Sun, Sep 22, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: "Nodelocked" license?

gannon ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:15 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Ok, what is a Vue 6 Infinite "Nodelocked" license?

Also, am I right to think that the best way to get from Vue 5 Esprit to V6I is to sidegrade now from Vue 5 to V5I for $399 and then get the free upgrade from V5I to V6I (as I read it)?

TIA

gannon

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:32 PM

A nodelocked license will work only for the machine you installed it on. A floating license can work on several machines but will use a license server to make sure only one machine at a time can use Vue. Upgrades will be automatically node locked. It seems that yes, the best upgrade path is to upgrade from vue 5 to infinite now at $399 and get vue 6 as a free upgrade (download upgrade only, node locked).

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:37 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:39 PM

Ok color me stupid but if a person has computer off a network or off Internet want a node locked install to those computers. Or a firewall to keep computers from calling each other.  :)

How does rendercows now work if a version is node locked.  I am confused by all this. :)

ïÏøçö

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:47 PM

Good questions - I will try to get some details about the difference between licenses tomorrow at e-on's booth. I don't believe cows are affected, but I will check that as well.

gannon ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:50 PM

After looking at e-on's comparisons of V6 and V6I as well as the substantial differences in their pricing, it looks like e-on is taking a step up in distinguishing V6I as the "Professional" product (and therefore having this nodelocking/network requirement) and V6 as the "Consumer" product.

gannon

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:30 PM

You can upgrade Vue 4 pro to Vue 5 infinite for $179. Then you are entitled to a free vue 6 infinite. http://www.e-onsoftware.com/order/ProductList.php?sid=19f1044a0c24397bfdee28b4b9902d96&l=1&producttypeid=37 It is cheaper this way than if you upgrade Vue 5 infinite to Vue 6 infinite.

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:38 PM

But will e-on let us upgrade the same version of Vue 4 Pro twice.......  That is what I want to know.
  I and lots others have upgraded from Vue Pro 4 already to Vue Inf.

I agree if we can do it twice it is only way to go. :)

ïÏøçö

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:49 PM

Well color me stupid too- but why are Vue 5 Infinite early adopters being screwed in this? Why is Vue 4 Pro so special and deserving of a such a good deal? This doesn't make any sense to me!

I fully expected V5I users to get V6I for $199-- not $299 (plus LOCKED as well?) (What else is locked- the Cornucopia models- one per user license?)

Go ahead and delete this Agiel- like you did my other post questioning this- as I've made a copy and will post in the other forums which still allow freedom of speech...

Salvor ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:07 PM

Quote - Upgrades will be automatically node locked.

I'm not sure to understand correctly. Does this mean that as an upgrader from V5i to V6i, I will be forced to have a nodelocked V6i?

I would not mind paying a reasonable extra on the upgrade fee for the flexibility of having the software installed on my laptop, and I would like to have that option. Otherwise it seems a bit unfair that only new customers can have a floating license.

Another thing that leaves me thinking, if a floating license needs a server, does that mean that I would not be able to take my laptop away from the studio (and the server) and use V6i? If so, then it seems that the licensing scheme needs a bit of tuning. I perfectly understand the need to avoid that several users in a network run different copies of the software with just one license. But there must be also a scheme for portability. I don't think I'm the only one who somehow lives split in two cities and uses a laptop as a traveling alternative to the desktop installation (and not as part of a studio network).

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:15 PM

with paranoid cornucopia it is only natural the later upgrades of vue would continue this trend in the extreme. it makes perfect sense now

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:35 PM

veritas - this post is questioning this - I have no reason to remove it. Your other post was not questioning anything - it was only a list of unfounded accusations about e-on's intentions. I hope you appreciate the difference.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:38 PM

Quote - Another thing that leaves me thinking, if a floating license needs a server, does that mean that I would not be able to take my laptop away from the studio (and the server) and use V6i?

If Eon use FlexLM, then "license checkout" is a feature they could enable, on the other hand if they've written their own, then it's a matter of wait and see.

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:40 PM

Quote - You can upgrade Vue 4 pro to Vue 5 infinite for $179. Then you are entitled to a free vue 6 infinite. http://www.e-onsoftware.com/order/ProductList.php?sid=19f1044a0c24397bfdee28b4b9902d96&l=1&producttypeid=37 It is cheaper this way than if you upgrade Vue 5 infinite to Vue 6 infinite.

