Thu, Sep 19, 8:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Frustrated with DAZ - Lack of Response

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 9:31 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 9:45 PM

Hi all, A couple of days ago, I purchased DAZ's Millenium Beard pak from the DAZ3D store. Due to some sort of glitch, two orders went through - one containing two copies of the Mil Beard pak, and the other with one copy. So effectively, I was charged for THREE copies of the item, and obviously I only wanted ONE. As soon as I found out about this, I both EMailed them at sales@daz3d.com and also via their comments page. But, up until now (about 48 hours later) there hasn't been any response whatsoever. I have sent them one follow-up EMail, but still no response. I know that issues like this take time to resolve, but it would be nice if they had bothered to at least send some sort of confirmation of receipt of the complaint. Not so. I am in Australia, so I can't ring any toll-free number, which would be only good for the US and Canada. At the moment, I am out of pocket by US$59.90, which translates to just under AU$100. So I am understandably a bit upset and anxious about this. Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I could get this moving along ? thanks, Andrew

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 9:48 PM

I had a charge problem like that last year, it took a month to get fixed, but they did.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:00 PM

Try the toll free number, I was told that it is an international toll free number. Marque

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:07 PM

EricofSD -

A month is a helluva long time to get something fixed. Why did they take so long ?

Marque -

Which number is the international toll-free number ? They have quoted two numbers on their "Contact Us" page, but there is no indication whatsoever that it is even a toll-free number, let alone an international toll-free number (is there any such thing ?)

regards,
Andrew

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:11 PM

Let's see. They don't work weekends and holidays, both of which they just had. Now factor in the usual Murphy's Law problems typically associated with these "absenses." I figure they have a pretty good line of similar responses to get through.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:15 PM

1-800-267-5170 is a toll free number. I don't know if it would work from out of the USA. 1-801-495-1777 is a toll call, 801 is the Utah area code. We are just coming off a long holiday weekend in the US, and DAZ has been swamped with the site changes and they've recently lost two people to motherhood.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:15 PM

It shouldn't take a month to fix, I will call them for you in the morning. Yes there is such a thing as an international toll free number. If you look under the contact us there is indeed an 800 number. 1350 E. Draper Parkway Draper UT, 84020 1-800-267-5170 1-801-495-1777 Marque

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:22 PM

Thanks, Marque. Pablo - sorry, I wasn't aware that you have just had a holiday weekend.

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:29 PM

no problem mate. :-) I guess the real point I was trying to make is that they typically get similar complaints to yours during a weekend when they're gone. Personally, I'd purchase early in the week ... no later than Thursday.

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:38 PM

I've just received a personal response from Daz3D within the last couple of minutes. Hopefully, its now on its way to resolution. Thanks, all. regards, Andrew

kbade ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:41 PM

Yup, Independence Day for us Yanks on the 4th... and my parking lot here in Chicago's financial district was less full than usual even today (the 7th). Plus, DAZ just lost AnneMarie, who I believe was their main customer rep for such things, to motherhood. But I think I've seen Steve Kondris post here that they're trying to get a handle on these sorts of things... they had a fairly large problem with duplicate orders when they switched servers recently, but I think they cleared that up (or at least thought so). Nevertheless, if you don't hear from them in a day or two, I'd send another e-mail.

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:45 PM

While sometimes frustrating if you have a problem over the weekend, DAZ's Support has been impecable. I've never had a problem with them that they haven't resolved to my complete satisfaction. Once, when my hard drive crashed and I lost all of the DAZ products I had purchased, they sent me a CD full of the stuff I had bought... I had to pay a few bucks for the CD and shipping ($20 IIRC), but I was incredibly grateful since otherwise I would have been out hundreds of dollars! Hang in there, I'm sure they'll resolve it.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 11:18 PM

Daz gets hundreds and hundreds of emails each week. Most of it is Poser Tech stuff like "How do I delete lights" "What are Mat files" "what is Stephanie" "I want this...." "When is M3 coming out..." All simple and innocent questions but it clogs the wheels of information. Hard part is even if it is not something Daz really needs to field like how to use Poser, everyone is waiting for a response. You are right is is frustrating. If you feel like an issue has been forgotten just call.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Georgous ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 11:31 PM

Well I dont now about the rest of you but I emailed Tech Support about a problem and I didnt get an answer for 2 months. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I recently emailed them another question and still havent heard from them.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 11:50 PM

Sometimes when credit card issues take a long time to resolve, it's really more the fault of the credit card companies than the merchants. As others have said, phone calls to all involved can frequently help expedite things. If you get the run-around at the CC company, ask to escalate the call to a supervisor or manager (doing so politely couldn't hurt.) By the way, I received two e-mails from DAZ today, one of which impressed the heck out of me for its thoroughness and thoughtfulness (the writer knows who he is, LOL,) and the other from ... yes ... Reba Vest! I don't know if she's back on board permanently, but it was a pleasure to find e-mail from one of the all time shining stars of customer service.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 12:12 AM

