Thu, Sep 19, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:05 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:08 AM

@Sgbryan regarding the "jilted ex" comment the big kahoona in the tall purple helmet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjokKZX1r6I

Legacy Millenium 3 Poser figure, Starring in my feature length Marvel fan film coming in the fall of 2019 Via the interPoser pro plugin for C4D

The best lipsinc option for "Daz/poser" Characters to this day:Mimic pro 3 for Poser, still in my pipeline.

(See why here) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xOSyocgvpRfrYw821IxxdYVLuQI5rALm/view

My website

YouTube Channel

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:59 AM

If someone wishes for something in Poser that's already been addressed, or there's a script that addresses an issue, it's alright to correct or inform a person, but please, let's stay away from arguing in this thread.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 6:38 AM

wolf359 posted at 7:35AM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356752

These comments prove you know nothing about rigging >clothing in Poser.

If there are new improved rigging options in Poser 11 pro then indeed my understanding is limited by the fact that I have only the poser pro 2014 fitting room to compare to the Daz transfer utility

I have used both and IMHO,and that of many former poser vendors I know, there is no comparison in terms of getting a predictable,usable,morphs included, result with 3 mouse clicks, compared to the fitting room "experience".

Then you should clearly state, in your long, lacking in facts rants, that you aren't even using the most current version of Poser and are basing your comments on gossip you hear from DAZ vendors.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:18 AM

I remembered another thing for my wishlist!

-Make Poser stop shutting itself off with every minor program freeze. I don't know why it freezes so much at random - sometimes I just select a body part and BAM frozen - but I'd rather wait for it to remember how to function than have it shut down on my face and lose progress on scenes I was working on.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:19 AM

(Also, I'm deciding to start ignoring every comment that can be translated into "make Poser more like DS" from now on.)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:29 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 8:26AM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356764

I remembered another thing for my wishlist!

-Make Poser stop shutting itself off with every minor program freeze. I don't know why it freezes so much at random - sometimes I just select a body part and BAM frozen - but I'd rather wait for it to remember how to function than have it shut down on my face and lose progress on scenes I was working on.

Wow, that's really odd. One thing is for sure, Poser 11 is stable for me. I wonder if it's a situation like with Hexagon - for some users it rarely crashes, and for others it crashes so frequently it's unusable.

The only time I can count on a crash is if I'm too rushed when coming out of the material room - not letting Poser do it's material room thing (whatever that is) causes a crash every time. I've learned to wait for the little blue circle to stop spinning before I do anything else.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:36 AM

Granted, I don't use the Fitting room to convert clothing from one figure to another, so I can't speak to how difficult or how easy it is to do so. Since I've never used the DS Transfer Utility, I can't speak to that either. Sadly, DS is required to use it, and I just won't install DS on my production computer (and I no longer have a secondary computer).

However, I do use the Fitting room to rig clothing I've modeled, and for me it is always a predictable and usable result with a few clicks. Although, it's probably closer to 5 clicks rather than 3 clicks. I prefer to add the morphs at a later stage though. It's just my preference.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

3Drendero ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 11:31 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 11:33 AM

Regarding the request to add AMD ProRender for GPU rendering on AMD cards too, you can already get the Reality plugin for Poser, that renders via Luxrender 1.6 on AMD cards: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/reality-4-3---poser-edition/107744/

Would be nice if the new owners could help Preta3D somehow, in order to get the plugin updated to the latest Luxcorerender instead.

Poser 11 just needs an update of Superfly from its source Cycles, which has AMD OpenCL support in the newer versions.

/Edit. AMD Prorender may be better than Superfly or Luxcorerender, but another new render engine in Poser adds complexity for everyone...

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 12:28 PM

3Drendero posted at 1:25PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356786

Regarding the request to add AMD ProRender for GPU rendering on AMD cards too, you can already get the Reality plugin for Poser, that renders via Luxrender 1.6 on AMD cards: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/reality-4-3---poser-edition/107744/

Would be nice if the new owners could help Preta3D somehow, in order to get the plugin updated to the latest Luxcorerender instead.

Poser 11 just needs an update of Superfly from its source Cycles, which has AMD OpenCL support in the newer versions.

/Edit. AMD Prorender may be better than Superfly or Luxcorerender, but another new render engine in Poser adds complexity for everyone...

