Wed, Sep 18, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: A new version for VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 3:18 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:21 PM

Hello,

with Dan, we want to prepare a new version for VWD. In the past few months, I have written many new functions which can be very useful for many users.

• The generation of hair allows the conversion of old hair created with bands into hair based on strands. This hair gives good results in simulation and rendering.
  • The assembly of clothes works well and this can help to create or modify clothes.
  • The new animation recording "Multi-collisions" can be very useful for complex animations.
  • The "Separate into elements" is also a very useful function.
  • The improvement in auto-collision seems to work well.

Dan is currently working on tutorials and I will certainly do some tutorials as well.

I hope you will be delighted with this news.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

yvesab ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 11:31 AM

Hi Gerald & Dan, I'm waiting for this new iteration of VWD "avec impatience" It's a really great piece of software !

kwan ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 1:05 PM

Yep, I am also anxious to try these new features. I think all the simulations I try are "complex animations" so I hope this makes new things possible. I am always curious about everything that is possible to accomplish with VWD.

akuei2 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 9:56 AM

I'm Royal (Die-hard) user for VWD. Glad to here more & more function adding at next release.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 3:50 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm going to start a new thread to explain how I see the future of VWD. I want to continue developing the program but I have to find a good balance between the time required to develop this program and the minimum income that I accept to continue this work. For now, this balance is not good because I have practically no income with the program. To continue, I need to find another way to distribute VWD. This thread will explain how I see this.

tomyee ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 3:55 PM

Gerald, I think I have mentioned this before, but is there a way you could license your VWD technology to Bondware so that they can incorporate it into future versions of Poser 12 and higher? Perhaps they can then pay you a royalty for every copy that they sell?

fuqol217 ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2020 at 4:12 AM

I love the power of VWD but hate how fragile it is - It is simply freezing on me again today while running a simple simulation. Personally, I'd rather it did what it does now but without unexplained crashes! However, I may find the new features unexpectedly useful and I wish you very good luck with your work.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2020 at 3:40 PM

@tomyee: Now that Renderosity is the owner of Poser. I sent a message to Jenn to know if They would be interested to have VWD in their new Poser versions. For now, I didn't have any anwer.

@fuqol217: I agree with you, sometimes, I also have these freezes. Not to much because I know the program and certainly well what are the actions to never associate. I want to continue to work on the program. For now, I added some functions which are useful for my needs. With Dan, we certainly will do a V3. We want to stabilize the program before to create this version. This version, if it exists, will be a mature release.

anupaum ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2020 at 6:22 PM

Excellent features, all!

Any chance we might get soft body effects for those of us who use Poser?

:)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 3:47 PM

Hello anupaum,

I wrote a program some years ago called DynaChest under my first 3D name "GCTS" . This program was sold here at Renderosity. I don't know if this program works on the new Poser versions. If you want to try.

About new developpements for Hosts, I think the program will change. This project is based on a Dan's idea. This idea is that VWD does not more work for a host but transforms a file (certainly .ABC file) by doing a simulation. The scene will be exported using dynamic actors (collisions actors and one dynamic actor). VWD makes the simulation and export the same file with the modified dynamic vertices.

This method will allow VWD to work with all the 3D applications exporting and Importing Alembic files. This means VWD simulations could be used in Daz Studio, Poser, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Unity and many other applications.

Please, give us your thinkings.

anupaum ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 4:31 PM

I think that's an excellent idea. Dynachest isn't available anymore. I've been using Jiggles, but it's not terribly precise.

Rockadude ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 5:19 PM

On the new version can you please make it so mats are already loaded on VWD objects after reloading scene instead of having to go into utilities? For people who use plugins like render queue. Not sure if it's a bug or was intended to work that way but the only workaround I found for making mats stay is making a duplicate of the VWD object. Just at times, I forget to do that and I end up with 10 renders of clothing on chars missing their textures

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 7:56 PM

First of all I want to congratulate you for an excellent program, it allows us to do amazing things in Daz impossible to imagine without it, lol

Have you thought of incorporating some utility for realistic fluid simulation? With the physics you use in clothes or other objects, working with fluids at that level would be fantastic! There are some utilities in Daz to do that, unfortunately they don't get the desired realism, or they are complicated and slow to use :-/

Apart from that, I would like to share some opinions and suggestions that come to mind after using the program for a while...

