Sat, Sep 21, 12:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:07 pm)

Subject: Supersuit Help from Rand

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 11:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - It doesnt really help with that, but there is a fantastic product called Clothing Cleavage ModifierOn the DAZ Store.  It has adjustment morphs to fix vacu-formed Boobs and butts for anything Genesis is wearing.

IT is targetted to pre-existing shapes (like V5 Supermodel), but there is a lot of variety

OK thanks, yea I was looking at that and the Sickle Breast Fixer G here at Rendo, but not sure which would be better.  Right now I can get them at the same price.

Clothing Cleavage Modifier does both breast and buttocks so its pretty cool. it also accomdates most if not all the breast and chest  variations on many of the major female and male DAZ characters. Ive not tried the other one you mention.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 11:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - If you find the shader in the included sets, you can just apply it in one step. That gold shader on the knuckles is  Shader Presets>Supersuit>Plastic>Plastic - Goldish (Fury)

Is there any way to figure out what shader has been applied to a given surface? There are so many, it is kind of hard for me to guess which one it is, just based on looking at the viewport or even a render.

In my update i am including a category in the metadata that lists all the shaders used by character. If that change doesnt make it in, I will create a downloadable guide.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 4:16 PM

Just bumping this thread to keep up with the expansion project. Thanks, Randall.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

SmallFry ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 9:08 PM

I'm very excited about the prospect of expansion packs for the Supersuit.

I am curious about a couple of things:

1. Some of the promo images feature very familiar characters. How will you sell these packs without risking legal ire?

2. I read that you may have as many as 100 material presets. Is that right?

3. Of those material presets, will you offer any rim lit settings to get a look similar to, say, classic Black Panther or Daredevil? I've been able to get a similar effect by playing with the velvet settings a bit, but I was curious since that look is such a staple of superhero comics.

If you should need a beta tester, I'd be most willing to offer my services. I have a few samples in my gallery of some of my Supersuit experiments and I can forward more links if you need them.  ;)

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 5:10 AM · edited Wed, 03 April 2013 at 5:14 AM

Quote - I'm very excited about the prospect of expansion packs for the Supersuit.

I am curious about a couple of things:

1. Some of the promo images feature very familiar characters. How will you sell these packs without risking legal ire?

2. I read that you may have as many as 100 material presets. Is that right?

3. Of those material presets, will you offer any rim lit settings to get a look similar to, say, classic Black Panther or Daredevil? I've been able to get a similar effect by playing with the velvet settings a bit, but I was curious since that look is such a staple of superhero comics.

If you should need a beta tester, I'd be most willing to offer my services. I have a few samples in my gallery of some of my Supersuit experiments and I can forward more links if you need them.  ;)

1. The familiar characters are merely one tiny part of a bigger effort.  For those, Ill be selling only the base outfits.  All the little details that make them "familiar" will most likely be offered for free on this and other forums.

2. give or take :D  Maybe even more

3. Yes. I have a set called Deep Rim Colors. that are just what you are asking for

Thanks for the offer, but we are pretty close now, not much time for testin :D

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 5:43 AM

file_493284.jpg

here is a small sample

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 6:40 AM

Oh, yeah! :b_smile:

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 6:45 AM

Quote - here is a small sample

Tease!

How long do we have to wait?

SmallFry ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quote - here is a small sample

Wow! This looks excellent. I can hardly wait to experiment with this stype of shader for a certain dark knight detective.

Thank you!

SmallFry ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 12:56 PM

Oh, I forgot to ask...

Does all this activity mean that we might see some official fixes from DAZ for the Supersuit errors?

Also, would this require a fix across the board for some of the Supersuit presets?

Thanks!

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 1:56 PM

I think you might see some across the board fixes, but I cant confirm or deny it.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 8:45 PM

file_493302.jpg

ok here it is at night ;)

Swawa ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 11:22 PM

Where is the expansion going to be sold at, DAZ, Renderosity or somewhere else?  And any idea on a release date?  Thanks.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 2:44 PM

DAZ... very soon

Arkathan ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2013 at 5:19 AM

Well... They need to hurry, because I've been sitting on my prepaid cards to make sure I can get this expansion immediately, rather than buying their new stuff and running out to get another card when I can after yours comes out...

Did that make sense? It's early. 

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 2:15 AM

probably have at least a couple weeks to make it through QA and administration

Im uploading the first of 20 or so separate supersuit products this weekend.

Swawa ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 7:20 AM

Cool. Can't wait to check them out.  Do you know if you plan on releasing a bundle when they are all out?  

Also I think I ran into another issue with the Basic Suit.  There is a seam on the left leg because I don't have the "UV Set" option for symetrical limbs.  Is there any way to add that or fix this?  

Thanks.

