Sat, Sep 21, 12:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: 13.1.20.20.25

villainousBedlamite ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 7:14 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

For those that asked. It's the perfect comment. When you understand why this is so, then you will be set free. VB.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 7:43 PM

I see the light!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Ruthee ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 11:34 PM

THen you will have to help me understand. I still don't know what the "perfect comment" is all about. Ruthee

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 12:19 AM

I AM free, Matt. :~) And I understand ::she bows her head in shame::

Omotou ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 2:00 AM

20.8.1.14.11.24 Have a great weekend :-)

Mags61 ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 2:25 AM

Guess I'm never going to be free then - OK so the numbers represent letters of the alphabet - therefore 13.1.20.20.25 is MATTY. Just exactly how that is the perfect comment and sets me free is totally beyond me! I would have preferred a straightforward comment on the lines of 'I like this' - or not.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.

abmlober ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 5:17 AM

What is perfect about this? When I simply write my name as a comment - whom does this help?

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 6:10 AM

G.O.T.C.H.A. 9.23.1.19.8.5.18.5

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 7:13 AM

Not such a bad idea, really..unless we have some constructive criticism to offer. It would eliminate alot of time, that's for sure. BTW, Matt(y), that was a super duper flame you fashioned! And, oh boy, am I excited by this proposed robotic response. No more personality flaws or bad grammer to tolerate. Heck, no more personality, period! Hey, but that's the point, huh? Sheesh! Not such a bad idea..really.............. 12.9.14.4.1

villainousBedlamite ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 7:40 AM ยท edited Fri, 07 October 2005 at 7:50 AM

The numbers are not important and what they may spell is not important. I could have used any random numbers or word (except a superlative) and it would still be the perfect comment.

Stop searching the numbers to try and understand the comment and start looking at the comment to understand yourself.

Mags61:- I would have preferred a straightforward comment on the lines of 'I like this' - or not.

I could have said "I like this" or "I don't like this". But what would you have learned from these comments?
Whether I like your work is not important.
The only thing that matters is whether 'you' like your work.

The perfect comment only serves 'ONE' purpose!
It lets you know I looked at your picture.

I gave you the gift of a piece of my 'life' as a thank you for what you created.
I stopped and gave you 30,60,90 or however many seconds or minutes of my life.
I don't think "I like this" even comes close.
If you feel the need to really comment on an image then you could always send an Instant Message to the person as well.

If everyone here used 'The perfect comment' then maybe we could finally put an end to all the squabbling and bickering. Also, I would never again see a picture that someone took the time and trouble to make be totally ignored because it maybe isn't up to scratch or they don't 'comment' enough.

VB.

Message edited on: 10/07/2005 07:50

JoanielovesChachi ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:45 AM

It seems they found out who villainousBedlamite was and have banned me again. As soon as they see this then JoanielovesChachi will be banned also, which will actually be a good thing. heh. It was nice to see you all again for a little while but this time i'm not going to come back. 13.1.20.20.25 Matt.

Mags61 ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 10:23 AM

Well all I can say is good riddance to Villainous Bedlamite or Criminally Insane (hardly difficult to work out who you are was it?) - or JoannielovesChachi or whatever your real name is, which you've conveniently left off your profile details. I would still much rather have an honest 'I like it' - or not. What I will have learnt is that someone has taken the time and trouble to tell me that they like my work - and that means a lot more to me than a load of pretentious b******t.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.

jockc ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 2:27 PM

I must have missed something. Is Criminally Insane banned?

Mags61 ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 2:40 PM

Is Criminally Insane banned? I think so - I know he/she left some very obscene comments on at least one image that I saw. Many apologies if I've got this wrong. Maybe Nick or Barb could put us in the picture before too many rumours start flying about.

Timbuk2 ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 3:15 PM

VB: Can't say I agree much with what you say here, in fact it sounds like the same arguments tdierex was putting forward over and over and over a short time ago. But there are two really nice flames in your gallery that I like very much.

Deagol ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 7:10 PM

Matt told me a few weeks ago that he has been banned. Who knows why, probably for a lot of reasons. He got rather ugly when he posted an image in the forum, asked for no comments and got them anyway. He has always been a little eccentric. That's probably why he's a great artist - one of the best here. It's too bad that he's not comming back, but both sides have got to do what they got to do.

