Sun, Sep 22, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Farewell to PFO

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 10:17 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:25 AM

I tried. I really tried to remain calm, to give the benefit of the doubt, to make allowances for different opinions and points of view, but it has finally gone just too far. I have severed all ties with the PFO (I was never more than just a member so it's not a really big deal or anything). My reasons are my reasons and I did state them upon my departure. The following is the text of my final message at the PFO. "I have not been one to get involved in the politics and the behind the scenes stuff on these or any other forums, but I have finally had enough. Dave L's actions regarding a post by 2ndPlanet were just the last straw for this old granny lady. I will no longer associate myself in any way, shape or form with a place that not only allows and tolerates such behavior from its administrators but actually appears to encourage it. To be perfectly frank with you, right now I'm ashamed to admit that I ever even read these forums, let alone posted to them. So. You will not be seeing me here again. I'm sure this won't break anyone's heart and I sincerely doubt I will be missed. In fact, I wouldn't even have posted this but I just had to say my piece. P.S. Please delete my profile, membership, gallery postings, etc. I do not want my name associated in any way shape or form with this place." Well, looks like I'm officially off the fence. Kate

Freakachu ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:03 AM

Kate-- Never say "never". I have a suspicion that the PFO may reinvent itself with the remaining members. Or another split may find itself in the works. I'm starting to reconsider Willow's role in all this. I'm thinking she's some cosmic force that wreaks chaos in the Poser community--and from that chaos springs forth new forums. Considering the havok she and Grey have created at the PFO, I wouldn't be surprised if a new forum sprung out of this mess. It almost makes sense (in a sick Yuppie New Age way): Willow as Cosmic Chaos Mother. The stone from which all great stone soup is made.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:36 AM

Whatever it becomes, Freakachu, it won't be the "PFO" as we know it, and believe me, that will be a GOOD thing. I may wander over to see what, if any, changes are being made, but I will stand firm on my conviction not to hold membership in the PFO. Not so long as antics like those pulled by Dave L are condoned. It's immature, irresponsible, and if my son had ever done anything like that I would have knocked him senseless because I raised him to have better manners than that. What Dave did was beyond rude, it was the act of someone with no class or breeding whatsoever. I simply won't be associated with something like that. By editing and re-writing 2ndPlanet's post, he showed a complete disregard for any opinion other than his own. The very fact that he could do such a thing showed me that I could not be certain that my words, my thoughts, my opinions would not undergo the same treatment should he disapprove of them. He's an administrator, he has a responsibility to the membership. He betrayed that responsibility by altering that post. In all conscience, I simply cannot support a place where that happens. This time it was 2ndPlanet. Next time it will be someone else. I simply don't want that someone else to be me. Yes, it may have been only once, but it was still once too often. Kate

nicknoel ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:10 AM

Well Kate I hope you will stay here, among friends. If you don't, then good luck in all your endeavors. Nick Noel

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:16 AM

Oh, I'll be here, Nick. Only thing that would chase me out of here is the same sort of antics that drove me out of the other place. You know the saddest part of it all? None of it was directed at me. If it were directed at me, I would have stayed and fought, but it was seeing it happen to those around me that made me run for the hills. It was seeing that behavior praised and encouraged that sickened me. It was seeing not one single voice other than mine raised in protest of such injustice. My stomach is still churning over it. Kate

edarsenal ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:23 AM

::cracks his knuckles. Walks over and gives Kate a belly rub:: would ya like another wolf kiss, kate? (FYI see Tavern thread Just Leave The Bottle)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:26 AM

LOL

WarriorDL ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:48 AM

Blame the French L

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:49 AM

Hmmm...blame the French...hey, you know, that just might work!! Kate

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 2:29 AM

Allie, your husband can kiss me any ole time he wants, provided he has a signed and notarized permission slip from you. wink I know that severing my "official" ties to the PFO by cancelling my membership may seem cowardly to some, but to me, it was the most effective way of voicing my disapproval of the situation. Sure, I could have stayed and argued about it, but after thinking about the proper course of action, I felt that cancelling my membership made more of a statement than any words could have. It seems that many of us have forgotten the old adage "evil occurs when good men do nothing." I have done something. I may not have done much, and it probably will have little if any effect, but at least I acted and my conscience is no longer nagging at me about my association there. Kate

