Fri, Sep 20, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

ointment ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 3:14 PM

Seems like there is an addon in the works for Luxur, suspect that will change the total pricing.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18555/

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 3:23 PM · edited Mon, 11 March 2013 at 3:23 PM

Here's what's so wonderful about DAZ:

From that luxor thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18555/

"Sorry no Mac version at this time. The Mac compiler has a dynamic_cast bug that makes it so a Shader Mixer extension won't work. DAZ has assured Spheric Labs they have implemented a workaround that should become available with the next beta release of DAZ Studio." 

Do you see what I as a  Mac user see? The Mac has a "bug." When DAZ released it's so-so-faulty DIM beta, there was also an explanation about the placement of the app in the Users/Shared folder becuse of a Mac bug. 

I think there are more bugs in DAZ than there are in a Mac.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 4:10 PM

Quote - To further along the automobile metaphors.... for years I drove this muscle car called a Poser.... the last one I had was the 2012 model year.  It was a great car.. picked up lots of chicks with it.  But, it had a gps I never used(all the extra tabs like the material room) had no radio(Genesis) and I really had to fiddle with the a/c to get it to work(fitting clothes).  Then I saw an ad for this new and improved economy car called DazStudio.  I had driven it back when it sucked and was hesitant.  But, the ppl who drove it said that the radio was terrific and the a/c was icy cold.  So, I tried it.  Loved it... vowed to always drive it.  But, I couldn't pick up any more chicks in it because it wasn't my tried and true poser(translated 3delight sucks compared to firefly).  Then came along this Italian auto genius named Paolo(why is it always the italians who make cars extra-sexy?).... he told me he could put a chip in my car that would make it faster than the Poser I had and that the chicks would come flocking to see what was under the hood of my DazStudio.  It was all true..  my little D|S runs like a dream, I've learned to use it's own version of gps.  The a/c is still arctic cold and the radio is crisp and loud.  So.. along comes another auto engineer who wants to put some other engine in my DazStudio???  No way.. I'll stick to Italian engineering thank you very much.  As long as Paolo doesn't turn my DazStudio into a Fiat I'll be just fine.

LOL, great analogy and exactly fits for me also.

just viewed the threads about Luxor at DAZ and from what i can see, price point is the only advantage. Definitely a few new lost Lux users now, but i am not going to help new lux users using Luxor, gotta show some loyalty. Paolo has gone above and beyond with Reality.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quote - the biggest thing missing is the ability to change renderand light settings on the fly and get instant feedback in LUX

another thing missing is stop and start rendering.

Its got a long way to go.

My Mistake... i found the setting to use the LUX interface

ointment ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 4:51 PM

Three renders (3delight, reality, luxus)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18550/P30/#272968

and further down comments about a tiling problem.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 6:37 PM · edited Mon, 11 March 2013 at 6:39 PM

The only thing I can see happening is perhaps one day those who want to stay with DS may need to go to Luxus if Reality ever stops being compatible since Paolo seems to be gravetating towards poser... The postivie side is those of us who enjoy Lux rendering will be able to do so. I will use Reality as long as its compatible.

lasserine ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 7:16 PM

I am suprised, since he helped bring Genesis to Poser, which allows more Daz products to be sold.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 7:24 PM

Having set that I am with Charley & others the promo pics do look inferior..

mustang2011 ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:13 PM

I just finished looking at the luxus thread. I did look carefully at the the 3 renders used for comparsion. I don't see anything there that would make me want to stop using Reality. Ever since I started using Reality I have loved it and have learned a lot about using it.

The only difference I see between the two is that Luxus makes it changes in Daz. I never have touched a single setting in Daz before rendering, I do all that in Reality.

There are some friends of mine in DA that did purchase it and boy are they upset they did.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quote - I just finished looking at the luxus thread. I did look carefully at the the 3 renders used for comparsion. I don't see anything there that would make me want to stop using Reality. Ever since I started using Reality I have loved it and have learned a lot about using it.

