Tue, Oct 22, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:07 PM

???? what? The article wants a user name and password.

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:15 PM

Yes and I tried my username and password for CP then for e-frontier and they didn't work.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:30 PM

Well I just did what the instructions say and it didn't work. I already had those lines in the xml file. Weird.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:30 PM

What update. Does that mean I have to D/L the whole Damn file again? 40Mb and 45mb?

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:35 PM

No its a textfile posted up a few postings here by Curious Labs. I tried editing my knownfaceroomheads.xml with it and curiously the information was already in there. So I can say it did not work for me. Hmm maybe we should have Deecey send out her .xml file for everyone else! See what the difference is.

msorrels ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:41 PM

The installer correctly modifies the XML file (though if you run it again it re-adds the same lines, which I suspect is a no-no). The problem is the model itself and the logic Poser 6 is using to determine which face room character to use. I suspect the model they are shipping is different than the one the face room add-on was setup for. This isn't an install problem.

-Matt

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:46 PM

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that, because I probably got the same model as everyone else. I ordered and downloaded both files today. I installed the Runtime files first, and the Face Room files second. This is definitely strange! I'll take a look at the XML file.

msorrels ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:47 PM

Also it would be really nice if they would fix the Miki CR2 to apply the bump maps they are shipping. Sort of silly to ship files and not use them. Also some extra/spare injection channels would be nice. -Matt

-Matt

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:47 PM · edited Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:48 PM

From Content Paradise support :

"We're looking at the problem, and it appears that the problem is an oversight in the design of the face room installer.
A new one which is a wee bit more robust will be coming out very shortly. For now, contact the Support Engineers at Curious Labs/E-Frontier and get in the
Technical Support queue. They can get you working..." * sits down and waits for the update *

Message edited on: 08/18/2005 20:48

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:47 PM

I don't think it is either. I think it has something to do with the shipping version also. I've tried reinstalling the head updater file and I get the double lines too. Then of course, I get a parse error and Poser won't open. Good thing I backed up the original.

ytetsu ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:53 PM

Hello all.

It's good news for you that you can buy Miki.
But currentry I'm disapointed for e-frontier, because the Miki1020 package is very different from japanese version including. (Diffrent clothings, No pose file, No Expression file, No Bike.)
And there is a no information about face room moduke fo japanese version yet. (From japanese forum, the Module for Miki1020 doesn't work for japanese version.)

Anyway, I can give you some information about them from my experiment. But I'm not sure whether CP version is same as japanese version or not.

For Miki.
If you want gloss for lips, there are two ways, I think.
(1) Use specular map including package.
I don't know it's included in Miki1020 or not, but there is a "Miki_Fase_Spec_09_01.jpg" in japanese package. this is specular mask for lips and eyes.
(2) Making new lips material group.
You can make new material group for lips using GroupEditor in Poser 6. And assign image maps for lips same as head texture map. (Of course, you can make new texture template using UVMapper, for new texture map.) Then, you can change lips material changing specular color, diffuse color, and so on.
Caution!! The Miki's EULA allow to make new shader in material, but not for material group. So if you make new mterial group, you must do it at your own lisk.

For Koji.
As noticed above, following is for japanese version and it may be diffrent from CP version.
Koji is seemed to be made from James' body with new head and neck. The UVs are not completely same, but very similar.
And you can use FBM of James for Koji, using MorphManager and modifying body channel of cr2 by text editor. The FBM works for body but not for head and neck. So when you apply FBM to Koji, there's a gap between chest and neck. To fix this, you may make FBM for neck using magnet. (It's not so difficult, even I could do it.)
Caution!! I'm not sure this is legal or not with EULA, so if you try this do it at your own lisk.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:20 PM

Welp, none of it works for me :o(. Guess I'm waiting for the update too. Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:23 PM

Kind of strange that the Miki package would be so different in Japan and the U.S. Though the price is lower for us. I bet they are going to sell the clothing and hair separately in the U.S. Looking at the descriptions, Japanese Miki comes with a lot more clothing and hair than American Miki.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:27 PM

Next question. If you all had to pay the $59 is she worth it?
I just went to buy her and found non Poser6 users like me are excluded from the sale.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:32 PM

Hi ytetsu, First, どうもありがとうございました for your hard work in creating these Japanese figures! :) For now, be glad that you don't have the FaceRoom module. The poses are mainly for the motorcycle, so not too much lost. Looking forward to Koji! ではまた。

