Sun, Oct 6, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Are people still using V4?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 7:47 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:18 AM

Admittedly, I've been away from Poser for ages. 3 years... Last time I looked in, Dawn was the new kid on the block..

But I'm MAKING stuff for Poser again. A scene (since it's pretty much independent of whichever character is The New Hot Chick at the moment.

But I'm considering making a few poses to go with this, and ... well.. since I never understood DS and all the Genesis stuff is beyond me, I'm still using V4.

Is she "too old" to use for poses? Or do people still use her? (I'm also still using PP2014 btw so no easy Genesis import or whatever P11 can do)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

3DFineries ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 7:52 PM

All the time.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 8:00 PM

wow!! good to see you back...

[i'm] still a V4 girl myself... [and a few other older models if desired at any given mo']

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 8:17 PM

Sure, I am using the Aiko4 morph of V4.

Eternal Hobbyist

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 8:20 PM

Survey the market place here to get an Idea how much V4 is in use still.

V4 ,like poser itself, is dead and buried to me personally .

However amongst those people who use poser as their only figure program you will find alot of V4 usage so new content for the figure is still in demand somewhat.

My website

YouTube Channel

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 8:43 PM

I use her every day! Glad to see you back! :)

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 9:28 PM

80% of the time. She's the best zombie I've ever rendered.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2016 at 10:29 PM

yes i use V4 and her Aiko sister so content for V4 A4 is good

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 12:04 AM

V4 and I, till death do us part!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 2:12 AM

I use V4 and also V3 and V2, with subdivision and SSS they look still great.

Welcome back

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Cyberdene ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 3:59 AM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 4:00 AM

I wish they would just stick to one goddamn base model. All those new Victorias for Genesis is so f***** unnecessary. It's like they can't just make ONE SUPERIOR version of her with everything corrected, no we need a V5, V6, V7, and soon there will be a V8. It's the same with the others too like David, Stephanie, Aiko, etc all new versions that come out like yearly with a new high price tag slapped on them with barely any new features. So yes I'm glad V4 is still around, I have no plans to switch over to Genesis and unfortunately that's upsetting that they would neglect a new base model for Poser since Daz is free, and Poser isn't. And there are always new versions of Poser coming out. I will switch to Genesis only because of the monster models I've seen that I want to use, and they have way more male stuff too for Genesis compared to M4 which is still lacking clothes and figures..

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:17 AM

Cyberdene posted at 6:08AM Wed, 18 May 2016 - #4269534

I wish they would just stick to one goddamn base model. All those new Victorias for Genesis is so f***** unnecessary. It's like they can't just make ONE SUPERIOR version of her with everything corrected, no we need a V5, V6, V7, and soon there will be a V8. It's the same with the others too like David, Stephanie, Aiko, etc all new versions that come out like yearly with a new high price tag slapped on them with barely any new features. So yes I'm glad V4 is still around, I have no plans to switch over to Genesis and unfortunately that's upsetting that they would neglect a new base model for Poser since Daz is free, and Poser isn't. And there are always new versions of Poser coming out. I will switch to Genesis only because of the monster models I've seen that I want to use, and they have way more male stuff too for Genesis compared to M4 which is still lacking clothes and figures..

Actually there are different and newer models, as each generation they add new features and improve on he previous model, just like any other product like computers, cars, gaming systems, phones, etc. I doubt people would actually pay full price for a car that still used regular gasoline and had an eight-track tape system in it these days, when other cars use unleaded and have CD and iPhone/bluetooth connections would they? ;)

That said to the OP, yes people still use V4. The issue however that vendors are running into is people not BUYING V4 products, so don't expect to make the money you may have years ago, thus why you see the store shifted the way it is now. As wolf said, it's not too hard to survey the marketplace to see what's selling rather than asking forum users. You've been doing this long enough to know not to ask forum users for selling advice. (And you should be emailing Antonio anyway and he would have told you the same thing ;) )

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:34 AM

Hi Trekkie!! I use V4 A LOT. I am making new characters for her myself.

