Sun, Sep 15, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:04 am)

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:16 AM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:16 AM

In some sort of way after studying a wider range of possibilities I figures out that in the future it sure could be a part of integration into Poser, If used as enhancement, not to change or replace your work. so I ran a deep test and the results are amazing! 

Considering that you have a texture set of 2k but you wish having a 6k and higher render, you need to have enhanced textures or a enhanced render, either way yo will need the Models for it to work. I tested a simple texturing I made and boy the result are blowing me away !  Now got a problem as all models I have made could run through a update

Here is a sample , Not using my textures but a Image. the original is 832 x 1248 with a minor quality. Using AI I upscale the Image to 3328 x 4992 and raise the quality,

Original 

jnEa6oFvNVXVfkANBtqhddVt8GUPxZ45OkSw9I4E.jpeg

AI enhanced Open in new window to see full size

AN5svqaU6bzWHivAfkKR09GPBgfqDfWuAayBProU.jpeg

Original

Uh6WnxRcMZCpKJGAwoNKFVzJSBL4P8i7zS9kI7K8.jpeg

AI enhanced Open in new window to see full size

W8YPCu4MzH3pkrsjdHly89vdXGpahQ9pxqbxj7no.jpeg

this is just a fast local run ! I did the same thing with a model I am working at enhancing all the textures, but considering that this tech also is capable enhancing final renders it sure would be an amazing addition in poser. Now I just got on a point after these testing and curiosity that I probably can't be without it for the Texture creations that raise my model creations onto a all new level of quality ! 

You talk allot about texturing in these forums, how to improve your renders with texture setups, here we just have a amazing solution without altering your creativity or Images based on coincidence, you control your art  AI just fixing the quality of your work, just like a program that is adjusting the color and contrast ....  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 10:13 AM

Renderosity,  the owner of Poser, has banned AI here, for reasons Afrodite-Ohki summed up succinctly earlier in this thread. I highly doubt that they:

1.  would entertain including any of its iterations in their software and

2. Would not lock this thread or even delete it if people continue to insist on the inclusion of it.

As this is the forum of a private enterprise, I am inclined to respect their rules.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 11:27 AM
JustBeCause posted at 8:16 AM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478365

Would you PLEASE stop publishing those......... "pictures" everywhere?

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 11:37 AM

Rhia474 posted at 10:13 AM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478379

Renderosity,  the owner of Poser, has banned AI here, for reasons Afrodite-Ohki summed up succinctly earlier in this thread. I highly doubt that they:

2. Would not lock this thread or even delete it if people continue to insist on the inclusion of it.

As this is the forum of a private enterprise, I am inclined to respect their rules.

I Personally am not for all these AI features when it is starting to replace my creativity, but like mentioned in the case above it can be helpful for 3D creations enhancing the Textures and renders without a coincidental feature. I searched for solutions that can help creators, the one shown above is like using a Photoshop creating your Textures Like you would enhance Contrast or Colors not more, and btw you can integrate it into PS as a plugin. Should it now end up that all creators have to go elsewhere with there poser creations jut because Renderosity has banned AI to raise up there Figure and textures to a higher level ?   Sure we can take all this away from these forums, from renderosity but then it will just end up that the next level poser models will not be found here ending up on other stores.

For me it is also all new just like for you, what I have learned ( Enhancing Textures ) can't be undone and will be used on any future model I make to reach the 4 to 6k resolution on renders as the Poser figures and renders look soooo much better with the Improved textures .... 

I sure respect your opinion, it is your choice, but I believe that many creators would find this method quiet useful  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 11:46 AM
Site Admin

Only certain AI has been banned. If it's pure AI such as an image based on text, then it is not allowed. AI as part of an image enhancement is allowed.

Please see https://www.renderosity.com/article/27412/renderosity-updated-policy-for-ai-images-in-galleries for more information.

