Fri, Aug 2, 11:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 7:00 pm)

Subject: It's quiet. Almost too quiet.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2024 at 6:12 AM
Razor42 posted at 7:56 PM Sun, 14 April 2024 - #4483603

@FirstBastion I thought you would like this.

Top 100 3D Artist Montage | Eternal Ascent

WUwv3uiHRcbGhsEGveGjxKFT9qSTMLOVTL46UfmP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNjMSFLkMZA

Yup, that's life in a nutshell, always climbing, ever upwards, that's the journey...

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2024 at 1:25 PM

Your new Torrential Waterfall Cliffs product looks nice indeed! Is the fall itself fully modelled or did you use opacitymaps?

FirstBastion ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 5:59 AM

The waterfalls water is a 3D model.  I'll try to get a picture uploaded of it on its own today. 

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 7:07 AM

Cool!

FirstBastion ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 6:33 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 6:33 PM

3d waterflow,  from left and right.

9dcQm6MEcrGydzyropFtvXZoUgopgaptBJqXHDfl.jpg

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 7:56 PM

I love creating artwork, I don’t really need AI to help me enjoy what I am doing. I may not be great compared to others or even AI but I do like my own ideas and creations, some more than others. That being said you don’t need to use it if you don’t like it, you still do have a choice, and if you do like it have at it. So far last I look our free will is still available …. For now.

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 12:15 AM
FirstBastion posted at 6:33 PM Wed, 17 April 2024 - #4483718

3d waterflow,  from left and right.

9dcQm6MEcrGydzyropFtvXZoUgopgaptBJqXHDfl.jpg

Nice, thanks a lot:)

cSb1902 ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 AM
SAMS3D posted at 7:56 PM Wed, 17 April 2024 - #4483722

I love creating artwork, I don’t really need AI to help me enjoy what I am doing. I may not be great compared to others or even AI but I do like my own ideas and creations, some more than others. That being said you don’t need to use it if you don’t like it, you still do have a choice, and if you do like it have at it. So far last I look our free will is still available …. For now.

Agree 100%. I enjoy creating Daz renders as much as I enjoyed painting and sculpture. I also enjoy post-working renders to resemble paintings or other styles needed for specific projects. Sometimes a bit frustrating when I can't find the right model for a scene (especially when not available as a purchasable product or generous freebie), but pretty rewarding when I can kit-bash or create said model on my own.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Artists will always be artists. Creating,  and expressing their creativity.

mouser ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 7:57 PM

I have found myself back here at the Renderosity forums as Daz3d forums are taking weeks to clear my replies on their forums.

Or they are simply deleting them altogether, they don't seem to be as tolerant of critic these days.

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 1:19 PM

Hmm. I don't do Daz3D anymore, and never used Poser (strictly Blender these days), but the thread header lured me in. I've been signed up with Rendo since 2002(?) but haven't posted anything but pics after 2012 (life & stuff). So I finally show my face here again with a couple of Blender render uploads, and lo! how quiet the site appears to be! I kinda drifted away as the site seemed to get ever more exclusively Posery (my thing is 3D modeling, mostly with Blender these days).

It's interesting to be back.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2024 at 9:21 AM

mouser posted at 7:57 PM Wed, 22 May 2024 - #4485165

I have found myself back here at the Renderosity forums as Daz3d forums are taking weeks to clear my replies on their forums.

Or they are simply deleting them altogether, they don't seem to be as tolerant of critic these days.

Someone else that's been put in the "naughty corner".

Break the forum tos to many times and you get put on "pre-moderation", this means your posts all go into a queue to be checked by the forum staff before it get's allowed onto the forums, so basically if your post hasn't shown up after 12 hours it probably never will.

I've been calling content creators "lazy" and "stupid" for the half assed crap they've been doing lately, and that's what "finally" got me on the list.

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Bejaymac posted at 9:21 AM Fri, 24 May 2024 - #4485233

mouser posted at 7:57 PM Wed, 22 May 2024 - #4485165

Someone else that's been put in the "naughty corner".

Break the forum tos to many times and you get put on "pre-moderation", this means your posts all go into a queue to be checked by the forum staff before it get's allowed onto the forums, so basically if your post hasn't shown up after 12 hours it probably never will.