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:34 PM

Deecey. Will you look in Miki head folder and see if you havr this file in it. outlineSet All the head folders have it but hers. Maybe it's nothing but I find it strange when a file is in every working head and not in the one that doesn't work.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:38 PM

Yes, those are the lines that the installer keeps putting into the "knownFaceRoomHeads.xml". And, yes, I have a properly installed and registered version of Poser 6 (two even)! :) I'm really hoping that this doesn't require an uninstall and reinstall of Poser 6...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:43 PM

beryld, that does seem to be the only file missing, doesn't it? No way to fake that one as it's a data file.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:46 PM

Nope, I don't have that file in my Miki folder either. This is weird. I checked the lines mentioned in the TXT file above, and they are exactly as posted above, though not pasted completely at the end. Now, I've just noticed something. The Miki CR2 library files are located in the Downloads: Runtime: Libraries: Character folder. But the Heads data is located in the ROOT Runtime: heads folder. Maybe that's a clue?

msorrels ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the missing file is what controls the importing of face pictures, which they have said isn't working/doesn't work. So I think it's ok (but crappy). Clearly eFrontier hasn't reproduced this problem that almost everyone is having. I even went so far as to force the face room to use the Miki settings(removed all the faces and changed the XML to say Miki is the default), which sort of works but has issues (like her neck kept gapping open when the morph was applied) and it wouldn't bring in her head texture I had to do it by hand. There is something wrong with the files. Why Deecey's works I have no idea, but the files I have aren't going to work without changes. In case it makes any difference I'm running Windows XP. I'm running Poser 6 SR1. I have the compression option off. I have use external morphs off. I've tried changing these options but didn't see any result. I bought the product from CP, but not through the P6 tab (which I have removed). I unzipped it to a directory and then copied it into my main runtime(cause their zip files are defectively laid out). I then ran the face-room installer against my P6 runtime (which isn't my main). I also tried doing it the other way(installing Miki into my P6 runtime and runnning the face room installer) The XML file has the lines they claim it needs in the right places and appears to me to be valid (but obviously not working). -Matt

-Matt

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:47 PM

This is what I just got when I asked tech support about the face room...haven't tried their suggestions yet. Hi Marque, So i've installed this myself, and it's working like a champ, the problem here seems to be that my test machines are super plain vanilla, and after speaking with the developers, there are some ways to thwart the standard install of the face module... Here is an exerpt from the conversation I had with the engineering guys, and you want to take a look at where it may apply to your physical environment. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Miki head data installer does the following: 1. Install the Miki head data folder in ./Runtime/heads/ 2. Modify the "knownFaceRoomHeads.xml" to add the following: as the last "FigureList" item, and as the last "HeadList" item Now when the installer is first launched it will do some "behind the scenes" stuff to help out the user. It will check the registry entry for the .pz3 file extension to determine Poser's original install location. This will be used as the initial default location. The user can overwrite this and choose to install to a different Poser installation. If the installer was configured in such a way, as to have the user point to a directory which does NOT contain Poser. Will certainly cause the installation of the head data to fail. Further, if Poser was moved from the original install location the installer will go ahead and put the files in that original location (creating any missing directories in the path). A more robust installer will be built and distributed immediately.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:02 AM

Haven't moved anything, and everything was installed properly. Still doesn't work. And the lines are the same as the ones already there just like the rest of you. So I am also waiting. O.o Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:03 AM

How do you add the Miki mat zones to the real skin shader? Thanks, Marque

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:10 AM

just open the python script up in a text editor and change the "SkinHead" to "Head" and "SkinBody" to "Body". I think this just works with the original Skin Shader and not with the HyperShader ones. But I am not sure!

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:17 AM

You are my hero. I have both so I was able to do it and rename it realskinshadermiki.py Thank you! Marque

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:31 AM

file_284963.jpg

your welcome, I did the same for Jessi when Poser6 came out! Despite the rough spots here, I really like her!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:42 AM

Oh definitely. Wish they would've put facial variation morphs in the Face folder rather than in the FaceRoom. Waiting on P&K to update WW to work with Miki, then I'll be in H (no, the other H!). :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

ytetsu ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:44 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_284964.jpg

To use RealSkinShader for Miki, I modifyed the script as follows.