Correct. Every time you add another renderer you have to consider that it will probably also need corresponding material nodes. PLUS needing to support the older ones for existing content that is out there.

So, you think things are complicated now? LOL

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 12:39 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 12:40 PM

Deecey posted at 1:38PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356789

3Drendero posted at 1:25PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356786

Correct. Every time you add another renderer you have to consider that it will probably also need corresponding material nodes. PLUS needing to support the older ones for existing content that is out there.

So, you think things are complicated now? LOL

Not to mention a whole new "War on vendors" who don't support the render engine of the day. No thanks.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:08 PM

Cycles is a good renderer. Honestly we just need Superfly to be updated. It has been what, 4 years? From what I understand, Cycles already has the micropolygon displacement we want, and it renders faster - we need to have the displacement incorporated into Poser and port whatever it is that makes it faster.

Of course, this speaking from someone whose experience with programming stopped back with HTML from the 2000's.

- - - - - - 

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:24 PM
Online Now!

Glitterati3D posted at 2:17PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356761

wolf359 posted at 7:35AM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356752

These comments prove you know nothing about rigging >clothing in Poser.

If there are new improved rigging options in Poser 11 pro then indeed my understanding is limited by the fact that I have only the poser pro 2014 fitting room to compare to the Daz transfer utility

I have used both and IMHO,and that of many former poser vendors I know, there is no comparison in terms of getting a predictable,usable,morphs included, result with 3 mouse clicks, compared to the fitting room "experience".

Then you should clearly state, in your long, lacking in facts rants, that you aren't even using the most current version of Poser and are basing your comments on gossip you hear from DAZ vendors.

Okay, there's really no need to be rude here, it's not constructive at all. I am one of those vendors who have used both programs, and I can attest that YES, it is easier and quicker to rig and get something ready for market in Daz Studio. It just IS, no matter how experienced you are in Poser, and that is fact. And no, this is not a diss for Poser ... I was a Poser lover for many years. And recently, I have jumped back in to "relearn" many things and actually created a few items for LaFemme. It was a lot of fun, and a nice change of pace. NOW ... for those who ACTUALLY have rigged and created something for Daz Studio, let's get moving and talk about the things that could make it more "content creator" friendly ... period. This should NOT be a combative discussion, it's a place for talking and learning how we can bring Poser back.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:30 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:35 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:27PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356798

Cycles is a good renderer. Honestly we just need Superfly to be updated. It has been what, 4 years? From what I understand, Cycles already has the micropolygon displacement we want, and it renders faster - we need to have the displacement incorporated into Poser and port whatever it is that makes it faster.

Of course, this speaking from someone whose experience with programming stopped back with HTML from the 2000's.

Yes, it has been almost 4 years since Poser 11 has been released, and 32 months since the old team was let go. I have also rigged in both Poser 11 Pro and current version of DS. Poser has, indeed, fallen behind in the content creation arena and does need some catching up. 4 years is a LONG time in software years.

I also agree that constructive conversation is much better than heated debates. You don't need battle armor when the conversations remain constructive. 8-)

Let's give Rendo some suggestions to work with, and not get into a battle, please. I have COMPLETE confidence that Rendo will give Poser the love it needs and deserves.

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:33 PM
Online Now!

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:33PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356765

(Also, I'm deciding to start ignoring every comment that can be translated into "make Poser more like DS" from now on.)

LOL ... well yeah, I don't think we want to make it "more like" DS, BUT many processes in Poser are just way behind, so let's catch it up!!!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:35 PM

Yes, and I'm pretty sure that "making content creation easier" and "give casual users a one-button approach to things" have been mentioned in this topic before 😀 I think we can leave it at that without turning this into YAPVDSFW (Yet Another Poser Versus Daz Studio Flame War).

Please.

- - - - - - 

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 2:37 PM
Online Now!

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:36PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356805

Yes, and I'm pretty sure that "making content creation easier" and "give casual users a one-button approach to things" have been mentioned in this topic before 😀 I think we can leave it at that without turning this into YAPVDSFW (Yet Another Poser Versus Daz Studio Flame War).

Please.

Excellent Acro!! YES!

