Sun, Sep 22, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Apollo Maximus

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 3:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Having just bought thunderrs B17 Flying fortress i was looking for some WWII flight uniforms which i found here at renderosity for  "the free Apollo Maximus" does any one know where to find the correct one , there seems to be all sorts of bits and im not sure where to find the one I need many thanks in advance

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 3:20 PM

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm#Downloads%20links

only apollow download I know of , if thats what you meant.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 3:30 PM

Poserworld has an assortment of WWII uniforms and gear.  Requires a paid membership.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 3:44 PM

thanks

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 4:26 PM

What about Apollo Maximus itself? I haven't seen Anton posting at all for a long time. Has he abandoned the figure or will there be future updates? Anyone know? 

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 4:50 PM

Quote -  What about Apollo Maximus itself? I haven't seen Anton posting at all for a long time. Has he abandoned the figure or will there be future updates? Anyone know? 

I'm not 100% positive but I think Anton had the last straw a while back and left the poser community. This is just how I interpreted a post by him at CP.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 4:56 PM

managed to find it just where markschum said

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 08 April 2009 at 5:39 PM

He had announced apollo 2008 coming out "soon", and then supposedly delayed him on purpose waiting for Daz to release M4... M4 was released, and apollo 2008 never followed, so I suspect that it's a dead issue now.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 1:28 AM

Anton was waiting for M4 to be released, he was also going to start up his own forum but he seems to have vanished, probably having too much fun riding his horses. Can't say I blame him.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 2:55 PM

I hope  that Anton comes back, or if he doesn't, that he GPL's Apollo, as he's a great figure; much to good to be 'lost'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 3:00 PM

I think his plan was to release apollo 2008 right after M4 to get back at Daz, but he either lost interest, or looked at M4 and realized that Daz had actually done a very good job with the figure.

He created so much bad blood in every single store in the poserverse,k that his life is probably far less stressful not dealing with it any longer.

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 8:39 PM

Thanks for the responses folks, much appreciated. I just thought maybe since I'd taken a long break myself, I'd lost track of what he was up to. Sorry to see him go. He contributed so much to the community. Yes there were conflicts, but for what it's worth, I'll say this: He and I had an unpleasant online misunderstanding. He sent me his phone number and offered to talk it out. We did. He was very fair and diplomatic, and the misunderstanding quickly became a friendly rapport that enjoyed several more looooong phone calls. I found him to be an upbeat and very bright guy. There are more than one side to every story ... for the most part, I try not to take sides, especially when they aren't really my business. I never had a problem appreciating both Anton and the good folks at DAZ at the same time, as my enjoyment of the 3D hobby has been enhanced by the work of both. Anyway, thanks again for the updates. 

patorak ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 9:31 PM

I imagine he's still lurkin' around here.

jefsview ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 11:06 PM

When you least expect him, Anton will be back.

Apollo is a great figure as is, and if you picked up Cole or Apollo Enhanced then he's even better.

If he doesn't return, then he still left a fantastic legecy to the community in Apollo.

-- Jeff

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:40 AM

Apollo Enhanced?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 8:16 AM

Quote - Apollo Enhanced?

Not currently available-Jim was waiting for the AM update before reissuing it...

http://www.contentparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1046

(Nudity in link)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:27 AM

*When you least expect him, Anton will be back.

I read the whole thread about Apollo 2008.  Someone made the comment that Apollo's teeth looked like chicklets and that really set Anton off.  Anton, if you're out there,  I hope you realize that Apollo is a great figure and beyond any such nit-picking.

TheOwl ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:29 AM

I like apollo but he doesn't have IK on the hands. That's my only problem. Now I could feel him sitting in the corner of my runtime depressed and neglected. I was hoping the 2008 version will change this and now I am the one who is depressed learning this news.

Just curious what "bad blood" anton caused to push the brakes? :(

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:43 AM

*Just curious what "bad blood" anton caused to push the brakes? :(

Anton didn't cause any bad blood.  This is just a rumor that daz's wolfpack started.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 12:21 PM

Actually, Anton raised hell at every single store he sold at, and has burned his bridges with all of them... Daz, Rendo, RDNA, and Content Paradise.

None of them will deal with him anymore, and that has nothing to do at all with forum posters at all.

When every single major poser content store won't deal with you anymore, there's isn't much of a place to go to anymore.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 12:51 PM

*None of them will deal with him anymore, and that has nothing to do at all with forum posters at all.

Really?  http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/artistlist?artist=216155&_m=d

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quote - *None of them will deal with him anymore, and that has nothing to do at all with forum posters at all.

While those items were created by him they are all owned by DAZ, i.e. Anton isn't a brokered artist.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 1:18 PM

I have been reading this forum and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Anton's problem was with the stores.

