Fri, Sep 20, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 1:46 PM · edited Mon, 11 February 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quote -
 Alos I find WW very awkward. I guess I am so used to autofit, oh well.

Yes, the way you can just drag a clothing item to a character is DS and watch as, lo!!, it fits is marvelous compared to the way WW works, or even just trying to get a V4 or M4 item to fit the character it was made for.

Angela, if you're reading, I noticed your comment about "losing all the morphs" if, e.g., you're trying to get a V4 dress to fit V5 or Genesis. No, you don't have to lose any morphs. Go to Edit, and select "Convert to Weight Mapping." Accept the default, TriX. Lanuch the Transfer Utility, from among other places, the Edit (Object?) menu, choose V5 if that's what you're working with, then (next box down) "Clone," then, from the popups,  V4, then over on the right, select the item such as "dress." Almost done, but click the "Show Other Options" box, and choose "Reverse [something like source shape on object]." Now you're done. 

Amethst25 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Alos I find WW very awkward. I guess I am so used to autofit, oh well.

Yes, the way you can just drag a clothing item to a character is DS and watch as, lo!!, it fits is marvelous compared to the way WW works, or even just trying to get a V4 or M4 item to fit the character it was made for.

Angela, if you're reading, I noticed your comment about "losing all the morphs" if, e.g., you're trying to get a V4 dress to fit V5 or Genesis. No, you don't have to lose any morphs. Go to Edit, and select "Convert to Weight Mapping." Accept the default, TriX. Lanuch the Transfer Utility, from among other places, the Edit (Object?) menu, choose V5 if that's what you're working with, then (next box down) "Clone," then, from the popups,  V4, then over on the right, select the item such as "dress." Almost done, but click the "Show Other Options" box, and choose "Reverse [something like source shape on object]." Now you're done. 

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work.  I thought you were going to add  - scream like a chicken will spinning around 3 times.   (only joking)  But it does sound like a lot of work. I doubt I could remember all those steps. :(

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 9:15 PM

Hi, Amethst25: You just have to do them a few times, and it becomes easy. If you just do the AutoFit, it will fit, but you wil loose all those extra morphs the creator built in.

Tollaris ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quote - Hi, Amethst25: You just have to do them a few times, and it becomes easy. If you just do the AutoFit, it will fit, but you wil loose all those extra morphs the creator built in.

This is not true with with Studio 4.5. Just using auto-fit will retain all morphs built into the item. Though as usual anything tied to the original rigging of the figure is still lost, easypose for example.

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi, Amethst25: You just have to do them a few times, and it becomes easy. If you just do the AutoFit, it will fit, but you wil loose all those extra morphs the creator built in.

This is not true with with Studio 4.5. Just using auto-fit will retain all morphs built into the item. Though as usual anything tied to the original rigging of the figure is still lost, easypose for example.

Really? OK, well thanks. I didn't know that. I've been using the method I described above. I guess that's good news for us all.

mbin ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 1:43 AM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 1:44 AM

Would you be willing to post that in Paolo's forum in the thread called Recipes?

If I get home early enough tonight, I will... otherwise it will be the weekend. I might also look at the w/e as to any other info I saved from the old daz forums to see if it is worth posting there too... although it is only info upto the point when daz redid their site, as I didn't frequent the daz reality forum once we were running here... `¬)

Was the pearl settings for the particular choker in acsel, and did it get updated for the newer reality acsel does anyone know?

P.S. thanks for those that responded to poser/daz preferances! `¬)

MyDeviantArtGallery

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 11:42 AM

Attached Link: 'Easy Pose System for Reality Meshlights'

Here is my 'Easy Pose System' for Reality meshlights. You can download it from Sharecg. Use the link at the top of this post if you want to download it.

I want to thank Amethst25 for testing it and helping me making the Guide comprehensive!

Glad I 'choose' you for testing sweetie! wink (she knows why ;) )

Two images: one that shows what's in the package, one that shows a simple scene with two MeshSpots.

Hope some of you find this useful. :)

promo

example

MBusch ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 12:04 PM

Quote - Here is my 'Easy Pose System' for Reality meshlights. You can download it from Sharecg. Use the link at the top of this post if you want to download it.

I want to thank Amethst25 for testing it and helping me making the Guide comprehensive!

Two images: one that shows what's in the package, one that shows a simple scene with two MeshSpots.

