Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: BoyScot Bryce 5!!! Tell them what you expected them to include in it.

-Waldo- ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 8:43 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:51 AM

Bryce 5 sucks without animation import function. Corel better include it in Bryce 6 or give us free update for that function. We spent too much $$ on non-workable bryce program for years. Bryce 5 have no sense and its not worth to buy it. Corel will lose in Bryce business just like MetaCreation did, if they think they will make good business if they include that function in Bryce 7 version(I hope they will not do that). As you know MetaCreation lost Bryce because of their bullshit with bryce functions and they never provided import animation functions. Every other 3d program include that type of function to make the animation scene to work. It would be no excuse for Corel if they dont include it in next version of Bryce 6. Boyscott Bryce5 and return it back to Corel. Tell them your wish list that you expected them to include in version of Bryce 5 or 6. Test Bryce 6 before you buy. If Corel still won't provide that function then don't buy it and boyscott it!! Be with us as customer team. Waldoo

clay ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 9:47 PM

Well Waldo, for one, Corel acquired Bryce from metacreations when version 5 was halfway done, they just finished off what was there. As far as importing animation information, it's not really corel's fault, to import animation information from one app to another you have to have contracts with that specific software company that allows you to use some of their source coding of the app you are exporting from so that Bryce can recognize the file format. I'm sure the next version of Bryce will be a lot better.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 10:12 PM

Besides there are third party software which does just that. Natural Pose 2 and Susanna. I love Bryce!

-Waldo- ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 10:13 PM

Yes I know that Corel released Bryce with half way done by MetaCreations. But its still no excuse, Corel acquired the resonsibility of Bryce and they need to finish what is left in other half to meet customers' expections in Bryce 5. Tell Corel to finish the other half by returning bryce 5 software back to them and/or boyscot it. It was our money not their. If they want our money then they need give us what we want the features in Bryce. check this thread: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=678873 Waldoo

-Waldo- ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 10:24 PM

Aldaron yes third party is nice but it take alot of render time. Pose 2 sucks. Susanna is nice but alot of time consuming, too messy, too many troubles with organizing files and compress the frames. Wouldn't you like to have animation import feature in Bryce to make your work alot easier? Say you do want this feature in Bryce 5 aloud!! Waldoo

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 12:20 AM

Boycotting...it's useless once you have purchased the software there buddy, lol. But, I agree!...Corel needs to upgrade the animation import part of its program, along with some other things we would all like. But, the same is true with any company and its software, as far as us users are concerned ;o/ I'm sure Corel will address what is needed in Bryce to keep it viable in this market. From what Conan Hunter had said, Corel will also be introducing plugins, he did not say when, just that it would happen. I'm sure those plugins will serve whatever is needed/lacking in Bryce. I agree also with trying Bryce 6 when its demo comes out, spending $150 in upgrade bucks without trying it out first, isn't recomended. (I'm quoting the B4 to B5 upgrade price) I would never buy a car without test-driving it first. But, in case you still want to mail that Bryce 5 of yours back... Corel Corporation 1600 Carling Avenue Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1Z 8R7

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 12:38 AM

not sure I agree with 'animation' being a reason to not buy bryce. Bryce renders too slow to make animations in any decent amount of time. Of course, some of the hard core brycers do use it for animations..but I myself do not. My main blast with B5 is the render times. I dont use bryce5 any more (except for trees) because its just too dammed slow. I just have it on my computer now to answer questions. Otherwise, itd be a 'coaster' for my beer can while I work in Bryce 4. If 6 doesnt improve in speed, I probably will not get it. 5 lost some features that I used (probably just overlooked because they didnt know they were there cause its keyboard stuff) but with that and the increased render times...shrug anyhow, maybe 5 will import poser animations..but animations in general (ie keyframes from many apps like max, lightwave, and others) is probably just spitting into the wind. BT

clay ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 2:40 AM

With the implementation of network rendering I think animations render quite speedily, if you have a broadband connection you can even render over the net, maybe this is just a PC problem on rendering? I'm running OSX 10.1.4 and OS 9.2.2 on the macs and they both run just fine, of course setting higher premium settings will slow it down for sure, but that happens with all 3D apps, it's the nature of the beast, if we all had a 50 bank of puters all rendering on one thing, sure it would go quickly, but like the web it's a trade off of quality or speed. Nough said on this subject, this horse has been beat to death 50 times over already LMAO!!!:-0

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 3:49 AM

First of all it's boycott. And secondly bryce is worth it's money without animation-features wich are actually usefull. But I agree they have to add these to make the next version worht it's money, or they have to come up with some other great new features. As for brycetech. If you optimize your scenes animations are possible. For instance I'm working on a 5 minute animation and one frame of 720x576 takes only 3 minutes with aa turned on. And the image-quality is good. Optimizing is the magic word. Make your scenes efficit and bryce is capable of rendering animations in an acceptable amount of time.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 6:42 AM

Actually, I don't have much interest in animations at all. But I don't see enough in the way of improvements in B5 to make me really desperate to upgrade from B4.