I have Apollo and love the guy.  I use him a lot and had been trying to find Cole, but I think Cole is only available at RDNA and they seem to be closed.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 1:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - *None of them will deal with him anymore, and that has nothing to do at all with forum posters at all.

While those items were created by him they are all owned by DAZ, i.e. Anton isn't a brokered artist.

Those are all items that were bought out by Daz from him. They leave an artists name on their buyout products, even if they leave.

There's only one  reason he could have been waiting for Daz's M4 release, so he could potentially damage M4's success by offering apollo 2008 for free.

At one point, Daz was talking about litigating Anton for slanderous remarks as a last resort to quiet him down.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 1:30 PM

Quote - I have been reading this forum and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Anton's problem was with the stores.

Seriously don't go there.
While there may still be some details in threads in various forums, it's best to let them lie, as they'll only give you a poor understanding of what the situation was.

Quote - ... and they seem to be closed.

They're moving hosting services and software, so they'll be back when thats done.

Sarte ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 1:31 PM

An artist must often sell their soul to the proverbial devil in order to turn a profit.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:16 PM

LOL.. or die! 

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:18 PM

*At one point, Daz was talking about litigating Anton for slanderous remarks as a last resort to quiet him down.

Holy cow!  I didn't know that.  I do know Anton had a hatred for Daz.   It was a shame cause hatred often destroys ones creativety

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:30 PM

It seems slightly unfair talking about someone in public when they're not here (and from what I understand have no wish to be any longer) to defend themselves. sigh...theres always someone  ready to jump in on the negatives.
IMO Apollo is still streets ahead of most Poser figures in very many respects that haven't changed from the core version relesed in 2005 - a far more relevant legacy than all that other stuff (about which few people Actually know very much about).

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

foxylady1 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:36 PM

Quote - "While there may still be some details in threads in various forums, it's best to let them lie, as they'll only give you a poor understanding of what the situation was."

I would like a good understanding of what the situation was not a poor understanding.  So I will ask again - What was Anton's problem with the stores?  He had a great product and probably could have sold it instead of giving it away for free.  He decided to give Apollo away, so I do not see what kind of problem he could have with stores if he wanted to sell add ons for Apollo?

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:52 PM

"...about which few people Actually know very much about..."

Trust me, you're not going to get a good understanding and it's best left alone.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 2:54 PM

*I would like a good understanding of what the situation was not a poor understanding.

Daz was thinkin' of liquidatin' him.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:22 PM

This forum is not worth visiting again.  When a member (carodan) decides what people can know or not know, then I need to find a more knowledgeable source of information.  All I wanted to know was what was the problem with Apollo and Anton.  I happen to like Apollo and use the guy in many renders.  He is versatile.  I purchased Captain Quinn and have never seen a duel type character for any Poser or Daz character.  I use Vue and Captain Quinn renders like a pro  after I import him.  Even if Anton wants twice what the going rate is for an item, it is my decision to buy or not.  If Anton decides to sell Apollo instead of giving him away, it is my decision to buy or not.    It is always my decision.  "carodan" should not tell people what they should know or not know.  People can make up their own minds what to believe.  Not all of us are that easily brainwashed.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:23 PM

Quote - I have been reading this forum and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Anton's problem was with the stores.

Most of what people are saying about antons supposed 'problems' with other stores is a pretty gross exaggeration mostly based on hear-say, and various people reading emotionally charged froum rants.

Anton is very intelligent, innovative in his work when he was involved with 3D (the part I'm familiar with), and also outspoken. When someone is outspoken (and usually right), there's always a group of people whom don't like it much.... especially when they copy and/or build on Anton's innovations, and act like they invented the concept.

I seem to remember Garee and Anton having some direct spats, but.. it takes two to tango. I like both of them to pieces, but that doesn't man they're going to get along with each other. A bit like two Tomcats with a dominant streak facing each other...

As far as I know, Anton no longer actively does 3D work, he's moved onto bigger and better business pastures.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:27 PM

Quote -
This forum is not worth visiting again.  When a member (carodan) decides what people can know or not know, then I need to find a more knowledgeable source of information.  All I wanted to know was what was the problem with Apollo and Anton.  I happen to like Apollo and use the guy in many renders.  He is versatile.  I purchased Captain Quinn and have never seen a duel type character for any Poser or Daz character.  I use Vue and Captain Quinn renders like a pro  after I import him.  Even if Anton wants twice what the going rate is for an item, it is my decision to buy or not.  If Anton decides to sell Apollo instead of giving him away, it is my decision to buy or not.    It is always my decision.  "carodan" should not tell people what they should know or not know.  People can make up their own minds what to believe.  Not all of us are that easily brainwashed.

Carodan knows Anton personally, really really well, and AFAIK, has known him for quite while. He'd be very credible source of information.