Thanks! Very appreciated and useful.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quote - Here is my 'Easy Pose System' for Reality meshlights. You can download it from Sharecg. Use the link at the top of this post if you want to download it.

promo

example

You are most welcome Charley!!  This is a great set to use and so easy.  You must read the guide first there is a step the the Mesh Spot light that you must do. After that super easy to use.   I love being able to see where the lights are pointing. I had missed that when I started using LUX to render. 

Thanks for making these Charley.. 

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 12:49 PM

Thank you very much Charley and Kim for provinding this new tool. I'm sure a lot of Reality artists will enjoy it!

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 12:53 PM

I hope they do Paolo! Glad I found a way to parent a meshlight to a camera :) The trick is in the null object the cam is parented to. Reality ignores cameras, but it sees the null just fine!

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:27 PM

Callad and Amethst: Thank you  both for the Easy Pose Light System. I'm rendering right now, but it's a work I started a couple of days ago. I like what's happening, but on my computer it's taking a long time. But, the next render I do will include your new lighting system.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:28 PM

It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo...

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quote - It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo...

What does change the ratio Bob?

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:33 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:43 PM

file_491578.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo... > > What does change the ratio Bob?

The lights when I tried applying one it gave like this 1x1 rectangle that left out most of the scene then the seetings remained like that I had to go dig up my ol screen size again

Edit added pic

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:43 PM

It seems like quite a few of you like Daz 4.5 now and it appears to be working fairly well.  If that is the case I'd like to start using it, I have Daz 4.0 right now.

Is Daz 4.5 stable now and without a lot of bugs?  If so, do I uninstall D 4.0 and then install 4.5?  Also, do I have to have all my content in the same file folder as the Daz 4.5 studio is in?

I would also use the latest version of Reality. Would I uninstall the one I'm using and install the new one?

I've tried to search through the forums for these answers, but found it rather confusing. Then again, I'm confused alot ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo...

The lights when I tried applying one it gave like this 1x1 rectangle that left out most of the scene then the seetings remained like that I had to go dig up my ol screen size again

I think that happened because you first loaded one of the lights, than merged your scene. Or, you tried loading one of the lights as 'new scene' thus letting it set the ratio. Possibly schoose 'new scene' then loaded one of your own scene and merged a Easy Pose light after that.

What you should try is this:

Start up DS, load one of you own scenes. Check if the ratio is OK. Then merge an Easy Pose light. Now check again the ratio, it should still be as in your original scene.

Does that help? 

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:45 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:45 PM

Ok will do I just loaded a light in a new scene

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quote - It seems like quite a few of you like Daz 4.5 now and it appears to be working fairly well.  If that is the case I'd like to start using it, I have Daz 4.0 right now.

Is Daz 4.5 stable now and without a lot of bugs?  If so, do I uninstall D 4.0 and then install 4.5?  Also, do I have to have all my content in the same file folder as the Daz 4.5 studio is in?

I would also use the latest version of Reality. Would I uninstall the one I'm using and install the new one?

I've tried to search through the forums for these answers, but found it rather confusing. Then again, I'm confused alot ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I can see 4.5 is stable. I did it like this:

Downloaded 4.5 and ran the installer. It then will un-install your previous version and install the 4.5 afterwards automatically.

The only content you might loose is content that came with the previous version of Daz. Nothing you installed seperately will be un-installed by 4.5

I did the same with Reality. Downloaded the latest version (close DazStudio) then ran the Reality installer.

That worked fine for me :)

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 2:49 PM

Been using 4.5.56 not too many issues so far

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:12 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/333-353829178

file_491579.jpg

Thanks Charley just tested it merging does preserve the ratio and the cam sets the light pretty clever! Been doing more combo of alpha renders mixed with BG digital photos

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:17 PM
callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:34 PM

Quote - Thanks Charley just tested it merging does preserve the ratio and the cam sets the light pretty clever! Been doing more combo of alpha renders mixed with BG digital photos

Glad your problem is solved Bob! :)

Love your outdoor lighting Bob! Very neat scenes also!

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:40 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:43 PM

Thanks in my early days I used DS just to have steady characters fro my stories and simply used to render them as PNG files and merge them the BG pics I took with my digicam http://fav.me/d38yjr8  http://fav.me/d38wzkz  then got into full render with the base lights LDP2 UE & now Reality Lux. I like the fact that Lux provides quality so that I can merge them to forret BG digital pics to fill the BG with rendered alpha forground I may experiment with this method again since I can alpha render quality characters..