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 6:58 AM

Rayraz, They can't come up with some other great new features without animation import function!! I would toss your head in the toilet! My Buddy Rayraz, Bryce have already went far too good and it doesnt need additional features for version 5. I love its render, toolbars, network render and some new little toys. What do we need network render for? Of course it is for animation! It is waste of few Ben Franklin bucks on it without animation import function. Who want Bryce 5 just to fly around a peak of mountain? LOL! Many former users left Bryce environment for other powerful and expensive application like World Builder. I am more comfortable with Bryce because of simple toolbars and some other features. The complication toolbars in world builder is too terrible and confusion. I am trapped with idiot world of Bryce and complaining endless about single feature that it really need. To get myself out of insane, I might will have to use my credit card to buy World Builder because they volunteered to make Poser Propack plug in to work with it http://www.digi-element.com/posersupport.shtml I will just wait for last time to hear from Corel's new release statement about Bryce update or for the next version. I hope Bryce is in right home. Waldoo

ajtooley ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 8:13 AM

Ain't capitalism great? In other words, no one is stopping you from buying another app that will fulfill your needs. Quite a few of us are far less interested in animation than in large single-frame renders (print-resolution poster-size work would benefit from network rendering, by the way, so thinking that network rendering is only for animation is naive). Maybe --just maybe-- Corel knows more about its market than you do. (I've been a Brycer since 1.0, when there was NO animation, so I've always understood that --no matter how much people wanted animation, no matter how cool it is, and no matter how much I enjoy dabbling in it-- Bryce's original and primary intent was and is as a single-frame renderer. You might as well be upset at Adobe for not including 3D animation capabilities in Photoshop.) Ever hear of the three-headed beast of business? Quality, value, and speed. You get to pick two, because the product or service that comes with all three is either not achievable or is deeply flawed in a hidden way. You want Corel to up Bryce's quality and speed up renders while keeping the price low? Not gonna happen, because the customer is going to have to be charged for the efforts to improve quality and speed, which means your low price went out the window. Want to improve quality but keep the price low? That means they'll hold off on fixing render speed for a few more versions. Faster renders and low price? That means few, if any, new features. You get the drift?

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 10:27 AM

sorry still like the landscape tool...after all that's what bryce is...better go to another app for animation. As for render times..paitience is a virtue.

Tirjasdyn

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 10:40 AM

From what I recall, Metacreations divested itself of most of it's 3D applications because they were redirecting their focus to Metastream technology for the web. They sold Poser, Bryce, Carrera, Infini-D, Ray Dream Studio and a few others AFTER acquiring them all from other companies a few years before. As far as I know it had nothing to do with them "losing Bryce" to Corel. I like Bryce5 personally, you want higher end animation tools? Plunk down several grand for Maya, Lightwave or 3D Max. Just don't expect to make Star Wars with a $300 app. You get what you pay for, in Bryce's case you get a bit more.

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 10:55 AM

3 minutes a frame is great..even 15 minutes is great...even 30 minutes is great however, I dont make scenes that take 3, 15, or 30 minutes. Not sure I've ever done that. Debbie'd beat me up if I did :P My scenes in general, take days..sometimes weeks, because I like detail. so if my average scene takes 8 days to render on bryce 4 its no real big deal cause I was used to it. But when 5 came out, tests were done and it was shown that 5 renders ~15% slower on pc's (for the exact same scene)...and really, no big difference shown in render quality. Especially none to account for the increased time. And B5 also imports objects MUCH slower than 4. as for optimizing, Im the one who posted how to do that. I can indeed MAKE bryce 5 render as fast as bryce 4 for the same scene, but I shouldnt have to do that. It just looks like theyve adjusted the priority of bryce renderings in relation to other things happening on your computer so that if anything else is happening at all, it slows down. This could probably be but back the way it was if an option was put in the preferences for 'priority' and not forcing a programmed priority on a user. but like clay said, this horse has been beaten until its nothing but dust. I only use 5 when I want trees or to answer questions. I have all windows versions of bryce as well as other apps I can use if I want. Its just that my primary interest is/was bryce..and I hate to let that go. It's kinda sad. BT