I would like to add, this is a sensitive subject for some. Let's try to keep it civil. We needn't start bashing models, either V4 or the newer generations.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:43 AM

Yes! Absolutely! 'Cheating' on Vicky Fourpointtwoplusplus is unthinkable. There's also the matter of her sizable wardrobe which I've invested in over the years. If my real world wife was as high maintenance as Vicky, I'd be a pauper. Despite the hysterical arm waving of the Daz fanboys, Vicky still works (and looks) great. Heck, even Vicky Three can hold her own id one has the skills. In another forum we have a Vicky Three thread on the go and some of the renders are just as good (if not better) than some of the Genesis Three stuff I've seen.
A development to watch is the upcoming 'Project E' from the amazingly talented Erogenesis. She will be compatible with Vicky Four characters and clothes and will...well follow her story on CGBytes. If you're going to make clothes for her, then I'd suggest that you fill in the gaps in her wardrobe and not cover the same ground. She has a million bikinis and skimpy outfits. A modern woman like Vicky needs a variety of business outfits. How about some good formal outfits. So many of the offerings are 'goofy' and don't really resemble clothing that a real person would wear. Fashion websites are full of beautiful gowns that can provide some inspiration.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 6:11 AM

No i don't use V4. I am waiting for a figure to be released, that let me use Poser again.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 8:02 AM

Any of the victoria models V1,V2,V4,V4 are still viable if they and their existing content enables one to acheive one's creative objectives.

But as Male_M3dia correctly stated, merchants or potential merchants should consider the reality that V4 usage is likely on the decline as users migrate to the new models & content.

My website

YouTube Channel

oldingr ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 8:02 AM

After spending hundreds of dollars on V4 over the years, doing it all over again at three times the price seems stupid. Some of the clothes for V7 almost costs as much as the real thing. While I can appreciate the improvements to any program over time there comes a time when the investment out weights the benefits. I wish these two camps would come together at some point, but sadly I don't see that happening. For myself it's not just the investment in content but also the program itself. For me Poser is a lot nicer to work with and has become like a good friend.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 9:05 AM

"After spending hundreds of dollars on V4 over the years, doing it all over again at three times the price seems stupid."

Music Lovers have bought the same beatles songs on Eight track ,vinyl, cassette tape,sony mini-disc CD and now online streaming subscription fees . all because content delivery formats have changed with advances in technology.

The samecould be said of movie buffs.

** "I wish these two camps would come together at some point, "**

Dead issue.....quite DEAD ,Daz has moved on to a different technology that is serving their customers and their business model There is no logical business need to return to human figure technology of the past.

** "For me Poser is a lot nicer to work with and has become like a good friend."**

As an animator its just the opposite.

Poser is like the Old "friend" who came calling every few years asking for money yet never really offered me anything new in the area I needed him most- Character Animation tools!! So Ive "dumped" my old friend and moved on to where my needs are being met

My website

YouTube Channel

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 12:26 PM

Just my two cents... I still use V4, in fact I only just started using her as a base for an older version of kate.

Probably just me, but I want models with clothes and accessories that are made for them. I don't want to fit them, change them (much) tweak them etc. I just want something that works and I don't mind paying for them.

I see some things for paul and pauline. Nice models, but not really impressed by what's available. Yes, they're new, but I can't wait for them to catch up with clothes that I need. That's why I like V4 and even M4. They have a lot of stuff made for them now.

It would be great if you could just pick a model in the store and see all things made for that model. I have done searches for V4 or Victoria, and that works most of the time, but not always. It would be even nicer to have a comparison of models and a list of clothes for each model so you could pick the model with the most accessories available for whatever project it is you are doing.

Welcome back.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 2:09 PM

Hi TrekkieGirl - long time, no see. Glad you are back.

We had a survey thread here last month - turns out that almost all (over 92%) Poser users here are using Poser 9+ or later (38%+ on Poser 11 or Pro 11 alone). It's a pity that the same can't be said of vendors - most seem to be hell bent on staying with Poser 7 - I actually had a vendor tell me that they didn't have time to learn the features of Poser 9, while working on a product for Dawn - a figure that needs Poser 9 or later.

V4/M4 is the lingua franca of the Poserverse. A better question would be - do people still use a Poser 4 workflow, or have they joined the 21st Century? Vendors don't know when I buy a V4 outfit if it will ever be worn by V4, and I have many that haven't. It doesn't actually take much work (5 minutes or so) to refit a V4/M4 outfit to any other figure. Poser has a wide variety of methods, depending on which version of Poser they are using (Fitting Room, Wardrobe Wizard, or Xdresser).

Another thing to consider is how V4 (or any other figure) is used - If the user is running a WM and/or subdivided version of a legacy figure (which can be done in just a couple of minutes) - they have the same bending capability of a modern figure (Daz or otherwise), so it simply boils down to personal preference and content purchased. Problematic legacy figures are no longer problems when using a modern version of Poser.

A major factor I consider when purchasing content is how much work I need to do to convert a product made to Poser 4/7 standards to use in Poser 11. Example - if the vendor is too lazy to create material .mc6 files (a requirement for selling here that isn't enforced), that product needs to be at least 50% off before I would even look at it, much less buy it. I would say that it is costing them sales. Except for shoes - that is the one place that conversion isn't quite there yet.