The only difference I see between the two is that Luxus makes it changes in Daz. I never have touched a single setting in Daz before rendering, I do all that in Reality.

There are some friends of mine in DA that did purchase it and boy are they upset they did.

LOL I see what you mean also setting up materials seem more complicated.. I just hope we keep getting support for DS I dont know poser and have no interest in it.

mustang2011 ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - I just finished looking at the luxus thread. I did look carefully at the the 3 renders used for comparsion. I don't see anything there that would make me want to stop using Reality. Ever since I started using Reality I have loved it and have learned a lot about using it.

LOL I see what you mean also setting up materials seem more complicated.. I just hope we keep getting support for DS I dont know poser and have no interest in it.

I don't know anything really about using Poser but I do know that I am not good at waiting for new toys to play with....lol. So as soon as Paolo releases Reality 3 for Poser I am going to ask my friend over at DA to teach me about Poser and I maybe switching lol.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:23 PM

I wil wait for the DS version.. should be sometime this summmer meanwhile 2 is working for me

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quote - To further along the automobile metaphors.... for years I drove this muscle car called a Poser.... the last one I had was the 2012 model year.  It was a great car.. picked up lots of chicks with it.  But, it had a gps I never used(all the extra tabs like the material room) had no radio(Genesis) and I really had to fiddle with the a/c to get it to work(fitting clothes).  Then I saw an ad for this new and improved economy car called DazStudio.  I had driven it back when it sucked and was hesitant.  But, the ppl who drove it said that the radio was terrific and the a/c was icy cold.  So, I tried it.  Loved it... vowed to always drive it.  But, I couldn't pick up any more chicks in it because it wasn't my tried and true poser(translated 3delight sucks compared to firefly).  Then came along this Italian auto genius named Paolo(why is it always the italians who make cars extra-sexy?).... he told me he could put a chip in my car that would make it faster than the Poser I had and that the chicks would come flocking to see what was under the hood of my DazStudio.  It was all true..  my little D|S runs like a dream, I've learned to use it's own version of gps.  The a/c is still arctic cold and the radio is crisp and loud.  So.. along comes another auto engineer who wants to put some other engine in my DazStudio???  No way.. I'll stick to Italian engineering thank you very much.  As long as Paolo doesn't turn my DazStudio into a Fiat I'll be just fine.

...nice :lol:

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - To further along the automobile metaphors.... for years I drove this muscle car called a Poser.... the last one I had was the 2012 model year.  It was a great car.. picked up lots of chicks with it.  But, it had a gps I never used(all the extra tabs like the material room) had no radio(Genesis) and I really had to fiddle with the a/c to get it to work(fitting clothes).  Then I saw an ad for this new and improved economy car called DazStudio.  I had driven it back when it sucked and was hesitant.  But, the ppl who drove it said that the radio was terrific and the a/c was icy cold.  So, I tried it.  Loved it... vowed to always drive it.  But, I couldn't pick up any more chicks in it because it wasn't my tried and true poser(translated 3delight sucks compared to firefly).  Then came along this Italian auto genius named Paolo(why is it always the italians who make cars extra-sexy?).... he told me he could put a chip in my car that would make it faster than the Poser I had and that the chicks would come flocking to see what was under the hood of my DazStudio.  It was all true..  my little D|S runs like a dream, I've learned to use it's own version of gps.  The a/c is still arctic cold and the radio is crisp and loud.  So.. along comes another auto engineer who wants to put some other engine in my DazStudio???  No way.. I'll stick to Italian engineering thank you very much.  As long as Paolo doesn't turn my DazStudio into a Fiat I'll be just fine.

...nice :lol:

Look whoitis....

