Wed, Sep 4, 4:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 1:28 am)

Subject: Wanting to explore LaFemme and L'Hommee but

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 6:30 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:14 AM

I'm having a devil of a time getting morphs to show up. It's been a minute since I've used Poser so you'll have to be gentle with me in explaining things.

I have the newest upgraded version of Poser. I have all the content installed but there are folders in Geometry that are empty, both the La Femme and Le Homme. What's more when I install the morphs for La Femme I get SOME morphs but not allot. Is that expected? Like the FBM's are just a about 10 of them. I double clicked on the Le Hommee morph and the figure grows a bit but still has a feminine shape! Not even a manly female shape, just La Femme but taller I think! So feeling a little stuck here.

Since I'm used to Data folders and having morphs auto loaded from DAZ Studio trying to remember the old way of enabling just the morphs I need within Poser is confusing to me! But if they aren't installing correctly then I'm at a loss. I'm assuming that the main morphs are still in the Pose folder? I've installed both male and female morphs for La Femme from there and still only have a few morphs and no male morph to change her to Le Hommee!

Thanks for the help, hopefully!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 6:58 PM

Morph inject files should be in the Pose library, yes.

The La Femme version that comes with Poser is a "lite" version - she comes with less morphs, the full starter list of morphs come with La Femme Pro.

But most of her morphs come with extra packs - you might want Blackhearted's Femme Fatale morphs, and Deecey's Body Kit. Femme Fatale has more "fitness" morphs, with some muscle definition etc, Body Kit has more general body shapes. And there's a recent face shape kit for LF and another for LH, but I didn't pick those up as all my characters are custom face morphs :)

If L'Homme (selecting La Femme's body and dialing the L'Homme dial to 1) looks literally like La Femme but taller, then something is wrong with either your installation or when you're applying it. If it's just a guy that looks more feminine, then yes he does. You might wanna search the Freestuff here for "Lee Homme" - I think that's a nice masculine shape for him :)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 7:05 PM

Which version of LaFemme are you using? The version of LaFemme that is in the scene when you open poser is a light version. If you select the body of this one you will see a Lhomme morph dial which if you turn to 1 sets her to lhomme (but without genitals) If the morph isn't there you need to make sure you have the VERY latest version of poser and support files.

However as you say there are morph files in the pose folder I assume you have bought LaFemme pro and lHomme pro.

In the character folder you will find these figures. LHomme has 4 choices, locked and unlocked (ie you can't dial out the morph) with and without genitals. There is also the LaFemme pro figure in the character folder.

LaFemme doesn't have a huge amount of body morphs as such but you can achieve a lot with scaling and linear translatiions of body parts, and there are separate morph packages available. To use the morphs on either figure, just select it, inject the morphs from the pose folder and dial in as required on the figure.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 7:06 PM

Ok Ohki can type faster than me!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 7:08 PM

Nails60 posted at 9:08PM Mon, 10 February 2020 - #4379873

Ok Ohki can type faster than me!

😂

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 8:54 AM

Thanks you two. Well when I drag and drop or double click on L'Hommee as I said, she just gets a little taller. There is NO morph dial for him under Body. Unless it's somewhere else I'm not aware of. I would think that double clicking on the icon would just automatically change the body from female to male. That's not the case? Are the FBM's under Body or are they located somewhere else? Just trying to get my head around all this. I'm actually quite good at creating morphs for Genesis, have quite a few packs but getting my head around Poser again is proving a little daunting. Esp trying to get the hierarchy figured out for things like morphs it seems. I'll double check to see if I have the Pro version of La'Femme but I could have sworn I bought the pro version a while back when it was on sale. Hmmmm

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 8:57 AM

YUP, I have La Femme Pro!

La Femme Pro.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 10:48 AM

If you delete the LaFemme figure that is in the scene at the start and load the LaFemme pro from the characters folder in the library, the L'homme morph is in the body

lh dials.jpg

The figure is a bit feminine especially in the face imho but does loose the curves and bust

lhbod.jpg

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 11:35 AM

OK, got Pro reinstalled and now I have L'Homme so off and running!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 12:44 PM

RAMWolff posted at 2:44PM Tue, 11 February 2020 - #4379955

OK, got Pro reinstalled and now I have L'Homme so off and running!

That's great! Let us know if you have any more questions 😃

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 9:46 AM

Will do, thanks again!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 10:10 AM

Question. What all do I have to check off to save out poses? Is there a little tutorial you have handy? I've found a way to transfer my poses from Dusk I did a while back to L'Homme. Made them for Dusk for DAZ Studio. Found a script to save them out in PP2 format. It will be a bit of work but will be nice to expand the poses for L'Homme and Dusk for Poser will also benefit... not sure if they will work on Dusk 2.0 (in development) but hopefully so. Let me know.

