Mon, Jul 8, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Image Resizing is really NOT a good idea

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:24 AM

As a refinement, just after the new
width: 100%;
in the
**.gallery_display_notes_cell
**insert:
text-align: center;

This will put the artist's notes nearly in the middle underneath the image, instead of off to the left.

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:49 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you... (I'm sure you get the drift).  Works perfectly on my box.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:03 AM

Peter,

Nice work on the CSS for the images. Works good. Now, one more little thing. Is there a way for us to use coding in our CSS Style Sheet to get rid of that pesky popup when the mouse moves over a thumbnail?

tainted_heart ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:53 AM

Thanks PJF, the CSS works fantastic. No more resized images and no extra "clicks" needed! Hopefully, whatever changes the programmers make won't interfere with the CSS. It's such a simple solution, I don't know why the "amazing" williamsn :rolleyes: didn't suggest it. Can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:04 AM

how many people know how to use CSS?

I didnt even know what it was until the forums switched over :

Cg Society Portfolio

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:08 AM

Quote - how many people know how to use CSS?

I didnt even know what it was until the forums switched over :

Neither did I can I still don't know how to use it, but with the help of some good people here and their suggestions on what to do, it's helped alot...but I still don't understand it.

bazze ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:09 AM

you're also expected to check your browsers image resizing algorythm (and do something about it)!

:)

www.colacola.se

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:25 AM

I heard that The Lourve is downsizing.    All images will be photocopied and displayed at around 75% of their  intended size.   The Lourve could give no real reason for this, other than they liked the way the gallery looked better.    Anyone who wants to see the pictures as the artists intended have to go though to another room for each picture.   In trials, it was found that most visitors didn't have the time for this and just looked at the cut down image.

A spokeman said that he thought the images looked great at the new size.   

(Intended with a huge smilie)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:31 AM

tainted_heart, you're welcome for the CSS stuff - but I must protest at your comments re williamsn.

He is a coder (a coding assistant, I think). He does the bidding of his employers (and lot more for this site besides - in his own time). I suggest you direct your irritation to the Renderosity seniors responsible for policy.

And there is no comparison between what I'm doing and what williamsn does. I'm dabbling with stuff I don't understand to achieve minor tweaks; he's helping keep a major world commercial website site going under extremely difficult circumstances. In fact, the only reason we can do this CSS stuff at all is that Renderosity coders enabled the feature...

If I'd been as amazing as williamsn at his young age, I'd be a lot further along in life at my starting-to-creak age. ;-)

Angelsinger ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:27 AM

Well, Safari = Mac only browser, so that was the 1st big clue right there. I love my Mac, too, but I use my PC far more because it's newer (better specs) and has a large screen.

That having been said: Can you PLEASE accomodate the majority? This makes no sense. The images look like absolute s***.

If anything, follow Acadia's suggestion and reverse the default. Let the image display at its original size, and allow the user to zoom out. I know you guys don't want large images stretching the tables in which they appear, and so this is your idea of uniformity... but it sucks. Out loud.

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:55 AM

You know, after changing to PJF's script, and looking at several images larger than 700 pixels wide, I don't see how it messes with the tables in any unsatisfactory manner.

In fact, for someone of my screen resolution (1280x1024) it removes a lot of that annoying white border on both sides of my browser that's even there here in the forums.

So the excuse for the tables seems to be an empty one that is simply being used so someone in charge here can pretend they're at Burger King by "having it their way" instead of listening to the users and doing the right thing.

I would like one of the PTB to agree to try seeing if some of the options people want are possible, instead of using "well, it'd mess with X other feature, so we can't", which I feel is a complete and utter cop-out.

Don't say you can't, find ways that you can.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

SkoolDaze ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:06 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:13 AM

Quote - OK, the galleries are back and still seem to be operating without the 700px hard code.

So take a look and see how well the gallery image display page works with full size images.