In my case, I use every figure I have. I like variety, and limiting myself to 1 mesh is too limiting. It's been my observation over the years that most vendors characters look like siblings - buy 1 or 2 from each, and you pretty much have every character they ever make. I get around this by using many meshes. Most newer meshes only have a dozen or so vendors making content for them, which is another limiting factor.

OTOH, V4/M4 have several orders of magnitude of content available to them than newer figures - thousands of outfits in the case of V4 vs dozens for any figure NOT named V4 (that includes the g figures, btw); hundreds of outfits for M4 vs a dozen or so for any male figure NOT named M4.

With my Star Trek (TOS) comic I am working on, my main (humanoid) figures are the SM characters (P6 and up - I have more figures for them than were ever made for the newer figures). I also like normal sized people. - It doesn't matter if they are Dawn, Kez, Pauline, etc; everybody is wearing V4 Courageous/M4 Valiant outfits, with TOS textures - heavily modified by me.

I don't use DSON - it's more trouble than it is worth. It's (much) easier to export out a g figure as a Poser native figure and swap DS WM for Poser's WM (5 minute process, if you set up your DS content rationally. I exported the genesis 1 figure for use for aliens (genesis 1 & DarioFish's aliens rock!) and the genesis 2 series for "red shirts". You can actually end up with a nice, light weight (80Mb) figure - not much native content of course, but I'm the very model of a modern Poser user - easy fix. At 70% off MSRP, they are worth fooling with (if it isn't on sale in Fast Grab, wait a week or two, it will be) - otherwise, it's a TCO fail - especially the "iconic shapes" - they are made for people that can't do math.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 2:51 PM

Glad you're back. :) I certainly still use V4, I'm too invested not to.

...... Kendra

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 3:20 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 3:21 PM

It's (much) easier to export out a g figure as a Poser native figure and swap DS WM for Poser's WM (5 minute process, if you set up your DS content rationally. I exported the genesis 1 figure for use for aliens (genesis 1 & DarioFish's aliens rock!) and the genesis 2 series for "red shirts". You can actually end up with a nice, light weight (80Mb) figure - not much native content of course, but I'm the very model of a modern Poser user - easy fix. At 70% off MSRP, they are worth fooling with (if it isn't on sale in Fast Grab, wait a week or two, it will be)"

As a sci fi/comic book nerd, I have found the Genesis aliens by Dariofish incredibly useful as well.

You (like myself) are willing to put in some actual creative effort and use existing technology to make use of figure assets in the final render environment of your choosing that achieves your creative objectives.

In my case that is Maxon Cinema4D.

C4D has ZERO actual support for the Daz genesis figures much less animated ones yet here they are( link below) all Genesis2 figures ( except the bad guys) easily rendered in Maxon C4D as .obj files being driven by External MDD files exported from Daz studio

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2TYEp536iB8aVBBdHJWRE9jODg

But the reality is that the great majority of poser users simply want a poser native perfect female that can be all things and does not require any usage of other programs not even for a quick export as you and I do from DS.

This is not a criticism just an observable fact.

This is what has given V4 this unnaturally long life as the primary poser figure. and she will not be abandoned my most until the arrival of a universally accepted and superior POSER NATIVE female..perhaps project E?? time will tell.

My website

YouTube Channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 3:22 PM

I still use V4 in PoserPro 2014 -- waiting for a really good sale to come along so I can upgrade to version 11 -- but not exactly as V4. "She" in most cases gets modded with Mike's morphs and skins so anything I buy for "her" at full price has to be able to work on "him" with minimal fuss. I know it's much easier to work that way on the Genesis models in Daz Studio but for now I don't have that option. I'm waiting until they get the font sizes issue sorted since I can't see the DS interface very well. Recently I have even bought things for M3 and Ichiro 2, so I'd say there's still a bit of life left in the old figures yet.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 3:37 PM

But the reality is that the great majority of poser users simply want a poser native perfect female that can be all things and does not require any usage of other programs not even for a quick export as you and I do from DS.

I used to think that, but I don't any longer; the data (such as it is & what there is of it) doesn't support that. In the same survey, over 67% had a Pro version of Poser. They aren't buying the Pro versions just to Load, Conform, and Make Art.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 4:12 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 4:14 PM

This is what has given V4 this unnaturally long life as the primary poser figure. and she will not be abandoned my most until the arrival of a universally accepted and superior POSER NATIVE female..perhaps project E?? time will tell.