3DSprite ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 6:49 AM

By no means are you cowardly Kate!! In fact what you have done is very brave and VERY commendable; sticking up for your friends and your beliefs!!! You have put yourself right into someone elses line of fire, taking the bullet for the other person so to speak. I find that very honourable and couragious to say the least!! Something does not necessarily have to affect us directly to make us not wish to use it anymore. It is many times the result of what happens to others, friends, associates, just folks in general, that can make us deter from using something. The AD for a wonderful shiny, colorful, nice smelling shampoo can boast all it wants about how great it is, if enough people that used it come forward to tell you how it turned their hair green and made it smell like sardines, I am sure you would not rush out and buy it; in fact you would dump whatever supply you may already have of it!!! ~3DSprite :-)

2ndPlanet ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 8:23 AM

Kate, I wanted to poersonally thank you. You were the only one in that forum who seemed to see anything wrong with Dave'bhus b'havior and you were the only one on that forum who dared to speak out about it. I greatly respect and appreciate that. One more time for the record, I am mildly upset about such action but quite honestly I expected some harsh reaction to my post. If you jump into a fist fight you should expect to be punched, I guess I just didn't realise I had walked into a gun fight. Regardless, this behavior simply prooved to me what I already new, that forum is solely for staff members and those who agree with the staff members. It truly is lord of the flies over there with children leading children. I have chosen never to visit there again their lack of ethics, professionalism, and manors will never in my opinion truly change. For anyone who remains a member of the PFO good luck to you. just remember to always question if what you are reading is actually what that person wrote or if some staffer chose to change it. Well I am rambling, anyways Kate thanks. One more thing: I know you have already been criticised by some for posting this here. What I think they don't seem to grasp is this is the only place were you are aloud to have a voice and have that voice respected.

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 11:50 AM

2nd Planet--not to jump in, but even though I read it and deplored it, I've made a statement here I wouldn't post there--and knew it would be deleted anyhow. Not stealing from Kate's thunder--she did it regardless. Maybe that's the way to go--just 'delete' yourself from that forum. Think I'll do it and say why also--Kate--you're a role model, girl smile. Tell me, please, Kate isn't getting flak for posting this here--pleeeeeeeease?!? Diane B

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:16 PM

Figured I better post what I posted to PFO here 'just in case'. "I was appalled at Dave L's blatant 'formating' and change of 2nd Planet's post from yesterday. And then--the applause and agreement from other members. Does NO ONE see why this was wrong?!?!? And--he asked why it was 'racist'--well, if he doesn't see why, then he's obviously one of the least informed and more bigotted people on this planet. Please 'delete' me and my profile from this forum. I have not posted for several months because of several posts made previously that also went way over the edge, I felt. Now I'm TOTALLY gone--but I know this post won't stay on this forum long anyhow. For all the rest of the staff, I have only hope that you will be responsible and fair and straighten things out. Diane B/picnic"

2ndPlanet ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:27 PM

Diane, I am sorry if I didn't see that post. I appreciate anyone who had the clear sight and stregnth to cry foul. I especially appreciate it after how they saw I was treated. Thank you. As far as me yes I was out of line I am now willing to admit that i will be posting something about it very soon. Keep an eye out.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:18 PM

So far, I haven't recieved any flak over this, either public or private. I have recieved a few "there might have been a better way, but you do what you think is right" notes and a couple of "2ndPlanet isn't the only one they did this to" notes, but that's pretty much it. If the e-mails are correct and the editing of 2ndPlanet's posting was NOT the first time this happened, then I am even MORE convinced that I did the right thing. At least the right thing for ME. We have to make our own decisions and follow our own paths here. For those that remain a part of the current PFO, I wish them well and hope that they can finally make the place into the worthwhile resource that it once was and should become. They will just have to do it without me. And to those who have been so supportive, both publicly and privately, I thank you. I've been more sick at heart and sad than angry and I think that's what has been the most painful part of this. It would be easier if I were simply angry, but these were people I considered leaders, people I respected (well, some of them) for their talent, their knowledge, and their willingness to share that with the rest of us. There truly are some good people at the PFO, just as there are here and they are going to have a difficult task ahead of them. Kate

WarriorDL ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:22 PM

...damn French anyways :o)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:29 PM

ain't it always the way, Warrior? them dang French... ;^)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.