Fri, Sep 20, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Lady Luna stealing again. Can't this stop?

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:31 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

file_41043.jpg

Since there is no forum for Feestuff and it was in PoserFree Stuff I'll try here. Last year Lady Luna destoyed the sales of my histooric Gowns completely and utterly when she flooded freestuf with historic dresses using the bodixes from my gowns. There were like a dozen of them EACH having over 2000 downloads each before someone told me about it. I contacted Renderosity and finally they were taken down after a short time.So now she is doing it again. On the left is the bodice from her latest and on the right the bodice from mine. Same bodice mesh she used before. I think 12 dresses constitutes 12 infractions. Look at the number of downloads in the next image. I am all for assuming people are innocent, but this woman is clearing stealing mesh and knows it. Nothing personal but I really think someone needs to take some responsibility for FreeStuff and ban her at this point. Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:32 PM

file_41044.jpg

screenshot

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:36 PM

Yikes. Have you contacted Renderosity people, and Lady Luna herself? Hard to believe that people would be so blatent. Sorry that it's happening to ya and I hope they do do something about that.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:38 PM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you - again. :( The audacity of some people is so abhorrent.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:40 PM

She knows what she is doing. She knew last time too. She has been around long enough and should just be banned at this point I think. Her doesn't seem to be able to control herself. And I am sure the other pieces are from other people as well. She isn't a modeller. She just rehacks other people's meshes.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:40 PM
Site Admin

Funny thing is she puts usage restrictions on it as if she owned it...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

kbennett ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:41 PM

Anton, just letting you know that someone's spotted this thread. I'll inform admin right now. Kev.

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:48 PM

I've deleted the link for now, notified Lady Luna of the issue, and contacted one of the admins to take a further look into this. You can always IM us to let us know so we can take action more quickly. You might want to look at some of the other items as some of the items look like they might contain pieces from DAZ's clothing sets. Thanks, Crescent

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:53 PM

is lady luna another name for gloria gast? just asking because i had a go round with her a year, year and a half ago.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:56 PM

Crescent, You might want to delete everything she has submitted. Again this happened last year as well using the same bodice mesh accross a dozen dresses. I thought about using IM but was told in the past Renderosity isn't resposible for Freestuff and to handle it with the artist. Obviously Gloria just doesn't care. And her email is not working. Anton

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 8:10 PM

Poppi, Since the files are coming from GG's Poser Junction...well, yeah, it is her.

Spike ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 8:41 PM

Yes, we are looking into this matter..

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 8:49 PM

cherokee...i don't much download from freestuff, so, have not that research. however, i did remember my own little go round with her.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 9:36 PM

Those are my sleeves on the GGs Fantasy Gown(370 downloads) next to it .....and my old necklace and earings on GGs Indian Dancer (600 downloads). I think that is my old cape prop from Prop's Guild.(390 downloads) Please just delete evything she has posted. Gloria is out of control. Noone is that stupid after a previous incident and warning.

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 10:34 PM

I deleted all the links to her page that I know of. If anyone finds another link in Free Stuff, please let us know. If something like this happens again, please IM one of us. I think all the mods can remove Free Stuff links, even if they're not Poser mods. (I could, and I'm not.) Thanks! Cres

Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 10:40 PM

People have been banned for less. Why isn't she banned?

...... Kendra

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 10:58 PM

Only admins can ban members. One of the admins has to examine the mesh and see if the accusation is true. (This isn't to call Anton a liar. We have to look at both/all sides to be fair.) After the mesh has been examined, if it is stolen, then she'll be banned. If it is an honest mistake - the mesh is similar but different, then the information and proof will be sent to Anton and the links will be put back up. This does take a little bit of time. To minimize damage, the links have been taken down while the mesh is examined. It hasn't been very long since Spike found out about it, so please give him and the other admins a bit of time to look this over. If the accusations are true, then she will be banned. We don't publically announce bannings, so if she is banned, it will be done quietly. Thanks, Cres

sergemarck ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 1:38 AM

Please be very careful about what you say.I made myself a lot of historical gown and I think I "destroyed" you more than Lady Luna. I don't like at all this word. For personnal reasons, Lady Luna has all the rights about my meshes and can cut and arrange them as she want. So be sure it's really yours. About my work, I keep all the modeling steps and I can send them to any lawyer you would like. Serge