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 1:47 PM

Ajtooley, You missed the point about animation for Bryce. It have alot of animation tools in it, I can say about 98 percent in it are animatable. Two percent missing is the animation import function. Bryce have great render, color is great, and detail is very impressive. World Builder render kinda look lame maybe isnt my type. If Corel include the animation import function I would buy it at any cost and I even would sell my house for it. Some people here already said that they love Bryce's renderer and that their single frame is beyond beautiful, wouldn't it be nice to have that animation function to make your movie beyond beautiful with pooser models instead of single frame? Who want to argue that with me? Waldoo

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 2:08 PM

I will. I agree it would be nice...if i were an animator. But guess what I'm not. It seems that most of the posts show that others aren't either. So I defend Bryce as a still renderer. I bought it for those capabilities. Perhaps you should change your tune to: "Corel...make me an animation program based on bryce" INSTEAD, of change bryce. Its nice to know you can afford to morgage your house just for bryce. I bet 90% of the people her can't.

Tirjasdyn

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 2:43 PM

If I sold my house just for the price of Bryce I would live on street and use street lamp as power source for my computer to operate Bryce program. I would hate when the city have to turn street lamp off for during the day. LOL Waldoo

Art_4 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 3:42 PM

I Guess this Dicussion is a 2 sided battle. If you are a big Animation artist, then it is a big deal, but for those of us who use Bryce for Landscape Making it's a great Program, and yes, Bryce needs to improve, but it will evolve slowly, dont expect to have the most perfect program over night.(and Boycotting would not be a good Idea, Corel Makes great software) Art

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 6:02 PM

Well I would like to see animation import capabilities. I would also like to say that I don't blame Coral for the lack of it ( for poser anyway ). When I bought into the idea of one company manufacturing all my software, it seemed like a great idea. Surely with one company creating all the 3D software ( I needed ) it would only be a matter of time before they worked together totally... ( wrong ). After I bought Bryce I contacted Metacreation and was told Poser animation to Bryce was one of the priority on the list. So I bought Posers and RDS, then KPT 5 & 6. Next I was getting painter 6, but as we all know Meta... dropped the ball, and dumped their software. For what Metastream....LOL ... Now for the Poser to Bryce it will have to be with the cooperation of Curious Labs. It wouldn't surprise me if CL says we want a License for each computer running Bryce Lighting to render the animation. What I would like to see is Plug-in support, and let the 3rd party developers go to town. Hey BT... you want fast rendering ( without loss of quality ) Try Electric Image Universe. What takes Max, Lightwave or C4 one or two hours to render, can be rendered in EIU in 12 to 15 minutes. ( character animation too ) It also has ( what some users say ) the best modeler available. With it's ACIS technology and a tool set that's fantastic. Not only NURBS curves, but NURBS suffices and solids, with subdividing.

Stephen Ray

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 8:27 PM

I blame everything to Corel because they released incompleted Bryce version 5 into market. They done that just to steal some Ben Franklin bucks from customers. It would be nice to have Curious Lab as a third party plug in for ProPack to work with Bryce. I haven't hard a rumor about that yet. I just spoke with Bryce Tech Support representive he mentioned that next version will have animation import function. Hooray!! Can't wait to know when they will release it. Waldoo

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 10:15 PM

It would be nice if Corel release update with animation import function for Bryce 5. Corel would gain tremendous trust from customers for next and future versions of bryce. Waldoo

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 10:52 PM

Stephen...got the 3D Toolkit? Yeah Universe is a great package...and speedy. People complain to much. If you don't like the software..don't buy it. And don't use it, return it..and don't complain.

-Waldo- ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 11:26 PM

Nicholas, (sigh) If you don't like this forum then don't come to post your message. This forum is for people who are interested to read and post messages regarding the topic I made. Why should you complain about our forum when you are complaining about how we complain blah blah blah what the hell were you thinking? By the way you are uninvited. Seems to me that you have lack of knowledge about American history. If there was no complaints at all there would be slaves, dictatorships, and business schemes treating us like animals. If people don't complain then how can customers' wish list be heard for Corel to make improvements in Bryce? I like Bryce a lot and it has some valuable which that is why I complain a lot about s single tool that I need to use for my project to succeed. Do me a favor delete your lame message. Waldoo