• I have the feeling that the "jiggle" system doesn't work as well when the character is in a horizontal position instead of a vertical one; the generated movement is not realistic. Is that possible? Do you think a possible workaround would be to create a group with the character and rotate it into a vertical position before doing the simulation?
  • The problem of exceeding the memory limit is a bit surprising for those of us who work on computers with a lot of RAM, lol... Are you planning to release a 64-bit version?
  • What I'm going to say I suppose will be complicated, or maybe impossible... but I think I should comment on it because it's something quite important in my opinion. Many times the animations created are made in such a way that they can be used in a loop; with the "jiggle" system there's no problem because it generates keyframes that can be modified so that the loop becomes perfect. I know that this system is totally different from the hair or clothes movement simulation, but it would be really amazing if it could also create kayframes with the "morphs" generated, so we could use the same parameters in the first and last frame, and as in the jiggle system we could delete some intermediate keyframes before the last kayframe to make the movement smoother and more realistic at the end of the loop; that would generate a perfect loop. ..although I think I'm asking too much, lol... in any case, it's just a thought (a wish), even if you can't do your program it's still magnificent :-)
  • Last but not least, I think that the program has much more potential than what is used, more demonstration videos are needed... in my case I have learned more with the videos and demonstrations that you do than by reading the manual, lol; and that despite the fact that some of the videos are from the previous version, I imagine that the new version allows more things or in a simpler way.

Thank you for your attention and I hope that some of my comments have been good to improve the program or have new ideas. If you need a betatester for the new versions you are working on I will be happy to help.

BTW, I know you have your Patreon "on pause", but soon I will join it because I want to help you to continue with this great program ;-)

Cheers.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 6:05 PM

Hello CaptainHarlock,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

A fluid simulation is easier to compute than a cloth simulation (less constraints) but it is harder to render. Perhaps a metaballs system would be a good choice. Currently, I have no time to think to this because this will be a hard work to do.

You are right, the "jiggle" system does not work properly when the character is a horizontal position. I want to improve this. I am not sure to understand correctly your idea using the creation of a group. Can you explain more precisely your thinkings?

The memory problem is linked to the library I use for 3D display. This library is "GLScene". It is very powerfull but I never found a 64 bits version. Its development is still alive and I am sure a 64 bits version will exist but I do not know when. For me this issue is not really a priority because a simulation which will exceed 32 bits will take a lot of time. For instance, a simulation made using 100 million springs will very slow and without the ability to work with the dynamic deformation (unusable). For me, if you have this kind of issue, your choices for generating the simulation are not correct.

About the keyframes for the cloth and hair simulations, it is possible to use the bridge written by Philemot and sold here at Renderosity. I discussed several time with him and his bridge works fine. I decided to generate an other way for saving simulations because the time necessary to generate the simulation in Daz Studio is unacceptable. A complex simulation made in 5 minutes in VWD can take one hour to be saved. The reason is not linked to the quality of the bridge but it is linked to DS itself. You can do a test with this program.

The program has a lot of functions. Some of them are not well explained and it is mainly my fault. I work on a cloth generation and a hair generation to create the products I will sale at Renderosity with a integrated simulator. The version I want to generate soon will have some parts of these new creating features.

About help, I am like you, I don't like to read a long documentation. I would like to do some video tutorials but le result is never good because my English is not good. This takes me a lot of time for a poor result even though I am sure it is a good method.

About betatest, I am quite ready to post the 2 products with integrated simulator and I would like to have some feedbacks and some improvement thinkings. Thank you for your help proposal.

Cheers,

Gรฉrald

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 9:14 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 8:19PM Thu, 06 August 2020 - #4396175

Hello CaptainHarlock,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

A fluid simulation is easier to compute than a cloth simulation (less constraints) but it is harder to render. Perhaps a metaballs system would be a good choice. Currently, I have no time to think to this because this will be a hard work to do.

You are right, the "jiggle" system does not work properly when the character is a horizontal position. I want to improve this. I am not sure to understand correctly your idea using the creation of a group. Can you explain more precisely your thinkings?

The memory problem is linked to the library I use for 3D display. This library is "GLScene". It is very powerfull but I never found a 64 bits version. Its development is still alive and I am sure a 64 bits version will exist but I do not know when. For me this issue is not really a priority because a simulation which will exceed 32 bits will take a lot of time. For instance, a simulation made using 100 million springs will very slow and without the ability to work with the dynamic deformation (unusable). For me, if you have this kind of issue, your choices for generating the simulation are not correct.