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:58 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/438-358779108

file_492521.jpg

Less get back to renders mood lighting

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:59 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 9:00 PM
kyoto_kid ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 9:08 PM

...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

Received the Daz newsletter that mentioned Luxus.  Viewed some of the pics in the discusssion thread and they really don't look much better than what I can achieve using the default 3Delight and good lighting (even in 3.1 with LDP2). Comparing Reality/Lux and Luxus renders posted in the thread, the Reality/Lux ones just look better even in the hands of those still new to using it. 

The render times may be quicker, but I feel that the tradeoff will be quality (as it was with the Render Throttle plugin which had difficulty interpreting detailed textures and transmapped hair). In a way I cannot help but feel it does not use LuxRender to it's fullest. 

Yeah they may have the jump on a bridge between Lux for 4.5 for now but I beleive Reality 3 will blow it out of the water.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Crystan ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 1:18 AM

Quote - The render times may be quicker, but I feel that the tradeoff will be quality (as it was with the Render Throttle plugin which had difficulty interpreting detailed textures and transmapped hair). In a way I cannot help but feel it does not use LuxRender to it's fullest.  Yeah they may have the jump on a bridge between Lux for 4.5 for now but I beleive Reality 3 will blow it out of the water.

I'll admit I thought the same until I saw the materials editor and discovered some interesting facts about Luxus. The major one is that the materials are extremely customizable, meaning that anything Lux can do, so can Luxus. Of course, it will require prior knowledge of Lux's internal material settings, but it's very doable.

That's not to say Reality doesn't streamline the process, but with Luxus having the price advantage, it will no doubt pick up its own fans, especially with it featuring materials which Reality doesn't currently support.

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 2:49 PM

Folks, I could use a little help.

I'm often struggling with getting things to 'glow'.  Usually its something like a sign, or some sort of ray.

With this render... I struggled to create the laser beam.  I created a cylinder which I then converted to a light mesh.  For some reason, it looks like two little beams.  The flire glows are Jepes flames, converted to light, and they work like a charm.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2420524

The holo interface on the hand just wouldn't do anything useful.  If I turn keyboards into light, they don't glow... they seem to just shine and I can't adjust the color.  In the end I just turned it back into a transparent mesh.  I had to put black planes in the signs to prevent light from shining through the glowing signs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/g-i-cybernetic-holointerface/97036/

This this render;

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2414494&user_id=707942

I had a similar problem with the newspaper the bar tender was reading, and the holo interface on the girl with the orange sweater.

I had some success with signs by converting them into light. The parts that glow are good, but the parts that don't, are see through.  I've had to put a solid black planes behind the glowing signs to make them look right. I can't do that with the holo interface.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/g-i-cybernetic-holointerface/97036/

In this render, you can see in the computer screen that I kind of fell short of getting the back plane I put in.  (Bottom and left hand side you can see the wall behind.)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2411925&user_id=707942

Has anyone had any experience making good glows?  I could really use some help.  Particularly with the Holo Interface.

john3d ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 3:25 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2013 at 3:28 PM

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but have you tried LuxRenders Bloom effect (in the Lens Effects Panel). I found that works quite well with lasers. To test it just create a long thin cylinder, rename it to RealityLight (you have to add another object to the scene but it does not need to be in view) and call Reality. You can choose a preset or go straight to LuxRender.

In the Lens effects-Bloom, just press Compute layer, wait for it to calulate things and tweak the settings, it will automatically adjust the effect as you move the sliders so just have a play and see what happens.

Not sure about making a screen glow, but I will have a try. I think Doc has managed it though.

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quote - Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but have you tried LuxRenders Bloom effect (in the Lens Effects Panel).

Yeah... I don't have any concerns around that.  Bloom and halo are easy to do. (Although I'm curous to know if it only affects the light layers that are enabled.  I did in post work on this render.)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2420524

I composited this together as three separate layers in postwork; Character lights, background including signs (had a glow effect), and sky.  When I did a glow to the whole render it just seemed to overwhelm it.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:06 PM

Quote - ...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

Received the Daz newsletter that mentioned Luxus.  Viewed some of the pics in the discusssion thread and they really don't look much better than what I can achieve using the default 3Delight and good lighting (even in 3.1 with LDP2). Comparing Reality/Lux and Luxus renders posted in the thread, the Reality/Lux ones just look better even in the hands of those still new to using it. 