In the CSS where it says:
.gallery_display_image_cell
insert this: 
**width: auto;
**after the {

where it says:
**.gallery_display_notes_cell
**insert this:
**width: 100%;
**after the {

where it says:
**.gallery_display_details_cell
**insert this:
**width: 20%;
**after the {

I occasionally (very rarely) get a white bar down one side, but other than that this seems to work OK in IE and Firefox.

Save your CSS first in case you don't like it or make a mistake. That's all there is to it.

Thank you for this. It looks great and I have yet to see any issues in my gallery.

~

I appreciate everything that Renderosity does. For providing us an online art gallery as well as a forum to not only discuss art, etc... but to gripe and/or discuss site issues.  It is rare indeed where a private corporation on the internet listens to not only the concerns of its paying customers, but its non-paying customers as well.

So I say this with all the best of intentions. Allow a simple change like the one quoted above to be an option. It will appease us who want to see the full sized image in one click (and for those who are clueless about CSS) while maintaining the controlled uniformity you guys are looking for. If you really want to shrink/stretch images to fit the 700px width and make it 2 clicks to view the image the artist wanted seen, it is your site, but as a consumer I would ask if you would at least entertain the idea of allowing an option so that it is one click from the thumb to the image the artist intended...

Thanks and...

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

jdehaven ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:12 PM

Indeed the simple modification of the style sheet to enable the window to automatically size based on the image works beautifully- and this should just be set to the default css sitewide. Probably the simplest way to fix this issue period-- no programming the resizing of images upon upload, no hours wasted coming up with more code to throw at the issue.  Just make the few changes to the sitewide default css- problem solved!

originalkitten ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:44 PM

That script is awesome ty!!!!!! I wish Rosity would copy your script and put it in the coding so everyone gets that set up, or has the choice to it.

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Forevernyt ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:14 PM

As cliff-dweller said, when they black box the art, will this workaround still be effective? I'm with the majority on this one. I don't like the smaller version or the fact you have to click on the image. I also don't really like the huge popup box that shows up over the thumbnails.

Can we have the old galleries back? :)

And if anyone is totally dissatisfied with the new galleries, be sure to visit us at www.dreamslayerartworks.com.

MariaAJMD ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:31 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:34 PM

I don't like having to "click"  on a image "again" to see the image at the size and quality that the artist originially  posted it and find it a waste of my time to have to keep on clicking just to see the original image.   And the solution seems not a solution at all. Why then I'll have to upload the image twice, using more of my system recourses and also using more of rendo's bandwidth. Not such a great solution.

What I really want is the "option"  to chose to not have the resized versions of the images, to begin with. I'd much rather upload the artists original posted image in the first place than have to click again and wait for the image to upload for a second time.

Well, I said my two-cents worth now I'm crawling back into my hole.

Maria

Proud Owner Of

originalkitten ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:33 PM

Quote - As cliff-dweller said, when they black box the art, will this workaround still be effective? I'm with the majority on this one. I don't like the smaller version or the fact you have to click on the image. I also don't really like the huge popup box that shows up over the thumbnails.

Can we have the old galleries back? :)

And if anyone is totally dissatisfied with the new galleries, be sure to visit us at www.dreamslayerartworks.com.

Yup I agree hun....definitely should take a visit there!

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:38 PM

The coding PJF gave works beautifully. Thank you!

danamongden ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 3:54 PM

I am not a lawyer, but...

I was complaining about this to a friend of mine, and his response?

"If they rescale the image on the server, wouldn't they be creating a derivitive work?  As the copyright holder, you have to give permission for them to do that."

Sure, it would just be a TOS update to manage that, but I don't know how they could retroactively apply that to all the previously posted images.

Or, maybe... maybe we could just go back to having the full-sized image, eh?

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 4:47 PM

Having to  "click"  on an image "again" to see the "original image size and quality" is a waste of my time.. I sincerely hope that this feature be disabled by Renderosity.  I like many of the new changes, but certainly do not like the resizing of images. It's disturbing to most artist, (which BTW is R'osity's main CASH FLOW ) since most of us view the merchants images and then buy what we see. .it would be my guess that the MONEY spent in the Market Place  will start to be  'DOWNSIZED' if this doesn't get resolved...  