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:02 PM

You know, I get a little tired of "eccentricity," arrogance and just plain rude and crude behavior justified by way of the "artist's" temprament. I know that's not necessarily what you're implying Keith, but I read it as an underlying kind of message. Because a few famous artists had reputations that spoke of excess, eccentricity, drunkeness, womanizing, etc., etc. certainly doesn't excuse, justify or define an "artist." So, I don't think those behaviors make Matt a great artist; I think he is one in spite of those behaviors. Actually, I do think there is some validity to his argument about comments. But, I personally, would not be here if "12.9.14.4.1" or whatever my sig is..was sufficient comment to be made. I've got a webpage I can concentrate on, and..if I didn't care about feedback- getting it or giving it..I'd simply stay there in quiet solitude. Renderosity is a "community" and- as such, thrives on a paticipatory platform. We all have different personalities, and we all need to practice tolerance for differences in that area. Your "cool" could be a "WOW" from me, and Matt's 13.1.20.20.25 simply doesn't do it for me. I don't consider "I gave you the gift of a piece of my 'life' as a thank you"..or you should be honored by my deigning to grace you with my comments kind of attitude desirable; that is, IMO, the height of arrogance. I've always been awed by most of Matt's artwork, and I even admire his tell-it-like-it-is style, but I can do without the kind of behavior that may have banned him from this community.

Deagol ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:24 PM

Good points

TonyYeboah ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:48 PM

I don't even know what hes trying to say but agree with Mags61 that this "I gave you the gift of a piece of my 'life' as a thank you for what you created. I stopped and gave you 30,60,90 or however many seconds or minutes of my life. I don't think "I like this" even comes close." is pretentious b******t.

daffodilbaggins ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 9:37 PM

I have to agree with fractalinda, and I had also wondered what the heck the numbers were for when they got posted as a response to some of my art. I really, honestly just didn't like it, if you want to know the truth. I had no understanding of it, and didn't want to have to try and figure it out. Basically, it left me a bit rumpled in my feelings, in that I really couldn't understand why someone wouldn't just leave an ordinary comment that could be read, understood, and appreciated, whether totally enthusiastic, or gently critical. I appreciate my viewers greatly, every one of them, and when commenting, try to leave them with my heartfelt response to their work, and some encouragement, which we all need! A series of numbers just doesn't cut it--it's not nearly as personal, not understandable, and therefore, just not the same as receiving a more heartfelt response. Linda's right--if we wanted no actual feedback, we surely wouldn't be in here, but in our own private sites somewhere else. I'm sorry to hear that it had to come to banning for him, but hopefully, one day, he'll learn something from the experience...hopefully.

fractalchemist ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 2:59 AM

I can only say I will neither miss Matt, nor his work. People like him ( and there are many;-)) make me itch all over..... Have a nice week end, Evie:-)

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 3:43 AM

I don't understand why so many people have so much grouch about someone, seems he just found an unique way to express himself, like performing art ... In art you have the freedom to express yourself, why not in making comments ... Since too may people run to the moderator too fast, when ya place 1 word in a comment they don't like and risk to be banned for it, is not a freedom to have your appreciation over some piece of artwork expressed ... Here ya have to be very careful, cause some are really sissies and first run to the mod to have your comment removed, and then think about what he may have meant by something he said ... I hear many people asking what i could do about it, and i have to admit to them, i have to hush up too... the freedom of expression is limited in this community... If you can't express your criticism in this gallery any which way you would like to, then you are not free to do so... If you can't stand the feedback in trying to help the other making their art, why do you have the ability to comment enabled... Of course, there are limitations. Some people complain about whether their art is admitted to some other gallery than rendero, why? Does everyone have to like your art in their gallery? I have the same problem with some galleries online, but hey, why should i bother... Some do like my nature abstracts, others just prefer my cubism... LOL ya get to a gallery show, and you spam your dislikes about some piece of work the artist has hanged on their wall as being his masterpiece, and you risk being thrown out by security, cause the artist only want to have people over the floor who loves his art, doesn't really make the guy an artist, does it? Others take an advantage of the situation, and express themselves with a meaningless piece of work, he made in 2 mins and title it with something it should feel, and it gets appreciated by many, but does he really feel what he is showing? Well one day maybe, when people aren't so very short-minded, and lose respect about someone who just have had a bad hair-day. If you can't stand the person, do you have to dislike his art? Rembrandt could have been a rotten sob, hard to imagine, but just an example, but most admire his art... Nah what Matt was trying to do is, express himself by saying: "I am still here and i like what i see." His unique way of expressing himself. Otoh he could mean, all comments look a like and so why wouldn't i put the numeric words in each comment to express myself. my 2 pennies Have a nice weekend, and smile more, makes ya much more happier. Harmen