About the keyframes for the cloth and hair simulations, it is possible to use the bridge written by Philemot and sold here at Renderosity. I discussed several time with him and his bridge works fine. I decided to generate an other way for saving simulations because the time necessary to generate the simulation in Daz Studio is unacceptable. A complex simulation made in 5 minutes in VWD can take one hour to be saved. The reason is not linked to the quality of the bridge but it is linked to DS itself. You can do a test with this program.

The program has a lot of functions. Some of them are not well explained and it is mainly my fault. I work on a cloth generation and a hair generation to create the products I will sale at Renderosity with a integrated simulator. The version I want to generate soon will have some parts of these new creating features.

About help, I am like you, I don't like to read a long documentation. I would like to do some video tutorials but le result is never good because my English is not good. This takes me a lot of time for a poor result even though I am sure it is a good method.

About betatest, I am quite ready to post the 2 products with integrated simulator and I would like to have some feedbacks and some improvement thinkings. Thank you for your help proposal.

Cheers,

Gรฉrald

Hi Gรฉrald,

You're welcome ;-)

You say a fluid simulator is easier? wow, that's promising then, lol When you say it would be hard to render, you mean the final render with Daz? Well, these days there are very powerful GPUs... I don't think that's a problem, some people will render faster and others slower, the interesting thing is to have the possibility of a good fluid simulator (I mean to be able to make several adjustments to simulate different situations or liquids, the possibility of adding viscosity, that collides against objects and react in several ways depending on the configuration, etc); as I have told you, there is some program to do this, but it is complex, slow and doesn't always give the expected result (and the simulations are very slow, so when the parameters/result isn't the good one, it's necessary to wait again several minutes to complete the simulation again). Metaballs sounds to me like something I've seen with Blender, but I don't know it in depth... if you say it's the best option, I'm sure it is :-)

As for the groups with Daz, I mean that normally the jiggle is simulated before the movement of clothes or hair, and a possible solution when the character is in a horizontal position would be: 1) Select the character in Scene tab, 2) Create a group (Edit > Create Group); the character will be inside that group, 3) Rotate the group so the character stays in a vertical position, 4) Once the jiggle is simulated, you can put the group back in its initial position (the character will be in a horizontal position again, in the same pose it had), and 5) Optionally, you can unparent the character from the group and eliminate the group. I must tell you that I haven't had the chance to try it, but I've always thought that the problem was gravity, so by being vertical and adjusting that gravity parameter I think better results could be achieved.

Regarding the 64bits, it's not a usual problem luckily, and as you say, when it appears I'm probably doing something wrong :-p When that happens I use another selection/configuration of vertices so that it does not consume so much memory and then it works. Anyway, searching the internet, I think the creator of the library added 64bits support from version 1.5 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/GLScene/GLScene%20v1.5/) And he released a new version just this month: https://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/GLScene/GLScene%20v1.9/

And now that we are talking about problems; in some hair the program tells me that it has too many vertices (I think more than 300,000); how should I solve this? If I remember correctly, I tried to put the hair in "base" resolution or lower the SubD, but the problem persisted... Do I have to use Decimator to reduce the quality? Also, there is a stand-based hair that doesn't work well with the program... if you are interested in doing a test I can tell you what it is.

As for Philemot's bridge, how exactly does it work? Would I export the character and assets to work with VWD externally, and then re-import them into Daz with keyframes/morphs? That would be great! I don't have speed problems, although some animations with many frames take longer, but it's not a big problem... if with that program the simulation is faster, much better :-D

Your videos are good, don't worry. I can see that you are not a native English speaker, I'm not either... I'm sure my posts aren't perfect either, but they are understandable, like your videos ;-) The good thing about the videos is that it allows users to see the whole process in detail; which functions you use exactly, and also sees the final result, and that allows us to know if it's what we need. Recently I had to simulate the movement of a necklace; first I tried looking at the manual, the section where you explain how to work with earrings; and also the video you made, but it didn't work for me... then I found an old video you made with poser to simulate the movement of a chain, and with that I could do what I wanted :-D So, thank you very much for those great videos! (Note: It would be nice if you could detail the steps you follow with your latest videos with girls dancing and hair and dresses moving to the music, lol... they are really good!)

If you need feedback on new features/products count on me, I'll be happy to help ;-)

Cheers.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 3:46 PM

Hello,

I will try to reply to your questions in the same order.

About Fluid simulation, I don't know when I will be able to make the first tests. I am sorry, but for me it is not a priority especially if another program exists at Renderosity or Daz3D.