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo...

Edit added pic

Interestingly, since I upgraded to 4.5 many of my top toolbar icons ceased to be graphic.  I get a few words instead.

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It changes the ratio which I am not crazy about sorry to be the bummer in the convo...

Edit added pic

Interestingly, since I upgraded to 4.5 many of my top toolbar icons ceased to be graphic.  I get a few words instead.

UHF, those are two unrelated problems :) Bob's problem was that he loaded an Easy Pose light first. The first scene-file that is loaded determines the ratio that is set for rendering. His problem was solved by first loading a scene, then merge the Easy Pose Light into that scene. Has nothing to do with 4.5, just a common way Daz works.

Your problem may be solved by using another theme for DazStudio? Which theme do you use now?

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:19 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:20 PM

What most likely threw me off is the need to merge rather then add them since your packages are scenes the cam set light is brilliant!

callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quote - What most likely threw me off is the need to merge rather then add them since your packages are scenes the cam set light is brilliant!

Aww Bob, you make me blush! 😊 Thankee for the compliment!

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:23 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:26 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/334-353829156

file_491582.jpg

Im still doing outdoor stuff with the sunlight but when the 2 giantess brats take her home I will try them for my indoor scenes... While I am at it a few more

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:26 PM
callad ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:32 PM

Btw.. working on my next project:

"Light projectors for Spotlights"

They will work in 3Delight and Reality/Luxrender. Simply explained they are Spotlights with a shadow-mask in front of them on which you can load several patterns/images in the opacity channel. A preview camera will make it possible to see exactly where light and where shadow will be in the scene using the viewport.

(Those of you who can remember my "SCS" freebie know what to expect.)

Preliminairy tests are hopeful.. :) 

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:51 PM

Read your tutorial, Callad. Worked out the MeshSpot Lights. Am trying things out now. Not rendering, as I'm still rendering a former work, but playing around inside DS. I love being able to look through the cameras and see where the mesh light or curved light, or meshspot, whatever, is pointing. Thank you and Amethst so much.

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:55 PM

Someone mentioned loosing graphics in the menus when upgrading to DS 4.5.1.56. Happened to me, too. And someone else suggested changing the layout style. Right. I tried that, and all the lost graphics, menus, etc., appeared. Then, I was able to change back to my preferred layout style, and everything was as it should be. 

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 5:48 PM

Quote - Your problem may be solved by using another theme for DazStudio? Which theme do you use now?

I've neer installed anything.  I'm just using everything default.

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 6:27 PM · edited Tue, 12 February 2013 at 6:30 PM

The themes or layouts are all built-in, UHF. Start DAZStudio. Go to Window-->Workspace-->Select Layout.  Also, go to Window-->Style-->Select Style. There are other things in there, too, that may help, such as Window-->Panes (Tabs), and Window-->ViewPorts. But I think the first two of these will help. 

Change the Layout or Style. That may bring back all the Graphs, etc., that should be there.

Sometimes weird things happen after going up to the next release, although I do find 4.5.1.56 to be running pretty well. I had never been able to get Smart Content, and after I upgraded, nope, still no smart content. I tried "reimporting metadata," but nothing.

Then, the next day, I tried once again, to reimport metadata, and, it suddenly worked! Now I have Smart Content. Maybe the memory of the computer needed to be cleared out or something. Shutting down and letting the memory drain may help. Then, try the same things later.

To Import Metadata, go to your Content Library tab, and you'll see a little triangle at the top pointing to the right. (It's over on the top left edge of that tab.)  Click on it, and pull down to Content DB Editor or Content DB Maintenance. You might try "resetting the Content DB." Then, you might try "Reimport Metadata." Make sure, of course, that your Content DB Manager is running.

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 6:38 PM

inquirecallad:  Thanks... Yup all fixed. 

callad: "A Lonely Street", you might try rerendering that with the dress.  Maybe dynamic clothing is working better in Daz since you first did that?

How did you light that scene?  I swear that when I work with IBLs I get nothing but fire flies.

I'm working on a follow up to my last image involving Cambot using Streets of the Mediteranian. My sinlights are always too harsh.  I've now started using meshlights, exclusively and I'm getting really good results.  But it doesn't look like sun.

callad ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 12:06 AM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 12:09 AM

Quote - inquirecallad:  Thanks... Yup all fixed. 

callad: "A Lonely Street", you might try rerendering that with the dress.  Maybe dynamic clothing is working better in Daz since you first did that?