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 3:13 PM

I think we should definitely listen to TOP VENDORS like Rhiannon. They know where the shoe don't quite fit.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 3:57 PM

I know this thread is intended for the next version of Poser, but I reaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope that the new team can update PP11's version of cycles to support Turing cards.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:49 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:51 PM

Some type of built in instancing would be nice. Fugazi's crowd generator and Bring in the Clones (which doesn't seem to work with Poser 11) have proven that some type of simulator can be built. Let's just make it smoother (incorporate it into the UI), easier (2 clicks to get to it) and quicker (okay. Machine dependent but memory borrowed for the specific use of replication could be streamlined to speed up the process. Is the CPU always the bottleneck?

Three pages in and we got a little sidetracked so a suggestion to put us back on track.

By the way, I was playing around with substance painter. Very powerful and a superb intuitive interface. I do like Poser's interface but could we incorporate a Substance Painter plugin perhaps?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:55 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:57 PM

In addition to getting a full Cycles/Superfly update, I'd like to see Poser get a real actual Particle system So we can create rain, snow, fire, smoke and liquids. I'd also like to see real actual instancing for things like grass, meadows, forests, etc.

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:07 PM

I second eclark1984's last posted suggestions :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:41 PM

Personally, realizing that it's going to take Bondware/Rendo between 6 months and a year to get a GOOD team together, grt everyone up to speed on the internals and then create a plan forward, I would like to see them just concentrate on Bug fixes, like the persistent micro offset in mirroring from side to side, and maybe stream line some of the content creation tools.. I don't expect a lot for their first offering, I can hope but I won't be too disappointed if they start slow as long as they show they demonstrate an interest in improving the product. I'd much rather see many of the existing bugs killed than just slapping new "features" onto an old and fragile skeleton.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 9:12 PM

quietrob posted at 10:11PM Fri, 12 July 2019 - #4356832

By the way, I was playing around with substance painter. Very powerful and a superb intuitive interface. I do like Poser's interface but could we incorporate a Substance Painter plugin perhaps?

Substance support would be awesome. I have no idea what would be involved, but yeah, that would be fantastic.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:26 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:31 AM

node "simple_color" "BG Color" { name "BG Color" pos 270 10 nodeInput "Color" { name "Color" value 0.34374 0.31249 0.273396 parmR NO_PARM parmG NO_PARM parmB NO_PARM node NO_NODE file NO_MAP } }

Above is the base of what lays underneath what you see in the Material Room. All the lines in a Node are made of the above lines. Given that the above are used to feed the inputs that are the black boxes of the code that is what makes the colors you see in the final output. My question is WHY don't you want Poser to use a Plug-In Render engine that can be changed by you the user instead of waiting for the Programmers to make a new version of Poser? Since the format of the nodes is fixed It would be real easy to program a bridge to send a Render to any engine that Poser wants to support. And Given that Open Shade Language OSL is supported by Cycles, AMD ProRender and LuxRenderer then you the user could use any one of them you want and when they are updated to support the newest hardware you are right there. And with OSL the venders only have to support that and Firefly since SuperFly is mostly Cycles based it should translate with little problem.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:42 AM

I went back an re read most of this thread and there are a few things things that really stick out here. One is fixing the bugs that are there, and the other is adding (insert whatever)

I think that all of us can agree that fixing the known bugs is something that should be addressed. And adding support for a better addon system would be another. So is updating what is there to current versions, Cycles, Turing and AMD support, Bullet, etc.

Doing these will have many advantages, and it will take time to do so. Not only will it take time, it will take a team of programmers and backing. I read other postings and threads suggesting that some of the old team may be involved in some way, which is good since many of them know the code, have programming experience, etc. But you would also want other people on the team that have no experience with Poser, are experienced programmers in other areas of 3D, etc. From different backgrounds so to speak, to bring new thinking to the programming, etc.

I don't think that many of us want Poser to take the same path that it has taken in the past. There were many changes, a huge cut in team members, etc. All of that didn't help Poser at all, and I think that all of us can agree on that as well.

Whatever happens to Poser is going to require money, and a commitment to do so. It isn't going to be a quick or inexpensive journey at all. It could literally take years...

Sure, they can release updates here and there to address certain issues. But major changes are going to require a lot of code work. Possibly/probably, starting from scratch.