As long as the thread stays civil and productive, I'm not going to lock it. If it degenerates into the AI vs no AI debate that has been rehashed in several forums here, there would be no point in keeping the thread going.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 1:02 PM

Makes sense, RedPhantom, thank you.

Yes, Photoshop makes extensive use of their own AI. Not sure how implementing anything like that would even be feasible for Bondware in Poser without incurring a massive price increase, because dev costs for something like that are non trivial. Plus which, like I said, Photoshop already does it, and people use it for postwork a lot with Poser images already.  How would this be different enough to justify?

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 1:50 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 1:51 PM

In the sample showed above it is a standalone local, can be optionally integrated in Ps, Ps does not have this Ai feature atm. But sure a option leaving doors open to integrate into poser even if it would be as a Plugin, same aspect like support for Nvidia or Optix these are all integrations that keep the program ajour . Bondware also decided to offer support to the latest Gpu series witch actually perform the same objectives. ( Faster Better ) Now we get on a point where AI witch also is going to be a part of your GPU support. So what I'v done was actually a render of a 2d Texture, Picture, render, re rendering it using Local AI model templates, a little like a investigation of a pixeled face on a picture making it recognizable. 

Basically it would not be allot more then to integrate a different Render engine or a optix support, an other way of rendering. You can't compare this with postworking it would clearly be enhancing, a little like the new enhancing features in poser for the final render that we already are having . so just imagine you load a model with 1000x1000 textures you render it 1000x1000 but your output is fully enhanced on 10'000x10'000, no noise no visible pixles, a secondary render that runs faster then your first run for the 10x larger output in just a few minutes.

Sure you can use this feature externally, no doubt about that, but making a program of great value and of more interest for users is the integration. Not really reliable if you need to say , Poser makes the basic render but if you wish having a professional output for printing you need another high end expensive Programm or even more then one.

with such a integration People would make a run for it and even pay a little more as it can be used professionally. Just imagine instead of the next release Poser 14 it would be called Poser-AI only the name would cause a huge interest ! Just a Intelligent AI built in enhancement. 

I understand that it would not be easy as poser is mostly based on Open source there they would have to work a little on ....      

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 2:29 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 2:32 PM

Y-Phil posted at 11:27 AM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478383

JustBeCause posted at 8:16 AM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478365

Would you PLEASE stop publishing those......... "pictures" everywhere?
Ok I understand that the samples might be a little irritating. I passed a little more time setting up my machine for better Figure creations. 

Here I have a Texture for a older poser light Bear Model that started way back.  the original texture was 512 x 512 no way to get it on the today Standard 

Original texture 512 x 512

pJvDpq3fTgRW4ODoloFttMyoFWdc2pK98Vy0ZdNV.jpg

Here is the New version that sure can be used now day's 6144 x 6144 AI enhancement ( Check in new window full size )

8iFNSYDamt1kl5JSAHNic9ubUP0EzHEOboFWR60v.jpg

comparing a cutout of the eye section with traditional enlarging and the AI enlarging method for the 6144 x 6144 Texture

JZTehq45xX0Y2orVUXXbOJCjxpjRsxAzbBC1QIDO.jpg

I guess this is a better sample making you understand what such features might bring for the future applied on a texture bringing your models on a way higher quality level.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 2:34 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 2:37 PM
JustBeCause posted at 1:50 PM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478391

Poser going to the next Cuda release has little to do with AI. It has everything to do with keeping up with the hardware sold. Just as it has Metal support now as well.

Putting all the AI in the world into the program would kill the content market, completely. You would not need that "blue dress with ruffles on the hem and a deep plunge cut on a voluptuous blonde blowing a kiss....", because the AI could do the entire scene from a blank preview....

You would not even need Poser, so what's the point. Just do it in the available AI and be done with it. You don't need Poser at all to do so.....

So.... What would be the point of killing the program to satisfy the AI falling sky people that insist it is the future and don't realize that most gpu's cant do AI off line....? 

A 4090 struggles to run models as it is.... So there is that little thing the AI peeps never mention......

You cant add a feature to a program where you don't control the server doing the AI.....