Thanks so much

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 1:25 PM · edited Wed, 12 February 2020 at 1:29 PM

Technically, if you just save to the Pose library section, with the default options, you're good to go.

In best practices, there's some cleaning up that helps make sure you're not saving useless information along.

For one, I like to tick off every expression chip and eye position when saving my poses. To do this:

image.png

When you're about to save it, click Select Subset here...

image.png

Then tick off every body part you don't want to include. (You can click the first one you don't want, then shift-click the last, that will select all of the ones in between, then you click the box on any of them and they'll all switch off)

Then hit ok and save that.

There's more cleaning up, but that's working on the text file and not really necessary. I use Poser File Editor for that, but it's a paid software that does a lot more than that.

Alternatively, I THINK this script still comes included with Poser:

image.png

image.png

This should allow you to hold ctrl while you click each part you want, or shift-click everything in between like before, and lets you select what information you want to save along with your pose. I haven't used it for a hot while, but if I remember correctly it should give you cleaner pose files.

- - - - - - 

caisson ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 1:52 PM

I have to recommend Netherworks Dial Manager 2015 as it has a pose writing facility which I found really really useful, especially being able to set up and save presets. Used it extensively with P11 when making my own figure.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 2:01 PM

Hmmm, OK. What I'm doing right now is creating full body poses. I was more curious about the default dialogs in Poser when clicking on the large + plus to make a pose. There are some dialog box options I'm not sure I need or do I need them... like Dialog 1 "include graphs" radio box. Tick or untick? Dialog 2 "body transformation" Tick or untick?

Now if I do partials or even full body do I need the Ground selected from the Dialog 1 "select subsets" or no?

Thanks so much!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 2:29 PM · edited Wed, 12 February 2020 at 2:30 PM

For a full body pose:

First popup, type in name of the pose

Include Graphs unchecked

Select Subset (ignore unless you want a partial body pose)

Click OK

Next popup:

Choose either of these only if you wish to thoroughly tick off your customers :-)

Morph Channels only if you want the empty morphs in your figure to show in the pose

Body Transformation will move the figure from where the user has their figure to YOUR position on the screen

Click OK

Save Frames

Leave it on Single Frame unless you are saving an animated pose

Click OK

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 4:59 PM

Oh crap. OK, I'll have to resave them out or open up each one to remove the Body Transformation... I left that one checked. Still getting my head around this. What does the Graphs option do?

Thank you so much Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 3:37 AM

Honestly I've NEVER used the graphs option, and I've been using Poser since way back 😂 I'm not sure what it actually does but you don't need them for regular static poses.

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:06 AM

I made a mistake the other day using the keyboard and the UI viewport was then split into 4 views. I looked all over to put it back to one view and couldn't find it. Where is this control? I would think they would put a drop down option for this right up front and center for easy access!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:07 AM

Also, is there a way to multi select and zero out body parts rather than the arduous task of one at a time, rotation at a time?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:28 AM

RAMWolff posted at 11:27AM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380399

I made a mistake the other day using the keyboard and the UI viewport was then split into 4 views. I looked all over to put it back to one view and couldn't find it. Where is this control? I would think they would put a drop down option for this right up front and center for easy access!

At the bottom left corner of your Preview window :)

image.png

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:30 AM

RAMWolff posted at 11:28AM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380400

Also, is there a way to multi select and zero out body parts rather than the arduous task of one at a time, rotation at a time?

If you want to zero EVERYTHING out, there are options in the Figure menu

image.png

(Zero Rotations turns the pose to default - by zeroing the rotations of every body part - and Zero Figure turns everything back to default including morph dials)

If you need multiple specific body parts then I'm afraid only one by one or by using scripts.

- - - - - - 

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:30 AM · edited Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:33 AM

RAMWolff posted at 10:22AM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380399

WOLFIE!!!! (hugs)

Hey guess what, I finally learned DS, so I feel your pain as I experienced it from the "other side" LOL

On the four ports thing. Look in the lower left corner of the document window, the first dropdown list selects how many viewports.

2020-02-14_10-24-08.png

As far as multi-selecting and zeroing, about the only thing I can think of that might help is to click to select a body part, and then press Ctrl+E to restore that body part to the default. It's a lot faster than dialing in one at a time because it will do all three rotations. Note, though, that it might leave some values in leg bends because typically Poser figures load in with the legs slightly bent.

Then click to select the next part you want to restore. Rinse and repeat.

AND, you can also do that to one side and then choose Figure > Pose Symmetry > Left to Right (or Right to Left) to copy those values to the other side.