How did you light that scene?  I swear that when I work with IBLs I get nothing but fire flies.

I'm working on a follow up to my last image involving Cambot using Streets of the Mediteranian. My sinlights are always too harsh.  I've now started using meshlights, exclusively and I'm getting really good results.  But it doesn't look like sun.

Actually, I did rerender it with two dynamic dresses :)

http://callad31735.deviantart.com/gallery/33766630#/art/A-Lonely-Street-II-for-Maxxxmodelz-302914041?_sid=1a9ece4a

I used only Sun and Sky for lighting.

"SINlights" UHF? ..now what would Freud think of that?? ;)

Dynamic clothing still make DS crash to desktop instantly. My work-a-round does not work anymore. So when I use Dynamic stuff I save the scene, fire up my old 32bit pc, load the scene, drape, freeze, export and import the draped thinghy into my scene.

Much work so I don't do it often.

MBusch ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 3:19 AM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 3:19 AM

Quote - My latest doodle..

Deco

Hi Charley!

If you don't mind, can you share some more details about the lightning setup for this lovely image? I am also specially interested in how you setup the material for the floor light's cover glass. I cannot get a similar effect as in your image.

Cheers!

Mario

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote - Actually, I did rerender it with two dynamic dresses :) http://callad31735.deviantart.com/gallery/33766630#/art/A-Lonely-Street-II-for-Maxxxmodelz-302914041?_sid=1a9ece4a

I used only Sun and Sky for lighting.

"SINlights" UHF? ..now what would Freud think of that?? ;)

Dynamic clothing still make DS crash to desktop instantly. My work-a-round does not work anymore. So when I use Dynamic stuff I save the scene, fire up my old 32bit pc, load the scene, drape, freeze, export and import the draped thinghy into my scene.

Much work so I don't do it often.

So, you created a sunlight mesh, and used a Sky IBL?  What about CameraFilm settings?  I'm frequently using Optima 200CD. (Sorry I'm not at my rendering PC, its like in the first 20 on Paolo's Film list.)  My renders are set to ISO 200, 1/2 to 1/8 exposure, and 5.6 fstops.  (Actually my renders are going a lot more smoothly when I start with the exposure in mind.)

I'm not sure if this image is good enough, so I'm still thinking about it.  Its defintely got wierd shadowing on it.  And of course seeing the blurred corner on that wall after an overnight render.  sigh

WIP

:blushing: Sinlights indeed.  I used to refer to my girlfriend as my girlfiend...

My wife said this render was practically softcore porn!  I said, "Whadya mean?  She's got panties on!"

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 11:17 AM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 11:18 AM

I too have slowed down using IBL cause as soon as I add a mesh light to it I get little specs of lights that look like dried powder that never quite solidify same if i add a mesh to the sunlight it will never quite clear up. I find its easier to have the sun provide enough light or alpha render and add a sky pic after the fact... Porn my wife knows i produce size fetish porn. She enjoys poking fun at the dialogue. Even i have to admit its pretty cheezy, but it serves it's purpose.

callad ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 12:58 PM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 12:59 PM

Attached Link: FloorLights LUX settings FULL VIEW

> Quote - > Quote - My latest doodle.. > > > > ![Deco](http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/036/c/e/forgotten_times_by_callad31735-d5txd7i.jpg "Deco") > > Hi Charley! > > If you don't mind, can you share some more details about the lightning setup for this lovely image? I am also specially interested in how you setup the material for the floor light's cover glass. I cannot get a similar effect as in your image. > > Cheers! > > Mario

Well Mario.. I had to re-open the scene to find I did not save the settings applied to the cover glass.. So I had to re-create them.

I set the cover glass to matte-translucent. Reflection color 84  84  84, Transmission color 220  198  189. I also used the original texture as Transmission texture. Over expose limiter On.

The effect on the cover glass is also influenced by the settings in Luxrender itself. Gamma / Filmresponse / Bloom settings you can see in the image here below. (for full view use link provided at the top of this post)

Inside the cover glass is a small meshlight ( 1/5th of the diameter of the cover glass)emitting light upwards.

The other lights used are two MeshSpots with IES photometry file pointing at the girl and an IBL light casting light through the window.

Does this help?