Before modify the script, I do recommend to backup "RealSkinShader.py".
Using Text Editor, Search the line containning
if material.Name() in ["SkinBody","SkinTorso", ... ,"ForeSkin"];
in RealSkinShader.py. (In my case it's line584.) And add followings after "ForeSkin".
,"Body","Head"
That's all.

if this dosn't work, replace the line as:
if material.Name() in ["Body","Head","EyeSocket"];
This case the script is for Miki only.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:14 AM

To be honest, I like the figure but the missing faceroom morphs are disappointing. I have used the installer on my original registered version, everything is in place and the xml is changed correctly but unknown figure. I contacted CP yesterday but until now, no response!! Thats customer care :((

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 4:01 AM

TamiL likes her. That's encouraging. That's what I'm looking for. Anyone else? If I have to pay full price I don't want to end up wishing I hadn't. Can anyone validate P5 or other poser compatability?(nonfaceroom of course) More info the better. :)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 5:10 AM

I contacted Technical Support yesterday through the link left by "Curious_Labs" above and received a response within hours. Nothing that changes the situation, but at least they responded. :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 5:43 AM

mylemonblue, Miki will work with P5, but the morphs are stored externally as PMD so you'll see the dials, but they won't do anything and the FaceRoom data does not look to be compatible with Poser 5 at all. Unless you can find a way to load Miki into P6 and resave to the library with External Morph Targets disabled, you will not be able to use them.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 5:52 AM

D|S can read PMD files. Is there any way you could use D|S to save Miki without external morph files, in a way that P5 could read?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 7:13 AM

Thanks kuroyume0161. I wasn't aware they saved the PMD separated out again. It looks like you saved me some additional grief. Thank you.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 7:37 AM

D|S only exports Wavefront OBJ and saves in its own format. If you can spawn morph targets in D|S in a way that can be loaded back into Poser, then, albeit tedious, this would give a way to get the morphs back onto the figure in Poser 5.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 9:55 AM

Actually when I opened her up in P5 I couldn't see her, said she was there but had an empty spot. I will try resaving with the morph targets disabled. Would like to be able to use her in Vue Infinity. Marque

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 10:59 AM

dot

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 11:30 AM

file_284965.jpg

Miki's getting some clothes! Finally made some headway with the cr2 on this one.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:08 PM

file_284966.jpg

For the folks who are sitting on the fence, just let me say this is an awesome figure. She's gorgeous, she smiles great (can't really say that for Vic), and she's all-around just a great figure. CL will fix the face room problem, I'm sure, and until then, there will be support for her - I'm sure of that too. The image is using a hacked skin shader script, a face map by yours truly (still in the making), the eyese are mine, but everything else is still the base Miki maps. I like her :o). Laurie

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:21 PM

Now that looks awesome. I can model, hack most file I need to but I still suck at texturing. You people amaze me.

Merlin ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:26 PM

Now i hope that there will be an UTC plugin for her...

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:35 PM

Thats beautiful Laurie!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:51 PM

So any word on the fix? Or are they still sticking to the its you not us theory. Reminds me of anytime I call my net service provider to ask whats wrong with thier system. They always say it my computer. I sure that saying is tatooed to the back of thier eyelids so thats the first and usually the only answer they can think of. LOL

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:14 PM

Ok I have Poser 6 and my version number is 6.0.1.75 Is that the latest update? I tried editing the xml file and its still a no go for me too :( Thanks

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Merlin ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:15 PM

i guess we'll have to wait until next week... sigh

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:27 PM

yeah pokeydots...that's the version I have. Doesn't work for me either ;o). At least you're in good company - everyone...LOL. Thanks TamiL, but I think the skin shader is what really makes it (tho the bumps are still to high no matter how much I tone them down...hehehe). Just as an aside to texture-makers, the maps don't really stretch that much at all. You can pretty much plop a picture down over the template (of course I'm exagerating...) and just stretch a little here a little there, and everything lines up. There are areas that overlap, so you gotta watch for them, but they are thankfully very few :o). Laurie

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:30 PM

LOl, I'm trying to do a texture myself! Its been awhile since I've done one......been too busy learning other things.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:37 PM

Looks like you can model tho! BTW, that dress looks great :o). Laurie

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:59 PM

file_284967.jpg

Thanks! I'm put it up on my site when I get it done, haven't tweaked it or made any textures yet. My kids don't think I should be able to do this kind of stuff for more than a few minutes at a time. Ok, no brows and the lips aren't perfectly adjusted yet but here's another miki image......I really like her...

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 6:29 PM

I'll be working my map for awhile...LOL. Since I usually do clothing textures and not skin, it's a slow process ;o). Just wish I could do some work in the face room...sigh Tick, tick, tick... BTW, could someone give that link for the PoserClub? I wanna check out that item of Miki clothing ;o). Maybe do a tex or two for it. Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.