Mags61 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 8:00 AM

His 'unique way' of expressing himself as Criminally Insane was to be extremely obscene - maybe you did not see his comments - I'm sure this is why he is banned, not for his latest attention seeking efforts.

Stephi ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 10:43 AM ยท edited Sat, 08 October 2005 at 10:49 AM

Matt appears to be an intelligent guy but seemingly has yet to figure out that the dog, barking and nipping at the heels of the 'sheep,' is still a part of the herd - not separate.

Message edited on: 10/08/2005 10:49

tutri ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 11:46 AM

Here's some random thoughts on the matter from my deteriorated brains..... For what it's worth, I found the numeric response refreshing. At first I had no clue who it was or what it all was about, but after reading the above posts I had a good laff. I think I understand Matt's behaviour quite well, it's good to see someone break the mold every now and then, so to speak. And no, I don't LIKE the obviously provocative comment by him quoted in the above posts, but I would not have been insulted by it either. I personally have not seen the obscene feedback he has given, but I'm guessing it must have at least partially originated from his frustration at the strict behaviour rules here at the community, or rather, the certain monotonousness (read: political correctness, lack of negativity and/or constructiveness) in the feedback he'd got. Then again, what do I know, I don't know the guy. Anyway, I don't know where exactly the line of unacceptable behaviour lies here, and I don't know how many unfriendly messages Matt sent - and for how long - but in general forums tend to kick people out only if they are 'trolling', in other words, their only reason for posting is to try and f*k up the conversations, relations and whatnot taking place within the community. For some reason I somehow find it difficult to believe Matt did that, and to me it seems this was just a case of overreacting on both sides. Yet again, I don't know the details of the incident at all... Don't get me wrong, I like this community a lot, and I certainly don't mind positive feedback, but sometimes it seems to me that people refrain from speaking their true opinion about the fractals appearing in the gallery. There are probably many reasons for that, but I think a fear of insulting the artist and perhaps being banned from Rosity does have an effect on what people write. Of course 'silence is golden' in many cases, but too much silence kills the conversation. I also find it quite strange that even though all the artists here are knowingly bringing their work before a large number of people they have never even heard of, some take the feedback they get as if it came from the mouths of their closest personal friends. If I went to an art gallery and put my images on display, I certainly would have to be prepared to get all sorts of comments from the visitors. I would have to endure all kinds of crappy reviews and even some straightforward insults, but that's just how things are, want it or not. If you can't take criticism, even harsh, don't bring your work out in the public. Besides, what harm can a stranger's bark do to you? Farts in the wind I say. There's also a vague chance of learning something from the feedback, a chance to see your own work from an entirely different viewpoint. If there's any 'meat' in a critical comment, I try and re-evaluate my work from that viewpoint. If not, the message will only serve for a quick dose of entertainment if even that. I only wish I would get some criticism some day, I know the sht I post has lots of room for improvement... Anyway, have a nice weekend everyone. -Petri

Deagol ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 11:59 AM

Just so you'll know, Matt is having a great time with this thread, I'm sure of it. Remember when he moved the ugliest fractal in the world to the top of the hot 20 with clone accounts, even above a Rykk image? Remember when he deleted his gallery after being voted AOM? We are playing right into his hand with these responses, again. He had it planned all along and this thread is exactly what he wanted. He's going out with a bang, again. Keep playing if you want. I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Matt, you never cease to amaze me. I would like to follow your work. Let me know if you surface someplace else.

Mags61 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 12:22 PM

"Remember when he moved the ugliest fractal in the world to the top of the hot 20 with clone accounts" "Remember when he deleted his gallery after being voted AOM?" Yes Keith, great achievements - he should be really proud of himself. Such a shame because he does seem to be a very talented artist and really doesn't need to do this. Not sure what he wants - obviously not recognition for this art, certainly not other people's respect - he's like a naughty child just seeking attention. Maybe he should grow up a little.