I've been calling content creators "lazy" and "stupid" for the half assed crap they've been doing lately, and that's what "finally" got me on the list.

I, too, have been threatened with pre-moderation recently. I don't even have to break the tos to get comments removed. For example, I asked rhetorically: "Why does witchcraft have a monopoly here?" That was deemed "past the bounds of reasonable conversation." Another comment that they removed was, "Daz's new image nudity policy is a good idea since 3D p0rn is their last remaining niche due to restrictions by many AI platforms."

On a thread about Adobe's new terms notifying users that they claimed the perpetual right to use anything on YOUR hard drive for their purposes, I commented that "People refuse to believe what they see, hear, and experience because their minds will not allow it. The best con games succeed when the mark defends the con, thereby becoming an accomplice in their own victimization." That comment was removed for being "contentious" and "demeaning an entire class of people." We are living in a Kafka story. There shall be no acknowledgment of what is happening. To be mildly hyperbolic, as Edward Snowden said, "When exposing a crime is treated as a crime, you are being ruled by criminals."

FirstBastion ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 4:00 PM

For the record, even I was put into pre-moderation limbo for a month or two. Admittedly  I was getting a bit snarky, so lesson learned and all that. I'm involved in other more interesting endeavours now.   In the end,  forums posts have minimal impact out in the real world,  The reality is, we live in a world of sheeple who will blissfully continue to be manipulated in the name of convenience.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 4:05 PM
pearce posted at 1:19 PM Thu, 23 May 2024 - #4485200

Hmm. I don't do Daz3D anymore, and never used Poser (strictly Blender these days), but the thread header lured me in. I've been signed up with Rendo since 2002(?) but haven't posted anything but pics after 2012 (life & stuff). So I finally show my face here again with a couple of Blender render uploads, and lo! how quiet the site appears to be! I kinda drifted away as the site seemed to get ever more exclusively Posery (my thing is 3D modeling, mostly with Blender these days).

It's interesting to be back.

Its true, the galleries are a faint shadow of their former selves  like your ghost signs, faded and barely visible. There was a time one could expect to get a couple hundred views. Now it is a small fraction.  Can the trend be turned around?  hard to say,  time wil tell.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 5:28 PM

I agree.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2024 at 4:47 AM

TBH I'm surprised it took this long to do anything to me, in reality I should have been banned years ago, in the 12 or so years since they moved to that forum software, I've had thousands of posts deleted. I have 1800 posts to my name over there, but I'm sure my actual count is somewhere between 5K and 6K

arifzhafir ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 1:15 AM

Thanks, guys, for letting me know. I'd wondered what had happened to the dancing cat girl. You're right, 1stBastion, forum posts and comments are usually insignificant, and that's why their hamfisted policing and deletion is an issue. The quiet here was avoidable, but  it may be permanent at this point.

A couple of days ago on the Daz forums, someone posted that the Daz+ freebie shader included several pentagram patterns and had an SKU of 99666. So, I replied, "Repping for the beast. Throw up them sixes, people!" And inserted an image with 29 various celebrities making the 666 sign over one or both eyes. It hasn't been removed. I guess because I didn't blaspheme their god.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 9:25 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2024 at 9:26 AM
arifzhafir posted at 1:15 AM Thu, 20 June 2024 - #4486444

Thanks, guys, for letting me know. I'd wondered what had happened to the dancing cat girl. You're right, 1stBastion, forum posts and comments are usually insignificant, and that's why their hamfisted policing and deletion is an issue. The quiet here was avoidable, but  it may be permanent at this point.

A couple of days ago on the Daz forums, someone posted that the Daz+ freebie shader included several pentagram patterns and had an SKU of 99666. So, I replied, "Repping for the beast. Throw up them sixes, people!" And inserted an image with 29 various celebrities making the 666 sign over one or both eyes. It hasn't been removed. I guess because I didn't blaspheme their god.

Were you perhaps looking in the wrong thread? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8763536/#Comment_8763536

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2024 at 3:21 AM

RHaseltine posted at 9:25 AM Thu, 20 June 2024 - #4486464

Were you perhaps looking in the wrong thread? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8763536/#Comment_8763536
Try reading the post - you have missed totally what he said.