About jiggle in horizontal position, the current function is not suitable because the breasts does not move enough. Doing a simulation in vertical position and reposing the character in horizontal position will generate a movement with a bad gravity behaviour. I don't think the result will be correct. You can do a test with a very soft wire simulation and see if the behaviour is better. I will do this test too.

About 64 bits version, I didn't look at the library development for a while. If the 64 bits version exists, it could be interesting to some tests. I know I will have some large modifications to do in the program because I wrote some optimizations for 32 bits datas. I will download the latest version of the library.

I suppose you had this 300,000 vertices message when you used the assistant on large meshed hair. This message is just an warning, it is not an error message. This indicates that the simulation will take time. If there is a way to reduce the number of vertices, the simulation will run faster. I don't remember if you have the "Cut in 2" function in your version. If so, you can keep the hair strands which are interesting for the simulation. If not, the next version will have new functions for cutting the mesh in several parts.

I never tried the Philemot bridge since I wrote the new caching method. I suppose it is necessary to replace the current .dll file by the philemot's one. In this case, the simulation will be exported using the keyframes/morphs. I will ask to Dan to reply to this question, he made a lot of tests to keep the compatibility between the two .dll files.

The video tutorils are the best way to show how works a program. I will do other tutorials and I know Dan want to finalize other ones.

Currently, my priority is to work on the test cloth and hair with an integrated simulator. I certainly will send the two files to dan just after this message and I will post the links tomorrow or in the next days.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers,

Gรฉrald

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 5:32 PM ยท edited Sat, 08 August 2020 at 5:34 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:50PM Sat, 08 August 2020 - #4396357

Hello,

I will try to reply to your questions in the same order.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I know you must be busy :-D

About Fluid simulation, I don't know when I will be able to make the first tests. I am sorry, but for me it is not a priority especially if another program exists at Renderosity or Daz3D.

Of course, I understand that you are now focused on finishing the improvements to the current program and the new dresses and hair with integrated simulation. When you're done, keep that in mind, I think it's a utility that many are looking for ;-) Although VWD Cloth & Hair is not designed for this, I tried to make a test with a water jet that moved through two animated spheres, using "Nail to collition"... the result is far from what would be a realistic physics of fluids, but the smoothness with which that jet moved and how it impacted the objects was good, it only lacked that it behaved like "particles" and that you could control the effect in the impact (bounce or stick). As far as I know, the best tool for Daz in this field right now is Fluids II, and it's not bad, for some things it's going really well, but its parameters are complicated to use and it's usual to have to do many simulations to get the desired result, and the simulations are quite slow... your program manages to handle thousands of vertices in the dresses and hair in a fluid way, lol

About jiggle in horizontal position, the current function is not suitable because the breasts does not move enough. Doing a simulation in vertical position and reposing the character in horizontal position will generate a movement with a bad gravity behaviour. I don't think the result will be correct. You can do a test with a very soft wire simulation and see if the behaviour is better. I will do this test too.

If the problem is that they don't move enough you could create a group anyway, and move that group more abruptly to accentuate the movement (I'll have to try it :-p) Doing the trick of simulating a horizontal position by moving it to vertical would require using gravity at 0 and customizing the parameters of the morphs used. I will try to do some tests in both ways, but it won't be soon.

About 64 bits version, I didn't look at the library development for a while. If the 64 bits version exists, it could be interesting to some tests. I know I will have some large modifications to do in the program because I wrote some optimizations for 32 bits datas. I will download the latest version of the library.

Oh, don't worry, I just wanted to inform you in case it was helpful... but if you think it's not necessary as the program works right now, no problem :-D

I suppose you had this 300,000 vertices message when you used the assistant on large meshed hair. This message is just an warning, it is not an error message.

Just a warning? Umm, I'll have to check it, I thought that by showing that message I couldn't continue with the simulation (that it's slow I don't care if it works well, haha)

This indicates that the simulation will take time. If there is a way to reduce the number of vertices, the simulation will run faster. I don't remember if you have the "Cut in 2" function in your version. If so, you can keep the hair strands which are interesting for the simulation. If not, the next version will have new functions for cutting the mesh in several parts.

I have the latest version available, and I've seen that option you mentioned, but I haven't used it... I'll check it out, thanks.

I never tried the Philemot bridge since I wrote the new caching method. I suppose it is necessary to replace the current .dll file by the philemot's one.

Oops, so... do I have to choose one system or the other?

In this case, the simulation will be exported using the keyframes/morphs.

That's what I'm looking for in order to make the loops better, but I don't know if the result with the dresses and hair will be good if I remove some keyframes, lol... I'll have to try it :-D

I will ask to Dan to reply to this question, he made a lot of tests to keep the compatibility between the two .dll files.

