? ;) Genesis is outlined as a single object in Poser preview*..* very interesting*.* You'll love it*

In DS Genesis is a single object. It is a single mesh, not separate bodypart objects welded together. There are no actual bodypart groups in the traditional fashion. It appears to be the same in some fashion imported into Poser

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:05 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Somethinf I noticed is that genesis has lines around it. If you look closely you can see a blue line around the figure to the left. There isn't any on the firgure to the right (v4). Does anyone know why? Something to do wih subdivition perhaps?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:28 PM

Great thread DavidGB,,,

I'm not sure GoZ is all that useful to me anyway. I'm not in a rush and it delivers the same errors as any of my old workflows. Perhaps more of them.

Bringing a few dozen old FBMs from V3/D3 back to life does intrigue me. Skipping Poser's requirement of overlapping UVs is also a good thing when using Zbrush..

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:48 PM

I'm a bit fuzzy headed these days, and I'd forgotten Poser now also has a GoZ plugin. So just to be totally clear for any Poser user who doesn't realise, DS4 Pro (the current, only and free version) also has a GoZ plugin (the GoZ Bridge to give it its full name), and wherever I mentioned GoZ in the posts above, I was referring to the DS GoZ bridge plugin (that sends Genesis's single object mesh - or anything else - to ZBrush and recovers it as a morph), and NOT the Poser GoZ plugin.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:03 PM

file_487586.jpg

Another thing that's bothering me is that I had to scale it - hence the attached pic.

I may have uninstall and do it all over. 

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quote - I am even more impressed. The plugin even subdivides the mesh to several levels.

At level -1, it i the bare minimum, at 2 it is even a lot higher as the gen4 figures. You dial the level in at figure level and change it whenever you want

Actually at -1 sub-division is off. :) Use this for speed, then turn it up to render.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quote - Thanks Deecey. 

If you had just loaded DS4 Pro and used GoZ there, the resulting morph would have been added back as a morph dial that you could save and load into Poser.

*So, this the workflow when starting from scratch. man, I would love to put some of my V3fbms on a nice new rig, though...

For that use GenX. :)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quote - In DS Genesis is a single object. It is a single mesh, not separate bodypart objects welded together. There are no actual bodypart groups in the traditional fashion. It appears to be the same in some fashion imported into Poser

Not sure if this will give colorcurvature a pointer in Poser, but he might see similar functionality in Poser by checking out usage of the Figure > Skinning Method > Simple Bones Single Skin command.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:20 PM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Will the figure take Gen 4 clothes (and textures as long as I'm asking), or do you need an addon for that? Laurie

It would be possible to autofit Gen 4 clothes in DS and save as a .duf file + poser companion file to use in Poser. Without smoothing and collision the results might not be as good as clothes created specifically for Genesis. Gen 4 clothes loaded directly in poser won't work, you need autofit in DS.

Genesis will take V4, M4 and K4 maps - I think its possible to change uv's by using the MC6 presets first and then loading your map but I haven't played with that yet.

I wonder how Wardrobe Wizard will do on this? ...I'll definitely be picking up Phil's Genesis figure definition now, I reckon.

Genesis in PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard was built based on the Genesis CR2 Export. This is a different process, so unless PhilC updates WW to handle this new Genesis, it isn't going to work. (Due to the nature of the import, I am not sure it is even possible, but PhilC performs miracles on a daily basis. :) )   

The addon needed, at this time, to use Mil 4 clothing, is DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro, which is free.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:22 PM

Quote - Somethinf I noticed is that genesis has lines around it. If you look closely you can see a blue line around the figure to the left. There isn't any on the firgure to the right (v4). Does anyone know why? Something to do wih subdivition perhaps?

Is that the so-called "cage"?

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quote - hhhmmmm .... for those of us that have created quite a few conforming clothes for V4, do you think there would be enough interest in the new Daz figures now to make converting the V4 clothing for use with Daz Figures in Poser 2012 worth the time it would take? Just thinking outloud. There would be quite a learning curve to figure out how to make them work on Genesis.

The Transfer Utility, in DAZ Studio, makes it easier to rig than you would think it would.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Somethinf I noticed is that genesis has lines around it. If you look closely you can see a blue line around the figure to the left. There isn't any on the firgure to the right (v4). Does anyone know why? Something to do wih subdivition perhaps?

No it isn't the cage, exactly, but it is the outline of the base geometry. Apparently DAZ had to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat to get Catmull-Clark Sub-D in Poser.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Somethinf I noticed is that genesis has lines around it. If you look closely you can see a blue line around the figure to the left. There isn't any on the firgure to the right (v4). Does anyone know why? Something to do wih subdivition perhaps?

No it isn't the cage, exactly, but it is the outline of the base geometry. Apparently DAZ had to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat to get Catmull-Clark Sub-D in Poser.

And it does work great too. VERY pleased with this. We've been waiting a long time ;)

Laurie

Sabby ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:47 PM
Online Now!

Having lots of fun with this~ :D YAY

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

mada ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:24 PM

Very nice :)

...faith, trust and pixiedust

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:52 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_487594.jpg

Default female shape with default Lana texture.

No Poser smoothing. SubD level 1.

Subdivision works nicely and it takes only 3 to 4 seconds longer to render than completely turned off.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 10:39 PM

Well, I managed to get Genesis to work... I think!

Looks good so far.

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quote - Having lots of fun with this~ :D YAY

Lovely character. It looks like it isrendering at a higher res.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

arrow1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2012 at 1:33 AM

Has anyone tried to add V4 Jewellery props tp Victoria 5 yet? I tried and re parented them. Added a V5 pose and all my jewellery shot all over the place! Wierd. Any suggestions.

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.