Sun, Oct 6, 9:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quote - Can you also morph the higher subdivided levels?

I'm just hoping your M4K4 script will still work with it.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

fabiana ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is going to change my life... finally will have things I wished for ages... thanks God and SM!

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quote - "Bullet Physics for Soft Body Dynamics, Rigid Body and Hair"

What they means ?

finally we can see a body react in some way when we rest in contact with an object ?

Or what ?

thanks.

Somehow yes

Body: in a physic or mathematical meaning. 

Rigid body: interacts with external forces only (gravity, wind force, or motions)

Soft body: can also get deformed by forces and interact with both external forces which move the body and internal forces which deform the body shape (more exactly internal forces try to keep the initial shape) 

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:12 AM

Attached Link: Are You Ready for the Next Face of Poser?

> Quote - **"Bullet Physics for Soft Body Dynamics, Rigid Body and Hair"** > > > What they means ? > >  finally we can see a body react in some way when we rest in contact with an object ? > > Or what ? > > thanks.

If you go to the product announcement page (link above), scroll down to the bottom section where it shows the video gallery.  The third one from the end (which shows the toon guy in the plaid shirt) should answer your question, in part!

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:21 AM

Quote - ''I dont think I do as I bought it from them when they had the sale wimpers I just bought it too just a few weeks ago!''

I wouldn't be surprised if there werent quite a few like yourself who bought during a sale 

:( shame they didnt give more hints out so you could offheld abit longer, its abit of a gamble if you dont buy within the first year, I think i was in a similar position with i got p7 and then p8 wasnt far behind, i skipped it and got the one after as soon as it was released

yeah Dynamics looks great and also the fitting room will be a godsend.

I bought it on march 29th>.<

so I do not think I qualify. BUT at this rate..I am still going to get it.

I was about to make a large purchase but....the upgrade will just blow doors open.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:29 AM

That stuff does look really cool!  It's an exciting product.

To be honest, I am amazed (and a little disappointed) that Poser 10 is still 32 bit and 32 bit rendering?  Include the Poser Pro Only features, and that makes Poser 2014 the only viable choice IMO.  I wish they split the $$$ difference and combined 'em into one product.  :)

Anyone know if they are they going to have individual demo videos of the features prior to release?  (oops, I found em at the bottom)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:31 AM

The promo videos are at the bottom of the Poser page.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote - That compound node in the material room is going to save me so much freaking time...

That compound node looks pretty cool indeed :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm not too worried that the new features of 2014 will allow more people to make content.

Time for new blood, lets see what they bring to the table.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:03 PM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:04 PM

:sigh: There goes my plans for a new tablet. Oh well, I know what I want for Christmas this year. How does the Fitting Room do at converting shoes? Heels, especially. I have a lot of sexy V3 and V4 shoes that my M4 and Genesis characters wanna wear but CrossDresser, Wardrobe Wizard and DS Autofit just can't seem to handle without wrecking something.

WoolyLoach ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:05 PM

There goes $200.  Le sigh.

Worth it for the renderer improvements and Bullet physics alone.

SM knocked this one out of the park!

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:17 PM

Looks pretty damned nice, actually a real reason to upgrade to a second more recent machine looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he-he

bblogoss ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:32 PM

Amazing, I was thinking about the next version of poser just before opening Thunderbird and BOOM that e-mail from Smith Micro "Announcing Poser Pro 2014 & Poser 10 - Available May 21"......

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:33 PM

I want it, and I also want more time to play with it when it arrives. Maybe I should take some leave from work.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:44 PM

For those that wondered if Poser 10 was just for 32 bit:-

Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8 (64-bit OS required for 64-bit installation)*

That's from the requirements page.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

rbratche ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:44 PM

What about using all the DAZ Genesis stuff... I never got their DSON Loader to work right with Pro 2012, crashed my program twice:( And I'd love to use their super suit and some other content which the loader didn't suport! Any word how compatable it will be with the DAZ stuff... I'm there just for the comic mode and cloths stuff! I've brought every version since 1 so why should this one be different!

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:45 PM

Throws wallet at screen.

(There is nothing in it at present, but you all get the idea).

WOW!!!!

I so want this!!!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

TylerZambori ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote - :sigh: There goes my plans for a new tablet. Oh well, I know what I want for Christmas this year. How does the Fitting Room do at converting shoes? Heels, especially. I have a lot of sexy V3 and V4 shoes that my M4 and Genesis characters wanna wear but CrossDresser, Wardrobe Wizard and DS Autofit just can't seem to handle without wrecking something.

What?? M4 can't wear V4 shoes even with those programs?

Ugh, how limiting.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote - For those that wondered if Poser 10 was just for 32 bit:-

Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8 (64-bit OS required for 64-bit installation)*

That's from the requirements page.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Check further down the page.  64 bit firefly renderer, rendering and 64 bit native application are NOT checked for Poser 10

My guess is that what you posted there is that if you are installing the 32 bit Poser 10 on a 64 bit OS, you need the 64 bit installer.  In any case, it is not clear, and it should be cleared up by SM.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 12:59 PM

Yep spotted in the other thread, perhaps Steve Cooper could give more info on it.