Emails that don't get responded to within a 10 business days have been lost in the shuffle obviously. see post above. If you have a "how to question" email me. If I can answer it I will. As I already said above they get flooded with hundreds of emails a week handled by a few people. Stuff gets lost sometimes. People who field email usually have other dutues too like account management, webmastering, file testing, installer creation etc. anton@daz3d.com I can answer Poser4 and product questions. Don't ask me accounting or credit card stuff though. Questions about brokered items should go to brokers whose email links are on the site (wink) Largest delay is redirecting email to correct person -"Tech Support" is for Product problems and installer problems -"Webmaster" is for webpage or store errors -"Sales" is a problem with a financial transaction -"Feedback" is when you want to say you love everything we make and want more Vicki stuff :) - broker@daz3d.com is for those who are interested in brokering or who already broker -anton@daz3d.com is for questions about a Platinum Club product Complaints, advice and angry emails can go to info@curiouslabs.com (just kidding)

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 12:47 AM

Right On Anton you rok

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 12:47 AM

800 numbers are not toll-free if calling from outside the continental United States, unless you have some type of a US calling card. All calls are charged at the regular international rate. I know this for a face as I have to phone frequently to the US from Europe. If there is such a thing as an international toll-free number, I've yet to see it.

Sgiathalaich

freyfaxi ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 1:20 AM

I too am an Aussie, from the Land Down Under, and I have to say I've had nothing but good service from Daz. A couple of good points made in messages above 1) Don't forget that folks DO like to have time off over the weekend ! DAZ isn't some huge multi-national with staff coming out of their ears to man the place all the weekend. 2) If you want errors attended to , try to contact them early in week, when they've had a chance to sort through the inevitable weekend backlog. 3) MOST important for us Aussies - REMEMBER the time differences ! We are roughly about 12-14 hours ahead of the USA - Monday morning, our time is still Sunday evening in the USA. If you remember this, lots of frustrations will be minimized

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 2:08 AM

Anton, one more to add to your list... abuse@daz3d.com for reporting suspected illegal use/distribution of DAZ product

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 6:21 AM

I sent a report about being unable (the script would not let me!) to enter my correct address in the order section of the site, after I moved house. Because of that I was/am unable to purchase anything because it does not tally with my credit card info. DAZ seemed to have forgotten that their customer base is international, and they must be aware of that in everything they do...including the design of the "address field". I have had no responce from them so far (nearly a month)! Nice to know that they value my custom so much. I do feel that for some reason, customer service has gone slightly down hill over the last month or two. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

SKondris ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:47 AM

I'm not certain about your particular email Cheers, but I do know that we updated our address fields to have both an Address 1 and Address 2 line as is standard. So, you shouldn't have any problem entering in your address. Foreign characters (accente graves, tildes, etc) are not allowed by our store code, but they are not required for credit card authorization either, so if you just enter in your address in plain alphanumeric characters you should be able to checkout fine. We are terribly busy everyone, but we are working hard at getting caught up. Thank you for your patience. Steve Kondris DAZ Productions, Inc.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:48 AM

Anton makes a lot of sense in his posts. I have never had to wait more than a few days for a response (excluding weekends/holidays). When dealing with a company it is always important to: 1) Clearly state your issue in the header RE: my purchase will not be recognized as easily in a 'sea of headers' as RE: I may have been overbilled? -or- Where's my stuff? will not be recognized as easily Purchase on xx/xx/xx has not been filled yet? 2) Be polite; DONT SHOUT and don't use the "!" button (unless it truely is an emergency) 3) Always send to the appropriate dept. 4) And always give in the body as much details as possible weather a tech issue, purchase issue, etc. This way even if you do sent to the wrong dept (by mistake) the reciever will be able to assit by properly re-directing. 5) Beware of Murphy's Law, things do happen and sometimes one just has to bite the bullete and use patiance. Also remeber the other rule: Haste makes waste. Sometimes the 'squeaky wheel doesn't get oiled right away, it just gets pushed aside till later'. Not trying to make any conclusions on this emediate issue, just some general statements regarding e-mail and business in general..

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 3:11 PM

I wonder how many emails to DAZ get 'lost in the shuffle'? I share Mathman's frustration at the DAZ total lack of response to emails. Since DAZ released Mimic 2 (together with their despicable, insulting 'upgrade in 30 days or pay full price policy), I've emailed them about a half-dozen times at roughly weekly intervals, asking for some clarification on a couple of matters. Admittedly my last email was a quite bluntly worded, telling them exactly what I thought of their allegedly wonderful customer services - I'm not really surprised that they didn't reply to that one. But all the previous letters were polite requests for info. Not one was acknowleged or answered. I have to say, I used to like DAZ a lot, but they really seem to have gone to the dogs in recent months - products released (apparently) without even basic testing, ignoring customers, and that god-awful upgrade policy. Sorry, but it's really not good enough to say, 'oh, by the way, we're busy, so we lose emails...'

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 6:18 PM

Hi all, Just to let you know that DAZ has responded to my dilemma, and have refunded my money. It hasn't hit the credit card yet, though - so the story is not quite over. The main thing, though, is that they have now responded appropriately. So, hopefully, all's well that ends well. regards, Andrew

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 1:51 AM

Maybe Daz can't respond because of sunspots or something....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.