FloorLights LUX settings

callad ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:07 PM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quote - So, you created a sunlight mesh, and used a Sky IBL?  What about CameraFilm settings?  I'm frequently using Optima 200CD. (Sorry I'm not at my rendering PC, its like in the first 20 on Paolo's Film list.)  My renders are set to ISO 200, 1/2 to 1/8 exposure, and 5.6 fstops.  (Actually my renders are going a lot more smoothly when I start with the exposure in mind.)

I'm not sure if this image is good enough, so I'm still thinking about it.  Its defintely got wierd shadowing on it.  And of course seeing the blurred corner on that wall after an overnight render.  sigh

WIP

:blushing: Sinlights indeed.  I used to refer to my girlfriend as my girlfiend...

My wife said this render was practically softcore porn!  I said, "Whadya mean?  She's got panties on!"

No, I only loaded a Reality 'Sunlight', so not a meshlight. When calling Luxrender a Sky is provided automatically.

I did the 'Lonely Street' scene a while back so I cannot recall the filmresponse setting. I think it was 'Advantix 400' I used that one a lot back then.

LOVE your image! Can I see it 'full view' somewhere?

..Oi.. if your wife thinks your image is 'softcore-porn' then please not let her see my gallery on DA.. She probably considers those images 'hardcore'? :) 

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:28 PM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Toxic

Click for bigger

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quote - No, I only loaded a Reality 'Sunlight', so not a meshlight. When calling Luxrender a Sky is provided automatically. I did the 'Lonely Street' scene a while back so I cannot recall the filmresponse setting. I think it was 'Advantix 400' I used that one a lot back then.

..Oi.. if your wife thinks your image is 'softcore-porn' then please not let her see my gallery on DA.. She probably considers those images 'hardcore'? :) 

This is where I am on DA... http://fluffybush.deviantart.com/

I think all artists are pornographers at heart.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - No, I only loaded a Reality 'Sunlight', so not a meshlight. When calling Luxrender a Sky is provided automatically. I did the 'Lonely Street' scene a while back so I cannot recall the filmresponse setting. I think it was 'Advantix 400' I used that one a lot back then.

This is where I am on DA... http://fluffybush.deviantart.com/

I think all artists are pornographers at heart.

LOL my brother even commented "all your females have big boobs...

MBusch ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:50 PM · edited Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - My latest doodle..

Deco

Hi Charley!

If you don't mind, can you share some more details about the lightning setup for this lovely image? I am also specially interested in how you setup the material for the floor light's cover glass. I cannot get a similar effect as in your image.

Cheers!

Mario

Well Mario.. I had to re-open the scene to find I did not save the settings applied to the cover glass.. So I had to re-create them.

I set the cover glass to matte-translucent. Reflection color 84  84  84, Transmission color 220  198  189. I also used the original texture as Transmission texture. Over expose limiter On.

The effect on the cover glass is also influenced by the settings in Luxrender itself. Gamma / Filmresponse / Bloom settings you can see in the image here below. (for full view use link provided at the top of this post)

Inside the cover glass is a small meshlight ( 1/5th of the diameter of the cover glass)emitting light upwards.

The other lights used are two MeshSpots with IES photometry file pointing at the girl and an IBL light casting light through the window.

Does this help?

FloorLights LUX settings

Sorry for disturb you. This helps a lot.

I will try to setup an image using this info and post it here.

Thank you!

pobble ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 2:10 PM

file_491602.jpg

Howdy,

I'm trying to "Reality-ize" the fabulous Vanessa texture for V4 from Maelwenn.  Here's her promo render:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1560699&user_id=346681&member&np

I'm getting decent results in Reality/Lux, but am overwhelmed by the maps.  Not only are there hi-res textures and spec maps, there are bump maps and displacement maps, and some displacement maps labelled "DS".  Finally, there are 2nd skins, and bump and displacement maps for these!  When I try to use them all, I get lousy results, so I've reverted to not using the spec or displacement maps.  Here's an example.  Has anyone figured all this out and how to get the Reality settings optimized?  Thanks.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 5:02 PM

If you have specmaps you should use them. The same for bump. Displacement should be avoided. The use of specmaps is connected with the specular color and glossiness, you will need to be specific about what you used to get advice.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Xandi ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 5:14 PM

I'm in need of help.  I installed the latest daz version and then used the dim to install all my files.  I did not uninstall the files first.  It now tells me that it cannot find the genesis file.  I see a genesis.duf file, but it's not in a folder.  How can I fix this problem? Did I do something wrong? I don't want to install the lastest version of reality until I'm sure that daz is working properly.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.