Don't want to disapoint people.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 1:24 PM

Poser 10 is only 32 bit.

It can run on a 64bit machine but you won't get the capabilities of 64 bit.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 1:32 PM

Well this time around just getting 2014, can't see any reason for both. Am getting excited, just found out a few minutes ago in an email. Haven't been here for a while but guess I need to come back and see you all.   8^)

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 1:44 PM

Gamma Correction for the Masses... 🆒

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

anupaum ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 1:57 PM

Soft body dynamics using "bullet physics?"  Does that mean I can create collisions between one character and another?  (Like, for example, someone getting hit, or the intendations on skin that occur when people embrace?)  The demo video makes the "bullet physics" look a bit clunky.

I suppose it will be like the cloth room and require a bit of learning to become a comfortable part of the workflow.

The interactive raytrace preview looks interesting, as does "live simulation" mode, though it's not clear whether that's a feature limited to the "bullet physics."  It would be nice for cloth and wind simulations . . .

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:03 PM

Oh gawd. Just as I get back into Poser they make a new version L I wonder if that's an omen or something L

OK time to lay off eBay and start saving L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:03 PM

This is a must have upgrade. At least, I believe it is. Nice sales pitch.

Why did I need this again? Never mind, I want it!

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&amp;userid=323368

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:06 PM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:08 PM

As the demo video shows, you can have two or more objects collide @ deform, depending on mass and internal pressure. ( and lots of other options )
Very flexible...... Have fun.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:08 PM

Quote - This is a must have upgrade. At least, I believe it is. Nice sales pitch.

Why did I need this again? Never mind, I want it!

thats how they get you!

@.@ myyyy precccccccccccccioussssssssssssssssssss musts getttttttttttsssssss

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:09 PM

I am gonna play Pool inside Poser now.
Bey :-)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:10 PM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quote - I want it, and I also want more time to play with it when it arrives. Maybe I should take some leave from work.

i was just thinking the same thing.  looking at my calendar trying to fit a staycation, money for the upgrade, and rent. lol

Full Suite of Weight Map Creation Tools

*did anyone read anything about caustics?

my one worry is activating the software?  i hope i don't need internet access, my production pc is not networked.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:18 PM

Good grief!  That whole thing looks amazing.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:18 PM

To confirm, Poser 10 is 32-bit. Landing page has been corrected.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quote - Soft body dynamics using "bullet physics?"  Does that mean I can create collisions between one character and another?  (Like, for example, someone getting hit, or the intendations on skin that occur when people embrace?)  The demo video makes the "bullet physics" look a bit clunky.

Bullet Physics is an open-source physics engine.  Carrara uses it too...

http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:23 PM

is that a fancy way of saying 'softbody physics'?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:27 PM

These are some amazing additions.  Wow!  :woot:  Have to try to budget this in for June, then.  :unsure:

I am wondering if any of the new features have been exposed to Python for scripting...?  Aside from Python modifications, the main thing on my wishlist which they've not touched would be the Hair Room design tools.  Oh well.  Hopefully someday.  :unsure:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:20 PM

raytraced display mode and simulations gonna mean people are going to be very unhappy with their current video cards, me included. Im glad I wasnt lured into buying PP2012 when they had it on sale.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:20 PM

<---- waiting for BB to open up on this one.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quote - What?? M4 can't wear V4 shoes even with those programs?

Ugh, how limiting.

Sometimes, yes, I get good results. Or at least not too bad ones that can be cleaned up a little with the morph brush and some postwork and/or hiding of parts. Other times they come out completely borked, especially if the soles are thick and the heels are high. V4 to Genesis conversions apparently get the worse of it when it comes to doing shoes, at least in Studio. Haven't got the Wardrobe Wizard Plugin for Genesis, so I'm not sure how well that handles 'em.

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quote - These are some amazing additions.  Wow!  :woot:  Have to try to budget this in for June, then.  :unsure:

I am wondering if any of the new features have been exposed to Python for scripting...?  Aside from Python modifications, the main thing on my wishlist which they've not touched would be the Hair Room design tools.  Oh well.  Hopefully someday.  :unsure:

There have been additions to the scripting for the new functionality. Some of the tool builders have been in the beta program

false1 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - :sigh: There goes my plans for a new tablet. Oh well, I know what I want for Christmas this year. How does the Fitting Room do at converting shoes? Heels, especially. I have a lot of sexy V3 and V4 shoes that my M4 and Genesis characters wanna wear but CrossDresser, Wardrobe Wizard and DS Autofit just can't seem to handle without wrecking something.

What?? M4 can't wear V4 shoes even with those programs?

Ugh, how limiting.