SmallFry ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 9:45 AM · edited Sat, 13 April 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quote - probably have at least a couple weeks to make it through QA and administration

"20 or so separate supersuit products"...?!?

(O.O)

A worthy use for my tax refund!

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 2:35 PM

Quote - Cool. Can't wait to check them out.  Do you know if you plan on releasing a bundle when they are all out?  

Also I think I ran into another issue with the Basic Suit.  There is a seam on the left leg because I don't have the "UV Set" option for symetrical limbs.  Is there any way to add that or fix this?  

Thanks.

there never was an option for symmetrical limbs on the Basic suit.  It was added at the last minute on the supersuit to provide for a better use of shaders.

I will have adjusted UVs available but probably not any that will work on both.

Who knows, maybe they will do it, but i sense they are working on bigger fish.

Swawa ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 7:09 PM

Thanks!  Any idea if there will be a complete bundle of all 20 items? 

Do you know if the adjusted UVs will be the fix from your video or something more elaborate? 

SmallFry ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quote - probably have at least a couple weeks to make it through QA and administration

Any chance for previews of what's coming?

Also, any possibility of a Supersuit expansion for the Four Arms set (http://www.daz3d.com/four-arms-for-genesis)? I'd use the Four Arms set more if I could add clothing to them. A Supersuit expansion would allow users to add armor or bracers or whatever, and would be most welcome.

SmallFry ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2013 at 4:19 PM

I know DAZ is all about their new release of David 5, but any word on when we might see any releases?

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 7:18 AM

I am in the middle of beta testing and packaging.

I have no plans for four arms as of yet

firewarden ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 9:03 AM

Having bought the Supersuit Pro Suite on Daz just two weeks ago, I'm hoping your upgrades will come as an addon-bundle or such. Any ideas how it will be packaged?

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 4:45 PM

none of the marketing has been decided on, but if i had to guess based on current information, we are looking at several standalone add-on products

SmallFry ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 9:48 PM

Again, I offer my help with beta testing.  :)

Fobok ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 9:57 PM

I hadn't noticed this thread before. Looking forward to seeing your expansion! The supersuit is what got me into 3D art. I'd downloaded and played around a little with Daz Studio before that, but I wasn't going to start buying content until I saw the supersuit. One Pro Suite later and I was hooked. :) 

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:24 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:25 AM

Since you all are inclined to appreciate superheroes and are no doubt familiar with the supersuit, I will announce this here.

I need Beta Testers for 22 Supersuit products that I have created for the DAZ Store.

6 have already begun testing and its going slow because the wonderful 5 people I have now cannot be expected to test this much content and still have lives and whatnot :D

If you are interested, please read carefully before applying.

If you were one of my Ninjas previously, you may get moved to the front of the line, but only because I know you and how you work.

here are the requirements.

-You must be ok with working for little or no compensation. The only thing I can offer for sure is a discount on the product. I dont know how much, it depends on DAZ.  If its up to me, You will get it free.

-You must agree to actively participate in testing. This means daily substantial feedback and evaluation of the product.

-You must be using the latest version of DAZ Studio 4.5

-You must be able to render capably and know your way around the Surfaces tab.

-You must own all the supersuit products. (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Boots an Belt and Cape)

-You must know how to create and maintain a separate Library structure for the beta content.

-You must agree to Keep everything related to the process confidential

-You must agree not to distribute any of the files and to delete all beta materials at the conclusion of the testing.

-PA’s or people that create product for sale on the DAZ Store or other stores are inelegible.

Those of you who have tested with me before, know my testing setup is structured and engaging… I hope to work with you soon and get these fun products out quickly.

Please email me expressing your desire to join up.  I cannot take everyone unfortunately, there are only 5 slots available.

Randalllloyd.com@gmail.com

Thanks

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 5:33 AM

Great to hear, Randall! I don't meet your criteria, but I am very excited you're in testing phase.

Will it be possible to post some screenshots of the best of the early test renders as they start coming in somewhere? That would be awesome.

barbult ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2013 at 7:24 PM · edited Fri, 14 June 2013 at 7:26 PM

How is this project coming along? I thought we'd see something in the DAZ store by now.

Kerya ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2013 at 2:35 AM

Knowing Daz ... it is probably "s..n" LOL

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2013 at 9:06 PM · edited Sat, 15 June 2013 at 9:08 PM

There are several projects finished and waiting... But there is a big thing coming that has to go first

barbult ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2013 at 3:48 AM

Ahhh.... that must be Genesis 2 and Victoria 6. The DAZ forums are all abuzz over that.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 10:42 AM

Hi Randall,

Hope all is well with you.  Good to see you here and there. 

Yea the Genesis 2 thing coming up will be exciting for allot of folks and I'm sure good folks like yourself hopefully have an opportunity to do some release stuff for it.  We are all still waiting for technical information to be posted before the real excitement starts. 