Hmm, I wonder if I can upgrade my Vue5Inf to Vue5Inf for 179$.......... and get Vue 6 Inf for free.......

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:42 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:44 PM

I wonder this too. but I think it more proper to say upgrade my vue 4 pro to vue 5 infinite, then receive vue 6 infinite for free.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:48 PM

Wait a minute.... are you guys talking about using vue 4 pro to upgrade again to vue 5 infinite, after having upgraded once to vue 5 infinite a while ago ? Is that what you mean by upgrading twice ? if it is, this should definitely NOT be allowed.

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:48 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:49 PM

I started Vue at V5i, so I don't have the apparent luxury of having the older version :/

Agiel - I agree - it would be odd.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:56 PM

yes, this is what we are talking about. It would save us almost half the price of the upgrade. I agree it shouldn't be allowed in a perfect world but the upgrade price is higher for vue 5 infinite to vue 6 infinite than it is for vue 4 pro users to upgrade to Vue 6 Infinite. That doesn't seem fair and "shouldn't be allowed" either. Why such a price difference. Is this a mistake. Well, i don't want to focus on it anymore. Vue 6 infinite looks good and this plus the node lock is killing the joy. Maybe I'll downgrade from vue 5 infinite to Vue 6 and save some money. But that would be odd, too.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 10:17 PM

Well- that was at the HEART of what I said --in my other post- that Agiel deleted-- Maybe it was a bit CAUSTIC- but I think E-on is being very ODD in the way they are handling all this...

I don't think I have ever seen such a widely anticipated new piece of software greeted with so much distrust and confusion as this new version of Vue. E-on has created such a negative environment for themselves (and UNNECESSARILY SO) that its hard to believe myself some of the things I'm reading in the other forums...

Man, if there was EVER a company that needed someone who understood PUBLIC RELATIONS- it is E-on!!!

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 11:02 AM

Ok... let me try this again using different words. 'node locked' is another name for the license we are currently using. For hobbyists, installation is meant for one user, meaning you can install it on your home pc and on a laptop if you want, since you are not using both of the them at the same time. For professional shops, it means one installation per machine. 'floating license' is mostly meant for professiona shops, to allow more flexibility with the way the software is installed on a local network.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 11:54 AM

I'm late getting in on this thread but have I got it right?

I have V5I and I have to buy V6I, is that right?

A also have V5E because I upgraded  to Infinite from it, so if I upgrade from that again, I get V6I for free!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused!

And whoever heard of locking software like that, what happens if you buy a new PC, does that mean you can't use it on that new PC?

CONFUSED.CO.UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 12:10 PM

If you have vue 5 I, you can only upgrade to vue 6 I (or maybe downgrade to vue 6). You cannot reuse your copy of vue 5 to upgrade again to vue 5 I and get vue 6 for free. I know people have reported doing that but it is definitely not acceptable and a violation of license (once you upgrade from a version, you old version is supposed to be used for compatibility with only scenes, but it cannot be used to upgrade from it again). Besides, in your case, you wouldn't want to do that - you can upgrade from vue 5 i to vue 6 i for $299. Going from vue 5 E to vue 5 I and then to vue 6 I would set you back $399. There is no 'locking' of that nature in locked licenses. The term 'locked' is to be used by opposition to 'floating' licenses. You should be able to install vue on a new or reimaged machine without problem.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for that explanation!  In regards to upgrading 2x - a handful are going to be quite disappointed.  Glad most didn't fall for that misconception :)

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 12:22 PM

What Agiel is trying to point out that I think is being confused by the "locked" terminology is that we are already using "node-locked" licenses, we have been since the software first came out and all the way through the versions (1,2,3,4, and 5) the floating network license is a new feature to allow a user to install it on as many machines as they want but only be able to use 1 copy of the software at a time, ideal for office settings where you know you have 10 people who know how to use it but probably only 5 at a time who will use it, so you would by 5 licenses instead of 10.