But yeah, I hear ya, it would be nice to be able to multi-select parts and apply the setting once

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:32 AM

oops Afrodite Ohki types faster than I do ROFLMAO

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 10:03 AM

Thanks so much!

DEEEEEEEEEEEE Hiya! {Hugs!}

Thanks for the keyboard shortcut. I'll have to see how that works. I'm transferring my Dusk poses over to L'Homme, believe it or not MOST of the poses go over without any issue. SOME are going over with L'Homme's toes bent slightly up, strange and the occasional hip rotation not quite right. I'm of course going through the poses and with all my experience now with this process I'm improving quite a few poses for both Dusk and L'Homme as I go along. Been fun and then I hit that viewport issue yesterday and gave up! LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 10:34 AM

Deecey posted at 12:34PM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380405

oops Afrodite Ohki types faster than I do ROFLMAO

I often get that reply LMAO

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 10:40 AM

YEEEEEEEEES, Ctrl e works perfectly. Faster!

Got my viewport back too! HAPPY!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 10:45 AM

Ayy I'm glad things are working well!

- - - - - - 

Nails60 ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 11:31 AM

Lightning finger Afrodite Ohki always gets in first 😀

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 11:32 AM

Great community of helpful folks. Thanks again! XO

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 11:36 AM

Nails60 posted at 1:35PM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380432

Lightning finger Afrodite Ohki always gets in first 😀

That would be a... weird nickname to have 😂

You're very welcome, RAMWolff!

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 12:17 PM

Using your bodysuit, thank you, but I set up a briefs for L'Homme. Is there a trick in getting them to be a bit more skin tight on him? I've quite able in ZBrush but heard here an there the bridge for ZBrush and Poser is a bit odd in it's behavior. Perhaps this has been fixed but in the mean time just want the briefs tighter on him! Not seeing a L'Homme full body morph for the suit!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 12:31 PM

RAMWolff posted at 2:29PM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380442

Using your bodysuit, thank you, but I set up a briefs for L'Homme. Is there a trick in getting them to be a bit more skin tight on him? I've quite able in ZBrush but heard here an there the bridge for ZBrush and Poser is a bit odd in it's behavior. Perhaps this has been fixed but in the mean time just want the briefs tighter on him! Not seeing a L'Homme full body morph for the suit!

... coincidentaly, there is. I put an "inflate" morph in it because it was prone to a lot of pokethrough, it comes fully dialed by default. It's hidden though because that was me tricking the thing into bending well.

Select the bodysuit's Body actor, then in the paramenters window go at the triangle in the top corner:

image.png

And check "Show Hidden Parameters".

In the Morph dial category you should find a dial called Inflate. Dial it down and that should help. You might get pokethroughs with that though.

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 3:15 PM

Ah, OK, I did find that. The negative to inflate though was giving me more tightness on the left side while the right side wasn't affected. Not sure if that's just on my end. I think this weekend I'm going to break open ZBrush and see about refitting my bodysuit I made for Dusk onto this shape and see how it goes.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Nails60 ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 6:11 PM

Have you tried using the poser tighten fit morph brush?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 9:39 PM

I tried using that but nothing happened. I remember a long while back, like 4 years back I used it and it was fun. I must have forgotten how to use that or left out a step. Not sure!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 6:15 AM

Tried it and it worked for me.

Select the bodysuit

Select the morph brush tool

At the top of the morph brush pallet that appears is the bit which says new or existing morph. I found that the pallet opened with an existing morph selected, change this to new, call it what you will, I left it as custom morph

Select L'homme as the goal

Choose a small poke through margin, I took it down to the last two figures being 10 I left everything else at default and it worked

If it doesn't, make sure that near the top of the pallet, after the morph name this is set to 1 rather than zero which can happen.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 10:17 AM

OK, I'll try your steps when I get back to it. Busy day at my real job.....

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 7:07 AM

Nails60 posted at 8:06AM Tue, 18 February 2020 - #4380546

Tried it and it worked for me.

Select the bodysuit

Select the morph brush tool

At the top of the morph brush pallet that appears is the bit which says new or existing morph. I found that the pallet opened with an existing morph selected, change this to new, call it what you will, I left it as custom morph

Select L'homme as the goal

Choose a small poke through margin, I took it down to the last two figures being 10 I left everything else at default and it worked

If it doesn't, make sure that near the top of the pallet, after the morph name this is set to 1 rather than zero which can happen.

Remember to turn off SubD in the bodysuit before trying to use the morph brush on it. Otherwise the morph brush will react unpredictably.

If I remember correctly, the bodysuit loads with SubD turned on.

Parameters Tab>Subdivision 0

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.