Thanks to PJF for all the CSS help..  At least I figured out enough of  it to get that white background turned OFF, and thanks to Cliff-Dweller for the link to this forum thread..

Imagination is the highest kite one can fly...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:20 PM

I typed in the line to center the text, but it didn't work...could someone please copy & paste there line of code here, for that particular line?

Shardz ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:24 PM

Thank you so very much PJF for the tweaks! I added those to my custom style and it works wonderfully! This is the way it should be; one click, one view. I don't think it will get any better than this...until they mess around with the code again.

As far as the site modifying our images and the legalities of it all, that definitely raises some interesting points. I don't spend all the time that I do on my work to have it anti-aliased, even my thumbnails are compressed with Ulead WebRazor and are thought out precisely to the kilobyte. Even though this is a free site, and Renderosity holds the right to run it the way they see fit, does that give them the right to duplicate, alter, and publically post our work as non-intellectual right holders of said works?

With the styles and these wonderful tweaks to the scripts that now enable the galleries to perform like they should quite efficiently, I really don't see a demand, need, or function that calls for duplicating and anti-aliasing anything whatsoever.

One click, one view. It's just that simple! I'm not sure why they are over complicating something so overly simple that is apparently already fixed, in my opinion. It's kind of like flying to Japan to eat sushi, or building a spaceship to get closer to the sun for a better tan. It just doesn't make any sence at all and I hope they take all this into consideration before the general populace rebels.

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:28 PM

Oh look the gestapo deleted my post

counting down the seconds til this one gets deleted too

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:08 PM

Here you go, dlk30341:

.gallery_display_notes_cell {width: 100%; text-align: center; background-color:#242935; padding:4px; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; }

Please note! This shows my colour scheme. Change the color codes to your preference before copying the text in. Type carefully - one error and that part won't work.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:17 PM

Thank you PJF, your CSS is exactly what I want for my gallery surfing - it is perfect for me. I am staring to warm up bigtime to the galleries with this.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:27 PM

Actually, I took one look at my gallery page and started deleting... Then I found the "Delete My Gallery" option.

That being said, I think that this was yet another change that was poorly planned, tested and implemented.

If Williamsn was the ONLY one who tested these changes, then R'osity dropped the ball (Yet again).

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:36 PM

Why did you delete your whole gallery? They have everything working well now and with the CSS it is behaving quite cool.

DrMCClark ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:46 PM

Just my $0.02, but a "resize" option really would be the best.  I've got dual 21" monitors at 1600x1200.  Why the devil would I want the images resized?

Matt

danamongden ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:58 PM

I just tried PJF's CSS changes, and HOORAY! They actually work.  I click the thumbnail and get the real image.  That should definitely be the default.  I'll probably want to tweak a few extra things, but that definitely fixes the core problem and eliminates 90% of my bad reaction to the new galleries.  If you haven't done it yet, you can make this change in Galleries, My Options.

Now I just have to hope this fix doesn't get broken by R'osity forcing everything back to 700 by changing the images on the server side.

Admins -- are you still there listening?

BlackSpartan ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:07 PM

Good job on the scripting, PJF. We do appreciate it.

That being said, wny did a user have to do it in the first place?

Most likely because someone else would not. Someone who's job it was to listen to us and fix it.

I'm going to get off my soapbox now, and let you get back to your day

DrMCClark ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:08 PM

Same here.  PJF's fixes worked like a charm.