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:29 AM

Waldoo, Could you just take a look at these messages and then try to explain why all these suggestions couldn't make bryce 6 worth it's money without an extra animation function: 1.I just read a message by Art_4 and he asked if there is any news about Bryce 6 yet. I figured that it would be nice to make a list of things we 'Renderosity-Brycers' would like to see in bryce. So lets all place our Bryce6-Wishlist uphere and maybe we can push Corel to include some of the things we would like to see.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:30 AM
  1. Here's my wishlist for now: 1. The skylab is great so wy not make it the best on the market. Let's include the ability for multiple suns, planets, moons stellar nebula's and so on. It would be nice if you could import your own planet-, sun-, nebula-maps. More advanced things such as celestial objects interacting with each other. Like a black hole sucking stallar gas out of nearby stars/suns. The same thing can be used for systems with multiple suns. More advanced cloudmovement would be nice too. And how about more than two cloudlayers. Importing your own textures for stars and starmaps would be nice too. 2. The treelab should be modified so that you can import all kinds of props like flowers, fruits, different leafes, and of course some nice extra controls for these objects. Wind should be nice too, in order to animate the leafes. A separate mode for smaller plants, not only for trees. 3. The metaballs are nice but how about setting a meta-switch to all the objects so you cannot only let balls melt together, but cones, cilinders, latices and so forth too. 4. The multireplicator is great for create some special effects, but it's not always good enough. Let's introduce a particle system. 5. Animating is nice, but what Bryce doesn't have is a collission-detection and physics system. That would be very handy. 6. Fluid-dynamics would be nice too, the water can look to unreal when animating it. 7. Making IK-lab would be nice to make character-animation a bit more easy. 8. More advanced moddeling tools are a must. How about Nurbs, Subdivision-surfaces or a modelling-system like Amapi has with drawing lines to sketch out a model. 9. Image based modelling. 10. Multiple render-modes. It would be nice to make some other non-raytracing modes too. If you could set these per texture you can really improve rendertimes. 11. Multiple layers. If you can rerender just those objects that you have edited you don't have to rerender the rest of the scene. This increases the work-flow. 12. More advanced export features. It would be nice to export all your Brycian models and not just luntains and lattices. Well this is about it. What do you 'Brycers' out here think?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. Well you mentioned just about everything I'd like included. Just to add with wind also gravity. As for #11 you can do that with plop render.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. better coastlines (seafoam near the coast, maybe using a mapping mode that detects how close the water plane is to the nearest object underneath, and a wave lab) 2. more realistic stars (as in, not fat and gray) 3. trees with twisted branches and gnarly trunks, or at least the ability to have metaballs to interact with them to create this effect I also add my vote to the small plants, the more advanced modeling tools, and the exporting. The skylab as rayraz described it sounds really cool, but it also sounds really difficult to do all in one version and make it not buggy.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:31 AM
  1. I would ask for a couple of things above, but more importantly, a faster render engine.. Although people wiht Macs claim that the renders are the same as Bryce 4, the pc people know that they are quite slow... Also, fix the tree lab so we don't get those indentations in the trees, and of course, additional vegetation would be a plus...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. And lets not forget a faster rendering system!!!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. 1.Definitley more export options such as obj even of boolean models...This is paramount to haveing a lasting product that would be bought by the masses,also a uv mapping editor would be sweet too so we would be able to make templates for our different models... 2.The legal option to make a texture in Bryce's Texture editor and use in another program legally...I know I might get flack about this but I feel that if COREL would give the artist the legal right to export and use a texture he/she made in Bryce and import into another 3D program such as Max and Lightwave or even Maya and Softimage would really set the market on its ear and be bought by more artist just for the texture editor alone...The texture Editor I feel is the best on the Market bar none... 3.A modeling system like truespace has I have Truespace SE which I bought for 15$ US and I think it has one of the easiest and fastest modeling system...And for the price I bought it for is one of the cheapest...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:32 AM
  1. 1 Fast rendering of course, usable volumetrics 2 INTERFACE OVERHALL, Its time for multiple displays, make it look like Carrara. Open GL 3 More intuitive texture editor 4 global exposure slider A La Vue D'Esprit 5 sort the duff skies out.Suns that actually look bright,not a duff hard edged flat disk. editable moons and planets,Ability to ad more than two cloud planes, ability to edit them with slider controls separately. 6 plants, with export ability (the will never do it I know) 7 the ability to alter terrain meshes in true 3d not just grey scale info to give Bryce the ability to generate asymetrical rock forms..if this can be done without turning it into a full blown modeller, a move that would probably shoot up the price. Could this be done with just mesh subdivide and magnet tools, posibly ad true displacement using Bryce procedurals?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:32 AM
  1. Here's some suggestions I think could be fairly easily implemented into Bryce. And would not require redoing Bryce completely. To make Bryce a full blown modeling app I believe would drive the cost from a low end $300 to a midrange $1000+. Which I personally don't want to see happen. Not counting all the bugs and crashes that come with completely rewriting code. Anyway here's mine: 1.Shrub & flowering plant lab. 2. Metaball lab. 3. A primitive lab, with more variety of primitives, tetrahedron, hexagons octagons ect.. and deforming tools. 4. More drawing options in the Terrain Editor, Brush shapes & types, pressure, flux or spacing, the ability to use plug-ins ( kpt, like in the Picture Editor ). 5.Sky lab enhancements to also include space ( nebulas and such ) and underwater effects. Put some images we can use in the man on the moon easter egg, B5 has no images and B4 has a bunch of programmer faces which are basically worthless. 7. Real parallel lights, you know the kind that represent real sun or moon light. 8. More rendering effects, motion blur, radiosity, global illumination, ect... 9. A rendering tab on the object attributes menu, so rendering effects can be turned on or off per object or group ( AA, raytracing, Radiosity, ect...) 10. The ability to support 3rd party plug-ins, so people who want Bryce to do more can specifically buy what they need or want. Instead of forcing people to pay more for something they may never use or want.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:33 AM
  1. More readily able to import animations form Poser. Yez, Waldoo, this is what you mean isn't it?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. 1 beter color picker the slidebar is too crappy 2 backward compatiability 3ability to work on hidden items inside other things bryce has math problems that show up when you push the shell and these need to be addressed, we have all done things that have gone schizen on render right. heirarchy editor that can be used with ease.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. Reddog, hold the Ctrl & Alt keys when clicking on any of Bryce's color palettes, to bring up the OS color selector.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:34 AM
  1. Lol! With thios kind of wish list Corel might as well buy over 3D Studio Max! ;-) But the wish list is definitely a great idea! Lemme draw up mine and post it! :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. Mine is: 1.Faster Render Engine! 2.Easier to use Tree Lab 3.Realistic Stars and Comets and Galaxies. 4.A Terrain Editor compatible with Photosohop or Painter. 5.A Sun and Moon Lab. 6.Texture Maker 7.Below $500. :-), Well that's Mine, I guess we all have a little bit of something. My DREAM BRYCE 6!!!!!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. Add a mesh Lab and other tools for mesh manipulation like the ability to work more with tools like Lathe and more interactive boolean objects - metaballs are a start but give me a metball that I can grab the mesh of. I want to pull on the polygons and push on the booleans. . .