Looking forward to your releases.  Like to see some DC Marvel types of setups for the more simple suit. 

My own project "SuperSet" freebie is still in the works.  More as a learning project than anything else but it will be out there eventually along with the kazillions of other freebie stuff!  lol 

Best.

Richard da Wolff

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

cypherfox ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2013 at 11:03 PM · edited Tue, 18 June 2013 at 11:04 PM

Greetings,

Hey Rand, you know...I was curious about this; one of the Forum folks over DAZ-way brought up a UV issue with the Basic Suit (that comes with the Super Suit) that evidently makes it hard/impossible to make custom textures for it.  It struck me that since you're the SuperSuit Ninja, you might have some idea about how to fix it, or if you ever even heard about it...?

It doesn't affect me personally, but they were very put out over it.

Looking forward to some new SuperSuit Stuff!

--  Morgan

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 2:41 PM

Randy posted a link to a video he created showing how to fix the issue http://vimeo.com/61306468

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 2:54 PM

Thanks Richard.

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 1:52 PM

file_495622.png

If anyone is interested I have remapped the basic suit and I did it in a way that I believe  I can legally redistribute.  It will require using UV Mapper Classic and a few hoops to jump through.

Christian22179 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 10:40 PM

Thanks, Jestmart. :)

Hi Randy. Back when the Supersuit was showing in the Members only forum you showed a number of "well known" Super-Hero textures you made (i.e. Superman, Batman, etc). You said you'd release them once the suit was released. Did you ever do that? If not, are you making any plans to?

joequick ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2013 at 10:58 PM
RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2013 at 12:07 AM

Yes I will release those superhero designs along with all the rest of the supersuit stuff that is in the final stages of production.

It has taken a lot longer as I had to wait for DAZ to make some changes and for them to have time to help me through some issues.  

with the unexpected arrival of all the Genesis 2 stuff it took a long time for anyone to have the time, but they are helping now so it should all resolve before too much longer. I wish I had a hard date for you, but I dont. we have been saving up products in the queue to make it a massive wave that comes out, not a trickle.

Christian22179 ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2013 at 10:34 AM

Awesome, Randy. Thanks for us know. :)

joequick ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2014 at 8:45 PM

you get those shaders packaged and beta tested yet randall?

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

docatlas ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 11:33 AM

Quote - you get those shaders packaged and beta tested yet randall?

Yeah, not trying to sound impatient, but will the new supersuit stuff be coming out any time soon? I understand that DAZ has had other big things come out, but it seems like they're dragging their heels on this.

joequick ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 3:14 PM

I doubt this is a DAZ issue.

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 4:11 PM · edited Mon, 09 June 2014 at 4:15 PM

Quote - I doubt this is a DAZ issue.

Perhaps, though guessing from the last post, if there were supposed to be changes to the supersuit and the way genesis 2 has taken off, I'm doubting there's no longer any resources dedicated to Gen 1, much less the suit itself. If after a year, you haven't heard anything, I'm doubting this is going to happen.

I think the supersuit was really an exercise in doing too much when a simple UV'd bodysuit and accessories would have done the trick. I don't think it was anywhere near as popular as the M4/V4 bodysuit, because it simply wasn't as flexible and the shaders made it application-specific.

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2014 at 5:52 AM

I don't know how many I missed ... but hunting the Online Readmes shows that there are at least two Supersuit additions that have not seen the light of the Dazstore ... so yes, it is a Daz issue.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2014 at 8:40 PM

There are 10 products i have created for supersuit gathering dust on the shelf. These products equal or surpass the scope of the 4 packages originally crated for the suit... which would double or even triple the available conent for the suit.

I am still waiting for DAZ to put the Supersuit update in their work queue.  it has been a year now and like you... I am a little impatient.  I have no doubt that they will get to it when their current workflow allows.

Ever optimistic...

Randall

Swawa ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2014 at 10:46 PM

Thanks for touching base Randall.  I guess you can't get an accurate ETA from them or sell it somewhere else? A year is a long time to sit on something. I still find the supersuit & it's shaders very useful so I'm looking forward to this.

Normal bodysuits & accessories have their place but there are many things I can do much more effectively with the supersuit.  It gives me a lot more creative freedom & control.

As far as DAZ making changes to the supersuit...  they did put out an update for it on 8/26/13 that fixed the UVs & updated metadata.  Is that it or was something else planned?

I have not been working w/ G2 but can't the supersuit be fit to it?

I don't use Poser but I hear there is a script by Dimension 3D that lets you import it. Don't think the shaders will work though.

ointment ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2015 at 1:47 AM

There are 3 new supersuit items  in the Daz store. There is also a 70% off Genesis items sale.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.