And starting from scratch is something that has not been done to Poser in years....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:37 AM

probably not a huge priority for most but Carrara compatibility would be nice

it broke with Poser 8 when weightmapping was implemented, Fenric made a weightmap injector for us but there was issues with the hierarchy of the later Poser figures too

about download here

sadly he left us but I believe he still uses Poser so maybe he will read this and offer some assistance to the Renderosity developers

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 7:34 AM

A few things I'd like Poser to implement A "squish" morph tool. Something like the tighten fit morph tool but instead of setting an offset value by which the clothes are over the figure, a tool which you use on the figure to push it under the clothes, to simulate tight straps etc. (I know you can use the push toll but the same could be argues about using the pull tool to fix poke through, I just find the tighten fit tool so much easier to use) A couple of intelligent options for the copy morphs function, one which realises you don't want to copy an iris morph into a pair of legging, i.e. automatically deselects morphs to parts the target doesn't have and one which deselects morphs which already exist in the target, and combine these with a transfer active morphs only function. I'd like to see a better dynamic cloth system, whether this is a new system that runs alongside the current cloth room, or changes to the cloth room , while retaining backwards compatibility doesn't really matter, but one which runs simulations much quicker and allows quick recalculation after minor pose changes easily (ideally automatically). But I think the most important thing for the next version of Poser some brand new exciting feature. I've no idea what it might be, but it needs to be something easy to use with a wow factor for ordinary users. While bug fixes are important I don't believe these are what encourages current users to upgrade and definitely are not the things to get non-users to now decide to buy Poser, and only by selling more copies of Poser will Rendo bring in the funds to continue and accelerate the future development of the software.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:25 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 9:21AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356809

I think we should definitely listen to TOP VENDORS like Rhiannon. They know where the shoe don't quite fit.

The vendors are the last group to support any features added to Poser 8,9,10 or 11.

I'd remind you that those TOP VENDORS refused to make any content for any post-V4 figure.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:29 AM

While many content providers no longer support Poser, I think it's important to know whether it was feature difficulty or missing features that led to those content providers abandoning Poser, as well as the last version of Poser they used. If their brokerage or their customers prefer they support a specific software which isn't Poser, there isn't much any Poser development team can do about that. Content creation is easier and more efficient in Poser Pro 11 than it was in Poser Pro 2014, just as Poser Pro 2014 improved content creation.

While I've not been developing content near as long as many others, I've not found Poser all that unfriendly in creating content. There are certainly things that would make rigging easier or quicker, but for me, it's more a lack of knowledge than a Poser issue.

As a user, I've been amazed at how many times I've been told you can't do something in Poser when that functionality has been in Poser for years ... and works rather well. It's a complex piece of software, and the manual isn't the most helpful one I've ever read. It's also not the worst.

There's also a lot of misinformation and inaccurate information about Poser. With the loss of the RDNA forums, too much valuable or "how to" information disappeared. Even then though, if something wasn't clear in the manual (or the manual assumed knowledge I lacked), I could search for days and never find any answers or even helpful information.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:37 AM

ssgbryan posted at 12:32PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356876

The vendors are the last group to support any features added to Poser 8,9,10 or 11.

I'd remind you that those TOP VENDORS refused to make any content for any post-V4 figure.

There are a number of factors involved as to why this happened. Most notable is that aside from the Millenium 4 figures and the Hivewire figures, there weren't a lot of other available options to inspire content creation for Poser. SM missed the boat in that regard. Over and over again.

Another factor is as Satira explained above. Weight mapping was introduced in Poser 9, and has matured a LOT since then. There are very few that know how to do weight mapping in both programs, so it is only natural to support figures that are more appealing. If the figures aren't appealing to users, there isn't a lot of incentive to develop content for them.

There is no point looking back and beating ourselves over for why and how things ended up the way they are now. The point of this thread is to look forward, not back.

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:41 AM

Perhaps vendors moved to DS because they got more sales for their products, due to there being more users of a free program? No criticism of anyone, just market forces at work.

Rhiannon ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:39 PM
Online Now!

ssgbryan posted at 12:19PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356876

Can't speak for others, but for me, it was not a matter of "refusing" to do anything. It was a matter of making a living, and what's going to bring in enough sales to pay bills. I'd venture to say that a big majority of the top 20 vendors here at Renderosity, do this for a living and not just a hobby for extra pocket change.