Deagol ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 1:04 PM

Mags, you missed my point: He has manipulated you. Everyone who has participated in this thread has been manipulated. Just know that. You're not going to shame him. He doesn't care if you think he's a jerk. I know, I'm speculating, but I'll bet I am right. I deleted my gallery too, several times. I used to think that this place was about art. I became very frustrated when I saw that it wasn't. It wasn't until I realized that it was about comminity first that I became settled with being here. It's a party first, then it's about art. I don't think Matt ever figured that out.

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 2:30 PM

Geesh Keith, why can't you rest it, what's the use of spamming this persons missteps, bet you wouldn't like it when i spam my anger at you all the time, what kind of messages you left in an IM after i commented on your 'masterpiece' ... No one is without mistakes, and i consider it as a big stunt to choose some piece of crappie design to be bombed to the highest level of the FUN20, guess ya never really understood the underlaying meaning of it... Why can't you just forget about it, it happened, and some have had a great laugh with it, some didn't ... but the fun is done, we'll just have to wait till he comes with the next. You shouldn't take this community so seriously, no one earns anything with it, all we do is sharing our interests, which is a very young method of performing art...

Stephi ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 3:09 PM

Manipulated, huh? No harm done. This one's for the dude - rofl! http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1063374&Start=1&Sectionid=30&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes

Mags61 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 3:22 PM ยท edited Sat, 08 October 2005 at 3:23 PM

"Mags, you missed my point: He has manipulated you."

Sorry Keith - I don't feel at all manipulated" - just sad that someone would need to do this to get attention. He must have a very miserable life.

Message edited on: 10/08/2005 15:23

Deagol ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 4:05 PM

Harmen, you're right about the past events. We all do grow and change. That's why I brought up my past mistakes. Peace

Rykk ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 4:44 PM

Keith's right - Matt's just trying to get a rise out of someone and, by adding to the posts in this thread, we all facilitate his "evil schemes" - lol I "grok" the irony/satire/gist of his numeric "comments". Pity...I like his art and respect his opinion and am a just a tiny bit bummed that none of my more recent offerings were "numericaly blessed" and found worthy of a space in his valuable time - though I wonder if he copy/pasted them since they are, I think, all the same? Which is a whole 'nother story...lol! ;-) Never a dull moment! Rick

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2005 at 12:14 PM

Hey folks Just to clear this up a bit... I liked Matt. I did NOT want to ban him. However.... He posted a very obscene comment under an image. He had warnings on other occaisions. In fact, he had a warning just a day or two prior to the last...he knew what he was doing...he knew he would get banned. Again, I liked the guy...but there are rules for proper conduct. His actions hurt others here and that won't be tolerated. I do however wish him well wherever he may be. Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 1:20 AM

Yes well i am sorry to say, a permanent ban doesn't work, really, there are always flaws in the system, and you can get yourself a new IP and a new ID, and show your artistic developments, without anyone noticing it is him/her. Anger, frustration, confusion, spam of words which aren't really harmful [because of the non-personal character of this medium] etc. are a uncontrollable expression of ones emotions ... and i am pretty sure he is very sorry because of the consequences of his actions, that he can not or is not able to express himself with his works of art in a community he used to call his home. Some people can have a better control with their emotions than others do, and we should reconsider the rules for them probably, for anyone preferably. All i see right now is he being back under any identity he can find, and to keep him here and not you being busy trying to ban him (because you have other things to do also) i propose that we should simplify the rules, in which the banned person should get another chance to be a member again. We all are pretty mature every day, and i am sure we don't live on roses all the time, and have days in which everything doesn't really go as we hoped or planned. And so direct the anger, frustration or confusion to someone else. he knew what he was doing I have no idea Nick, sometimes an expression of a certain emotion can last more than a week. We are just not experienced enough as a psychiatrist or a psychologist to feel like the person who expressed that emotion and are not qualified to make a judgment. All we do is put a permanent ban over that person, tell him by that to stay on that side of the fence and 'forget' he existed. So please change the rules... Harmen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.