MariaAJMD ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:17 PM

I couldn't get the script to work.   Though I tried. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Thank you for the Scripts anyway, PJF.  HUGS Maria

Proud Owner Of

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:18 PM

Reads thread, looks at Tim Gallery hoseup, Clueless Admin Tricks, Helpful User Tricks [Hiya PJF! :)], Clueless Admin Obfsucations ["No. We MEANT to do it that way!" buzzer! - that one doesn't work for my cats either], Flaming Member Implosions, Post Deletions... all we're missing is a "This Thread Is Going No-Where!" just before it goes to Coordinator Hell and disappears. And a Mid-Year Contest Conspiracy. You guys are having your Annual Company BBQ and Footshooting early this year again, huh? And you didn't even invite me! ;]p~ STOP that. You'll throw my calendar waayyy off, and next thing, I'll be sending out XMass cards in August. Shame on you. Shape up and get back on the Proper Schedule, like, right now or I'll send Kammerer over here to laugh at you as well. ;)

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:23 PM

Thats just plain nasty ironbear (LOL) I assume you are just joshing around as legume wasn't mentioned (that would be serious!)

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:30 PM

No... as annoying as this no doubt is to members who actually post to the gallery here, it is nowhere near an act of Unmitigated Malicious Rendowankery that would warrant the horrors of a threatened Leguming. ;) We save the Pink Ponies of the Apocalypse for things that deserve them. Like Tim's birthday party.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

onefromb5 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:52 PM

I say it sould be an option to let the member turn on or off the see the full size picture instead of having to click on a picture more than once to get it. thats a waste of time and for those of us that have dial up a real pain in the @$$. Renderosity admin should really think about this option. REMEMBER ADMIN IF WE(THE USERS) DONT POST THEN YOU HAVE NO SITE.

SeanE ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:54 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:55 PM

hmmm... seems I've really started something here...!

PJF --->

Can you post a full copy of the CSS code with your image width fixes included in the code where appropriate? I have already used your CSS code for the black background and grey text whch looks great.

It appears that people aren't happy with the changes and I agree with everyone who says that it shouldn't be up to the user to fix the probelm, but be the admin job to make the clients (the users) happy - not the other way around.

However if the admin aren't going to react - then power to the people! (in the form of the magicasl CSS code)

fires on the winter palace fom the battlecruiser Aurora

Natolii ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:12 AM

Quote - Why did you delete your whole gallery? They have everything working well now and with the CSS it is behaving quite cool.

My choice, isn't it? Call it the straw that broke the camel's back and leave it at that.

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:10 AM

Quote - Can you post a full copy of the CSS code with your image width fixes included in the code where appropriate?

There's a version of my CSS colour scheme with those fixes already included on this page:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2652220&page=2

Obviously folks will have to change the colours to their preference.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 7:34 AM

Thank you PJF :) Sorry for the late reply.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 8:05 AM

@ Natolii
Fair enough. Wasn't intended as a criticism, just a curiosity.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 8:19 AM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 8:24 AM

Ok, the problem still exists obviously.  Sure the CSS coding can help it - if you know to do it so that you can better see the images yourself.  Problem with that is if you know it's a problem then you already dismiss the compression and jaggies as an issue of the resizing.

however if you don't know it's an issue than you just think it's all jaggy and crap.

I just uploaded the first image I've done in a while, it's sized at something like 847 X 869 or something similar and yet though it's being resized only a small amount it is still jaggy andlooks awful.

Not a very good artistic presentation.  But then Rendo isn't about the art or artists anymore...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

danamongden ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 8:29 AM

As I said before, PJF's CSS fix does the trick, and I have a slim hope that R'osity will make that the default or at least a supported option.  However, I'm more concerned that the lack of responses from the admins on this thread means that they're proceeding with the BAD idea of forcing the resize at the server end, cutting the initial presentation of all of our art down to 700 pixels.

In the meantime, I'm holding off on my marketplace orders until this is resolved satisfactorily.  If you have similar feelings, I would encourage you to do so as well.  Sorry, vendors, but that's the one real stick I have available to use here.

Pity, too, because the floor tiles I wanted just went on sale.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 10:26 AM

Thanks PJ, works well. Could you possibly post your code for the forums as well? I missed it the first time around and would like the forums to be uniform with the galleries etc. You color scheme works well for me. Thanks.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 10:52 AM

"As I said before, PJF's CSS fix does the trick, and I have a slim hope that R'osity will make that the default or at least a supported option.  However, I'm more concerned that the lack of responses from the admins on this thread means that they're proceeding with the BAD idea of forcing the resize at the server end, cutting the initial presentation of all of our art down to 700 pixels."