Give it a rest already..........................

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 3:36 PM

@ shvrdavid 

For me no problem at all was just a suggestion making it more interesting for users with less experiences , Most of the things I need are already adapted and linked with poser if they are needed to make figure creations, Thanks to this thread tickling my curiosity I am already on the best way integrating this system into my poser system enhancing my workflow and quality of my creations.

I see that not much has changed in here and that there is little to almost no interest for any enhancements that could make modeling and rendering in poser better, rather a mentality of creators in here, I keep my dirty little secret for my self. This is rather causing that thing will not evolve.

My suggestion was never to replace the artist creativity with AI coincidental creations, in contrary. And btw like mentioned before all presented work has been done locally, not online, no Internet, not controlled by a server !   

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 4:48 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 4:53 PM

I have had many things added to Poser, and many things shot down that I suggested. And AI isn't going to happen anytime soon in Poser, or on your PC locally. Running Stable diffusion, etc, is no different than running any other program. Because it is only a program, and there is no AI in it, at all. Zip, nada..... 

How people can not understand that, is beyond me..... Your not running Ai in your pc locally, or your phone, etc. That isn't possible because it doesn't have the processing power or the storage to sort the trillions of findings. Your running a small program, nothing more.

If you have suggestions for filters, things to improve workflow, etc, that's great............. Simply claiming AI will........ Is not...

Poser 13 already has things to clean up images, etc. And it even has things I asked for in there to do so. 

Presentation is everything if you want something added to Poser, and I am telling you that because I have years of experience of getting things added to Poser.

You have to present things in a way programmers understand. You have to know what your talking about. And the Devs have to see a benefit in adding it without breaking the bank. The only thing you have really shown is cleaning up images. And Poser already has that in it. That will undoubtedly see improvements in the future. That also has nothing to do with AI, at all. Tensor cores (AI machine learning cores) are rarely used for filters of any kind, because that isn't what they do....Cuda and CPU cores are superior at filters and complex math. Using the GPU only to do something in a program presents a lot of issues your missing as well. Not everyone using Poser has a Nvidia GPU.... And no one on a Mac does, basically.....

Whatever gets added, has to work in all those cases.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 5:35 PM

Actually not that small ... 20gig for basic local usage, no need of a high end computer, not cheap ok, got to invest a little but worth doing so. AI yes, updates for a year on models "yes", then Pay again, what you need is space, render speed is about like using Poser or a little faster, Local yes, would take way longer getting each time this size of data online for one enhancement , way faster having it local, not based on filters else every other Photo app could generate such enlargements in this quality and speed. You give the algorithm for the Autopilot and you are set, make some adjustments in the AI for the amount all in real time if you do not like what the Autopilot has done. Save and done ! 

having years of experience has nothing to do with new possible features as these were not existent in these years of experience, it is a new learning curve that has nothing in common with the past.

Done for now, I payed the bill got the toy and use it on my future releases Locally, it will be covered by sales, this is the point, and loyal customers are hopefully happy campers getting enhanced quality models.  

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 5:51 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 6:00 PM

shvrdavid posted at 4:48 PM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478399

I have had many things added to Poser, and many things shot down that I suggested. And AI isn't going to happen anytime soon in Poser, or on your PC locally. Running Stable diffusion, etc, is no different than running any other program. Because it is only a program, and there is no AI in it, at all. Zip, nada..... 

How people can not understand that, is beyond me..... Your not running Ai in your pc locally, or your phone, etc. That isn't possible because it doesn't have the processing power or the storage to sort the trillions of findings. Your running a small program, nothing more.

If you have suggestions for filters, things to improve workflow, etc, that's great............. Simply claiming AI will........ Is not...

Poser 13 already has things to clean up images, etc. And it even has things I asked for in there to do so. 

Presentation is everything if you want something added to Poser, and I am telling you that because I have years of experience of getting things added to Poser.