Thanks!

The video tutorils are the best way to show how works a program. I will do other tutorials and I know Dan want to finalize other ones.

I'm sure many users of the program appreciate it, thank you very much!

Currently, my priority is to work on the test cloth and hair with an integrated simulator. I certainly will send the two files to dan just after this message and I will post the links tomorrow or in the next days.

I look forward to seeing the progress and new features and products :-)

Thank you for your support.

Thanks to you and Dan for your work! BTW, from today you have one more patron ;-)

Cheers,

Gรฉrald

Cheers.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2020 at 3:33 PM

Hello,

Feel free to tell if you need help for your tests.

Thank you a lot for becoming a new patron. I don't manage the Patreon account, it is Dan who manages it. I will have more time soon and we certainly restart Patreon in September. I want to create some products and this can be a very way to thanks our Patrons.

I start two new threads which will be dedicated to the two new products I just finalized.

Thank you for your help.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2020 at 2:51 PM

Has/will a range of Animation function be added?

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2020 at 3:20 PM

Hello Nolosquinn,

Not really, the new functions are them described in the first post.

What would be the new animations functions you would like to see in the program?

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2020 at 11:10 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:57PM Sun, 16 August 2020 - #4396735

What would be the new animations functions you would like to see in the program?

Speaking of animations...

There are a couple of things that would be interesting to have. One is, I guess, the one Nolosquinn refers to, and that is to be able to define a range of frames to simulate since by default the program uses all the frames in the timeline (note: I know there is a "Start frame 0" option, but I don't know what it is for, if I uncheck it and delimit the frames through the timeline it's useless, the simulation is static in one frame; maybe I use it wrong).

The other interesting improvement would be to be able to assign a certain number of frames for a pre-simulation before frame 0. I explain myself; the most common thing is to start the animation at frame 0, but when doing the simulation in the program it usually happens that during the first 2,3 or 4 frames you notice that the simulation is being used, you can see the hair or the dress falling quickly due to the gravity. .. since I use this program for some animations I have had to get used to start the animations in frame 10, in this way, during these first 10 frames, the hair or the clothes are stabilized, and when rendering the animation from frame 10 everything is more natural. Maybe you could assign a number of frames for a pre-simulation and these would not be exported to Daz; for example, the animation has 200 frames, but you tell the program that you want 10 "pre-animation" frames, then the program does the 10 frame simulation using the pose the character has in frame 0 of the animation; this would be 210 simulation frames, but only 200 frames would be imported to Daz, ignoring the first 10.

By the way Gรฉrald, I didn't have the chance to try your new products yet, although I already downloaded them... I hope to be able to try them next week, I am looking forward to it ;-)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2020 at 2:56 PM

Hello CaptainHarlock,

I will find a way to simulate a range of frame.

About the "Start frame 0" option, you are right, this corresponds to a static simulation, to make the simulation on the current frame.

About the way to stabilize the dynamic element before to recording the simulation, I think it is possible to use the Shift key before to start the simulation. I am not sure of the result, I will verify what happens.

About the new products, they are only here for tests and try to validate the concept. My aim to create clothes and hair with a very precise mesh having a predictable behaviour in VWD. This will allow to generate very fast and very realistic simulations.

I need your help to define the simulation methods which would be interesting to you.

Thank you for your help.

Gรฉrald

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2020 at 6:09 AM ยท edited Fri, 21 August 2020 at 6:16 AM

Hi Gรฉralt, is it somehow possible to use this "new" version of VWD together with the old version? The files you gave for the hair and dress just allow me to press simulate which isn't that optimal if I try to work with it normally.

I also would have a feature suggestion, not sure if it's possible since I don't know 100% how exactly it works but would it be possible to add a frame slider/option to choose which frame range should get send as a animation to host? Daz Dforce has a option to add initial time to let the asset fall down/get some shape before starting the actual animation but in VWD, when I start animating at frame 0 I always have to deal with falling hair/cloth on the first couple frames. As far as I know is the work around in VWD to start the actual animation at like frame 20 or so and give VWD the first frames some time to get the hair/cloth into shape.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2020 at 4:05 PM

Hello Surody,

Thank you for your reply.

The different versions included in the Cloth or Hair package are not a new version, it is just a version dedicated to the cloth or the hair. You can import the cloth and start the full version of VWD. Each outfit or hair will have a specific version of VWD but the program and the settings do not take a lot of size on the disk (Often less than the textures). Selling an outfit or a hair with the VWD simulator is a way to help to make the program more known. If buyers like the result get with the simulator, they can decide to buy the full version or simply to continue to buy other VWD products.