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

1. based on past releases of Bryce, you will probably NOT see most of what you have listed above in Bryce6. Realistically, I can see the tree lab change to a plant lab. They will probably redo the look of the interface since its so dammed ugly now. and then of course, they will find a way to make it take longer to render. after that..they will call it an "upgrade" and slap 150 bux on it and send it out. hows that for pessimistic?(sp) :P BT

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:35 AM
  1. I'd like for it to work on WinXP. I bought the upgrade which worked on my Win98, but has never worked on WinXP. After several months I was finally told by someone in support at Corel that Bryce 5 wasn't "completely compatible with WinXP", whatever that means. I'd also like to see a better interface that enlarges to fit larger monitors and better rendering time.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:35 AM
  1. Heres my wish list for Bryce 6! : Terrain Editor: - The KPT Gel technology is already with Corel! What if they were to incorporate this into the terrain editor? i.e. have more brushes like twirl, knife, eraser, magnet, bulge etc! - Of course nothing like having a terrain editor which allows you to paint in all three planes viz. XY, XZ, YZ plains! SLURP!!! That would definitely take things to a new height! - What if we could import and export image files from the terrain editor? Right now one has to go about it in a round about fashion. Export as PGM. Use an image converter, convert it to Tiff file and then work upon it in an image editor. - Also a plug in which would convert an object/primitive file into a terrain (i.e. provide the right gradient for say an egg shape into a gradiant map! : Presets for multireplicator and means to interactively tweak it! (A multireplicator lab if you will!) : SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME A MIRROR TOOL!!!! Has anybody tried to create a right hand and then do the left hand all over again??? : Meta-primitives in meatballs. I.e. stuff like rounded cones, cuboids, cylinders, torus etc as well as adjustable surface tension! Ability to perform Boolean operations with them, or have them reacting with other primitives! : Means to export models made in Bryce! : I guess asking for an extrude/extrude along a path and lathe might be too much! In that case can somebody provide a pipe lab??? Have people tried to make pipes, ropes, wire in Bryce??? We have to bend over backwards and then try to catch our nose all the way around our toesif you know what I mean! : And finally, in case they continue to provide the FAST rendering solutions, can I adjust the price of Bryce with a return ticket to Mars??? :-P Well will add more if I can think them up!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:36 AM
  1. get customable workspace with multiple views and in perspective views rotation by right-mouse and on 2d views panning by right-mouse, zooming in/out with ctrl+mouse, in other words, look at Rhino3D. small plants lab is also something i would like to see. easier selection of objects proberly by using multiple layers (Rhino...). more rough brushes in the terrain editor, the kind that makes chaotic stones/cracks etc' sorta like mounds. better sclaing tools (Rhino again...) that's it for now, maybe i'll think of more later.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:36 AM
  1. The ability to select multiple items from the various "select" lists without having to go back to the entire list each time. (Does this make sense? Not sure I worded it so that it's understandable.) That's all I can think of at the moment.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:43 AM