You have to present things in a way programmers understand. You have to know what your talking about. And the Devs have to see a benefit in adding it without breaking the bank. The only thing you have really shown is cleaning up images. And Poser already has that in it. That will undoubtedly see improvements in the future. That also has nothing to do with AI, at all. Tensor cores (AI machine learning cores) are rarely used for filters of any kind, because that isn't what they do....Cuda and CPU cores are superior at filters and complex math. Using the GPU only to do something in a program presents a lot of issues your missing as well. Not everyone using Poser has a Nvidia GPU.... And no one on a Mac does, basically.....

Whatever gets added, has to work in all those cases.....

Saw the RedPhantoms post, so thought I would answer as long as it is productive, which I think ought to be possible, even if people disagree. 

Whether it is true AI or not, it is referred to as generative AI, maybe they will create a better word for it someday.

Also I think the issue is a lot seem to judge it based on what they see now, rather than where things are heading, and also that these things take time to develop, so starting doing it in 10 years makes little sense. 

There are lots of examples of how these AI's are starting to get integrated into programs like PS, Blender etc. And I think we can be sure that if they do it, then we will see it for all the other applications as well, like Unreal, Unity, 3ds max, Maya etc.

I won't link the Blender ones because they are quite technical and rather boring if one is not using an app like that.

But you can see some of the stuff they are working on here: Blender AI

That you say you struggle running AI with a 4090 I don't understand im running it fine on a 1080ti 12gb. But could even run it on my 1660 super with 6gb. Also I think we can be pretty sure that Nvidia etc will develop chips especially for AI at some point in the future, given the popularity of it.

I found this on Reddit, which you could say is extremely relevant for Renderosity:

Hello everyone, I’m Thanos, the Product Marketing Manager of CGTrader, a 3D content marketplace. I wanted to share CGDream.ai with you, a product utilizing SD models that we’ve been working on and recently launched, as I am seeking precious community feedback. What it does is blending 3D models with SD to create 2D visuals, offering users total control of their AI images. As it's still in beta, we're really keen to get your thoughts and feedback.

With CGDream you start with a 3D model from our library that will guide your AI generated visuals. This means you get to control your scene and your image, from the positioning and camera angle to the main subject and concept of the image. Guiding the AI with a 3D model also means that you always get the visuals you imagined, consistency in your image generations, and you can even use your own 3D models (upcoming feature) to generate visuals with them. We also made it super easy to use with no background in 3D needed.

Also it should be noted that 3D models used in CGDream.ai are not used for any kind of training, but merely used to guide the image generation. Currently, our 3D model library is limited, but we're actively working to expand it.

This is the list of features of CGDream.ai:

- 3D to image generation, a new way to generate images with 3D models with just some text prompts

- Numerous filters to choose from to give your images a distinct look and feel

- Our Dream function that uses AI to turn simple prompts into lively and exciting ones for even more interesting results

- Upcoming feature, the ability to upload your own 3D models to generate images

We're aware of some bugs, like login issues and queue display inconsistencies, and we're working to address these. Plus, we're planning a redesign and improving our mobile experience.

CGDream.ai is free to use and also offers a paid plan. I really want to hear from you. What do you think of its approach? How would you use it? Or even stumbled upon a bug or two? Drop your thoughts, questions, or any feedback you have from me. I'll be around to chat, answer questions, and soak up all your insights.

I appreciate all comments, feedback and opinions. Thank you.

------
This is a pure marketplace, yet they seem to have a completely different approach to what AI can be used for. And they don't even have a program like Poser. So again, these tools will pop up everywhere.

Then you have the 3d library that Stability is working on, which is an open source model with 10 million 3d objects in it. 

objaverse-xl

And you can see a video here of it: Stable 3D

As written beneath the video, all the objects and scene were created in a few hours, so one can only imagine this once this technology gets improved and hardware better. 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 7:21 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 7:29 PM

Well if anyone can come up with a feature to add to Poser that every Poser user can use on any hardware, I am all ears. 