Silverleif-Studios ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 3:00 AM

Gotta go with Anton on this one Sergemarck, I've worked on textures for both your models and his models, he has a different style than you do when it comes to making clothing and the two are easily discernable...She has been found guilty of stealing his meshes before by the admin team here. I respect your work and must admit her texture work is quite good, but stealing meshes to make her freebies and products is just wrong when there are so many ways to get around out right thieving...She could use objaction mover or even uvmapper to redistribute her gowns without infringing on anyones rights... Perhaps you and Anton could swap origional meshes and work this out between you?...I dont recall any of your meshes with that particular bodice style although I may have missed one or two...

brycetech ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 3:27 AM

fwiw it looks the same to me based on the images anton posted. cant even see a single difference..that round thing on the right image is where it appears he had it selected and thats that poser zone thing..not a mesh difference. gotta go with anton on this one. BT

sergemarck ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 3:35 AM

I have nothing to say about the Anton post : I suppose it's true. He is a professionnal. DAZ and Renderosity will do what they have to do. But what he says can mean that every Lady Luna work is like this one (coming from his work). I can't agree. Serge

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 5:09 AM

file_41045.jpg

sergemarck If you make mesh's even you can see that her work is hacked up from 3 to 4 different people / styles . Heck i dont know any thing about how to make one but even i can see it. Here is a photo of Gloria's Fantasy Gown and Antons 18th Century Gown side by side. easy to see where they were hacked togeather . Its not that hard to tell they are the same sleves .

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 1:04 PM

Yes exactly. The meshes are bits and pieces of different works.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 2:56 PM

I'm wanting to check the 3DCommune. I've done a search for Lady Luna but came up with no such member. Does she go by any other name I could search? Tom 3DCommune Site Administrator.

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 4:03 PM

hawkfyr, Look for Krystal Moon's textures as they use Lady Luna's outfits. She might reference Lady Luna's creations by a different name. You might want to look for Gloria Gast as a user name- I think that is Lady Luna's real name, or an alternate screen name. Thanks for the assist!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 5:12 PM

You bet I'll poke around some more. Thanks for the info. 8 ) Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 7:58 PM

Anton, whoever told you that we don't deal with freestuff items was....um... wrong. We can't make them take it down from their site, but we can and will kill the links from here. It falls under the warez category of the TOS. So the INSTANT you see something suspicious IM any staff member around - there's usually someone on here someplace. I check in four or five times a day, so you can always get me fairly quickly. Serge, Your models and Antons models are VERY different. Just the feel of the mesh is totally different. I could tell your work in an instant. Anton's and PhilC's look very similar, but neither looks like yours. As for Anton's 'destroyed' - you are competition... those models are theft. Big difference. General response: Redistibuting other peoples commercial work in whole or in part is warezing. After close examination by several staff members, if the model is decided to be the same mesh the person will be banned. Any member found posting stolen work in the freestuff will be banned. (yes we moderate that too) Exception: a model encoded so the original obj must be used as a key to uncode Lyrra (moderator)

kpredmor ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 8:18 PM

In defense of Lady Luna the dress you refer too has been given away for the past three years. I myself spoke to her and she stated that she had made it for a picture of her own long ago and couldn't remember what she used to create it. She only thought that people would enjoy using it. As far as her other gowns go Anton, I know for a fact like Serge said she used parts from his bodices and what not. She also used parts from another dress that her daughter Susan created, the Cinderella dress that I sell at my store. Reason I know is because I was there when she created them. It's a shame that someone could get so paranoid over the creation of some period dresses that they would stoop so low as acuse someone else of using their stuff to create all of them. So you need to watch out just how much you acuse her of this and that. As far as the jewelry on the Indian dancers she made all that from booleans that either were included in Poser or downloads which by the way the authors had given permission to use for what ever purpose you wanted. I know this for a fact because I downloaded the same prop booleans. So before you go and accuse her of stealing everything she has made maybe you should ask her. Her email works because I use it just about everyday. Yes she might have used your mesh for that particular dress as I stated it was created long ago and she couldn't remember. She's a 70 year old woman who does this for a hobby. Not to make money, not to be a star or noticed that much, but because she loves to create things for her own use and maybe to offer others a bit of herself. So before you go off the deep end and make everybody else go off right along with you think before you act. Is it worth beating up on an old woman who just loves to sit in front of her pc and work with poser. I appologize if this sounds a bit one sided but I know her personally and have for all my life. She is not a vendictive person nor does she do anything sneaky. She usually does it because she was unaware at the time she built the dress. As I stated it was a long time ago. At least three years ago long before this last incident you stated. She has tried to be very careful not to step on anybody's copyright laws since then. But to satisfy you she has taken the items mentioned down from her site so you don't have to worry about it anymore. She has stated that if she used your mess on the gown for mentioned then she appologizes for that. It was at least 3 years ago. As far as anybody else accussing her of using anything I am unaware of. And believe me I would have known, I am her oldest daughter and she would have told me. As far as I know she has not done this since the only one time before that Renderosity took her stuff down. I hope this clarifies some things and this witch hunt ends!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 8:21 PM