At least for me V4 and M4 are a good mixture between speed and quality. I have played around with the DSON import, but honestly I haven't had any good experience with it. Most the times i have to restart Poser because it gets screwed up due to it also I find most the characters to be slow to work with, which quickly annoys me, I like the characters and all, but I think its to much problems getting it to work correctly with Poser and having read the guide on Daz3D on DSON didn't help anything, I personally don't think these figures are worth the trouble for the images i make and as someone already mentioned if you need a high resolution human mesh, you can do that by simply go Figure -> Skinning method -> Poser Unimesh and just increase the subdivision level.

So a mixture of people having a lot of content for V4, but also I think a lot of people have problems with the genesis characters (especially the new ones) when using poser and personally i think its sad that the users are caught up in this "battle" between Poser and Daz3d that it have a negative impact on the experience that they have using these programs.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 4:36 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 4:39 PM

"In the same survey, over 67% had a Pro version of Poser. They aren't buying the Pro versions just to Load, Conform, and Make Art."

No they are not.

But they dont seem willing to immerse themselves in Daz studio in the way you have described your process that is my observation.

Just look at how some reacted to the news that there is a script to get the genesis 3 female into poser only to express obvious dissappointment that it still does not magically convert her to true poser native figure.

Having a "Pro" version of poser has not made users anymore willing to spend more time over in Daz studio managing DS content to be brought over to poser.

If that were the case V4 would be long dead and most people would at a minimum be using the G2 figures for Mike& Vickie 5-6 and using one of your methods or DSON or joe public's to bring them over.

But the ten year old V4 lingers because her usage spare users from having to use another program even for your "five minute " transfer process.

It is more than a technical hurdle IMHO it is a Cultural mindset.

My website

YouTube Channel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:26 PM

TrekkieGrrrl every thing has changed in 3 years. Renderosity Forums are now a ghost town .ebots are broke ,DAZ left Poser but bolt runtime ,and oh ya eBots ! are permanently broke ,ya that says it all.

The Vicky wars left every thing fragmented including venders.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:33 PM

RorrKonn may have the essence, if a little harshly put. But things are improving. There are a lot of drama concerning your question ... it triggers conflict, unfortunately. So Take what you need from the thread and if you have any questions please feel free to site-mail me.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:47 PM

I still use V4.2, and I continue to look for new, interesting, good quality content for her.

By the way, the topic of this Poser forum thread is: "Are people still using V4?". It's not "Is anyone NOT using V4, or Poser? Please explain why not, and what's the matter with those who are". It pisses me off having to read and filter out lots of irrelevant noise. Thank you for your consideration.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:50 PM

Wolf, DS doesn't have any documentation to speak of; no surprise that folks aren't willing to work to make DS more efficient.

What surprised me was all the work done to get the g3 figure working - why spend all that time on getting expressions to work, when you could simply add facial bones to ANY figure in just a few minutes - (pg 286 to 290 in the Poser manual).

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 6:22 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 6:22 PM

oldingr posted at 1:11AM Thu, 19 May 2016 - #4269547

After spending hundreds of dollars on V4 over the years, doing it all over again at three times the price seems stupid. Some of the clothes for V7 almost costs as much as the real thing. While I can appreciate the improvements to any program over time there comes a time when the investment out weights the benefits. I wish these two camps would come together at some point, but sadly I don't see that happening. For myself it's not just the investment in content but also the program itself. For me Poser is a lot nicer to work with and has become like a good friend.

+ 1

And Yes V4 is still my main figure!!!

Polygons don't age and with the new Poser 11, you can do HD morphs for V4 for example.

It's up to the artist to make something out of the "base clay" and whether that clay is blue, green or pink is irrelevant.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 7:30 PM

I will use V4 as long as I render. No figure has a greater variety of fantastic characters than V4--all ethnicities, fantasy characters, and on and on. Ditto M4 (so sad Mortem Vitus has been assimilated). Genesis 2 has some variety, but so far, Genesis 3 characters mostly look the same to my eye.

ssgbryan: I have 123 G2F outfits running native in Poser for my native G2F/V6 characters. The mother ship does run great sales. That is a lot of "dozens" of outfits, and there are more to be had. Add to this far more than that using V4 outfits in the fitting room. Dawn has the same amount as V4 and G2F, thanks to the fitting room. So does Pauline. This is one reason Poser is a great program!