About the time to necessary to let the asset falling down before to start the simulation, I think there is a solution even though it is not simple. Here is the sequence, if I remember correctly.

• Start a static simulation,
  • Stop the simulation,
  • Press Alt "Start static simulation" to reset the simulation.
  • Press on the Shift key to start a static simulation.
  • Release the Shift key when the cloth or the hair is stabilized.
  • Start the dynamic simulation. The simulation will be recorded from the stabilized pose. I already used this method in my simulations. I will redo some tests to confirm. Please, tell me this works correctly for you.

This solution is not perfect, I certainly will include a time or a number of frames before to really start the recording of the simulation.

creationz8 ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2020 at 10:14 AM

Hello. Any word yet when the tutorials and the new version of VWD will be out? I hardly use VWD anymore since buying it because of some things I do not understand about the software and a good tutorial would surely help.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2020 at 3:19 PM

Hello, What are the parts of the program you would like to see in a tutorial?

Rockadude ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2020 at 4:57 PM

Are we going to see more options added to the assistants? Would like to see a hair volume option added. On some hairs using the straight and long option makes the hair look too thin.

creationz8 ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2020 at 5:08 PM

Any and everything would be great. Anything to do with complex simulations as well.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 3:47 PM

Thank you for your posts.

It is very difficult to find a way to generate the same behaviour on all the hair sold at Renderosity or Daz3D.

If you want to give more volume to a hair, you can use the "Force fields" to modify the hair. You have to rename the hair and replace the "_VWD" text to anything else "_NEW" for example. Then you can restart a new simulation. I often use this method.

My current wish is to be as close as possible to real behaviours. It is for this reason I start to create clothes and hair. If you want to do very complex simulations, I think this will be the only solution. You can help me in this task. I work on a cloth generator and a hair generator which will help me to create my reference assets. I will send some first products for free to help me to define the best meshing sizes.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2020 at 4:12 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 October 2020 at 4:13 PM

HI Gรฉralt,

would it be possible to somehow make the preset settings for cloth and hair products visible? I tried to copy the Aline dress settings because I like how it's simulating but I didn't find a way to look into the settings.

How're you doing? Hope you are doing well. Can we expect some new stuff in terms of VWD in the near future?

Best,

Surody

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2020 at 3:15 PM

Hi Surody,

For all clothes and hair distributed with a specific version of the program, the RIP files will be in "Scripts/VWD/Recorded Imports" folder. You can use these RIP files in the full version of the program.

Yes, currently, I want to continue the VWD development. But the need to find the best ways to simulate products with unappropriate mesh structures takes a lot of time. I want to generate these products by myself. Using this method, I would be sure to create more realistic simulations.

Aline dress and Aline hair are just here for first tests. I am happy you like the behaviour of these products. But I certainly will generate better products soon.

The cloth and hair generators are almost finished and I hope the results will be very good. As I will use always the same meshing size for the clothes and the same meshing size for the hair, for all the new products independently of their complexity, I will be sure to create predictable behaviours. I will be very interested to have your opinion on these new products.

About the new version, I just begin to work on it and I will try to finalize it in the coming weeks.

Best to you,

Gรฉrald

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2020 at 3:34 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 3:34PM Mon, 19 October 2020 - #4401815

Hi Surody,

For all clothes and hair distributed with a specific version of the program, the RIP files will be in "Scripts/VWD/Recorded Imports" folder. You can use these RIP files in the full version of the program.

Yes, currently, I want to continue the VWD development. But the need to find the best ways to simulate products with unappropriate mesh structures takes a lot of time. I want to generate these products by myself. Using this method, I would be sure to create more realistic simulations.

Aline dress and Aline hair are just here for first tests. I am happy you like the behaviour of these products. But I certainly will generate better products soon.

The cloth and hair generators are almost finished and I hope the results will be very good. As I will use always the same meshing size for the clothes and the same meshing size for the hair, for all the new products independently of their complexity, I will be sure to create predictable behaviours. I will be very interested to have your opinion on these new products.

About the new version, I just begin to work on it and I will try to finalize it in the coming weeks.

Best to you,

Gรฉrald

Sounds great! I can't wait for more. And thank you for leading me to the RIP files.

MusicaRoca ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 3:36 PM

Is there a tutorial? I don't understand the program yet.