You'll have to forgive him for getting outspoken when he sees too much of unfairly negative stuff pop up.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:36 PM

Quote - Quote - "While there may still be some details in threads in various forums, it's best to let them lie, as they'll only give you a poor understanding of what the situation was."

I would like a good understanding of what the situation was not a poor understanding.  So I will ask again - What was Anton's problem with the stores?  He had a great product and probably could have sold it instead of giving it away for free.  He decided to give Apollo away, so I do not see what kind of problem he could have with stores if he wanted to sell add ons for Apollo?

When they speak of "problems" most people are refering to Anton being outspoken, and standing his ground to protect his rights and creations. As I said, being smart and innovative, everyone wanted a piece of him, and to act like they had him 'under their wing' and take credit for supposedly fostering his success. My perception was that Anton knew he and his creations were strong enough to stand on their own, and prefered not to be assimilated into being a 'poster boy' for any particular brokerage.  People don't like being told "no", and usually rather quickly come up with this or that reason to vilify those whom did tell them no.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:42 PM

*I happen to like Apollo and use the guy in many renders.  He is versatile. 

I wish Anton's " friends " felt the same way.  A lot of them abandoned Apollo for Mike4.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 4:56 PM

I was a witness to the sad history of Anton Kissel in the world of poser
Unless you were "there" to witness it ,as Garee ,myself and many long timers here were,then you will never be able for form an objective opinion about the what &why.

His Bitter  "Divorce" from Daz  seemed to have some life changing effect on him
and after that it was one  irrational paranoid persecution/product theft conspiracy after another.

All i can say is that he became" too involved" in his product and his seemingly eager community of supporters and started an  Ill timed
"Jihad' against DAZ inc. at a time when the ideological Divide between poser loyalist and emerging Daz loyalist was really starting to "heat up"

Despite the fact that he failed  to truly inspire and angry mob of villagers to rally to his "cause"
and storm  Castle Draper with torches & Pitchforks in hand,he defiantly battled on at nearly every opportunity.

This made him a very "divisive "&negative element within the various Forum communities
and many just  grew Weary of the predictable and repetitive Drama/flame wars/locked& deleted threads surrounding his 'Issues".

this is as Polite as I can express my view of it.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:03 PM

Quote -  *I happen to like Apollo and use the guy in many renders.  He is versatile. 

I wish Anton's " friends " felt the same way.  A lot of them abandoned Apollo for Mike4.

Anton doesn't insist that his friends support only Apollo and no other figure. Its' a fact that there aren't anywhere near as many active Apollo users as there are of M4 or V4, and if one of Anton's frioends is also a vendor, Anton doesn't insist that only Apollo is supported.

No content vendor can exist on supporting Apollo alone. That's just a fact in this business.
Most of us regular people (and content vendors) don't get annuity payments to supplement our income (or lack of it), to be able to give everything away for free, or to pursue full time support of figures that can't pay the bills.

Feeling friendships, and having to pay bills and support one's self has to be prioritized, and it goes both ways. No friend will insist or guilt you when you have to do things to support yourself (as long as they're not criminal or grossly unethical). Anton doesn't require this of his friends.

I know that for a fact, as he and I had a conversation about this, and it was Anton himself that steered me away from feeling guilty that I need to make few V4 or M4 pieces in order to make a little bit of money (like maybe $5 per hour instead of $2 per hour). I was feeling particularly guilty because Anton taught me a few things about rigging, and was extremely helpful when I was making the Apollo Wizard Robe. To paraphrase what he told me: 'You can't make it as a vendor supporting Aopollo alone'

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:12 PM

Quote - I was a witness to the sad history of Anton Kissel in the world of poser
Unless you were "there" to witness it ,as Garee ,myself and many long timers here were,then you will never be able for form an objective opinion about the what &why.

His Bitter  "Divorce" from Daz  seemed to have some life changing effect on him
and after that it was one  irrational paranoid persecution/product theft conspiracy after another.

All i can say is that he became" too involved" in his product and his seemingly eager community of supporters and started an  Ill timed
"Jihad' against DAZ inc. at a time when the ideological Divide between poser loyalist and emerging Daz loyalist was really starting to "heat up"

Despite the fact that he failed  to truly inspire and angry mob of villagers to rally to his "cause"
and storm  Castle Draper with torches & Pitchforks in hand,he defiantly battled on at nearly every opportunity.

This made him a very "divisive "&negative element within the various Forum communities
and many just  grew Weary of the predictable and repetitive Drama/flame wars/locked& deleted threads surrounding his 'Issues".

this is as Polite as I can express my view of it.