Rhiannon ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:40 PM
Online Now!

Nails60 posted at 12:39PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356891

Perhaps vendors moved to DS because they got more sales for their products, due to there being more users of a free program? No criticism of anyone, just market forces at work.

Yep, pretty much!!

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:29 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:31 PM

ssgbryan posted at 11:28PM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356876

This is plain bullshit, and frankly I'm getting tired of seeing you piss on vendors at every opportunity you get. Enough.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:43 PM

Daz Studio and Poser walk into a bar. Poser looks around and says, "Figures. This place is full of Characters."

I think there is a joke there, somewhere. Anyway, we digressed. We were speaking of things we want in Poser.

esha ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 6:37 AM

SatiraCapriccio posted at 12:18PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4356886

I think it's important to know whether it was feature difficulty or missing features that led to those content providers abandoning Poser, as well as the last version of Poser they used.

I abandoned Poser shortly after P11 Pro came out; I had been excited for it and then, after using it for a while, I left it, disappointed. In my case it was a lack of features and because some things were needlessly complicated, and because the improvements I had hoped for hadn't happened. I admit that all these things that were dealbreakers for me do not affect the average user, but they did affect me as a content creator.

For example, not being able to select and edit multiple items in one go (material zones, dial names and settings etc.). Not being able to assign custom hotkeys in the way I needed them. Not being able to set up a realistic material without having to search the forums for examples by "shader gurus", and then not being able to implement the Cycles tutorials I found in Poser because of missing nodes. Not being able to easily replace morphs or subtract deformation (essential for making JCMs). Not being able to update the geometry of an already rigged item on the fly. After adding morphs to the figure to make the clothing fit better, having to jump through hoops to make it distributable. Not being able to save out and re-load a combination of clothing items + figure settings. Not being able to swap UVs on the fly. Convoluted process for creating JCMs in clothing. Having to spread one set across several folders and subfolders because of the restrictive library system. And that Poser still chops the mesh into groups (that has been mentioned by others, too).

To be fair I have to admit that I used to do certain steps of my development for V4 and M4 in DS already, from 2008 on when the Content Creator Tools were released. Most of my clothing sets for these figures wouldn't have been possible without those tools. I'd been waiting for Poser to catch up but it didn't happen. And yes, I did know Poser rather well at that time so I know what I'm talking about. I also am aware that over time there came 3rd party plugins that addressed some of the difficulties, and I used most (perhaps even all?) of them, but they were only workarounds and didn't work as smoothly as an integreated, built-in feature would have done. And plugins more often than not were broken with each major software update. Since I'm doing this for a living I need reliability, and ease of use ( i. e. getting things done quickly) is a hugely important factor to me. If I were in retirement and this was only a hobby for me I wouldn't have minded, but for professional work you need professional tools.

I've mentioned these lacking features to the developers over and over again, but each of my suggestions was declined or put off. Instead of adding tools that would have made it easier to create characters and clothing they added tools for text tool and measurements. So cool.

Add to that the fact that after my first steps in Superfly I had raided my savings account to get a Titan X video card to render faster. When the new card was installed I did some test renders: in Superfly I saw an increase in render speed of only 25% while in Iray I saw an increase of 400% - and that, together with all the other things mentioned, decided it for me.

So if you want to know what I would like to see in Poser, refer to the list above: I'd like solutions for these problems. I do not say that Poser needs to work like DS. I can, even should, follow its own way. But content creation needs to get quicker and easier. That a thing can be done in some way is not enough. It must be quick and easy, useably in a professional context.

I used to love Poser. It has some features I thoroughly enjoyed and which I miss in DS. But right now the issues mentioned above outweigh everything else. If the developer team manages to get those fixed I'd be happy to give it another try :)

3Drendero ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 7:02 AM · edited Sun, 14 July 2019 at 7:03 AM

Flowscape is an example of easy-to-use 3D app (can it be easier?) that makes use of bundled content. Would be a good inspiration for the next Poser version.