Oh now I gotta bookmark this.

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 8:38 PM

okay...my last discussion with gloria was about a year ago. she does not model...she textures. As far as the jewelry on the Indian dancers she made all that from booleans that either were included in Poser or downloads which by the way the authors had given permission to use for what ever purpose you wanted. I know this for a fact because I downloaded the same prop booleans. this actually enforces my statement. and, yes, i know she is a very nice little lady. i felt bad about the argument we had. still, if you are her friend...she's a GREAT texturer...honest...we need more of them...in my book, she's up there with renapd. please, if you are her friend...convince her to "go straight" and do what she does best.

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 8:43 PM

and, hey....who says you can't learn to model at 70, or 80, or 100? you....well there is a very nice rhino eval that lets you save 25 times...and, don't forget amapi 4.5, FREE and, fully functioning. if you are her friend...lead her to the modelling land, and, this will never have to happen again. thanks, the trailer park management has spoken....go back to watching "the batchelor".

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 9:57 PM

7 years old, 17 years old or 70 years old, all the same behaviour, seen it all before. Creative person doing this as a business complains, some people that respect creative person write in support, evidence is plain as the nose on your face, and ingrates still write about the poor ripoff artist as if they had no idea they were doing something wrong. I feel for Anton. I really do. Its a no-win situation. You lose big if you say nothing, you lose if you speak out against the theft of your work. You just lose. And we lose even more because these creative people stop making the beautiful stuff eventually, for pay or free. The copyright thing is an enormous joke to some people I think. I see all manner of public domain and even some ripped off copyrighted stuff on 3d free sites with people claiming a copyright on it, as if finders keepers is the way copyright works. No no, I found it first, I own the copyright... no no... bah. Its a joke. just one more reason I haven't started selling or distributing my Poser stuff yet. Part of me wants to, part of me sees this thread and asks myself if I want to go through this again.

dadamson ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 10:26 PM

Kathy you wrote: "It was at least 3 years ago. As far as anybody else accussing her of using anything I am unaware of. And believe me I would have known, I am her oldest daughter and she would have told me...." I beg to differ with you on whether you had been made aware of any problems in the last 3 years. I have several rounds of communications between you, Gloria, and myself regarding the same issues from last summer with meshes involving 3 other artists. I was really dismayed to see this thread because I was under the impression that any misuderstandings that she may have had concerning copyright and ownership of meshes had been clarified at that point. I had also hoped that as her daughter you would have been able to guide her to a better understanding of what is and is not allowable. Yes, she may be 70 but age does not excuse one from the law. It seemed to me that Gloria was not only confused but hurt and angry reagarding the accusations at rendo in the past. I sincerely believe she does not understand the limitations of usage. But the bottom line is that if she is not capable of understanding, for whatever reason, then someone needs to act as her agent and take responsibility for the what she distributes. If that person is yourself, great. But saying that she is old insults many other people of her age group. And to say that you have not been aware of other infractions, is an insult to my integrity.