MusicaRoca ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 9:50 PM

when I have simulated the clothes and transfer them to DAZ, the animation works. If I now simulate the hair and transfer the result, the hair works, but the clothes are rooted in place. What am I doing wrong?

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2020 at 1:38 AM ยท edited Wed, 04 November 2020 at 1:39 AM

MusicaRoca posted at 1:37AM Wed, 04 November 2020 - #4403155

when I have simulated the clothes and transfer them to DAZ, the animation works. If I now simulate the hair and transfer the result, the hair works, but the clothes are rooted in place. What am I doing wrong?

With multiple simulated assets you need to save the simulation of the first before starting the second. I have to do it myself later today to give you the exact process.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2020 at 3:53 PM

Hello MusicaRoca,

I know I have to do many tutorials. Time is often difficult to find.

Daz Studio does not record the scripted animations so:

• when you simulate several assets, there is only the last animation which is played.
  • when you save a DS scene and when you try to reload it, the VWD assets have lost their textures and their animations. DS does not record Textures applied by script. To resolve this issues, there is a button in the "Utilities" tab named "Restore Daz Mats + Anims". This button will apply the textures of the no VWD assets to the VWD assets and will apply the animations (.DYN) recorded in the VWD directory to all the VWD assets. You can use this button all the times you need.

If you want to save a already simulated Daz scene or if you want to import a VWD DS scene in another computer, you can press on the "Save full VWD Daz Scene" button. This button will save the scene and all the necessary files in a folder. If you want to import this scene, don't use the "YourScene.duf" file but the "YourScene.dsa" file which is a script file. This script will import your scene, will apply the materials and the animations to the VWD assets.

I hope these explanations will help you.

Gรฉrald

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2020 at 4:23 PM

Hi Gรฉrald!

May the application not detect the new 30xx series GPUs? If the memory doesn't fail me when I tried it, it didn't detect my 3090; although I can't assure you 100% because due to some problems I had to reassemble the 1080Ti.

In case of not detecting them, do you plan an upgrade so that they can work? It would be really interesting to take advantage of its power, lmao

Thanks!

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2020 at 4:55 PM

CaptainHarlock posted at 4:55PM Wed, 11 November 2020 - #4404261

Hi Gรฉrald!

May the application not detect the new 30xx series GPUs? If the memory doesn't fail me when I tried it, it didn't detect my 3090; although I can't assure you 100% because due to some problems I had to reassemble the 1080Ti.

In case of not detecting them, do you plan an upgrade so that they can work? It would be really interesting to take advantage of its power, lmao

Thanks!

Not sure if that's related, but did you install the 4.14 version of Daz? It got released yesterday and supports the 3000 series. The 4.12 release build doesn't.

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2020 at 5:33 PM

Surody posted at 5:31PM Wed, 11 November 2020 - #4404269

CaptainHarlock posted at 4:55PM Wed, 11 November 2020 - #4404261

Hi Gรฉrald!

Thanks!

Not sure if that's related, but did you install the 4.14 version of Daz? It got released yesterday and supports the 3000 series. The 4.12 release build doesn't.

Thanks, but I think the GPU detection is independent of Daz (maybe I'm wrong).

In any case, I tried it with the beta v4.12.2.60 which already supports the 3090.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2020 at 3:12 PM

Hello CaptainHarlock and Surody,

I don't have this graphic card. I will try to understand why this card is not recognized in the program. I will give you more informations quickly.

Have you some error in the program when it starts?

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2020 at 3:35 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 3:30PM Thu, 12 November 2020 - #4404390

I don't have this graphic card. I will try to understand why this card is not recognized in the program. I will give you more informations quickly.

Hi,

I'm sorry I can't confirm it 100%, right now I don't have the 3090 mounted in my computer and I can't test it, but I'm almost sure it's not detected... at that time I was testing with Daz and I activated the integrated GPU in the motherboard to connect the monitors, with the 3090 also in the system, and when I opened VWD it only detected the integrated Intel; the program didn't show any error, and I could do the simulation, although using the CPU because the integrated Intel was very slow, lol

I make great use of VWD and it would be very interesting to be able to take advantage of the great power of the 3090.

I would be very grateful if you could take a look at it and offer support :2049: Thanks!

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2020 at 12:43 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:42PM Fri, 13 November 2020 - #4404390

Hi,

Sorry, I've been doing so many tests that I guess I miss... the 3090 is detected by the program, although I haven't tried any simulation yet, I just wanted to confirm if it was detected or not.