Just my understanding of the situation, hope this clarifies some things. :)

GrantH ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 12:24 PM

I'm assuming it's "locked" the same way other aps like Adobe CS2 are: - You install the software. - You enter the serial number. - You register your serial number. - You get an authentication number for your machine from vue (probably via the web with prompt from screen "wizards" upon first launch, or with a phone call option for the 2 people in the Appalachians that don't have web access). You may or may not have to enter the authentication number manually upon email receipt of auth. number if not the "automatic" way. If you want to move Vue to another machine. You contact vue. You may or may not have to "de-authenticate" your machine. You repeat the installation process for your new machine, and authenticate that machine with a new authentication number from Vue. It sounds convoluted and a pain in the but, but if they implement it the same way Adobe did (at least IMHO) it is quick and painless. Although given the choice, the license server sounds better. I use C4D on a mac and would love to see what 6-extreme is like but their site only mentions 6 extreme for the PC. Anybody care to comment on how much a difference there would be between the more seamless workflow of Extreme with 2 way native interaction between vue and C4d vs. 6 infinite with the C4D plugin? I can't tell if they have the same working features but X is more fluid than I + plugin, or if X has different/more/better features beyond better integration between 2 aps.

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 2:09 PM

Quote - I'm assuming it's "locked" the same way other aps like Adobe CS2 are: - You install the software. - You enter the serial number. - You register your serial number. - You get an authentication number for your machine from vue (probably via the web with prompt from screen "wizards" upon first launch, or with a phone call option for the 2 people in the Appalachians that don't have web access). You may or may not have to enter the authentication number manually upon email receipt of auth. number if not the "automatic" way. If you want to move Vue to another machine. You contact vue. You may or may not have to "de-authenticate" your machine. You repeat the installation process for your new machine, and authenticate that machine with a new authentication number from Vue.

That isn't what Agiel said. Agiel said we'll be allowed to install Vue6i on a second machine (such as laptop) as long as we don't use the copy on the first machine at the same time.

I have Photoshop CS2 and I can tell for sure that you can NOT install CS2 on a laptop if you installed it on your desktop machine first, you must first deactivate the desktop installation and then install on the laptop - just like you said.

Agiel said he verified with E-on about that, so if he says that we'll be able to install V6i on both our desktop PC and laptop PC, we have to trust him: he's got first hand news from E-on.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 2:30 PM

I don't have the details on how it will be implemented, but they did say it would be ok to install the same copy of Vue on a desktop and laptop as long as you don't use both of them at the same time.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 2:42 PM

iloco - to answer your question about 'will e-on allow double upgrade from vue 4 pro', they are aware of that issue by now, but I do now know if they can or they will do something to prevent this. Once you have upgraded to a new version of any software, your current license applies to the most recent version you have. Former versions should ideally be destroyed. Now, it is clear that you want to hold on to that older copie to reinstall upgrades or to view old scenes that the new version may not be able to view. That's perfectly acceptable. What is not allowed for example, is to keep your recent version and give away the old version to your sister or your friend. That kind of transfer of ownership applies to all versions, including the last one you purchased. Another example is what we have here, once you upgrade from one version to the next, you lose the right to upgrade from that version again. This kind of behavior is unethical at best - it's up to e-on to decide how they will handle it.

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 2:55 PM

Orio: I don't want to divert the thread, but you are incorrect about the Photoshop CS2 license. Here is the relevant quote lifted directly from the CS2 license file as supplied with the software:

2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

And in fact I have done exactly this. It works just fine.

Steve

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 3:57 PM

O.k. Agiel- please explain this Vue 4 Pro un-grade weirdness--- WHY would Vue 4 Pro license holders get Vue 6 Infinite for $179- while Vue 5 Infinite owners have to pay $299 for the upgrade?

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:06 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:09 PM

Veritas - you are confusing me with someone who works at / for e-on. They would have to explain it. They would have to answer that question themselves. My guess is that it is a loophole in their pricing that they didn't think about. The 'vue 4 pro to vue 5 infinite' price was an upgrade path at the time of the release of vue 5 infinite. The 'vue 5 infinite now to vue 6 infinite for free' is a special offer at the occasion of a new release. They probably didn't think people would try to trick them by upgrading again a version they already upgraded a long time ago. Once again.... 'vue 4 pro' users are legally getting vue 6 infinite for $179 only if they have not already upgraded to vue 5 infinite with their version. The others (who double upgrade) are just getting advantage of the situation by doing something that should not be allowed. For the record - the people I talked to at e-on do not approve of this loophole. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to prevent it in the future...