But with all that stuff already, I, too, buy less for V4, even though great new characters are appearing on the market.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 9:28 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 9:40 PM

No, I'm not. I just fiddle around with my own models/rigs and keep them to myself. Been really too busy with non Poser pursuits lately to pay much attention to the sites and the state of the community.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 9:54 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2016 at 9:58 PM

...maybe in the fall/winter when work slows up I'll tidy up things I've been tinkering with and put it out there. But... nothing with V4 or any other Poser figure not created by myself. Feels vaguely like a waste not to keep making things with/for Poser considering the amount of time and effort I've spent with the program... and how fond I am of it, regardless of my being at odds with most of what seems to be the nagging concerns of other users.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 1:27 AM

I use V4, M4, V3, M3, Aiko 3, for all of whom I have a reasonably large wardrobe assembled over the years. I have been fiddling with Studio testing out gen3 stuff, but Poser (7 and Pro 11) is my main 3D program.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 5:15 AM

V4 even more use to me since the new child morphs in the MP by Lyrra just recently here. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

willdial ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 9:24 PM

Here's my two cents.

I still use Victoria 4. She's a good old girl and there is nothing wrong with her. Also, she has a closet that would make Imelda Marcos blush.

I also use Victoria 3, Stephanie Petite 3, Aiko 3, Victoria 2, Stephanie 1, Dawn, Star, Pauline, Miki 4, Terai Yuki 2, Alyson 2, Sydney, Jessi, Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3. I know I'm in the minority by using so many different figures and I don't care. They add a unique diversity to any art.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 10:18 PM · edited Thu, 19 May 2016 at 10:19 PM

I just started using her now that I've squeezed almost the last drop out of Aiko 3! Now I'm collecting and buying V4 stuff all the time!

Again, welcome back!

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2016 at 10:36 PM

She's still my "go-to" girl!

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2016 at 6:41 AM · edited Fri, 20 May 2016 at 6:42 AM

I still use V4.2, because the model has everything I need, which I can't say of the genesis figures. Besides that I have hundreds of cloths, props, poses for her and considering the prices for new stuff at DAZ, I don't think I will switch to one of their figures soon. I invested too much time and money to get V4 the way I wanted, and I'm not in the mood to start all over again with a new model.

I like poser and for me it ain't far from dead, the new superfly render in poser11 can give results that are at least as good as Iray. I do use Daz studio, but only as a tool for Poser, I don't do any rendering in D|S.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

3Dpixi ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2016 at 6:24 AM

For some reason I can not say goodbye to her creating products for my store .. 😃

Happy to read there are still artists working with V4 and interested in products for her ..!!

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2016 at 12:11 PM
Online Now!

prefer V4 ... she works in Poser without messing around. Many morphs, many textures/characters. all good really.,

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

vampchild ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 11:44 AM

Will always love V4. I use her most. Love V3 too.

Beware-The Smoking Man Still Lives!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 7:21 PM

I have been away for a while and reading the forums and looking in the marketplace made me think I was the only one left using poser and V4, I'm glad I'm not. i know V4 has issues but i can deal with that, i like her, i know her limits and she works well, let alone the huge closet for her. so I'm not going to stop using her, or V3, A3 etc.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

trepleen ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 6:51 AM

I still use V4. I'm not sure what new figure to use since DAZ abandoned Poser. I like Genesis 3, but it's not compatible with poser.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 7:18 AM

Thanks for all the replies.

I am NOT going to install DS. No hard feelings other than it just don't want to run properly on my computer, while Poser (10, I guess it is) does just fine.

As such, I guess it makes it impossible for me to use the newer g-figures. SOMETHING I can personally live with. My base characters are still M3/D3 and they work for my purpose. All I needed to know was if I should/could include for instance poses for V4 in a set of scene props. Which is now a moot point, because I couldn't make the poses anyway ;) and the scene/props are in the testing queue now. Without any poses.

And yes I can see the ebots are dead, as I got no indication of all these replies. Oh well, ebots were always more a hassle than a help. Either you drowned in them, or they were flaky. Better gone for good then, at least you know not to expect them XD

Thanks to all who remembered me and whished me welcome back <3

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

MysticBlueRaven ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 6:54 PM

I uses Victoria 4.2 all the time. I still use Victoria 3 in a lot of my renders. I still look for new, interesting, good quality content for her.

bevans84 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 5:49 AM

Honestly, I don't think there will ever be another V4 in the hobby 3d market, considering the (IMO) fractured state of the hobby as a whole.

Xartis ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 5:52 AM

Nice to see you back. Only V4 or V4.2 for me, thank you. BTW I still have your Trash Street Corner with Grafffiti. Only the good stuff in my Content LOL

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 6:10 AM

I support ALL the Poser figures now as I've moved on from making figure specific items to props and environments. However, when i do make figure specific stuff now, generally it's with Dawn in mind, or a native Poser figure.

And welcome back, TG.

skuts ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 11:06 AM

LOL. I'm still faithful to V3. I use her all the time. I don't like V4's proportions.

"Facts are the enemy of truth."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.