Greetings and thanks! ;-)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2020 at 5:04 PM

Hello,

I am happy to ear all works fine. I wanted to send you a program which detects all the graphic cards in the PC. The detection of the graphic cards depends on the Kernel in the OpenCL settings.

Please, tell me if all works fine now.

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2020 at 5:24 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:17PM Fri, 13 November 2020 - #4404489

Hello,

I am happy to ear all works fine. I wanted to send you a program which detects all the graphic cards in the PC. The detection of the graphic cards depends on the Kernel in the OpenCL settings.

Please, tell me if all works fine now.

I did a little hair movement simulation test and it worked, so it seems that there is no problem in using the new 30xx series with the program :-D

Although, taking advantage of the occasion, hehe, I wanted to comment... without extra "shells" in the body the program works really fast, and I know that there's an option to check when there are "shells" to make it work properly, however, that makes it much slower... Would there be a way to avoid that? Thanks!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2020 at 5:56 PM

When you have extra "shells" in the body, you have to import the animation using OBJ files before Daz script does not include the "shell" vertices in the geometry functions. If you want to simulate quickly, you can record the animation using OBJ files. This method does not take time at the simulation but needs more time before.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 3:55 PM

Excuse, I wrote "before" and not "because". My sentence is not understandable... Sorry.

Please CaptainHarlock, could you do a short video showing the computing speed with your 3090 graphic card?

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Wed, 27 January 2021 at 5:30 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:27PM Wed, 27 January 2021 - #4404596

Excuse, I wrote "before" and not "because". My sentence is not understandable... Sorry.

Please CaptainHarlock, could you do a short video showing the computing speed with your 3090 graphic card?

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, it's been a long time since I've been here :-p

Of course, whatever you need.... What would you need? I mean, how to know the computational speed?

BTW, I know these are difficult times and I guess it won't be easy to work on this project, but since it's been a while since I was here, I would like to take this opportunity to ask if there is any news regarding any new version or new features. By the way, some time ago I told you that it would be interesting to have a good liquid simulator with realistic physics, have you thought about it? ;-)

Take care!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2021 at 3:48 PM

Hi,

About computational speed, I would like to see how fast is a simulation made on hair with 300.000 vertices. I would like to compare with my GTX 1080 TI graphic card.

I certainly will do a new version with a few improvements soon.

About liquid simulator, this should be a very long work. Currently, I have no time for that. Sorry!

Take care too!

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 02 February 2021 at 10:54 AM

CaptainHarlock posted at 10:53AM Tue, 02 February 2021 - #4411211

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, it's been a long time since I've been here :-p

Of course, whatever you need.... What would you need? I mean, how to know the computational speed?

BTW, I know these are difficult times and I guess it won't be easy to work on this project, but since it's been a while since I was here, I would like to take this opportunity to ask if there is any news regarding any new version or new features. By the way, some time ago I told you that it would be interesting to have a good liquid simulator with realistic physics, have you thought about it? ;-)

Take care!

There's ways to get fluid sims from Blender into Daz Studio.

CaptainHarlock ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2021 at 3:49 AM

Surody posted at 3:46AM Thu, 04 February 2021 - #4411703

Hi,

Take care!

Hi Surody,

Thanks for replying.

I don't have much experience with programs external to Daz, although I'm doing some testing with some for the animations.

Could you explain something more about this process, do you use the new bridge for Blender, what utility do you use in Blender for the liquids, do the Daz materials then work well on the liquids generated by Blender, do you have any video where I can see an example?

Thank you very much!

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2021 at 3:12 AM ยท edited Fri, 05 February 2021 at 3:13 AM

CaptainHarlock posted at 3:13AM Fri, 05 February 2021 - #4411841

Surody posted at 3:46AM Thu, 04 February 2021 - #4411703

Hi,

Take care!

Hi Surody,

Thanks for replying.

I don't have much experience with programs external to Daz, although I'm doing some testing with some for the animations.

Could you explain something more about this process, do you use the new bridge for Blender, what utility do you use in Blender for the liquids, do the Daz materials then work well on the liquids generated by Blender, do you have any video where I can see an example?

Thank you very much!

You'll need this script: https://github.com/versluis/animmorph and then you use the build-in Blender fluid engine to simulate what you want and export it as obj sequence. Then you load the first obj of that sequence into Daz and apply all the OBJs as morphs with the morph loader. Then you use the script to sequence those morphs on the timeline and you got the fluid sim. You can just apply a iray shader to the object and give it some iray fluid shader after exporting it to Daz.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.