LCBoliou ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:20 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:25 PM

Agiel, thanks for defining the "node-locked" term.  I hope it is as you've presented it, and not some activation scheme.  The term "node-locked," to me at least, suggests that the application is limited to one node, or PC.  It doesn't really suggest one PC at a time.
Poser6 already uses a kind of node based system.  You can load the application on several PCs, but can only use it on one node within a network -- unless you have purchased multiple licenses, one per PC.
If you open Poser on a PC while it is running on another PC in a network, Poser will detect the SN and will not allow you to run the second instance of the application.  This also works if you have an internet connection.  Starting the application initiates a connection check, if live, then verifies SN on a server.  If anyone else presently with an internet connection is using this SN, then the second PC will not be able to run the application, unless -- of course there is a unique SN associated with the PC.
What I don't get, is why the distinction between the 2 Vue6 I products?  Vue6 I could all simply have a "floating license," as the detection technology is in that Vue version anyway?

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:27 PM

QUOTE:For the record - the people I talked to at e-on do not approve of this loophole. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to prevent it in the future...

Thanks for answeiing my question.  Got more but can wait and hope they are ansered before Vue 6 is made available to general public. :)

Ok so the ones who did it or doing it will get by and the ones like me and others who are asking if we can will be the ones who can not do this.
  It is e-on fault for not checking out these loopholes so we who see and ask are the ones who suffer and the ones who took advantage are the ones who come out on top.   Is this what you mean.
  I think it should be a fair playing field for all involved with Vue.

lol.....I think everyone knew it would be a 3 ring circus once Vue 6 was announced and I see it is headed that way from all the post on all the graphic forums.

Why cannot e-on have a representive checking these forums and answering some the questions first hand.
This would go along with with customer support and clear up a lot of hear say things like the upgrading to save over 100 dollars if allowed for a few and not for all. :)

ïÏøçö

LCBoliou ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:43 PM

Directly from e-on's web site:
A Node-Locked License is specific to your computer (it is locked to it during the registration process). Node-Locked Licenses are typically used if you are using xStream Bundle on a single computer. You can also use Node-Locked Licenses for several computers, but each single License will have to be locked to a single computer.

Sounds like activation control to me.  You register each node-locked copy to one specific node (PC).  If you want to install on several PCs, you will need several licensed copies of Vue6 Infinite.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:54 PM

What a freking mess this is going to be.........:(

ïÏøçö

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:09 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:21 PM

Agiel you miss the point. Why is it cheaper for vue4pro user to upgrade to vue6 infinite, than vue 5 infinite users???? That is the problem. It has nothing to do with upgrading twice although that would be a nice work around. The whole upgrade twice issue is just that a separate issue. The real problem is the discrepancy in price for people who have a more recent version of vue. The whole thing is backwards. In fact vue 4 pro users should pay $300 and vue 5 infinite users should pay $179. That is the logical conclusion. What say anyone to this?

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:14 PM

Quote - Agiel said we'll be allowed to install Vue6i on a second machine (such as laptop) as long as we don't use the copy on the first machine at the same time. Agiel said he verified with E-on about that, so if he says that we'll be able to install V6i on both our desktop PC and laptop PC, we have to trust him: he's got first hand news from E-on.

Since I'm about to take the plunge and sidegrade, I also verified this on the phone today, while speaking to an e-on sales rep named Rick.  I can install V5I or V6I once the upgrade becomes available onto both my home desktop computer and my laptop.  As long as I'm only using one machine at a time, this is acceptable and should work fine.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:19 PM

I agree with Cobra Eye 100%.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:23 PM

Quote - Directly from e-on's web site:
A Node-Locked License is specific to your computer (it is locked to it during the registration process). Node-Locked Licenses are typically used if you are using xStream Bundle on a single computer. You can also use Node-Locked Licenses for several computers, but each single License will have to be locked to a single computer.

Sounds like activation control to me.  You register each node-locked copy to one specific node (PC).  If you want to install on several PCs, you will need several licensed copies of Vue6 Infinite.

If you look at this quote, all it says really is that a license will be locked to a single machine. It is not incompatible with what I said... it will depend on what e-on means by one machine. If it is as I understood from talking to them, they mean it as in 'one machine at a time'. If you have a desktop and a laptop, you should still be able to install the same license on both machines. Run them one at a time on a network, they will run fine. Run both of them at a time, one will detect the other is already running and kick you out. Once again this is a mechanism to force professional shops to choose between a fixed number of license or something more flexible, at a higher cost. I don't see how it would change what we are doing as individual users.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:29 PM

cobraeye - I get your point. My answer above was just an attempt to explain what may have happened. My point is that it does not look like e-on meant to give a cheaper deal for vue 4 pro users. It looks more like the collision of two deals - one made a while ago to go from vue 4 pro to vue 5 i and one made now for nvue 5 i to vue 6 i. if you think it is unfair, I suggest you pay a visit to the official support forum and voice your discontent there. Nobody here has influence on e-on's choice of pricing policy.