Like I said, AI is the new Turbo, and people slap it on everything. It amazes me that people don't understand the difference between an AI, and a simple API that the AI came up with that has nothing AI in it at all........... Even the Stable link above mentions that api's.............. That the AI created........ And there are already words to described it.....

This thread was started as a wish list for feature improvements, not spawning off a separate company to create a custom AI to write new api's for inclusion into Poser on a server stack that uses more electricity a day than the city you live in does. Who is paying for that?

At the end of the day, no one is adding someone else's api's to anything without permissions, licensing, etc. Which also seems to go right over peoples heads. The Stable link above has a link to the licensing section.... And that is because virtually none of the models will run on a desktop, let alone the AI that created the api's that wont even load into memory in any desktop........ There is pricing for the Stable Diffusion credits for a reason. Very little of what it does will not run on your desktop....... And what will, is slow as molasses in January......

Just remember, computers have not put paint and pencils out of business. And if your going to use CGDream, you won't even need Poser or any other 3d program either.. 

People have also left out a very important point in all of this, and they avoid it like the plague.

Every image you post to Rendo that you created in Poser, Studio, your camera, drew, painted, etc....  Is yours, you own the copyright to it by default. You could have limited usage rights depending on the content you used, but it is your image.

Any image created using AI, in any step, is not copyrightable, meaning you don't own it or the rights to even post it here where the TOS says you can only post images you hold the rights too.. Most people ignore that, and that includes everyone that ever posted an image here that used AI to create it.....

Do you really want to do that to your Poser images? Or should I say, are you willing want to violate the TOS just to have an api that removes any chance of a copyright?

It is a slippery slope, and I am not sure if tying a program to it on that slope, is such a good idea either. 

I get that people want cool stuff, but I also get the other side of it as well....

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:27 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:29 PM

How are MJ able to provide the service they do? People pay a monthly fee or they buy credits to use the service X amount of times. Obviously, this is because they are running the servers.

But these things can run locally, I don't know why you say they can't? They do it in Blender, I do it (not 3d, but have the extension, but haven't played around with it that much, but have generated some 3d models and it took a few minutes), besides that, people train their own models locally as well, which also takes a bit of time and they make videos which is also a heavy task. Sure some prefer paying for some external tool because it is faster, but that is not the same as saying that it is impossible to run locally.

Renderosity is free to develop their own features, they don't have to buy them.

Just remember, computers have not put paint and pencils out of business. And if your going to use CGDream, you won't even need Poser or any other 3d program either.. 

I have no clue where all this is going to end up, it might be possible that simply generating 2d images is so effective that 3d isn't used as it is today. If you can generate an awesome-looking Hollywood quality movie without any 3d or After effects. I think there is a good chance that people will do that. But all this is extremely new, so it is also possible that new uses for 3d will emerge or it will simply be used in a different type of workflow than now. So sure, it is a possibility, but again the fact is that things are changing and the stuff people do now simply with generative AI is insane. Stuff that would take months to do, like a video, takes a few hours now, there are quality issues.

I don't have a solution or answer to it, because things are going so fast with new tools and improvements popping up almost daily.

Every image you post to Rendo that you created in Poser, Studio, your camera, drew, painted, etc....  Is yours, you own the copyright to it by default. You could have limited usage rights depending on the content you used, but it is your image.

Any image created using AI, in any step, is not copyrightable, meaning you don't own it or the rights to even post it here where the TOS says you can only post images you hold the rights too.. Most people ignore that, and that includes everyone that ever posted an image here that used AI to create it.....

Do you really want to do that to your Poser images? Or should I say, are you willing want to violate the TOS just to have an api that removes any chance of a copyright?

The truth is that I don't think the majority of people care about it that much when it is AI-generated, because you generate so many images anyway, so you might generate 100s of images and like 2-3 of them and you are not going to sell them anyway. There are lots of AI art sites filled with images already, the amount of images generated each day after AI was released is insane.