-Start bundles with some landscapes, buildings animals... -"Magic brush" to quickly add the content to the scene -Some skies and easy render settings

More details here: https://pixelforest.itch.io/flowscape

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 10:54 AM

What features do you hope are fixed, improved or added or even dropped because it's too hard or useless to use in the next version of Poser? Obviously, this is a wishlist, not a demand list. A couple of caveats... let's try to stay away from making certain figures work and making Poser a clone of some other program.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 11:05 AM

Also ... might I suggest each person limiting it to "top five requests". That way it will be easier to tell which features are most important to users.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 12:07 PM

Rendo will be better off creating a survey for these types of suggestions that they can tabulate the results from. Having to wade thru forums isn't very efficient nor is it very accurate. Some people don't even want to voice opinions because of being set upon by others users, so a private, thorough survey would be the way to go for Rendo if they REALLY want to know what people want and/or think. Even at that, most people will never fill out the survey and the majority of Poser users very likely aren't even members of Renderosity. If they're smart, they're working on one already and will at least try to get it in front of the eyes of people who are not members of Rendo.

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 12:17 PM

LaurieA posted at 1:14PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4356977

Rendo will be better off creating a survey for these types of suggestions that they can tabulate the results from. Having to wade thru forums isn't very efficient nor is it very accurate. Some people don't even want to voice opinions because of being set upon by others users, so a private, thorough survey would be the way to go for Rendo if they REALLY want to know what people want and/or think. Even at that, most people will never fill out the survey and the majority of Poser users very likely aren't even members of Renderosity. If they're smart, they're working on one already and will at least try to get it in front of the eyes of people who are not members of Rendo.

Laurie

I agree that a poll would be easier to reflect the most requested features. Handling "feature requests" in forum posts creates a situation where (because of massive amounts of thread drift and software/figure wars) it is hard to get to the nuggets without wading through a lot of noise. Especially when it has only been a month or so since the announcement and Poser is still in transition mode.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 2:34 PM

Polls present an issue thou. Choose from the following - may not have what you want in it.

Surveys that people type in what they want take man power to go thru, put into spreadsheets, etc.

A lot of what needs done to Poser is common sense if you actually use the program. But we all know all to well that common sense, isn't always that common.

My guess is that they have far more to worry about right now than what users want in the program anyway.

Just about everything anyone has asked for, wished for, etc, has already been brought up in the beta program as well. If it has not, all it will take is someone on the new beta team to add it to the list.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 3:06 PM

shvrdavid posted at 4:06PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4356990

Polls present an issue thou. Choose from the following - may not have what you want in it.

Surveys that people type in what they want take man power to go thru, put into spreadsheets, etc.

A lot of what needs done to Poser is common sense if you actually use the program. But we all know all to well that common sense, isn't always that common.

My guess is that they have far more to worry about right now than what users want in the program anyway.

Just about everything anyone has asked for, wished for, etc, has already been brought up in the beta program as well. If it has not, all it will take is someone on the new beta team to add it to the list.

Exactly. There's that common sense again 8-)

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 3:45 PM

shvrdavid posted at 1:45PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4356990

So is this entire thread a waste of time?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 4:32 PM

quietrob posted at 5:27PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4357003

shvrdavid posted at 1:45PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4356990

So is this entire thread a waste of time?

Perhaps not so much a "waste of time" as it is "too early". It's only been 3 and a half weeks since the announcement, and I'm sure there is a lot of back end work to be done first to get things up and running, in addition to getting a team together for what lies ahead.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 6:25 PM

No, this thread isn't a waste of time.

If someone brings up something that has not been previously brought up, then it can be added to the list of things that are in the beta area for Poser. Not everyone is going to run into the same issues, and anyone could come up with an idea that no one else has thought of.

It is early in the process, so when things will happen is anyone's guess at this point. But that should not "mute" threads like this.

What I may see as a priority, might not be the next persons either. That's hard to judge in a pool of beta tickets. You don't get the same tickets over and over. For the most part if I see a ticket filed on an issue that I found as well, I don't start another one that is basically the same thing. So how do you weigh those tickets to prioritize them?

The easiest way is in a forum, getting people to list what they think is most important to them.

Making a poll or survey on Beta tickets isn't really possible, simply because there may be things in Beta that are for a future release, and may not even end up in the release at all.

I'm not sure if I am explaining this right, but I hope everyone can see my point.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 7:16 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2019 at 7:20 PM

shvrdavid posted at 8:15PM Sun, 14 July 2019 - #4357020

No, this thread isn't a waste of time.