Well I think I made my point. Try to beat me in argumenting now!! And do me a favor and keep your shit like: "Nicholas, (sigh) If you don't like this forum then don't come to post your message. This forum is for people who are interested to read and post messages regarding the topic I made. Why should you complain about our forum when you are complaining about how we complain blah blah blah what the hell were you thinking? By the way you are uninvited. Seems to me that you have lack of knowledge about American history. If there was no complaints at all there would be slaves, dictatorships, and business schemes treating us like animals. If people don't complain then how can customers' wish list be heard for Corel to make improvements in Bryce? I like Bryce a lot and it has some valuable which that is why I complain a lot about s single tool that I need to use for my project to succeed. Do me a favor delete your lame message." And: "Rayraz, They can't come up with some other great new features without animation import function!! I would toss your head in the toilet!" out of this forum. You're not making any friend this way. I hope this mesage/argment bomb will give ou something to think about. And if you want better animation-tools thengo buy Maya Complete, it's price has recently been lowered to 1499 and therefore it is now affordable for most people. And Maya is seriously good at animating.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

-Waldo- ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 11:46 AM

Rayraz, Your wish list is definatly fine. I would love to see a lot improvement in Bryce. With these features you want it would make Bryce a super program. Would you like to see it without animation import function? There, I made my point. About tossing your head in toilet. It was just for humor. Most of us have been waiting for Bryce to have that function for years since MetaCreations introduced animation tools in it. And I do not want you to make any influence to Corel developer that it is okay for Bryce not to have that function. Waldoo

-Waldo- ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 11:58 AM

Rayraz, You copied and pasted my message addressed to Nicolas86. His complain doesn't fit in this topic and he need to take it somewhere else. This forum is for people to freely express about Bryce relating to this topic. We do not need someone to tell us to surpress our complains that we want Bryce to succeed. Waldoo

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 12:39 PM

nu-be... You can switch from wireframe to direct3D or open GL and I think Sree(sp?) by click and hold over the box on the right side of the screen (the one use to switch from wireframe/render/reder with wireframe over), this will display in solid colors without any textures. As for different colors for the wireframe you do that by assigning the object to a family.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 3:50 PM

Dang guys...I'm gonna need a better video card just to display this thread, it's so big... -Waldo-, happy now, man? You talked to Corel and they said Bryce 6 would have animation import capabilities. Good news, to say the least! (they say anything else?) Actually, I meant to say (way up there) that Bryce 6 would probably HAVE to have some sort of new/better animation import abilities, since Vue 4 can directly import Poser files, and Corel would want to stay competitive. Plus, Curious Labs seems eager to make Poser VERY compatible with anything/everything, which is the best thing they could do for the program to help keep it becoming more widely used. (strangely worded, but you know what I'm saying) P.S. - Rayraz....wow, 21 posts in a row, must be a record. lol. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 4:21 PM

I agree AgentSmith, the more apps that support Poser animation = more people using it. You'd think that's what CL would want, not to mention people like me who haven't had any real reason to upgrade to Pro Pack. And with the new beefed up models Daz has been making lately, it could start being used in production work. Animation import, plug-in support, and maybe a few little add ons = me upgrading to Bryce 6

Stephen Ray

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 4:22 PM

rayraz...why didn't you just link to the topic instead of post the whole damn thing here. It isn't even coherent when it all comes from you.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.