The render times may be quicker, but I feel that the tradeoff will be quality (as it was with the Render Throttle plugin which had difficulty interpreting detailed textures and transmapped hair). In a way I cannot help but feel it does not use LuxRender to it's fullest. 

Yeah they may have the jump on a bridge between Lux for 4.5 for now but I beleive Reality 3 will blow it out of the water.

Reality 2.5 works just fine with 4.5

lasserine ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:31 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:32 PM

Wow, they removed my post on the Daz forums.  I only commented on how great of a testing process they have.

"A post you made to the thread "Luxus Plugin Vs Reality Plugin for using Daz Studio with Lux Render" has been removed as it appears to be an attack on the testing process."

Haha.

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:32 PM

Quote - [Reality 2.5 works just fine with 4.5

Yeah,  and without this "Mac bug." DAZ always reports "Mac bugs" when they can't figure the Mac OS out. I really think they write most of their stuff on Windows and then use translators to get the Mac versions, which doesn't always pan out too well.

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 6:33 PM

Quote - Wow, they removed my post on the Daz forums.  I only commented on how great of a testing process they have.

"A post you made to the thread "Luxus Plugin Vs Reality Plugin for using Daz Studio with Lux Render" has been removed as it appears to be an attack on the testing process."

Haha.

Oh, yes! I've been there, too. Don't criticize them. You're supposed to say, "Thank you, DAZ." 

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - Wow, they removed my post on the Daz forums.  I only commented on how great of a testing process they have.

Haha.

Oh, yes! I've been there, too. Don't criticize them. You're supposed to say, "Thank you, DAZ." 

LOL I notice this thread slowing down since the release of Luxus. I have to admit I am curious...

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

...I didn't know that.  Thought I had to wait for Reality 3.

Thanks.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - ...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

Thanks.

No most if not all of us are using it

argel1200 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yeah, I finally upgraded to DS 4.5 two weekends ago, now that I have all of my Genesis purchases installed thanks to the DAZ Install Manager. Now if I could just get GenX to work....

Picked up Luxus today given the cheap price during MM. But I have to say the default render settings are very, very different. I took a Reality scene I had that pretty much had no adjustments made to it, thew a spotlight in, and started rednering it with both. Luxus was very flat, while Reality had way too much glossiness like usual. Luxus was rendering slower, and the "noise" had a horizonatal bias to it. Reality was rendering to a usable state much faster. Interesting first release for Luxus, but it isn't there yet.

deviantArt Gallery

argel1200 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:01 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:09 AM

Been a while since I posted something, so here are two from my dA galleries. Very little postwork for the witch (some brightness/contrast IIRC). For the Valkyrie I rendered it twice, once with the sword as a metal and once with it as a light source, and merged the two (also, I did not have enough time to render both to a decent S/px, so that is why there is still some noise visible). Enjoy! -- argel1200

P.S. Slightly off-topic, but has anyone sold prints via devaintArt? If so, any recomendations, etc.? And what about Glossy vs. Lustre? Thanks!

For the Masqurade Witch Hat

Undcover Cool Valkyrie Light Sword

Click for larger versions (hosted on deviantArt)!

deviantArt Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:52 AM

Very nice, Argel! As for selling on DA, no idea.

UHF, I have no idea about glows and lasers (other than that lasers are invisible). Sorry :)

My DA Gallery

wayofthesword ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 3:54 AM

Has anyone tried using the refine brush tool on Lux yet?

I tried it out, but I'm not seeing any difference.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 6:17 AM

Quote - Has anyone tried using the refine brush tool on Lux yet?

Bob is you man for that, he uses everything under the sun. But yes, it does work. It takes a little while, depending on how big the selection and importance is.

My DA Gallery

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 7:57 AM

Quote - Now if I could just get GenX to work....