And if Poser should add AI features whatever they might be, they might have to update their policies, but that is a small change compared to being left behind by all the other companies. I follow along with all these things and see people posting 100s of images each day and I am yet to see anyone complain or even mention that it is an issue or even see people trying to copy each other, people are just having fun. I have seen one case (assume there are more) where someone has use AI to copy someone's actual handcrafted art and tried selling it, and the reaction from those using AI, was that it is wrong. But you will always have people that will do stuff like that, there is also a chance that someone downloads an image from the gallery and posts it somewhere else as if it was their own, or they buy a product here and sell it somewhere else, or download one from a free site and just turn it into a product.

I don't think there is any real solution to this when you are talking digital stuff, then people can exploit it. You even have AI tools now that can remove the watermarks from Stock images at the cost of some quality etc. 

This is personal obviously, but I don't consider the stuff I make to be art as much as a learning process and something I do because I think it is fun, and if someone "stole" them I honestly wouldn't care. I wouldn't feel the same with my products, because I spend a lot of time on them and their purpose is different than creating an image, again I don't consider myself an artist, so I could understand how someone doing that would feel differently. But I will say that if 3d generative AI becomes so good that you can generate high-quality objects then I wouldn't care if someone used those I made, simply because it is so easy to do and pointless trying to consider such a thing unique. It is the same with all the images that people generate, you can generate 100s of images in 30-60 minutes, so who cares if someone uses them. 

And this is also what I mean with things changing, it is not only Poser users it is whole industries that are going to change. As shown in a post above with music, ChatGPT is being integrated as support bots, translation tasks, people using them to generate all kinds of texts, replies you name it. The only limit is really human imagination it seems. Even within programming, there are huge changes going on. I think the Q* is almost confirmed now, which means that it will get even crazier soon when AI starts to become better at math as well, which is going to have a serious impact on how we do things and it will probably also impact the 2d/3d area even more than now. I don't think anyone knows where these things are going, except that it is going very fast. 

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:43 PM

This I think is insane:

Animate anyone

Paper:

https://humanaigc.github.io/animate-anyone/

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 9:05 PM

Sigh.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 10:47 PM
3D-Mobster posted at 8:43 PM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478408

I hear what your saying, but like I said, businesses have to do what they think is right, what they can afford, and what is legal. While you may not care about the legalities of things, many others do care.

You still seem to be missing the point of much of what I am saying. Yes, you can run the algorithms, the api's, that AI creates to do many things on a Raspberry Pi. But if you saw how fast AI actually runs on a server you would realize how far what you are talking about is behind. I have a 4070ti, which is one of the fastest cards Nvidia makes, and it struggles to run the simplest true AI models. I know that because I have tried a few of them that interested me. I even tested one. They crush the fastest Nvidia cards made, and I don't think you understand that at all. You need hundreds of them pooled into a VM to do any AI or Machine learning development at any competitive pace. So for Poser to develop its own stuff, where are they going to get that? And how are they going to pay for it?

Google has already spent 200 billion....... 200 billion over 10+ years, just on AI.... And what they spend goes up every year exponentially. Adobe just raised another 65 million to continue developments, within one year......

One thing you are right about, is this is new to most people. But as far as where it is going to go is conjecture to the extreme, here, and everywhere else.

Most that invest in AI will fail, just like every other new thing. That is one thing you can be certain of.

Yes, it would be nice to have all these cool tools. But at what cost, and worse yet, the cost of failure.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 4:58 AM

People.. You are asking to turn a car into an aeroplane.. Let the people who make aeroplanes, make aeroplanes, and leave the cars be cars. How about suggestions to make Poser a better car instead of turning it into something else?

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 5:17 AM

Im not saying that I don't care about what is legal and obviously, Renderosity should care also, but Blender, PS, MJ, CGtrader etc. all have to deal with these things as well, so I don't see it being unique for Renderosity. 

And I think, things are getting mixed up here, im not suggesting that Renderosity should develop their own AI as those huge companies have, I agree that would be absurd. 