Jeez, if Crossdresser can't put M4 in sexy V4 shoes what good is it? ;-)

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 4:02 PM

Quote - There have been additions to the scripting for the new functionality. Some of the tool builders have been in the beta program

Interesting.  By "tool builders", I assume you mean Poser Python script creators?  It wasn't in reference to my comment about the Hair Room design tools.  :unsure:

Wondering whether we would be able to implement PyBullet for Poser, exposing Bullet physics to Python.  Or whether that would even be necessary.  :unsure:

https://launchpad.net/pybullet

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 4:12 PM

My inner accountant just wet himself........ :-P

I'm all over it! Just dipped into my CG "stash" LOL!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quote -

I must say I get the best results from CrossDresser. But going from V4 to V5/M5/Genesis, on the other hand, often results in quite a mess, no matter whether it's Poser or Daz Studio I'm using. 

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 4:49 PM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quote -

I must say I get the best results when converting between the Gen3s and Gen4s from CrossDresser. But going from V4 to V5/M5/Genesis, on the other hand, often makes quite a mess of high heels (and some dresses and pants) no matter whether it's Poser or Daz Studio I'm using. 

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 5:29 PM

Oh yes, one does not need scullcabs any more. You can paint the hair goups directly on any object surface now, and ha ha, calculate bullet dynamic hair too. :-)  :-). :-) 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 5:34 PM

Info in about downloading P10P2014 from Netherworks:- I asked this due to previous content coming in one BIG file of X amount of gig.

**This time around SM has provided a download manager for Poser and the various content packages (you know - Hair, Animals, Characters and so on)

It is a very small program (I mean tiny!) and it allows you to download multiple items at once (you can pick and choose). It can pause and resume downloads. It can keep copies of the download installers.

The download manager shows valuable information like current version installed, the available version (if newer), file size, download speed and so on.

It is basically a client for downloading the installers - the actual installation is just like what you are used to in previous versions of Poser and Poser Pro. I think it's great because you don't have to worry about - I'm having problems with Opera or Firefox or IE or any of that kind of thing.

I hope this helps!**

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quote - Oh yes, one does not need scullcabs any more. You can paint the hair goups directly on any object surface now, and ha ha, calculate bullet dynamic hair too. :-)  :-). :-) 

Can you calculate Bullet dynamic cloth, as well?  I see it in the Bullet features, but Google seems to show that the Bullet package presents the raw potential for cloth support, while leaving implementation up to the end user.  I'm left confused, then, about cloth in Bullet.  😕

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - Oh yes, one does not need scullcabs any more. You can paint the hair goups directly on any object surface now, and ha ha, calculate bullet dynamic hair too. :-)  :-). :-) 

Can you calculate Bullet dynamic cloth, as well?  I see it in the Bullet features, but Google seems to show that the Bullet package presents the raw potential for cloth support, while leaving implementation up to the end user.  I'm left confused, then, about cloth in Bullet.  😕

No, there is no bullet implementation for the clothroom.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 7:13 PM

Quote - The fitting room is extremely usefull for building new clothes.
SO yes, you can enter the fitting room with a fresh and ungrouped object file you created yourself.

Load the figure
Load the object file.
Goto the fitting room.

Create a new sim. Load your clothing object file, and load the "target" figure. (the figure you want the clothing to fit.)

Position and adjust the clothing object file if required.
If you build the clothing object for a particualr figure, it loads right into the correct position.

Click FIT. The clothing object will be fitted around the 'target" figure you loaded.

Create figure.
This is the same as, but better then the setup room.

• It rigs the clothing with the underlying "target" figures rig.
  • Transfer morphs, you can choose what morphs to transfer from the "target" figure into the clothing
  • Autogroup if you build your objects without groups.
    => Create.

Goto the pose room and you have a ready clothing.
Click conform to, and DONE => Joepie - jaai - jaaayyyyy !!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

Dit I mention I was exited testing these things?

To continue on this subject.

If you want to add pockets or buttons to your clothing? ha-ha-ha-, trouble right????
Oh no!!!!!!!! Piece of cake, like a walk in the park.

Do as above.

Build your basic clothing WITHOUT buttons or pockets or whatever.

Run the Clothing FIT simulation on the basic clothing. You will end up with a perfect fitting clothing item.
DO NOT CREATE yet, just do Spawn as PROP.

Export this fitted prop from Poser into your modeling application.
Now add buttons and pockets and whatever you want to add. :-)

Ha-ha---
Go back to Poser, import your finalised object with the buttons and pockets.

Goto the fitting room. Create new sim.

Load your finalised clothing object, and load your figure.
As this clothing has already been fitted, you do not need to refit a second time. :-)

With loaded clothing and "target" figure, they should fit together, CLICK create figure.

• This transfers the rig of the target figure into the clothing item.
  • You can choose the morphs to transfer from the "target" figure into the clothing
  • You can autogroup if you did not add groups yourself.

Goto Pose room and Click, conform to your target figure.

Done :-) :-) :-)

Perfect fitting clothing with pockets and buttons.

Ok, I am officially godsmacked. LOL I WAAAAAAANNNNNNTTTTTTTT!!!!! Just for that alone :P

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 7:18 PM

Quote - This is going to change my life... finally will have things I wished for ages... thanks God and SM!

HA! Fabi you  never needed any help with Poser ;). Might be able to release twice the products in the same amount of time tho! LOL

My credit card is smoking already....hahaha.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.