Does it not work with Reality somehow, or are you just having problems with it in general?  I was contemplating picking it up, in case it goes on MM sale.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 9:58 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2013 at 10:00 AM

It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

argel1200 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - Now if I could just get GenX to work....

Does it not work with Reality somehow, or are you just having problems with it in general?  I was contemplating picking it up, in case it goes on MM sale.

It'just complains about the V4 clone shape being missing or soemthing like and I Have not had a chance to really troubleshoot it yet. It should work fine with Reality as it it is just transferring morphs. I would defintely get it if it goes on sale during MM (make sure you pick up the V4 and M4 shapes, or the gen3 shapes as well if you do not already have them). Dang, V3 using Geneis! I can redo some scenes from 2004! :)

deviantArt Gallery

argel1200 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote - It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

I know you are trying to be fair to Luxus, but I was comparing renders using default settings from the two and Reality comes out ahead. Maybe Luxus will get a boost when that companion product Elixer comes out, but my impression is that Paolo has a better grasp of the artistic side of things.

deviantArt Gallery

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quote - Very nice, Argel! As for selling on DA, no idea.

UHF, I have no idea about glows and lasers (other than that lasers are invisible). Sorry :)

Shhh!  I know that.  (I'm currently working on a laser moisture analyzer for oil and gas pipelines.)

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:06 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - ...well as things continue to come together with the new workstation project, time to finally dust off the 64 bit version of Reality 2.5 that's been sitting in my installs archive. 

Thanks.

Nope.. you can use it right now.  I've been using the Reality2.5/DazStudio4.5 combo since the day Paolo released the update for D|S4.5.  Some have reported a few issues; but, I've been running the combo issue-free since release day.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quote - Yeah, I finally upgraded to DS 4.5 two weekends ago, now that I have all of my Genesis purchases installed thanks to the DAZ Install Manager. Now if I could just get GenX to work....

Picked up Luxus today given the cheap price during MM. But I have to say the default render settings are very, very different. I took a Reality scene I had that pretty much had no adjustments made to it, thew a spotlight in, and started rednering it with both. Luxus was very flat, while Reality had way too much glossiness like usual. Luxus was rendering slower, and the "noise" had a horizonatal bias to it. Reality was rendering to a usable state much faster. Interesting first release for Luxus, but it isn't there yet.

GenX was updated for 4.5 also.  You just have to redownload it from Daz.  Finally got around to updating it myself a month or so ago and it's been working fine here.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quote - Has anyone tried using the refine brush tool on Lux yet?

You'll notice it once you let it go for a bit.  Where I've noticed the improvement is in the total number of passes it takes to get to where I consider my render to be done.  The best comparison I could come up for it was one I gave my wife.  It's like having a big black spot on a white wall that you want to paint over.  The long pre-refine brush way was to paint the whole wall til the black spot was gone.  Sometimes it took 10 coats some times it took 50; but, eventually the whole wall was painted so many times that the black spot is not visible.  Takes forever to paint an entire wall 50 times.  The post-refine brush method I use is to paint JUST the black spot(noise in the render, hot pixels, grainy shadows, etc) 10 times and the rest of the wall once or twice until the color is blended.  Both give the same result yet the 2nd way is less labor intensive and quicker.  My refine brush work flow is like this.  I set use it on all hair plus lips and eyes.  When those clear up, I use it on the entire face and usually any metal in the scene.  Then I use it on all shadows til they clear up.  Then I take the refine brush off altogether and let it run on the whole render for a couple hundred passes.  Doing it the refine brush way I've been using cleared up a render at like 450 passes when it took like 2200 the first time I did it with no refine brush at all.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:30 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

I know you are trying to be fair to Luxus, but I was comparing renders using default settings from the two and Reality comes out ahead. Maybe Luxus will get a boost when that companion product Elixer comes out, but my impression is that Paolo has a better grasp of the artistic side of things.