But these smaller companies and even individuals are creating tools to be used with AI. If you look at a lot of these extensions for SD that are being developed by small open-source teams or individuals and then people can install them locally and use them to train models, create videos and images.

And I don't see why Renderosity couldn't benefit from tools like that as well. If you look at the rigging tool for characters that I showed in some of the videos, it would be pretty cool if you could rig like that in Poser rather than how it is now where it is a fairly complex task. Rigging in general takes a long time so being able to automate this would be pretty nice, even if it took 20-30 minutes it would still be faster than doing it by hand. 

Like JustBeCause that have found a use for it with textures. 

I agree that a lot of these things probably won't make it, but I think it is more likely that they will fail due to competition and that some companies will be able to deliver better applications than others as it have always been. And I think that could be said with Poser as well if they insist on maintaining the old ways, rather than keeping up with new technologies and what the other companies are doing. So it goes both ways, if Poser gets too outdated in its workflow and users can simply use another software to generate the images they like much easier and faster, that would be devastating for Poser as well.

So im not saying that Poser will automatically fail if it doesn't, but looking at how people use software in general, they tend to use those that they think solve their needs the best and fastest, and that software that gets to outdated simply fails. 

But so far Poser has lived off being easy to use. You can't compare the complexity of Blender or 3ds Max to that of Poser It is a massive learning curve and therefore it is appealing to a lot of people. But most people can within hours figure out how to generate high-quality images using generative AI, which could potentially take weeks if not months to make for a professional artist. So the barrier between complexity and quality is being removed so to speak.

And if you look at the service that CGtrader is doing with AI, it is basically what I did with V4 and SD above, they simply seem to aim at making this into a service that is easy to use and most likely further develop it. Will it fail? Maybe who knows, or it might give them an edge over the other marketplaces.

The chance is also that a new Poser-like program arrive that only uses simple 3d geometry and generative AI, we are seeing that slowly emerge in Blender, yet still in its infancy and not very good at the moment.

But things are a lot more complicated now than they were before because you can generate 3d objects anywhere and use them in whatever program. Poser will have to face these issues at some point no matter what, it might not matter or it could have a huge impact, not only on Poser but also all the content creators. Just as they have to face the fact that you can generate high-quality 2d images, which is probably a competition they didn't expect. There has always been kind of a split between 2D, photography and 3D, all requiring a huge amount of effort and skills, which has vanished if what you are after is simply the image. You no longer have to go through all the problems using a 3D program or having to draw it.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 5:25 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 4:58 AM Fri, 1 December 2023 - #4478416

People.. You are asking to turn a car into an aeroplane.. Let the people who make aeroplanes, make aeroplanes, and leave the cars be cars. How about suggestions to make Poser a better car instead of turning it into something else?

That is the intention to make Poser better at cars, its not about turning it into something else. Wouldn't you think it would be cool if you could finally get realistic dynamic looking hair in images?

Cool effects added to them, like wet surface, snowy surfaces, fog, fire etc. without having to spend hours rendering one image only to see that it looks wrong.

Tools for easier rigging, animation, lighting etc.

I just think it is wrong to suggest that Renderosity should just throw in the towel on these potentials and whether they could make Poser a better software, they still have to spend time developing other features anyway, this wouldn't stop regardless, so they might as well spend the time seeing if there are some potential in AI that could be beneficial.

dreamcutter ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 7:08 AM

Rhia474 posted at 10:13 AM Thu, 30 November 2023 - #4478379

Yeah, Its the Streisand effect, the more peeps are dissuaded, the more the interest it heightened.  AI, AI, AI...whether actually intelligent or artificial it is the method that aggravates. Shifting the artistic decisions to network intelligence may create hominization in design ref: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23674696/chatgpt-ai-creativity-originality-homogenization

A LIST OF FEATURE SUGGESTIONS by the users should be specified by CAPABILITY and use case example, not the means of how its accomplished.  The means (including level of AI implemented) should be left to the dev engineers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.