One of the reason I spend so little at Daz now is the biased moderation, I've had posts removed because moderators can't be bothered to read comprehensively and judge a post by who posted rather then content.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2024 at 9:42 AM
tparo posted at 3:21 AM Fri, 21 June 2024 - #4486492

RHaseltine posted at 9:25 AM Thu, 20 June 2024 - #4486464

Try reading the post - you have missed totally what he said.

One of the reason I spend so little at Daz now is the biased moderation, I've had posts removed because moderators can't be bothered to read comprehensively and judge a post by who posted rather then content.

Ah, missed the negation. Sorry.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2024 at 9:03 AM

I haven't been on Rendo much since the AI flap started and I burned my gallery. Now, ironically, some of Rendo's verbiage on the topic resembles my own. Glad to see @Sven_Dullah . I miss you on the Daz site! Ads are gone - have been for a while. I never saw one myself. I miss some of the people here. I think about maybe restarting my gallery and reconnecting with folks. We'll see. This forum has always been really slow. I'm still amused that Richard visits here.

I've written and deleted this post three or four times now. On one hand, silence speaks volumes. On the other, guess I'll press "Add Comment."

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

The entire community will always be better off with more options and more alternatives.  Monopoilies NEVER work out well for customers. 

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2024 at 2:51 PM

I agree, @FirstBastion . It won't hurt to stop by here and at least say hello. ;) I also do still occasionally buy something. But it's not like it was. >_>

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 4:38 AM

Torquinox

Tks for your kind words:) I can't see myself going back to the DAZ forums, although I miss parts of the community. I think their (DAZ) narrative is clear for all who want to see it...

To be honest, I feel a bit lost here too, don't have much to say to anybody, and (in my opinion) the galleries seem to be flooded with an endless stream of pinups/promo-renders that rather could have their own sub-gallery. As a newcomer here, I struggle to see the difference between users' artistic renders and promoting a character, outfit, morph or whatever...(rant over)

Haven't rendered much lately, too busy enjoying the Finnish summer at its best. Dammn, life is goood:)

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 7:06 AM

This really is a transition time. One thing about a forum that has almost no traffic.  You can pretty well make it whatever you need it to be. To paraphrase: If you post it,  they will come."

Rendo just introduced a new feature where you can filter out images in the gallery that don't appeal.  

more info here.  Important to note it is not really a block it is just a filter to hide.

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2987913/gallery-block-button

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 7:08 AM

It's always a good day to post a DS render.  4.16

3ab628d7505da6020dd95abf89b45457_original.jpg

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Until the site becomes a bit less stingy with their sales, I'm still only buying a select few items. They used to be less stingy, and I used to buy a whole lot more. And yes, site reps here know what I think - I've explained in excruciating detail. Meanwhile, DAZ site still gets the bulk of my content $$.

@Sven_Dullah Glad you're enjoying the Finnish summer! Daz site is Daz site, just like Rendo is Rendo. Both have their issues. Re: Renders: a lot of renders are, "Look at this cool product!" such that it could be a promo. A lot of the nudes, especially, are presentations of the figure. Yet, the product in the render is usually not exactly the product - This figure with that skin, changed the appearance with morph dials. Pose the figure, add hair, makeup, background, etc. Is that enough? Maybe making the render individually artistic and expressive means doing something more transformative to it. What will that entail? Maybe it also means adding narrative content - Putting the product to use in service of a story. Even then, it could still look like a promo. Making art is never *that* easy. We all do our best.

@FirstBastion Those folks are having fun. Cheers to that!

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 11:13 AM
FirstBastion posted at 10:36 AM Sun, 23 June 2024 - #4486578

The entire community will always be better off with more options and more alternatives.  Monopoilies NEVER work out well for customers. 

Again, agreed. It helps if the competition is actually competing, though. I don't think that actually happens as much as it could/should. I could be wrong. Possibly, they're using different models and it's working out great for everyone.