Its also from what I am seeing on their forum. As Charley puts it nothing mind blowing and they are mostly Lux newbs but hey we all had to start somewhere! With Reality I was able to get 1/2 decent renders from the get go. I offer them advice cause im not into this whole fanboy thing of this is great and this sucks, and alot of folks offered me support on the DS boards when I needed it when learning.

Some Reality users are preferring it..

Here is what conerns me. With the shutting down of the Reality thread and the release of Luxus. It's more evident how Paolo and Daz are parting ways and perhaps in the not too distant future Reality will no longer be suppoerted by future versions of DS.

Unless someone will be able to make an exporter to make them compatible again, those of us wishing to stay with DS may need to go to something like luxus and perhaps I am imagining things....

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

Its also from what I am seeing on their forum. As Charley puts it nothing mind blowing and they are mostly Lux newbs but hey we all had to start somewhere! With Reality I was able to get 1/2 decent renders from the get go. I offer them advice cause im not into this whole fanboy thing of this is great and this sucks, and alot of folks offered me support on the DS boards when I needed it when learning.

Here is what conerns me. With the shutting down of the Reality thread and the release of Luxus. It's more evident how Paolo and Daz are parting ways and perhaps in the not too distant future Reality will no longer be suppoerted by future versions of DS.

Unless someone will be able to make an exporter to make them compatible again, those of us wishing to stay with DS may need to go to something like luxus and perhaps I am imagining things....

Not so sure about that Bob.  It looks to me like you might be looking at it backwards.  As long as Daz continues to make its sdk available to plugin developers, then it's up to the developers to make their products D|S compatible.  Paolo doesn't seem to me to be the type to guy to either burn bridges or to forget what side of his bread is buttered.  Studio gave him the time, income and education TO make the Poser version and I doubt he'd forget us Studio users.  NOW.. if Smith Micro made clothing, hair and props fit as easily as studio does; I'd probably go back to using poser.  I just don't think they're all that interested in doing that.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:59 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It works great in many cases but some stuff can still take a while to clear up using it but it does work. I am sticking with Reality I am so used to working with it.

Not so sure about that Bob.  It looks to me like you might be looking at it backwards.  As long as Daz continues to make its sdk available to plugin developers, then it's up to the developers to make their products D|S compatible.  Paolo doesn't seem to me to be the type to guy to either burn bridges or to forget what side of his bread is buttered.  Studio gave him the time, income and education TO make the Poser version and I doubt he'd forget us Studio users.  NOW.. if Smith Micro made clothing, hair and props fit as easily as studio does; I'd probably go back to using poser.  I just don't think they're all that interested in doing that.

I was referring more to DS not letting Paolo update the plug in, since they seem to be shutting Reality out. As I said purely speculation on my part. I am considering picking up the other plug in since its the price of less then 2 fancy coffees and have commish cash burning in my paypal account. Has someone put it there why not have several brushes to paint. It's new just like Reality did it will grow. Of course I am going to get R3 the day it comes out

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 1:32 PM

Knowing Me Knowing You (Abba)

No more carefree laughter
Silence ever after
Walking through an empty house, tears in my eyes
Here is where the story ends, this is goodbye

Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
There is nothing we can do
Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
We just have to face it, this time we're through
(This time we're through, this time we're through
This time we're through, we're really through)
Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go
(I have to go this time
I have to go, this time I know)
Knowing me, knowing you
It's the best I can do

Many thanks to John for creating the picture with the broken glass prop. Please click image for larger version.

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 1:34 PM

Cool as always man

john3d ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:00 PM

Nice one Doc, that reminds me of an old army joke concerning polished boots, not the sort of thing to be said in public :)

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:47 PM

Wow, I didn't receive notifications for a couple of days and I had my head buried in the development of Reality 3.

I'm going through all the messages here. I'm still reading them. 

I just wanted to thank everybody for the kind words and support. More afte I finish reading the thread.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:58 PM

There's the mystro!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.