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:15 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:16 PM

what? Do you think it is fair? If you do not, or if anyone else does not, then we should all pay a visit to the official support forum and voice the discrepancy in upgrade pricing. Maybe there are more price deals to come out. I thought there was a pre-order deal last time for the upgrade. We all have a slight influence on e-on's price policy especially as a collective whole. But I know what you are driving at. On a separate note: Some of the new features look awesome like motion import in action. I'd love to try that out in HDV.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:25 PM

sigh I don't think it is fair but at the same time, I am not going to lose my sleep because a handful of users will save $120 by using this offer. Really - how many people have vue 4 pro and never upgraded to vue 5 or vue 5 infinite ?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:36 PM

$120.00 if a lot of money for some us.......glad some can just throw away money.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:39 PM

It is a lot for me being on a fixed income which isnt much.
  I like Vue because I can not work and it gives me something to pass the time when on computer. :)

We are not all professionals and if it hadn't been for the hobbiest where would Vue be today. :)
I hope they remember the ones who got them to where they are at now and not get a big head because of catering to the professionals. :)

ïÏøçö

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:41 PM

Quote - I don't have the details on how it will be implemented, but they did say it would be ok to install the same copy of Vue on a desktop and laptop as long as you don't use both of them at the same time.

Agiel,

Just a note of thanks for your help in all of this, and your patience with us all. I'm sure we all would like to be there in Boston with you!

I agree with you, and think the Vue4 upgrade for $179 is probably just a marketing oversight, and will be fixed soon by e-on. I would hope they would consider having a small presence on one of these forums during times like this-- as it would certainly help all of us better understand the new product and pricing strategies...and give you a bit of a break.

Thanks again :-)
Chipp

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:42 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:43 PM

$120 is a lot of money for me too. But I already upgraded from my version of vue 4 pro. The only thing I can do is to upgrade from vue 5 infinite. Demanding from e-on to prevent a handful of people to upgrade from their copy will not help me save money.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:51 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:54 PM

I appreciate your patience as well :)...I can't believe it doesn't bother you that some are going thru the loophole....you think this is fair? I sure as hell don't.

I know you have no say so & can't help - but the silence of EON is beyond deafening - although we should be used to this kind of p/r debacle. It's not the 1st time.

And people wonder why everyone gets worked up :glare:

This is a perfect example. No offical from EON has responded at EON forums either...this is why the drama continues.  Very sad :(

I think ALL these software companies need to send there employess back to P/R 101. As of now, they all get an F!!!!! And not just EON...ALL of them.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 8:00 PM

This is a concern to me, I don’t have a problem purchasing an upgrade but why should users of V5i have to pay $299 and users of Vue 4 pro only have to pay $179? This would make sense if it were the other way around.

This makes me feel that E-on does not value my business, this also sends me a message that E-on will give you better pricing if you don’t upgrade to every new version.

I hope this is an oversight and will be corrected soon.

btw - I have posted this on E-on's fourm as well.

gannon ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 8:02 PM

Since I started all this, there's one thing I still don't understand"

From what I've read here, e-on's nodelocking allows a hobbyist to run V6I on more than one computer but only on one computer at a time. E-on "knows" that the user is using V6I on only one computer. What if one of the computers is never on the internet? I have a PC on the internet and a laptop that is never online.

Does the nodelocking license require that, for a hobbyist to install and then utilize V6I on more than one computer, both computers need to be on the internet? Should I not bother getting V6I if my plan as a hobbyist is to install it on two computers, one of which I want to keep off line?

gannon

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 8:05 PM

Ditto the same gannon. :)

ïÏøçö

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 8:07 PM

We will have to wait until Vue 6 installation mechanism is more clear. I don't think it will make a difference. Look at Poser. It does have a 'node locking' mechanism - if you have a network, it will check if the same copy is running on it already. But at the same time, it runs just fine without a network.

LCBoliou ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 9:12 PM

I have absolutely no problem with the Poser "node-lock" scheme.  If this is what e-on is using, then it's no big deal.

Again, thanks for your information and patience agiel!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.