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2024 at 7:35 AM

@Torquinox, I understand what you're saying, and it was never my intention to criticize anybody...to each their own, for sure! At least the galleries are not dead, which is nice:-)

(Yeah, I never was a collector, always more of a user. If I'm missing something I go look for it or try to roll my own, with various success. The creative process is all that matters to me, when the render is done I lose interest and move on. We all have different motives.)

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2024 at 10:46 AM
Sven_Dullah posted at 7:35 AM Mon, 1 July 2024 - #4486919

@Torquinox, I understand what you're saying, and it was never my intention to criticize anybody...to each their own, for sure! At least the galleries are not dead, which is nice:-)

(Yeah, I never was a collector, always more of a user. If I'm missing something I go look for it or try to roll my own, with various success. The creative process is all that matters to me, when the render is done I lose interest and move on. We all have different motives.)

I didn't think you were criticizing anyone. It made me think, though. There was a guy doing some renders and playing a lot with lighting. He got good results and complained the renders looked like product promos. I thought the renders looked pretty good. Your comment touched on that idea. I think, How does one get beyond that? And it's true: We all have our own motives!

Sven_Dullah ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2024 at 3:50 AM
Torquinox posted at 10:46 AM Mon, 1 July 2024 - #4486930
Sven_Dullah posted at 7:35 AM Mon, 1 July 2024 - #4486919

I didn't think you were criticizing anyone. It made me think, though. There was a guy doing some renders and playing a lot with lighting. He got good results and complained the renders looked like product promos. I thought the renders looked pretty good. Your comment touched on that idea. I think, How does one get beyond that? And it's true: We all have our own motives!
Interesting topic! And a good story:)

FirstBastion ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 6:48 AM

Product promos motivation is to showcase the product in the best possible light showing the possibilities and functionality.

Artwork generally has a story or narrative that drives the concept of the image.  Very different purpose.

Give your art and characters in that art,  a motivating purpose and a backstory.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 8:41 AM

I have posted a bit in the Carrara forum here but too have the moderation issues wherever I go 🤣

Bought another lovely Hivewire3D, Ken Gillard product to add to my collection of things I need to get around to rendering, just too much stuffs, have lots of Dante stuffs too

I do use AI but refuse to pay a cent for it unlike 3D assets

I am actually using DAZ studio a lot though lately

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 7:19 PM
WendyLuvsCatz posted at 8:41 AM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487005

I have posted a bit in the Carrara forum here but too have the moderation issues wherever I go 🤣

Bought another lovely Hivewire3D, Ken Gillard product to add to my collection of things I need to get around to rendering, just too much stuffs, have lots of Dante stuffs too

You have mod issues here, too?! That's hard to believe. >_>  Have fun rendering, anyway.

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 7:19 PM
Sven_Dullah posted at 3:50 AM Tue, 2 July 2024 - #4486971
Interesting topic! And a good story:)
Thanks my friend!

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 7:25 PM
FirstBastion posted at 6:48 AM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487002

Product promos motivation is to showcase the product in the best possible light showing the possibilities and functionality.

Artwork generally has a story or narrative that drives the concept of the image.  Very different purpose.

Give your art and characters in that art,  a motivating purpose and a backstory.

That's a simplistic approach to making art. It limits the output to illustration. It would be rude to say that's all DS, poser or any 3D program is good for. It's common enough, but surely not the only way to make 3D art.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 7:55 PM
Torquinox posted at 7:19 PM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487025
WendyLuvsCatz posted at 8:41 AM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487005

You have mod issues here, too?! That's hard to believe. >_>  Have fun rendering, anyway.
only a couple posts in 14 years (I was not the only one in those cases) but there was a whole very active forum section I regularly posted in that disappeared 🤣

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 9:46 PM
WendyLuvsCatz posted at 7:55 PM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487028
only a couple posts in 14 years (I was not the only one in those cases) but there was a whole very active forum section I regularly posted in that disappeared 🤣
Hardly anything, except for the whole section that vanished. I see why you're laughing.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 4:12 PM

I rarely come here any more. The other day I got a bunch of emails about posts to a topic I had long ago forgotten about. So I came back and made one response to that topic.

Sometimes I feel nostalgic about Renderosity. There were some great memories before I self-destructed.

Moving right along.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.