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 10:47 PM

kpredmor : Your mothers religious beliefs , age or how nice a gal she is has nothing to do with this. Anton has every right to complain if some one took the mesh he worked hard on to sell and gave parts of it away for free claiming in the read me file it was there's . Its like stealing from him and rubbing his nose in it . If she didn't know she should have not reposted it , its that simple. She did and now there going to be a price to pay. Every one makes mistakes but most learn from them. Hopefully she will still make textures and stay away from other peoples mesh's or keep them on her own computer were they belong.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 11:58 PM

Blah Blah Blah. Since you are so sure, Kathy, then you are just lying through your teeth. Even more dispicable than what Gloria did Twice, is the fact that you would twist srages statements to try to prove me wrong. I made the dress for BBay originally three years ago. Later re-released them for Victoria at Daz. She was warned before and knew what she was doing. Your response is little consolation to the fact that your mother destroyed the sales of my commercial items. Very nice people at any age and background do bad things all the time. I suggest you not push the matter with me. I have all the files and screenshots as well. The first, and worst inccident I made no fuss other than having the links down. And lets be clear. She did not take them down to satisfy anyone. She took them down because if she didn't we were having the entire domain closed. Anton

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:02 AM

Serge, You and I know each other. And you might not have looked at the pictures. That is not your bodice not are those your cuffs. they are mine and the same ones she used before. I appreciate you trying to defend your friend but where she may not have stolen from you she definately, positively, absolutely, without a doubt stole from me. Anton

kpredmor ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:26 AM

Well Anton, ya know to say she infringed on the above items is one thing but to accuse her of using your stuff to create everything is another. As far as what you say dadamson, you yourself tried to get permission from the owners to use the meshes and morphs and either was turned down or didn't get an answer. So from there it was decided not to continue the venture cause it would be too difficult and take too long to either get the permissions or rebuild everythng. Now I may not be exactly right but I think it was a mutual decision not to continue the venture. And the items as they were, were not distributed free or otherwise.
And that was the end of that. As far as the other accusations go from Anton well you got what you wanted. The items have been taken down. I hope that satisfies you. And now we can put an end to this. Continuing to bash someone after they have done what seems to me the right thing is useless. Even though she wasn't sure what she used to create those two dresses she still took them down. So I think that should at least show some of you it was not done intentionally. Hope you can understand that people do make mistakes and with this instance she didn't catch all of them. As these dresses were made before the Renderosity incident. So don't worry about it anymore as she has removed those items from her own site and Renderosity.

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:29 AM

I'm not all sure how some of this stuff works...but if it is in the "FreeStuff" gallery, isn't it for anybody to do with as they please as long as it isn't for financial gain? And if they change it enough then it is their image to do with as they see fit? I don't claim to be a super genius, but if it is from a "Marketplace" and this situation keeps happening, might you want to consider finding some other way to distribute your products? Just a thought. I thought everyone here was supposed to be a little more open minded and a little less petty than the rest of the world.

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:43 AM

Read bulldawg66. Anton's claiming they are his from a product you must purchase. Not something uploaded to freestuff. And even freestuff items are not for someone to do with as they please.
You work your butt off on something and then see how you feel when someone hacks it up. Even if it isn't for financial gain, it's called respect. You can keep something to yourself but you have absolutely no right to re-distribute it.

By the way, best not park your car on the street tonight. Heck if it's stolen you might want to find another way of parking it when you're not using it. After all, it is your responsibility to make sure it's not stolen right? Not like it should be a theif's responsibility.

...... Kendra

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:51 AM

The point isn't that it is Anton's responsibility to insure that his work doesn't get stolen, but rather that if it keeps happening then maybe he might try to find some other way to distrubute his product that might make it a bit harder to steal. Using your example...if my car was broken into on the street in front of my house...I might start parking it in my garage. It isn't a fool proof system but it does make things a bit more difficult. Maybe find some way to embed his name or logo in the design of the mesh. I don't know, just an idea. And as far as having work stolen, I have had "stuff" stolen...I'm a writer by trade so believe me, I know what it is to work one's butt off just to have somebody else gain from it financially.

sergemarck ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:00 AM

I will try to make short. Lady Luna make textures and also likes to make something like collage in 3D for pleasure. The reason for I posted here and what surprise me in this story is that Lady Luna don't need to steal anything. She knows that I will model for her everything she would ask for. I can't explain what happened and will try to understand more. I supposed she don't pay attention. I can't do anything for the past. I hope that all the litigious work will be removed everywhere. Anton, don't worry anymore for your sleeves. You know very well that we are able to make hundred of them in a few hours and I will make for her more body parts than she can use for playing. Dadamson, I am sorry if you were hurted too in the past. I hope that the problem will be now settled. Bye, everyone, this is my last post on the subject. Serge

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:00 AM

Well then let's just shut down the Marketplace and Daz can close up and everything will be safe from the thieves. Right?