Of course they're proceeding as planned. In the six plus years I've been coming here I can't think of one instance where they DIDN'T just go ahead with a bad plan. They don't have it in them to admit they're wrong until the proverbial shit hits the fan and they have no other choice. The big brother "we know whats best for you" attitude is encoded in their damn DNA! :)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 11:48 AM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 11:50 AM

Forgive me for noticing but doesn't the new art page style that the picture is on look like a direct copy of deviantArt.com's own format?

:b_shocked:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 2:59 PM

Okay, I decided to not post any comments about this in the forums for the whole day yesterday because it seemed, based on comments Stacey had made, that they were about ready to reverse course and drop this whole terrible resizing scheme. However, I did upload to the gallery a modified version of one of my earlier images which tried to demonstrate what's happening to gallery images now and explain what the issues are...all in the hope of bringing this problem to the attention of more members.

Well, today I have a lot more doubts about whether the admins actually are going to put an end to this resizing mess. They still seem stuck on looking at the whole situation backwards*..."this is the web design we have, now is there anything we can do within the constraints of the design to accomodate the outcry against the resizing."*

If this is really an art site, they have to turn that equation around and make the starting point "we must present the artwork as the artist created it" and modify the web design to make that the priority.

So now I'd like to ask other artists to post some images to the gallery like I tried to do which show what's going on and explain what's at stake. There are many, many people who never visit the forums and won't see what the issues are unless we bring the issues to them in the galleries. So many of you who are writing about this here in the forums are such amazing artists and you get hundreds & hundreds of views when you upload new images...please take the message out to the galleries and ask the members to let the admins know how they feel about our artwork being altered and ruined! There's so much at stake and I fear time is running out to reverse this...thanks!

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

Kinouk ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:37 PM

Thank you PJF for the CSS code for the images..works great ( big smiles). Now all I need is a code to change the background to black when viewing the images....I hate the off grey.

hugz to all

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:49 PM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:51 PM

Kinouk,

Here ya go, this is the one I'm using...

__________________________ copy below this line_______________________

BODY {background-color:#000000; color: #e3edf5; }
.content_cell { background-color:#000000; }

table.outside_table { width: auto; !important;}

a {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: underline; font-size: 12px; color: #FFFFFF;}
a:link {color: #e3edf5;}
a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;}
a:visited {color: #e3edf5;}
select {z-index: -1;}

/* Sets the appearance of entry boxes */
textarea {background-color:#495F73; color: #e3edf5;}

.gallery_header { font-size:18px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; }
.gallery_menu { text-align:center; }

.gallery_table { border:2px solid #404040; padding: 2px; }

.gallery_section_bar { background-color:#495F73; height:30px; }
.gallery_section_cell { font-family:Verdana; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; padding:2px; height:30px; }
.gallery_section_link_cell { text-align:right; padding:2px; }
a.gallery_section_link_cell, a.gallery_section_link_cell:hover, a.gallery_section_link_cell:active, a.gallery_section_link_cell:visited { font-family:Verdana; font-size:12px; text-decoration:none; }
a.gallery_section_link_cell:hover { text-decoration:underline; }

.gallery_cell { padding:4px; }
.gallery_images_cell { padding:2px; }

.gallery_display_table { border:1px solid #404040; border-bottom-width:0px; }

.gallery_display_avatar_cell { border-bottom:1px solid #404040; background-color:#000000; padding:2px; }
.gallery_display_title_cell { border-bottom:1px solid #404040; height:50px; background-color:#000000; padding:2px; vertical-align:top; }
.gallery_image_title_div { font-family:Verdana; font-size:18px; }
.gallery_image_author_div { font-family:Verdana; font-size:11px; }
a.gallery_image_author_div, a.gallery_image_author_div:hover, a.gallery_image_author_div:active, a.gallery_image_author_div:visited { font-family:Verdana; font-size:11px; }