Cheers

I suppose when this thread gets locked, that too will be Anton's fault, even though he never set his foot ion it.  kitty shakes head

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:17 PM · edited Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:29 PM

Quote -

It was just my opinion (maybe I should start using that disclaimer again). But that I had such power., MwaHaha!! Really (sighs again).

Apollo is free, is a great figure which I use almost exclusively for male renders, and I'll help as I always have in any way I can with information about using him.

I fail to see of what relevance anything else can be given that Anton is no longer involved in Poser content creation, other than gossip and rumor mongering (which I can see this thread has now degenerated into - sighs even more heavily).

P.S. I don't know Anton that well really, although I have spoken with him at length on several occasions by phone and via email, and I have always found him to be positive, intelligent, open, informative and entirely rational - even in tough times.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:31 PM · edited Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quote - [

I suppose when this thread gets locked, that too will be Anton's fault, even though he never set his foot ion it.  kitty shakes head

I Disagree
If the thread gets locked it will be for the same Reason a "Bill Clinton'"or "Ronald Reagan
thread would get locked due to their remaining loyalist, supporters& enemies letting their tireless
Zeal push their posted comments beyond to rosity TOS

My website

YouTube Channel

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:42 PM

* I fail to see of what relevance anything else can be given that Anton is no longer involved in Poser content creation, other than gossip and rumor mongering (which I can see this thread has now degenerated into - sighs even more heavily).

*This is really sad news. I consider Anton one of the greatest Poser-creators of the last years. I was hoping he would make a female counterpart for Apollo, but it seems that hope is in vain.
Considering the fact that he made Apollo one his own, while DAZ uses a whole team to create Mike4, you can only have admiration for his work.
Although there are others who make remarkably good characters, it feels like a real lost if Anton has given up. I hope he will return some day.

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:13 PM

*Although there are others who make remarkably good characters, it feels like a real lost if Anton has given up. I hope he will return some day.

Anton hasn't given up and he will be back.   

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:13 PM · edited Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - [

I Disagree
If the thread gets locked it will be for the same Reason a "Bill Clinton'"or "Ronald Reagan
thread would get locked due to their remaining loyalist, supporters& enemies letting their tireless
Zeal push their posted comments beyond to rosity TOS

I know, I was being sarcastic. (headshake was a hint)

I doubt the thread would be locked because of people saying positive stuff about Anton or anyone else for that matter. If it gets locked,it'll probably be because of people still trying to badmouth him.

...If I were a moderator here, I'd be making a post reminding people to refrain from badmouthing people, especially those whom aren't here... Luckily, I'm not.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:32 PM

*Apollo is free, is a great figure which I use almost exclusively for male renders, and I'll help as I always have in any way I can with information about using him.

Thing is... Apollo is not only a great poser figure,  he's a great 3d figure!

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:44 PM

I suppose Appolo was Anton's brainchild. I can understand how people react when someone attacks on their children. I have had several real-life expiriences to know what damage can occur that when that happens.So I think no-one can blame him for that.
But perhaps that are only speculations.
Patorak, I think you're right, when he cools down, he will be back. Afterall, Poser, and 3D-creating in general, is an addiction which is hard to get rid off.

regards,

Bopper.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:59 PM

*Patorak, I think you're right, when he cools down, he will be back. Afterall, Poser, and 3D-creating in general, is an addiction which is hard to get rid off.

I think when he gets over the hurt too.

That being said...Anton I would like to publicly apologize for teasing you about the hole in Apollo and for challenging you to make a female figure.  I'm issuing this apology because I have the utmost respect for you and your creation.  I hope you accept.

Likewise to Anton's critics,  I challenge you all to ante up.  let's see your figures.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 7:50 PM

I'm almost tempted to say: when I show you mine you show me yours, but in all respect, you make much better figures than I can ever dream off. I can make reasonable good architectural models like furniture, boats and houses, but making lifelike models like animals or people is a complete different story (this is a dutch translation to english, but after four whiskeys, I can't find the right expression, but I hope you'll get the point)
I know how to rig, I have a slighty knowledge of human proportion and  anatomy,  and I have some experience in freeform modelling, but putting it all to together is still very difficult for me.
That's one of the reasons why I have a great admiration for people who can think beyond the borders.

Bopper.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:26 PM

file_428362.jpg

*I'm almost tempted to say: when I show you mine you show me yours * OK...I'll show you mine.  Just don't tell our competitors...

Here's a preview of She-Orc. 

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 7:41 AM

Quote - ... then I need to find a more knowledgeable source of information.

Most (if not all) of the forum traces of the various disputes have been moved to what's known as the "memory hole" in the active forums (here, DAZ, CP, RDNA).
You'll still be able to find a few dangling strands over at PoserPros), and possibly some mentions at RFI or in the Thunderdome at old Renderotica.
Anything you find will be only a poor reflection of the original though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.