If someone brings up something that has not been previously brought up, then it can be added to the list of things that are in the beta area for Poser. Not everyone is going to run into the same issues, and anyone could come up with an idea that no one else has thought of.

It is early in the process, so when things will happen is anyone's guess at this point. But that should not "mute" threads like this.

What I may see as a priority, might not be the next persons either. That's hard to judge in a pool of beta tickets. You don't get the same tickets over and over. For the most part if I see a ticket filed on an issue that I found as well, I don't start another one that is basically the same thing. So how do you weigh those tickets to prioritize them?

The easiest way is in a forum, getting people to list what they think is most important to them.

Making a poll or survey on Beta tickets isn't really possible, simply because there may be things in Beta that are for a future release, and may not even end up in the release at all.

I'm not sure if I am explaining this right, but I hope everyone can see my point.

Agree here. It's important to know what your customers think is important, even if it doesn't make the list nor is it a "bug." It's just a list of what customers want to see.
Polls and surveys (and forum posts) are a self selecting audience, and not a broad base of your actual customers. I base this statement on the fact that 90% of my buyers have never posted in a forum or gallery on this website.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2019 at 11:43 PM

I don't know...

Well, to continue the digression from wish list to the survey. I can remember when Rendo held a survey and everyone got a real marketplace item! Perhaps 3 Free items! That 90 percent number sounds spot on but I think when presented with a chance to get something for free, human nature takes over and perhaps half of that 90 percent will fill out that survey and Renderosity, aka our Poser Overlords, can get that information.

"I can't pay enough for good information these days." - Gus Sands

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2019 at 3:13 AM
Online Now!

Bring back Poser Debut and make it FREE.

Seriously.

Treat it as a loss leader.

This is how you attract new customers and compete with other software that is and has been free for years.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2019 at 3:38 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2019 at 3:50 AM
Online Now!

As for the rest of my wish list items

I'm primarily a figure artist, so the majority of my list is specific to figure creation and rigging.

Improve the "Copy Joint Zones From" menu option so that I can select from a menu which zones to copy and which ones to ignore.

Often times I am working on transferring portions of a rig from one version of my figure to a new version and currently I have to do that manually. The amount of time this takes is mind numbing when I have to copy each map from one joint to its corresponding joint on the new rig one at a time and I have 20+ joints each with 3 to 5 (sometimes more) maps to copy. I need a menu system that will allow me to select which maps to copy and ignore the rest.

Allow geometry to be updated on the fly without breaking the rig.

I'm sure this is due to how Poser handles figure geometry and breaks it up into groups, but once that issue is fixed (and it absolutely has to be fixed), there should be a way for Poser to update a model with modified geometry without breaking the rig or creating invisible vertex anomalies that can't be removed (as is currently the issue). A way for Poser to analyze the current model and update it with the geometry changes.

Fix geometry swapping so that it does not break weight maps.

We need to be able to add and remove body parts without breaking existing weight maps. This applies to a lot more parts than just the naughty bits. Hooves for feet, horns, tails, extra arms, etc. Those maps could be stored in a cache or some file structure where they're referenced depending on which geometry is active.

Make weight maps injectable and usable with different character shapes.

I know there are ways to do this manually via editing the cr2, but this needs to be built into Poser so that various character shapes can all be housed in the same base mesh and still transfer correctly to conforming clothing.

UV Swapping

Self explanatory. Larger characters need different maps so their textures aren't stretched. Older textures could be applied to new figures if those new figures could use older UVs.

Grouping Tool Camera focus system

I know most people use external software to create groups. But since P10/2014 Poser's grouping tool got a major overhaul and became much friendlier. I still use it when I can, instead of having to go to blender or somewhere else to set up groups. But the main issue that holds the grouping tool back is its inability to focus the camera on the geometry you're trying to select. Fix this so that the camera can focus on polys that are selected so that we aren't forced to constantly reposition the camera. Once that is fixed there should be no reason for anyone to feel the need to use blender or any other software for grouping.

Restrict To" Bug in Weight Map menu

There is a bug in the restrict to menu that often prevents selection from the menu. I have to tab out of Poser and back in or change display option in order to get the menu to respond.

Better dynamic clothing system.

Better dynamic hair system.

My list goes on but these are the ones on my mind right now as they'd be really helpful with what I'm working on at this moment.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.