The point is, he shouldn't have to do any of those things. He should be able to sell his product without someone ripping him off. The responsibility is solely on the thief. Not Anton.

...... Kendra

kpredmor ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:20 AM

Everybody please understand she is not selling these. The dress she used to help create this was taken from the free section. I am not sure where but it was a freebee. She is not out to steal and make money off anyone. Please understand these dresses were being given away not sold or even intended to be sold. They were made over two years ago. Before Anton started selling his creations at DAZ. Or at least I think it was before. I know the dress he is saying she used was being given away as a free download at the time of her creation. Please understand this was not done intentionally or recently. This dress was created over 2 years ago and she found it in her poser library had recently done a picture with it and thought it would be nice to give it away. She had no idea that it was made from anything else. She doesn't need to steal anything. She gets enough from Serge who can and will create anything for her she asks for. This gives her something to play with. As I stated this was an oversight on her part. It was an old dress that she created long ago and did not realize whose sleeves where who's. I hope this helps everybody understand. And with that this will be my last post on the matter.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:32 AM

Kathy, I do understand you love your Mom. But..... We did go through all of this last year when she made those 12 other dresses. I have already painfully said that I made these dresses at Bbay first before Daz....But you just ignored that part. Kathy we went through this all last year. Drop the "But she didn't know" act. She did it before. She was told. She has done it to other people. She was told. She still does it. Your trying to manipulate people for sympathy. It's a lie. The damage she caused was very real. She knew. I am sure she is not evil incarnate but she did a bad thing more than once and you're trying to conceal it. Make sure she stops. Anton

kpredmor ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:57 AM

Anton, don't worry about it anymore. I will make sure that for now on what ever she posts will be hers, mine, or from what serge gives her to work with. I will make sure of that. Since I control her site I will take a better look at what she puts up there. My word on it. I hope this helps you understand. I am not trying to cover up what she did. Just saying it wasn't a recent thing. The dress was made two years ago and it was an oversight on her part. I promise you I will make sure of it nothing but her own creations will be put up there. I hope this will be enough to satisfy you. And with that I hope this will be the last of it.

ywaters ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:39 AM

WOW!!

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 2:53 PM

I think we've cleared up the original matter. Lets let this one die a natural death, all right guys? Bulldawg The freestuff is free to USE in personal renders. Aside from that, everything should have a readme listing any other rights the user might have (modify, distribute, commercial render, etc.). If an item is NOT specifically indicated as being modifiable and distributable... than if you change it and post it again you are breaking the artists copyright. Read the fine print please. Lyrra

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2003 at 6:05 AM

Lady Luna has just asked me for permission to convert my Gothic Armor for Don to fit the P4 Dork. I have given it to her out of good faith. She says she will give full credit where credit is due, and I think I shall trust this.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

patiaz ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 8:34 AM

Can't Renderosity put a link to a page listing all the "fraudulent file" on the top of the free stuff download page. They could easily add to a list and users who have downloaded a file (not knowing it was a warez file) could view the list and check their computers for those files. I, for one, don't have the time to read every message at every forum. I certainly download some free stuff, and would definitely want to delete the files from my computer if they where found to be stolen from someone. It could be just a text page listing the zip file name, and then the file names within the zip. I know it is more work for the staff, but it would be easier for the downloaders and the original model makers who find their files have been stolen. Users would soon learn who the thieves where and avoid downloading files from them. And might become more aware of the problem.

kpredmor ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 10:47 AM

I thought Renderosity put this to bed. As far as I know and I have read the email they sent to Gloria (Lady Luna) all this was settled and finished. This forum should be taken down Anton. Enough is enough. You got your appology now it is time to take this down. Oh a word for all you out there. Gloria has been learning Cinema 4DGo and is modeling her own meshes now. With the help of Serge and his wonderful tutorials he is giving her she is learning how to do splines and make her own meshes. Instead of looking at this old forum why don't you check out her free stuff she is now offering here at Renderosity! Some of it is simple but she's learning. She's working on a dress or skirt at the moment, not too sure. She called me like 1:00 am in the morning so I was half asleep. Anyway, I am very proud of her for learning something she thought she would never be able to do! Congratulations MOM!

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 10:52 AM

Yes, this matter is closed...

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.