.gallery_display_filler { background-color:#000000; }
.gallery_display_image_cell { width: auto; padding:10px; text-align:center; background-color:#000000; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; }
img.gallery_display_image_cell { border:1px solid #404040; padding:0px; }

a.gallery_image_action_bar, a.gallery_image_action_bar:active, a.gallery_image_action_bar:visited { font-size:11px; text-decoration:none; border:1px solid #404040; padding:3px; padding-bottom:4px; white-space:nowrap; }
a.gallery_image_action_bar:hover { font-size:11px; text-decoration:none; border:1px solid #404040; background-color:#FFFFFF; white-space:nowrap; }
a.gallery_image_action_bar img { height:15px; margin: 0 0 -4px 0; }

.gallery_display_notes_cell { width: 100%; text-align: center; background-color:#000000; padding:4px; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; }
.gallery_display_details_cell { width: 20%; background-color:#000000; width:200px; border-left:1px solid #404040; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; padding:4px; font-size:11px; }
.gallery_notes_details_header { font-weight:bold; }
.gallery_notes_details_body { padding-left:8px; }

.gallery_comment_table { border:1px solid #404040; border-bottom-width:0px; }

.gallery_comment_header_cell { background-color:#000000; padding:4px; text-align:center; font-family:Verdana; font-size:18px; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; height:50px; }
.gallery_comment_avatar_cell { background-color:#000000; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; padding:2px; }
.gallery_comment_body { background-color:#000000; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; padding:4px; }
.gallery_comment_title_div { font-size:11px; }
a.gallery_comment_title_div, a.gallery_comment_title_div:hover, a.gallery_comment_title_div:active, a.gallery_comment_title_div:visited { font-size:11px; }
.gallery_comment_divider_cell { background-color:#495F73; border-bottom:1px solid #404040; height:10px; }

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 5:00 PM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 5:04 PM

jdehaven for site administrator! **

I am reminded of the old, carpenter's axiom: "Measure twice - cut once"

It appears quite obvious what the artists at this site prefer. Thumb images leading directly to full size scale images. Nothing in between. It remains to be seen what, if anything, the site mangagers will or will not do. Time will tell.

I am also reminded of a friend of mine who loaded a large, moving van. He drove all day and night to his new home. Once there, he opened the back door of the moving van. Suddenly, his stomach became sickened. He realized he had packed all his 'most important' items first -- into the extreme front of the truck. SMILE.

They say this is a 'free' site. QUESTION: Does anyone from this site receive a paycheck or any type of income compensation? Or, does everyone work actually for 'free'?

If people DO get paid, how is income generated to said people to get such paychecks?

I am operating on the assumption that someone, somehow, makes money. From one another at this site in various degrees and methods. Am I correct in that assumption?

This yearly member questionaire asking those here for their thoughts, opinions, etc, on what they would 'like' to see at this wonderful site -- Can the most recent, completed such questionaire be posted in the Community Center Forum in its own thread? As a couple year member, I would be most interested in seeing such a survey.

I find it improbable that such a survey would have asked to remove the 'ebots' notifications of uploads and such from favorite artists? Could someone verify that or not?

Being in business in my past, from my humble perspective, I find THE most sore point to be a simple one. It appears to many here over my short time at this site, that it's very members who proliferate this wonderful site and only want to make it better (for themselves and the site owners) are casually dismissed. Even in crystal clear instances where 'visual' clarity is an issue and where the great majority are telling site owners of such problems.

I have, sadly, seen this same attitude bandied about, repeatedly, in my travels at this wonderful site.

To quote a serviceman friend of mine: "The GENERAL is ALWAYS in charge. However, any good general with his salt would be a FOOL to NOT listen to his troops."

PEACE & LOVE,

My best, TallPockets

(IF this is BOLD type, sorry. I tried, repeatedly, to 'uncheck' it and go 'light/normal' but it would not allow it? LOL).  ~SIGH~

SITE OWNERS: a BIG thanks for returning the 'ebots' / favorite artists functions!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.